JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
WILL THIS GUN SLAUGHTER EVER STOP? EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
WILL THIS GUN SLAUGHTER EVER STOP? EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
WILL THIS GUN SLAUGHTER EVER STOP? EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
WILL THIS GUN SLAUGHTER EVER STOP? EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
WILL THIS GUN SLAUGHTER EVER STOP? EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
WILL THIS GUN SLAUGHTER EVER STOP? EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
WILL THIS GUN SLAUGHTER EVER STOP? EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
WILL THIS GUN SLAUGHTER EVER STOP? EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
WILL THIS GUN SLAUGHTER EVER STOP? EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

WILL THIS GUN SLAUGHTER EVER STOP?

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WILL THIS GUN SLAUGHTER EVER STOP? Empty WILL THIS GUN SLAUGHTER EVER STOP?

Post  Lamplighter Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:22 pm

Police dispatcher: Shooting at Sikh temple in Wisconsin.
Updated 12:08 p.m., Sunday, August 5, 2012

OAK CREEK, Wis. (AP) — A police dispatcher in Wisconsin says there has been a shooting at a Sikh temple outside of Milwaukee.

Oak Creek Police Department dispatcher Stephanie Uljanec says the shooting took place Sunday morning at the Sikh Temple of Wisconsin but she doesn't know how many people are shot or if there are fatalities.

Oak Creek is south of Milwaukee along Lake Michigan.

Fran McLaughlin, spokeswoman for the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Department, says a call came in at 10:26 a.m. She says officers are at the scene but she has no other information to report.

Last edited by bb1 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : subtitle added for clarity)
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

WILL THIS GUN SLAUGHTER EVER STOP? Empty Re: WILL THIS GUN SLAUGHTER EVER STOP?

Post  Lamplighter Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:24 pm

BREAKING: Shooting at Sikh Temple in Oak Creek, Wis.

By Natalie DiBlasio, USA TODAY
Updated 4m ago
Several people have been injured in a shooting incident at a Sikh temple in Oak Creek, Wis., just south of Milwaukee, the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports.

Update at 1:13 ET: Two shooters are possibly still inside with children as hostages, according to someone who sent a text message to a Journal Sentinel reporter, the Journal-Sentinel reports.

CNN is reporting that the shooter is at large.

Update at 1:07 ET: Reports of 20 to 30 shot at Sikh Temple in Wisconsin, possible hostages, the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports.

There are reports that the head priest was locked inside a restroom with a cell phone and said there were as many as 30 victims in temple.

As of about noon, the Milwaukee County Medical Examiner's Office said it had not been called to the scene.

Meanwhile, Brookfield police officers were dispatched to the Sikh Temple at 3675 N. Calhoun Road as a precaution in the aftermath of the Oak Creek shooting.

At least three squads were at the temple in Waukesha County.

About 50 people were at the Brookfield temple for a morning service and many of them went outside after they learned of the shooting in Oak Creek.

Original post: The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinelis reporting that multiple people, an undetermined number between 8 and 20, have been injured in a shooting incident at a Sikh temple in Oak Creek, Wis., just south of Milwaukee.

The shooting took place around 11 a.m. local time at the Sikh Temple, 7512 S. Howell Ave., in Oak Creek.

Oak Creek police, the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Department and other law enforcement agencies have responded.
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:33 pm

Not another one! And I am none too sure it is entirely to do with the availability of guns in the States:

http://news.sky.com/story/969069/shotgun-attack-four-teenagers-in-hospital

Shotgun Attack: Four Teenagers In Hospital

Four teenagers are recovering in hospital after being shot in Merseyside on Saturday night.

Three 17-year-olds and a 15-year-old were injured in the same attack, which happened in Akenside Street, Bootle, at about 11.30pm.

Police have called the shooting "disgraceful", and say it is possible it may have been targeted.

Emergency services were called after reports that a 17-year-old youth had been shot, police said.

A short time later a 15-year-old youth and two 17-year-old youths sought medical attention for shotgun injuries believed to have happened in the same incident.

Their injuries are not thought to be life threatening.

It keeps happening here, too, and we have some of the strictest controls in the world.

And if it isn't guns, it's knives.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:39 pm

There is a possibility that the Sikh temple attack may be race-hate based. 2 shooters in temple, one may have been caught/shot outside. People are hiding from the gunmen, some of them have mobiles and ate managing to get info out to police and their relatives. If you can tune into CNN there's ongoing coverage on there. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:47 pm

That's awful, Bonny.

I was about to say that if they didn't use guns, then they would find something else. That something else could be much worse too.

Many criminals in the US are armed to the back teeth and police times may be slow, depending on where you live, you could be dead before the cops come to rescue you.

What sounds better - an armed criminal who has killed someone who was defenceless or the victim with a fighting chance at life?

Plus, something to think about. That Batman shooter, if there had been someone in that cinema who was carrying a concealed weapon, then the whole thing may have been over before it really got going........

Just sayin.......
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:53 pm

I know, Lily, it isn't as black and white as it is painted. Indeed, it is a great pity that none of the adults at the Norwegian youth camp had had a gun along in case they did a bit of hunting.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:58 pm

The problem is no-one expects it. The Norwegians have a very low rate of gun crime and the kids were just that, kids at a weekend camp. And the Batman shooter was dressed from head to foot in body armour, which would make it very difficult to get a disabling shot at him. Who expects shootings at a camp or in the cinema? LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:00 pm

Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:10 pm

You don't expect it, LL. That's something the coward shooters are relying on.

What I find annoying is that after these horrendous tragedies happen, groups of people start trying to take weapons away from regular licensed folk. All the while ignoring the criminals getting massive illegal stashes with the full intention of killing others.

It's always aimed at the wrong guys.......

lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:50 pm

Latest, 7 dead including gunman. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:14 pm

What can you say? Murdering people in a temple is about as low as it goes.

At least the cowardly sh*t is dead, so we won't have to suffer this one playing to the gallery on TV.

A police officer seems to have done the world a favour:

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/08/05/us/wisconsin-temple-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

(CNN) -- At least seven people, including a gunman shot by a police officer, have been killed in an attack on worshippers at a Sikh temple in the Milwaukee suburb of Oak Creek, Wisconsin, on Sunday, police said.
The officer was wounded but "returned fire, and that shooter was put down," said Bradley Wentlandt, the police chief in nearby Greenfield, who briefed reporters. Investigators who picked through the building afterward found four bodies inside the temple and two other victims outside, plus the gunman, Wentlandt said.
Though early reports had suggested there may have been more than one attacker, he said officers had not identified any other gunmen.
The wounded officer, a 20-year veteran, was in surgery Sunday afternoon after being shot multiple times, but was expected to survive, Wentlandt said. He was sent to the Sikh Temple of Wisconsin in Oak Creek, south of Milwaukee, after a 911 call about 10:25 a.m. (11:25 a.m. ET).

I hope he makes a full and rapid recovery - and gets every medal going.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:23 pm

I hope he gets medals too, Bonny. What a guy.....
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:22 pm

Detailed report here:

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/reports-of-people-shot-at-sikh-temple-in-oak-creek-qc6cgc0-165059506.html

WILL THIS GUN SLAUGHTER EVER STOP? 28691249-ap_aptopix_sikh_temple_shooting

A family member prays in a parking lot while waiting to hear information about his loved ones inside the Sikh Temple on S. Howell Avenue where a shooting occurred, Sunday.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:42 am

http://news.sky.com/story/969190/seven-dead-in-shooting-at-us-sikh-temple

Seven Dead In Shooting At US Sikh Temple
Police in Wisconsin say they are treating the incident as "domestic terrorism", as President Barack Obama expresses his sorrow.

Guess who thinks she knows better than the police?

PAT BROWN ‏@ProfilerPatB
Mass murderers hate everyone. Picking a group to kill does not make you a terrorist. #templeshooting
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
1h PAT BROWN ‏@ProfilerPatB
Sikh temple attacked in India; likely terrorist. Sikh temple attacked by white guy in US; likely mass murder. #templeshooting
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
1h PAT BROWN ‏@ProfilerPatB
White guy kills whites, mass murder; white guy kills nonwhites, terrorism? No. Terrorism is a group planned political attack

--------

Couldn't she, just for once, keep her damned mouth SHUT?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:32 am

I have three words for the unprofessional Pat Brown, Doctor Keith Ablow.

He had her pegged right. Funny how Fox replaced her that day with Candice Delong -with emphasis on the "FBI Profiler" in her introduction. Pcorneater

ETA: This is in relation to the tragic Aurora, Colorado shooting.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:27 am

Lily, you are a gem beyond price. hug hug I found the segment where he trashes brown:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1745983966001/what-motivates-a-killer

It's about 4 minutes into the video. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:52 am

She doesn't know what she is talking about. Besides, what difference does it make? Mass Murder is Mass Murder whatever the supposed motivation. They want to kill people, and they will always justify their actions. No one is really interested in her ideas on the subject. She just has to poke her nose in. Has she got any ideas about how to stop it?

People who want guns will always get guns, licenced or otherwise, and that includes Britain. I could easily get a gun if I wanted one.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:59 am

I wish Brown would just keep her ignorant, callous, mouth SHUT. Not once have I seen her express the slightest sympathy for the victims of these scumbags.

Nope, she's right in there, mouthing off, trying to trivialise whatever atrocity has occurred.

It is currently looking like the thankfully-dead gunman is a White Supremacist, like Breivik and McVeigh, which makes him a terrorist in any sane person's book.

Or does she think white men can't be terrorists, or something?

No, can't be that, because she thinks Al Quaeda supporters can't be terrorists, either.

I really, really hope her recent utterances have pushed Americans too far, and that she is sinking back into well-deserved obscurity.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:55 pm

What is a Terrorist? Does he or she kill people? Is their motivation any different form some supposedly disenfranchised ordinary person? What is Religion? Is it only their idea of a God that makes them want to kill? Who is their God?
They are all mad as far as I can see.

My life has been far from perfect some of the time, but I don't have a desire to kill anyone.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:23 pm

Sources name alleged gunman in Wisconsin temple shooting
By the CNN Wire Staff
August 6, 2012 -- Updated 1218 GMT (2018 HKT)

Oak Creek, Wisconsin (CNN) -- The man who shot six people to death and wounded three others during a rampage at a Sikh temple in a Milwaukee suburb was an Army veteran who may have been a white supremacist, according to a law enforcement source involved in the investigation.
Law enforcement sources familiar with the investigation named him Monday as Wade Michael Page, 40. One law enforcement official said he owned the gun used in the shooting legally.
He had apparently served on active duty, a U.S. official familiar with his record said. The source declined to give further details.
The officials asked not to be named because they are not authorized to speak on the record about the shooting investigation.
Relatives of Satwant Kaleka, the president of the temple in Oak Creek, Wisconsin, said Monday that he was killed fighting the attacker.
"From what we understand, he basically fought to the very end and suffered gunshot wounds while trying to take down the gunman," said Kanwardeep Singh Kaleka, his nephew.
"He was a protector of his own people, just an incredible individual who showed his love and passion for our people, our faith, to the end," he said, near tears.
"He was definitely one of the most dedicated individuals I have ever seen, one of the happiest people in the world."
Earlier, the FBI said that it had not determined a motive for the Sunday morning shooting and that investigators were looking into whether the attack might be classified as domestic terrorism.
Kaleka, a member of the temple, said those inside the gurdwara, or Sikh house of worship, described the attacker as a bald white man, dressed in a white T-shirt and black pants and with a 9/11 tattoo on one arm -- which "implies to me that there's some level of hate crime there."
Tom Ahern, a spokesman for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, said the gunman had a military background but would not elaborate. He also would not elaborate on the man's tattoos.
Because of their customary beards and turbans, Sikh men are often confused with Muslims, and they have been the targets of hate crimes since the September 11, 2001, attacks on New York and Washington.
While officials try to piece together what prompted the man to go on his shooting spree shortly before the main Sunday morning service, America's Sikh community struggled to come to grips Monday with the brutal attack.
"It's probably somebody not in their right mind," Justice Singh Khalsa, a temple member since the 1990s, said late Sunday. "It's possibly a hate crime, somebody not understanding the religion."
The victims ranged in age from their late 20s to about 70, said Khalsa, who helped translate witness accounts for authorities.
One of the dead was a priest named Prakash Singh, who recently immigrated to the United States with his wife and two young children, Khalsa said.
Authorities have not formally released the names of the deceased.
The three people who were wounded remained in critical condition early Monday morning at Milwaukee's Froedtert Hospital. One had been shot in the abdomen and chest, another in the face, and the third in the neck, the hospital said.
Meanwhile in India, the birthplace of Sikhism, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said he was "shocked and saddened" by the shooting.
"That this senseless act of violence should be targeted at a place of religious worship is particularly painful," Singh, himself a Sikh, said Monday. "India stands in solidarity with all the peace-loving Americans who have condemned this violence."
The country's main Sikh political party, the Shiromani Akali Dal, held a demonstration in New Delhi's embassy district Monday to protest.
"Stop racial attacks on Sikhs," read one of the placards.
In an act of solidarity, U.S. Ambassador Nancy Powell visited a historic Sikh shrine in New Delhi, embassy spokesman Unni Menon said.
Sunday's attack occurred about 10:30 a.m., when temple members were reading scriptures and cooking food in preparation for the main Sunday service and community lunch. The temple has more than 350 members.
According to witnesses, the gunman started shooting in the parking lot, killing at least one person. He then entered the temple and continued firing, they said.
Women who were in the kitchen preparing meals for the congregants "were fortunate enough to basically duck down and dodge" the bullets, said Kanwardeep Singh Kaleka, the temple member.
Some ran to safety outside, others sought refuge in the temple's basement, while many huddled together tightly in the pantry.
The gunman shot and wounded the first officer to respond to the scene, Oak Creek Police Chief John Edwards said. A second officer returned fire, killing the shooter and bringing an end to the bloodshed, according to the chief.
A 9 mm semiautomatic pistol believed to have been used by the gunman was found at the scene, a law enforcement source with direct knowledge of the investigation said.
It took several more hours for authorities to thoroughly sweep the building and the surrounding area, checking for clues and signs of additional gunmen, as some witnesses had suspected.
Police spent Sunday night searching the shooter's home in nearby Cudahy, a short distance from the temple.
April Reyna, who lives around the corner from the shooter's house, said she had said hello to him on one or two occasions and that he seemed pleasant and quiet.
National and state political leaders, including Gov. Scott Walker, also offered condolences after the killings, which came two weeks after a massacre at a Colorado movie theater that left 12 dead and dozens more wounded.
Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney called the slayings "a senseless act of violence and a tragedy that should never befall any house of worship."
Romney: A 'senseless act of violence'
And from the White House, President Barack Obama said the United States had been "enriched" by Sikhs, "who are a part of our broader American family."
Obama: Shooting a 'tragedy'
"My administration will provide whatever support is necessary to the officials who are responding to this tragic shooting and moving forward with an investigation," he said.
The Sikh religion originated in northern India around 1500 and has about 25 million followers.
The United States is home to about 700,000 Sikhs, nearly all of Indian origin. The men are easily identifiable by their beards and turbans, a tradition that's lasted for 500 years.
But the attire and appearance have also meant that they are often mistaken for Muslims and are targets of anti-Islamic attacks from those who seek to avenge the September 11 attacks.
The first person murdered in retaliation for the 9/11 attacks was a Sikh -- Balbir Singh Sodhi, a gas station owner in Mesa, Arizona. He was shot five times by aircraft mechanic Frank Roque on September 15, 2001.
In the intervening years, the Sikh Coalition, a New York-based advocacy group, reported more than 700 attacks or bias-related incidents.
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:15 pm

Any discussion is all a bit pointless in so far as I can see.. So anything that the likes of Pat Brown have to say is irrelevant. He killed people, and why doesn't really matter. But I do think that someone needs to shut the mouth of the likes of Pat Brown.
You know, I wouldn't mind too much if she had something sensible to say about how to stop this. But she doesn't.
One of these days I am going to get my act together, and describe in words of one syllable exactly what I think of this disgusting woman.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:54 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/969190/sikh-shootings-gunman-served-in-us-army

A man suspected of killing six people in an attack on a Sikh place of worship near Milwaukee was a former US Army "psychological operations specialist", the Pentagon has said.

He has been named in the US media as Wade Michael Page, 40, who served between April 1992 and October 1998, ending his career at Fort Bragg, North Carolina.

Page legally owned the gun that was thought to have been used in the shootings, according to reports.

A gunman opened fire before being shot dead by police.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:33 pm

Lamplighter wrote:Lily, you are a gem beyond price. hug hug I found the segment where he trashes brown:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1745983966001/what-motivates-a-killer

It's about 4 minutes into the video. LL

Thanks you LL. hug
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:58 pm

People kill people. They all have a reason for doing so in their own twisted heads. Something is wrong with them. But I have never supposed that it was Allah or God, or even that Allah and God are two different Beings. Presuming that either of them even exists.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:37 pm

It seems the shooter was dismissed from the army for some kind of misconduct. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next