JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
UN declared a 'Day of Universal Joy' EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
UN declared a 'Day of Universal Joy' EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
UN declared a 'Day of Universal Joy' EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
UN declared a 'Day of Universal Joy' EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
UN declared a 'Day of Universal Joy' EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
UN declared a 'Day of Universal Joy' EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
UN declared a 'Day of Universal Joy' EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
UN declared a 'Day of Universal Joy' EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
UN declared a 'Day of Universal Joy' EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

UN declared a 'Day of Universal Joy'

4 posters

Go down

UN declared a 'Day of Universal Joy' Empty UN declared a 'Day of Universal Joy'

Post  bb1 Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:29 pm

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/un-declares-day-universal-joy-223223816.html

UN declares a day of universal joy

The United Nations on Thursday declared that March 20 each year will be the International Day of Happiness -- and it wants everyone to join in the fun.
The UN General Assembly passed a resolution proclaiming the new commemoration that adds to an already packed UN calendar of international days -- from world poetry day to world migratory bird day.
"The pursuit of happiness is a fundamental human goal," said the resolution which was passed by consensus in the 193-member assembly.
The resolution calls on all member states "to observer the International Day of Happiness in an appropriate manner, including through education and public awareness activities."
Securing happiness day was part of a diplomatic campaign by the Himalayan kingdom of Bhutan which already has its own gross national happiness index.
Many governments now say that new elements, including happiness, must be included in ways of measuring prosperity which are now dominated by economic indicators.

------------------

Well, I think that that is racist and discriminatory. As a Scot, I am genetically, ethnically and culturally unable to do 'joy', never mind universal joy, unless something really important happens like Scotland beating Brazil at footie.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

UN declared a 'Day of Universal Joy' Empty Re: UN declared a 'Day of Universal Joy'

Post  Sabot Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:07 pm

ORLY? Is this Mandatory? Don't like Footie, so it would have to be me getting a hole in one at Carnoustie. Difficult since I don't actually play Golf. But I like Carnoustie.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

UN declared a 'Day of Universal Joy' Empty Re: UN declared a 'Day of Universal Joy'

Post  greenink211 Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:13 pm

If ever there was a concept which was killed stone-dead by a song it is HAPPINESS.

All together now!

Lets all learn it off by heart for next March. LOL
greenink211
greenink211
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:23 pm

greenink211 wrote:If ever there was a concept which was killed stone-dead by a song it is HAPPINESS.

All together now!

Lets all learn it off by heart for next March. LOL

Ah, such memories. 1958 if I remember correctly. But in my later day experience all of the Grain around here gets flattened when it rains.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Can you imagine how you would feel if something really, really dreadful happened to you on Universal Joy day? You would think the Universe was out to get you....

And did you know that Wednesday was one of the days Marty visited in Back to the Future?

UN declared a 'Day of Universal Joy' Back-to-the-future

Don't suppose anyone saw a modified De Lorean anywhere?

ETA, I have just read that that ^^^^^ is apparently a fake. Oh well. Pcorneater
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:50 am

I saw the De Lorean. I really, really did. And I saw the town hall clock, and the diner and and Marty McFly and even Huey Lewis - in the flesh. Pcorneater
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:05 am

My hairdresser's aunt's husband's niece says she saw it too, so it must be TROO. Pcorneater
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:12 am

And guess what? I know someone who buys Calvin Klein underwear. Cool
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down