JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
'Madeleine' tops paperback charts EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
'Madeleine' tops paperback charts EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
'Madeleine' tops paperback charts EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
'Madeleine' tops paperback charts EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
'Madeleine' tops paperback charts EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
'Madeleine' tops paperback charts EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
'Madeleine' tops paperback charts EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
'Madeleine' tops paperback charts EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
'Madeleine' tops paperback charts EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

'Madeleine' tops paperback charts

3 posters

Go down

'Madeleine' tops paperback charts Empty 'Madeleine' tops paperback charts

Post  bb1 Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:01 pm

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Book-Maddie-tops-paperback-charts/story-16386243-detail/story.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Book on Maddie tops the paperback charts
Saturday, June 16, 2012Leicester MercuryFollow
The paperback version of Kate McCann's book Madeleine has topped the charts, selling 39,000 copies since it was released five weeks ago.

Her book about the abduction and continuing search for her daughter entered the paperback non-fiction chart at number two, climbing to number one for the second and third week of sale.

It is currently fourth in the league table, surprising industry experts.

Philip Stone, charts editor at The Bookseller magazine, said: "I was quite impressed.

"It was one of those books that I thought, if you wanted to read it, you would have wanted to read it when everyone was talking about it and when it was serialised in the paper – when the hardback came out.

"I thought that might mean the paperback would struggle. Shows what I know.

"It is one of the best-selling non-fiction paperback books of the last month."

At its peak, the paperback reached 13th place in the top 50 list of all books on sale, and sits at the 33rd position in that league table.

The book was released on May 11 – a year after the hardback version became one of the fastest-selling non-fiction books since records began in 1998.

It sold about 73,000 copies in the week of its release. Only five other non-fiction books have registered stronger sales in their first week – two cookery books by Delia Smith, the autobiographies of David Beckham and Tony Blair and a book by Princess Diana's former butler, Paul Burrell.

The 496-page paperback book has been published by Corgi, and is on sale for £7.99.

All the proceeds from sales will go towards the search for Madeleine, who went missing, aged three, during a family holiday to the Portuguese resort of Praia de Luz in May 2007.

The official Find Madeline Campaign took part in The Big Tweet, run by the Missing Children charity, last month.

For a whole day, on May 25, the charity tweeted messages dedicated to each missing child in the UK – including Maddie – and via the campaign website Kate McCann encouraged Twitter users to repost the messages to their followers.

On Wednesday, the campaign's Facebook page also urged holidaymakers to print off special translated posters about Maddie, in the language of their destination country, to distribute while on holiday.

A message on the campaign website said: "Going on holiday? Please take a holiday pack to raise awareness and to keep people looking for Madeleine.

"The vital piece of information that leads to a happy and longed-for reunion is usually thanks to a caring and vigilant member of the general public, often recognising a face from a poster. It is for this reason that we must continue to remind people of Madeleine and the fact that she is still missing."

http://findmadeleine. com/home.html
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

'Madeleine' tops paperback charts Empty Re: 'Madeleine' tops paperback charts

Post  Sabot Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:25 pm

Bloody good show, and well done, Kate.

The Nasties don't like this at all. One has to wonder at their ability to go on posting shite in the face of terminal defeat.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:39 pm

Sabot, they are going to post nasty rubbish whatever happens in the real world. I realised they are a lost cause this week, when they:

1. Totally ignored (publically) the scandal engulfing their heroes in Portugal.

2. Merrily carried on pitchforking Lindy Chamberlain, in defiance of courts, Royal commissions, coroners, Aboriginal experts, everything. They even suddenly became experts on the behaviour of dingoes - If it was me I would off told it to go away.

Nothing is ever going to make the slightest bit of difference to them. They can't be reasoned with, they have no interest whatsoever in the truth, logic, science, evidence, anything.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:45 pm

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl "If it was me I would off told it to go away."
Yer, me too. Sheesh, I don't even take a bone away from my dog, and he's quite civilized.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:23 pm

Excellent, the more people buys the book the better.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down