JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Does this photo prove Nessie exists? EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Does this photo prove Nessie exists? EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Does this photo prove Nessie exists? EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Does this photo prove Nessie exists? EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Does this photo prove Nessie exists? EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Does this photo prove Nessie exists? EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Does this photo prove Nessie exists? EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Does this photo prove Nessie exists? EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Does this photo prove Nessie exists? EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Does this photo prove Nessie exists?

4 posters

Go down

Does this photo prove Nessie exists? Empty Does this photo prove Nessie exists?

Post  bb1 Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:11 pm

Does this photo prove Nessie exists? Article-2183094-145BAD17000005DC-198_634x423

Quote:

He has dedicated more than two decades of his life to the hunt for the elusive Loch Ness monster, spending 60 hours a week on the water.
And now George Edwards believes he has finally fulfilled his ambition of spotting 'Nessie'; he even photographic evidence to prove it.
Mr Edwards, who has spent 26 years on his quest, managed to capture this image of a dark hump slinking in and out of the lake's waters from the deck of his boat, Nessie Hunter, before it vanished back into the deep.
He claims the picture is the best-ever taken of the Loch Ness Monster and proves once and for all that the elusive leviathan exists - and is definitely not a sturgeon.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2183094/Skipper-claims-finally-proof-Loch-Ness-Monster-exists.html#ixzz22VYf8vaJ
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Does this photo prove Nessie exists? Empty Re: Does this photo prove Nessie exists?

Post  Sabot Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:44 pm

Look now. I believe in The Loch Ness Monster. Or whatever. I don't care what it is but I believe that there is something very large lurking. And I hope it is having a good time. It does not surprise me in the least that it doesn't particularly want us to know what it is. Would you if you were it?
Besides, Scotland is a bit peculiar. I knew that many years ago when I lived there.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Does this photo prove Nessie exists? Empty Re: Does this photo prove Nessie exists?

Post  bb1 Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:54 pm

Scotland? Peculiar? Seems perfectly normal to me - it's the rest of the world that's odd. rofl rofl rofl

Yes, I am sure there is something odd living in Loch Ness, as it says in the article:

The first recorded sighting was in 565AD and there have been thousands of eye witness reports since then.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2183094/Skipper-claims-finally-proof-Loch-Ness-Monster-exists.html#ixzz22VjDBoiS

When you have consistent reports of oddness over 1,500 years, then I think it's safe to assume there is indeed something odd going on.

My money's still on large eels, though.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:14 pm

Shocked I wonder if those might be the eel equivalent of the giant squids?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:25 pm

Something like that makes sense, Lily, yes. No, I don't think it's a plesiosaurus.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:35 pm

The giant squids live in really deep and ultra cold water? Hmmmm........
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:45 pm

I think something/s got swept into the loch at the time of the Great Flood/end of the Ice Age, Lily, and has adapted to life there.

I really don't think it's a 'monster' as such, it's just creatures which aren't normally found in lochs in this part of the world. And there are similar stories about lakes on the American continent, and in Russia - the descriptions are all too consistent for there not to be something behind it.

A similar beastie has been seen not too far away:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morag_(loch_monster)

In 1948 "a peculiar serpent-like creature about 20 ft long" was reported by nine people in a boat, in the same place as the 1887 sighting.[1]
The best known encounter, in 1969, featured two men, Duncan McDonnel and William Simpson, and their speedboat, with which they accidentally struck the creature, prompting it to hit back. McDonnel retaliated with an oar, and Simpson opened fire with his rifle, whereupon it sank slowly out of sight. They described it as being brown, 25-30 feet long, and with rough skin. It had three humps rising 18 inches (460 mm) above the loch's surface, and a head a foot wide, held 18 inches (460 mm) out of the water.[2][3]
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:01 pm

Thanks Bonny. I remember the 1969 encounter now. Wow, had forgotten that!

I think that the creatures are smart in evading humans. Wink
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:18 pm

Those two guys were too shaken NOT to have seen something out of the ordinary - especially when it retaliated....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:27 pm

bb1 wrote:Scotland? Peculiar? Seems perfectly normal to me - it's the rest of the world that's odd. rofl rofl rofl

Yes, I am sure there is something odd living in Loch Ness, as it says in the article:

The first recorded sighting was in 565AD and there have been thousands of eye witness reports since then.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2183094/Skipper-claims-finally-proof-Loch-Ness-Monster-exists.html#ixzz22VjDBoiS

When you have consistent reports of oddness over 1,500 years, then I think it's safe to assume there is indeed something odd going on.

My money's still on large eels, though.

I only know that Scotland is peculiar because i am a bit odd myself. You wouldn't pick it up if you weren't odd.
I think I lived in Scotland in another life. Or else I just get the vibes from my family being a bit odd. But I see absolutely no reason for why something weird couldn't be in that Loch.
Just leave it alone. And believe me, my entire family is much more weird than I am. I'm the sane one.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:36 pm

bb1 wrote:I think something/s got swept into the loch at the time of the Great Flood/end of the Ice Age, Lily, and has adapted to life there.

I really don't think it's a 'monster' as such, it's just creatures which aren't normally found in lochs in this part of the world. And there are similar stories about lakes on the American continent, and in Russia - the descriptions are all too consistent for there not to be something behind it.

A similar beastie has been seen not too far away:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morag_(loch_monster)

In 1948 "a peculiar serpent-like creature about 20 ft long" was reported by nine people in a boat, in the same place as the 1887 sighting.[1]
The best known encounter, in 1969, featured two men, Duncan McDonnel and William Simpson, and their speedboat, with which they accidentally struck the creature, prompting it to hit back. McDonnel retaliated with an oar, and Simpson opened fire with his rifle, whereupon it sank slowly out of sight. They described it as being brown, 25-30 feet long, and with rough skin. It had three humps rising 18 inches (460 mm) above the loch's surface, and a head a foot wide, held 18 inches (460 mm) out of the water.[2][3]

OMG. McDonnel? That's my Clan. I knew it. It's Uncle Charlie. He went missing a fair while ago. No, really, I am part of The Clan McDonnel. It's all on Google.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:42 pm

I watched a documentary earlier about these:

Does this photo prove Nessie exists? Tumblr_m8d0ewd6x71qk97nbo2_500

It's not an eel, it's something called an Oarfish. They can be up to about 60 feet long, and are rarely seen unless they are dead or dying.

They turn up all over the world, especially in areas with 'monster' legends.

I reckon Nessie is a cousin of these, as they are sometimes found washed ashore in Scandinavia.

Stylized image:

Does this photo prove Nessie exists? G-535
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:49 pm

Here's a rare photo of a live one:

Does this photo prove Nessie exists? Oarfish1

Apparently, they have the bizarre ability to swim vertically. So, if you were quietly fishing, or whatever, and one of those stuck its head out of the water, you would be forgiven for thinking it was a sea monster.

They are very partial to herring, it seems.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:51 pm

http://ferrebeekeeper.wordpress.com/2010/08/16/the-oarfish/

Oarfish are solitary animals which live deep in the pelagic zone of the ocean (the pelagic zone is the part of the ocean which is neither close to the shore nor to the bottom). They swim through the great open waters of the oceans frequenting depths of about 200 meters–although they lack a swim bladder and may sometimes swim much deeper into the abyssal portions of the ocean. Like many other ocean giants, oarfish are filter feeders and subsist on zooplankton, tiny crustaceans, and the occasional jellyfish, or squid. Because their regular habitat is so remote for humans, oarfish are seldom seen at all (and those that do get spotted are usually sick, dying, or dead). In days before the internet, their rarity provided fodder for tragicomic tales of yokels mistaking them for sea serpents. Oarfish are covered with irregular blue and black squiggles which fade when they die, as does their silver iridescence. In addition to their great length, oarfish are notable for their beautiful red and pink dorsal fins. The first few rays of these fins are very long and give the fish the appearance of wearing a crown (hence the family name Regalecidae—the regal ones). Oarfish obtained their common name from the mistaken belief that they “rowed” through the water using their elongated pelvic fins. The fish actually move by undulating body-length dorsal fins. Six species of oarfish are known to science, although the creatures are so rarely encountered that undiscovered species or genera may exist.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:26 pm

Wow, how interesting. That would certainly solve a few riddles.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:31 pm

Yes, there could easily be a family, shoal, or whatever of those in Loch Ness, which would explain their apparent longevity, Lily.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:54 am

Regarding the Loch Ness Monster, my younger son, at present in the UK, has just sent me a dvd of a film 'The Water Horse - Legend of the Deep' made in 2007. It is set in Scotland in 1942 and is the story of .... well, I'll no spoil it for ye! It stars the wonderful Brian Cox and was filmed in Queensland, N Zealand which bears a distinct resemblance to Scotland (too many tourists and car parks at Loch Ness) and also in the Fair land itself (for the puir wee sassenachs/furriners amongst ye, that is Scotland!!) as a real Scottish castle/manor was required. I haven't had time to see the actual film but have watched the extras which are very good, LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down