JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
TONY BLAIR FACES LEVESON EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
TONY BLAIR FACES LEVESON EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
TONY BLAIR FACES LEVESON EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
TONY BLAIR FACES LEVESON EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
TONY BLAIR FACES LEVESON EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
TONY BLAIR FACES LEVESON EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
TONY BLAIR FACES LEVESON EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
TONY BLAIR FACES LEVESON EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
TONY BLAIR FACES LEVESON EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

TONY BLAIR FACES LEVESON

+2
bb1
Lamplighter
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

TONY BLAIR FACES LEVESON Empty TONY BLAIR FACES LEVESON

Post  Lamplighter Mon May 28, 2012 9:57 am

Tony Blair Arrives At Leveson Inquiry
By Mark White, Home Affairs correspondent | Sky News – 32 minutes ago

Former prime minister Tony Blair has arrived at the Leveson Inquiry where he will be asked if he struck a deal with Rupert Murdoch.
Mr Murdoch, who appeared before the hearing on April 25, denied there was ever an agreement between the pair.
He told the inquiry : "I, in 10 years of his power, never asked Mr Blair for anything. Nor indeed did I receive any favours."
A growing number of those who served in the Blair government have conceded the relationship was too close at times.
In his evidence to Lord Justice Leveson, the former Business Secretary Lord Mandelson said the relationship had "arguably" become "closer than wise" but dismissed claims of a "Faustian pact" involving commercial concessions for News Corp in return for support from its newspapers.
There is no doubt though, that the former prime minister and Rupert Murdoch were close. Mr Blair is godfather to the media tycoon's daughter Grace.
He met Mr Murdoch on around 40 occasions during his time at the top of British politics and Mr Blair secured something no other Labour leader had ever managed - a decade of support from Mr Murdoch's UK newspaper titles.
Under Mr Blair's leadership, New Labour actively chased that support. He personally travelled to Hayman Island in Australia to address News Corp executives in 1995, as part of the party's strategy to communicate with newspapers that had unfavourably portrayed previous leaders Michael Foot and Neil Kinnock.
Phil Hall, who was the News Of The World's editor at the time Mr Blair came to power, told Sky News he did not buy into the theory there was any deal between New Labour and News Corporation.
He said: "There's been all this talk of a Faustian pact, I don't believe that actually existed. I think what Murdoch saw in Tony Blair was a future prime minister who was more conservative than the Conservatives. He was young, he had flair and the two men became very close."
In her evidence to the Leveson Inquiry on May 21, Mr Blair's former culture secretary Tessa Jowell said when she took over the role in 2002 she sought assurances from the then prime minister that there had been no backdoor deal with Mr Murdoch.
She told the hearing: "I asked him whether or not any deal had been done on the cross-media ownership rules. He gave me an absolute assurance, which I completely accepted, that there had been no prior agreement."
Lance Price, who was part of Tony Blair's Downing Street communications team told Sky News: "The truth of the matter is that the Murdoch empire did have a closer relationship with Number 10 than the other organisations did.
"It was a two-way process, they both could see that there were benefits to them from it and it was a relationship that from both sides had its benefits and its downsides."
Mr Blair 's testimony marks the beginning of a week of evidence from political heavyweights.
On Tuesday, the Education Secretary and friend of the Murdochs Michael Gove will give evidence, as will Home Secretary Theresa May.
She is likely to be asked about claims that former News International chief executive Rebekah Brooks threatened her with sustained negative headlines in The Sun newspaper, if she refused to order a renewed investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.
On Wednesday, the Business Secretary Vince Cable will appear. He will face some awkward questions over comments he made "declaring war on Rupert Murdoch".
He lost his responsibility for overseeing News Corporation's bid for BSkyB after those revelations were made public.
That responsibility was handed to Culture Secretary Jeremy Hunt, who is now fighting for his political survival, after evidence at the Leveson Inquiry revealed close communications between his department and News Corporation during that bidding process.
His special adviser, Adam Smith, resigned last month after the email evidence between him and News Corp lobbyist Fred Michel was released.
Mr Hunt will have his day before Leveson on Thursday.

Last edited by bb1 on Mon May 28, 2012 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updated with subtitle)
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

TONY BLAIR FACES LEVESON Empty Re: TONY BLAIR FACES LEVESON

Post  bb1 Mon May 28, 2012 11:05 am

Why do I think he will just smile a lot and say nothing much?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon May 28, 2012 11:11 am

I was one of those life long Tories who thought that Tony Blair might actually come to good, and lead the country with a sensible Government. I actually felt some hope, so no reason why Rupert Murdoch shouldn't have thought the same thing.
Now, I would believe Rupert Murdoch long before I would believe Tony Blair who proved to be the biggest Political disappointment of my life. I completely gave up on British politics after that debacle.
So, I don't expect any startling revelations. Blair is hardly going to gainsay Murdoch, is he. Blair has got enough problems without that. Although he and his lovely wife don't seem to much care what anybody thinks.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon May 28, 2012 11:25 am

It's probably heresy to say so, but I am bored with the whole thing, Sabot.

I am really not interested in Guardianistas and similar chattering classes staring into their own entrails; also, the investigation into alleged misconduct seems to be teetering on the edge of becoming a witchhunt.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon May 28, 2012 11:44 am

It certainly seems to have lost it's direction and purpose, Bonny, and is fast turning into a farce.
And for some it was only ever about getting at The McCanns. But don't forget that Tony Blair was the first to offer support to The McCanns, so some will no doubt be riveted to every word, and find cause for something or another.

Ooooh. Perhaps Tony Blair will arrest The McCanns. Gonc isn't the only one who can play Aces. And then they will all vote Labour next time.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon May 28, 2012 12:19 pm

I started losing interest about the time when it turned out that NOTW had had nothing to do with the business of the deleted messages on Milly Dowler's phone, and the Guardian had to grovel about it.

Then, when the retired police horse got dragged in, it started turning into a farce.

Oh, I see Blair has started:

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16236564

Blair: I Chose To Manage Not Confront Press

Tony Blair has admitted that he chose to court the press rather than confront their influence because he feared his message would be blocked.

The former prime minister made clear he saw nothing wrong with a "close interaction" between politicians and the media" as he defended his own communications strategy.
Appearing at the Leveson Inquiry, he said it was "unhealthy" that certain parts of the press were used as "instruments of political power" but admits he took no action.
"If you're a political leader and you've got very powerful media groups and you fall out with one of those groups, the consequences is such that you... are effectively blocked from getting across your message," he said at the Royal Courts of Justice in London.
"I'm being open about the fact that frankly I decided as a political leader, and this was a strategic decision, that I was going to manage that and not confront it."

However, he denied that his notoriously robust communications team, headed by Alastair Campbell, had turned the media "toxic" by being liberal with the truth.
Looking tanned and relaxed, Mr Blair told the inquiry: "We were not the first and only government to want to put the best possible gloss on what you are doing....
"That is a completely different thing from saying that you go out to say things that are completely untrue, that you bully and harass journalists and so on.
"I read a lot of those things that we are supposed to have done and I actually dispute that we did those things very strongly."
Mr Blair said he had wanted a much stronger operation to combat the press because he remembered the "onslaught" launched against Labour before the 1992 election.
He described The Sun and The Daily Mail as the most powerful newspapers in Britain and insisted that it had been important to try and deal with them.
"Once they are against you that's it. It's full frontal, day in, day out, basically a lifetime commitment," he said, adding: "I think you certainly do fear the power being directed at you."

TONY BLAIR FACES LEVESON 16236756
Tony Blair outside the Royal Courts of Justice

However, he did say: "I didn't feel under pressure in relation to commercial interests from the Murdoch people or anyone else. The pressure for me was more political. We decided more stuff against the Murdoch interest in favour of it."

-----------

Give me a day or two, I might manage to work out what that actually means - he always was an expert at waffling while saying nothing.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon May 28, 2012 12:29 pm

Newsflash Newsflash

Something finally happened - it seems an anti-war protester got loose in the court and tried to perform a citizen's arrest on Blair for war crimes.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon May 28, 2012 12:30 pm

It's all a bit confused just now, but it seems the protester somehow got into court from behind the judge's chair.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon May 28, 2012 12:34 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/may/28/tony-blair-leveson-inquiry-live

alan rusbridger@arusbridger
"The man is a war criminal!" Shouting protestor (minus custard pie) breaks in to #leveson through secure corridor

=========

12.20pm: Blair remained poised throughout the incident, even as the man gripped the judge's bench only metres away, accusing him of being a war criminal.

=========
esther addley@estheraddley
#Leveson orders inquiry into how intruder - 40 sthg man, white shirt, chinos - gained entry

===========

No, I don't know what sthg means....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon May 28, 2012 12:36 pm

sthg - I think its short for something. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon May 28, 2012 12:50 pm

Video here now:

http://news.sky.com/home/politics/article/16236904

A protester has branded Tony Blair a war criminal after storming the Leveson Inquiry hearing where the former prime minister is giving evidence.

The man, dressed in a white shirt and chinos, entered the room from behind Lord Justice Leveson where the door is manned by a sole usher.
He appeared to catch security at the Royal Courts of Justice off guard and was able to shout out his message before he was bundled away.
As Mr Blair looked on, the protester said: "This man should be arrested for war crimes. JP Morgan paid him off for the Iraq War three months after we invaded Iraq.
"They held up the Iraq bank for 20bn dollars. It was then paid 6m dollars every year and still is from JP Morgan six months after he left office. The man is a war criminal."
Lord Justice Leveson said: "I'm sorry for that Mr Blair. I would like to find out how this gentleman managed to access the court through what is supposed to be a secure corridor. I will have an investigation undertaken about that immediately. I apologise."
Mr Blair added: "Can I just say on the record what he said about Iraq and JP Morgan is completely and totally untrue. I have never had any discussion with them about that."
More to follow..

-----------

The protester does't seem to look like the usual rent-a-mob demonstrator, I wonder if that is why security didn't pick up on him?

Whatever happened, it's another shocking breach - he could just as easily have had a gun in his hand.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon May 28, 2012 2:21 pm

TONY BLAIR FACES LEVESON 16236906

I wonder if that is the head of security with his head in his hands?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon May 28, 2012 3:07 pm

I think it's Jay with his head in his hands. Tony Blair must be killing himself laughing. It justifies all of the Security it is no doubt costing The Tax Payer to protect his Mansion.

Just who is Jay representing, By the way?
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon May 28, 2012 3:11 pm

Er, I can't actually remember, Sabot... whistle
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon May 28, 2012 3:21 pm

Oh look, Sabot, we have got a forkerstalker hanging around....

Reply Retweet Favorite
3h Dr David Payne ‏@DodgyDrPayne
Just how THICK is BB1? A picture of Lord Jay Leveson and she asks if he's the head of security pmsl https://jatyk2.forumotion.co.uk/t1716-tony-blair-faces-leveson (last post) #mccann

Who, pray tell, is 'Lord Jay Leveson'?

Lord Leveson is this gentleman:

TONY BLAIR FACES LEVESON PA-11287619.jpg_resized_460_

He is the one behind the desk, nearest to the protester.

The one with his head in his hands may well be Jay, but it's hard to be sure because his hand is covering his face.

NEXT! Hahau Hahau Hahau Hahau Hahau
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon May 28, 2012 3:24 pm

From his position in relation to Blair and Lord Leveson, I think it probably is Jay. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon May 28, 2012 3:26 pm

Oh, and the remark was 'ironic'. That means, like, satire or humour. I know forkers are none too bright at the best of times, but really.... rofl rofl rofl

The forker probably didn't understand it because it didn't contain four-letter words. Pcorneater
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon May 28, 2012 3:32 pm

Lamplighter wrote:From his position in relation to Blair and Lord Leveson, I think it probably is Jay. LL

Think you're right, LL.

What do you bet the protester got past security because he is a fairly clean-looking, forty-ish white man? He probably carried a clipboard or something, and no-one actually bothered to stop him.

I shudder to think of the consequences if he had tried that in the States.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon May 28, 2012 3:42 pm

bb1 wrote:Er, I can't actually remember, Sabot... whistle

I am beginning to wonder if it matters. But some censoring of The Press is bound to follow. And Twitter and Face Book. That'll give them something to complain about.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon May 28, 2012 3:44 pm

They shouldn't be allowed keyboards unless they can prove that their IQ is greater than their shoe size.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon May 28, 2012 3:49 pm

bb1 wrote:Oh look, Sabot, we have got a forkerstalker hanging around....

Reply Retweet Favorite
Just how THICK is BB1? A picture of Lord Jay Leveson and she asks if he's the head of security pmsl https://jatyk2.forumotion.co.uk/t1716-tony-blair-faces-leveson (last post) #mccann

The one with his head in his hands may well be Jay, but it's hard to be sure because his hand is covering his face.

Don't you just love it when they try to be Smart Arses, and then make utter fools of themselves. No wonder they don't understand The Files.
Lord Justice Leveson is the bald man in the middle. And his first name isn't Jay. Jay in fact is the surname of The Barrister doing the questioning. Easy when you read things properly. Sheesh.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon May 28, 2012 4:12 pm

bb1 wrote:
Lamplighter wrote:From his position in relation to Blair and Lord Leveson, I think it probably is Jay. LL

Think you're right, LL.

What do you bet the protester got past security because he is a fairly clean-looking, forty-ish white man? He probably carried a clipboard or something, and no-one actually bothered to stop him.

I shudder to think of the consequences if he had tried that in the States.
Just seen a replay of the incident on BBC and it is definitely Robert Jay. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon May 28, 2012 4:21 pm

That'll be Lord Robert Jay Leveson then, LL? rofl rofl rofl

I know, Sabot, no wonder they cannot grasp difficult concepts like 'evidence'. Rolling Eyes
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggs Mon May 28, 2012 4:29 pm

bb1 wrote:Oh look, Sabot, we have got a forkerstalker hanging around....

Reply Retweet Favorite

Its the "J" in Justice, it has thrown them, Bonny.

TONY BLAIR FACES LEVESON Images15TONY BLAIR FACES LEVESON Brain_10TONY BLAIR FACES LEVESON Images16

Maggs
Maggs
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon May 28, 2012 4:32 pm

bb1 wrote:That'll be Lord Robert Jay Leveson then, LL? rofl rofl rofl

I know, Sabot, no wonder they cannot grasp difficult concepts like 'evidence'. Rolling Eyes

Then they should shut their bloody mouths before someone shut their mouths for them. They are all downright ignorant, apart from what goes on in their foetid brains.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next