JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
STAR: McCanns' Horror at holiday ad (merged) EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
STAR: McCanns' Horror at holiday ad (merged) EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
STAR: McCanns' Horror at holiday ad (merged) EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
STAR: McCanns' Horror at holiday ad (merged) EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
STAR: McCanns' Horror at holiday ad (merged) EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
STAR: McCanns' Horror at holiday ad (merged) EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
STAR: McCanns' Horror at holiday ad (merged) EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
STAR: McCanns' Horror at holiday ad (merged) EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
STAR: McCanns' Horror at holiday ad (merged) EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

STAR: McCanns' Horror at holiday ad (merged)

+5
muratfan
Rose
crazytony
greenink211
bb1
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

STAR: McCanns' Horror at holiday ad (merged) Empty STAR: McCanns' Horror at holiday ad (merged)

Post  bb1 Mon May 07, 2012 11:28 pm

Just the front page so far:

STAR: McCanns' Horror at holiday ad (merged) 16223779

This could get interesting; let's hope the Star has some idea who is responsible.

Last edited by bb1 on Tue May 08, 2012 12:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

STAR: McCanns' Horror at holiday ad (merged) Empty Re: STAR: McCanns' Horror at holiday ad (merged)

Post  greenink211 Tue May 08, 2012 12:06 am

MADELEINE MCCANN WEB AD APPALLING SAY PARENTS

This is an appalling use of Madeleine’s picture and whether it is a result of hacking or a mistake it must be removed immediately

Spokesman Clarence Mitchell
8th May 2012
By Jerry Lawton

MADELEINE McCann’s parents were “horrified” last night after discovering her photo being used to sell trips to Portugal.

The snap of Maddie at the age of three is shown on a website boasting: “£20 off: Great discount on holiday bookings.”

It plugs breaks in a self-catering family apartment in Albufeira, Algarve, just 25 miles from the Praia da Luz resort where Madeleine vanished five years ago.

The photo, on discount website VoucherDigg, was snapped hours before the youngster disappeared from the apartment.

The treasured poolside image was the last photo of her taken by parents Kate, 44, and Gerry, 43, who have been desperately searching for her since May 2007.

Last night the couple’s spokesman Clarence Mitchell branded its use “appallingly insensitive”.

Top London law firm Carter-Ruck has been called in to demand the removal of the picture with “immediate effect”.

Mr Mitchell told the Daily Star: “This is an appalling use of Madeleine’s picture and whether it is a result of hacking or a mistake it must be removed immediately.

“Kate and Gerry are fully aware of this and are horrified. We understand it has been on the website for 24 hours.”

Underneath her picture are the words “best value’’. When users click on it they are taken to a page featuring the same image and deals from lowcostholidays.com.

Bizarrely, the advert urges holidaymakers: “Hurry up for time is limited. Take the ones you loved and enjoy your life.’’

Lawrence Hunt, boss of lowcosttravelgroup, told the Daily Star he was “outraged” the photo had been linked to his company.

He said initial inquiries had sourced the picture to a Chinese marketing firm.

He added: “We have broken all the links from their site to ours and have contacted them to remove this content.”

No-one at VoucherDigg was available to comment last night.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/250086/Madeleine-McCann-web-ad-appalling-say-parents/
greenink211
greenink211
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

STAR: McCanns' Horror at holiday ad (merged) Empty Re: STAR: McCanns' Horror at holiday ad (merged)

Post  bb1 Tue May 08, 2012 12:10 am

Oh my! Clarence has used the 'H' word!

Mr Mitchell told the Daily Star: “This is an appalling use of Madeleine’s picture and whether it is a result of hacking or a mistake it must be removed immediately.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Tue May 08, 2012 5:54 am

Nice one, Jerry Lawton of the Star newspaper!

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

STAR: McCanns' Horror at holiday ad (merged) Empty Horror for the McCanns

Post  Rose Tue May 08, 2012 9:26 am

Daily Star

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/starsays/view/250092/Horror-for-McCanns/

STAR: McCanns' Horror at holiday ad (merged) Dstr10

THE morons who used a picture of Madeleine McCann to advertise holidays in Portugal should be ashamed.

You would need a pretty sick sense of humour to be amused by it.

And you would be mad to book a holiday off the back of it.

Unsurprisingly beleaguered parents Kate and Gerry McCann are devastated and furious.

And so they should be.

They’ve suffered enough pain without some prats trying to cash in on their tragedy.

It’s unclear at this stage exactly who is responsible for illegally using the photo.

But when the culprit is found the law should come down on them in the strongest possible way.
Rose
Rose
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue May 08, 2012 10:32 am

Too funny!

Re: MCCANNS HORRIFIED AS MADELEINE USED TO SELL DISCOUNT HOLIDAYS
margaret Today

I bet they found out from here.

And since when did the likes of them voluntarily contact the police, Carter Ruck - or even the media? rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Chucky would be well advised to zip it, or she is liable to get the same kind of attention from the Star as LaffinThug did. And she is about as photogenic.

Right now, she is sounding like an arsonist drawing attention to the lovely big fire she lit.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Tue May 08, 2012 10:49 am

Chucky would be well advised to zip it, or she is liable to get the same kind of attention from the Star as LaffinThug did. And she is about as photogenic.

Right now, she is sounding like an arsonist drawing attention to the lovely big fire she lit.

I think it would be a good idea if she held her tongue. The investigation isn't over yet and Carly was the only one who knew of the offending link.

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue May 08, 2012 10:58 am

I hope the Star follows this up, Tony, and not only finds out who was responsible, but names, shames and generally gives the LaffinThug treatment to all the ghouls and forkers who rushed to spread the word and make sicko remarks about the McCanns having done it themselves.

No prizes for guessing who would be top of the list. IMO, it is very telling that Bennett's forum smelled a large rat about this, and did NOT caper and gloat about it; I am sure they are glad it isn't them who will be coming under scrutiny.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue May 08, 2012 11:12 am

The Star says:

Moronic pitchforkers say:

They missed a trick there, they could have sold some of those holiday packs they were selling the other year, you know the luggage tags?

------------
This must be very good publicity for the holiday company, all this extra advertising.

-----------

I spot a 'kerching' opportunity.....settlement out of court etc

I do hope the Star decides to let its millions of readers see who the trolls behind the sick posts are, as they did with LaffinThug. Wink
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Tue May 08, 2012 11:16 am

Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2141087/Madeleine-McCann-Last-picture-went-missing-used-sell-Portugal-holidays.html

McCanns left 'horrified' after site uses precious last picture of missing Madeleine to sell discount holidays to Portugal

Rose
Rose
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  muratfan Tue May 08, 2012 11:21 am

Think i may send The Star everything i have on little Miss Chucky Misspell.
muratfan
muratfan
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Tue May 08, 2012 11:24 am

bb1 wrote:The Star says:

Moronic pitchforkers say:

They missed a trick there, they could have sold some of those holiday packs they were selling the other year, you know the luggage tags?

------------
This must be very good publicity for the holiday company, all this extra advertising.

-----------

I spot a 'kerching' opportunity.....settlement out of court etc

I do hope the Star decides to let its millions of readers see who the trolls behind the sick posts are, as they did with LaffinThug. Wink
I did say the press would have a field day about this; and, that is just what they appear to be having. biggrin

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue May 08, 2012 11:24 am

Thanks, Rose - I am sure the police etc., will be trying to get to the bottom of this; there is rather a lot about it that doesn't quite add up, isn't there?

I am glad to see at least one person on MM isn't shrieking with laughter and demanding,

LOOKAMEE!!!! Everyone LOOKAMEE!!

After expressing distaste for the use of the photo, she posted:

And people making sure it got as many hits as possible is just as bad. Sorry I'm disgusted.

Quite right, too. I wonder if they will still be capering and shrieking if their attention-seeking member gets her face in the Star a la LaffinThug?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue May 08, 2012 11:26 am

muratfan wrote:Think i may send The Star everything i have on little Miss Chucky Misspell.

Maybe the Star will give her the attention she so longs for, muratfan?

After all, she is the one who was doing the most to draw attention to this - and to herself.

ETA, don't forget to include the screenshot of her using the 'f' word to describe Madeleine McCann.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  muratfan Tue May 08, 2012 11:51 am

bb1 wrote:

ETA, don't forget to include the screenshot of her using the 'f' word to describe Madeleine McCann.

Oh i have that one as well. I have most of her vile postings where it is obvious she doesn't care about Madeleine .

EVEN HAVE THE ONE WHERE SHE HOPES MADELEINE IS DEAD
muratfan
muratfan
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue May 08, 2012 11:55 am

Bit late for another sane member to want the LOOKAMEE!!!! LOOKAMEE!!! thread deleted

Because everybody can read this.

Yes, they can. Including the staff of the Star, and other tabloids. They can all see the forkers revelling in this, and someone demanding LOOKAMEE!!! yet again.

They've only themselves to blame if they carry the can for this sick stunt.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue May 08, 2012 11:57 am

muratfan wrote:
bb1 wrote:

Oh i have that one as well. I have most of her vile postings where it is obvious she doesn't care about Madeleine .

EVEN HAVE THE ONE WHERE SHE HOPES MADELEINE IS DEAD

Good. I am sure the Star will be interested, even if they hang onto the material for now, they will use it sooner or later, as they did with LaffinThug.

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Tue May 08, 2012 12:07 pm

Screenshots biggrin

STAR: McCanns' Horror at holiday ad (merged) Diss1a10

STAR: McCanns' Horror at holiday ad (merged) Diss1b10

STAR: McCanns' Horror at holiday ad (merged) Diss1c10
Rose
Rose
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue May 08, 2012 12:10 pm

Nice one, Rose. thumbsup

Nothing like wanting to draw attention to yourself, is there?

oh dear 2 blogs accusing me oof being the photo hacker
by Justiceforallkids

Let's hope she gets it - from the Star.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue May 08, 2012 12:33 pm

It's on Sky News now:

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16224031

Quote:

Lawrence Hunt, chief operating officer at lowcostholidays.com, said: "We have no contract with VoucherDigg to advertise our holidays and we are doing all that we can to contact the website and get the picture removed.
"We discovered this vile material yesterday and immediately broke all the links to our site and contacted our lawyers.
"We apologise for any distress this may have caused which is completely beyond our control and are disgusted by the use of this image."

I seem to recall that the site is unmonitored, which means that anyone could have put a fake 'ad' on it, and then made sure the forkers were on-message and really, really, outraged.

Anyone had any odd 'Chinese' or 'Russian' ips hanging around recently?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue May 08, 2012 12:42 pm

If this is correct:

Voucher Digg website is registered to a registrant at the University of East Anglia

Then it shouldn't be too hard to track down the sicko who did this. And the forkers who have been capering, shrieking and generally enjoying this cannot complain if people in the real world take a long, hard look at who went out of their way to draw attention to it.

Especially people who started gloating, LOOKAMEE!!!! threads.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Tue May 08, 2012 12:52 pm

bb1 wrote:If this is correct:

Voucher Digg website is registered to a registrant at the University of East Anglia

Then it shouldn't be too hard to track down the sicko who did this. And the forkers who have been capering, shrieking and generally enjoying this cannot complain if people in the real world take a long, hard look at who went out of their way to draw attention to it.

Especially people who started gloating, LOOKAMEE!!!! threads.
Whoever has done the deed will have left a digital footprint.

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Tue May 08, 2012 1:01 pm

Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  muratfan Tue May 08, 2012 1:02 pm

CB32F University Village
Norwich
England
NR4 7TJ
United Kingdom

Registered to a haters room.....oh dear
muratfan
muratfan
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Tue May 08, 2012 1:05 pm

The person or persons who committed such despicable act, should be punished very hard.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next