JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Was Essex 'Lion' A Pet Cat Called Teddy Bear? EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Was Essex 'Lion' A Pet Cat Called Teddy Bear? EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Was Essex 'Lion' A Pet Cat Called Teddy Bear? EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Was Essex 'Lion' A Pet Cat Called Teddy Bear? EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Was Essex 'Lion' A Pet Cat Called Teddy Bear? EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Was Essex 'Lion' A Pet Cat Called Teddy Bear? EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Was Essex 'Lion' A Pet Cat Called Teddy Bear? EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Was Essex 'Lion' A Pet Cat Called Teddy Bear? EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Was Essex 'Lion' A Pet Cat Called Teddy Bear? EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Was Essex 'Lion' A Pet Cat Called Teddy Bear?

5 posters

Go down

Was Essex 'Lion' A Pet Cat Called Teddy Bear? Empty Was Essex 'Lion' A Pet Cat Called Teddy Bear?

Post  Pedro Silva Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:34 pm

Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Was Essex 'Lion' A Pet Cat Called Teddy Bear? Empty Re: Was Essex 'Lion' A Pet Cat Called Teddy Bear?

Post  bb1 Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:42 pm

Was Essex 'Lion' A Pet Cat Called Teddy Bear? Cat-mistaken-for-lion-edit-2-close-up-1-522x293

It's hard to get an idea of the size, but it does look rather like a large, overfed, plain, ordinary cat....

ETA:

In the frame is the innocuous-sounding Teddy Bear, a sandy-coloured three-year-old Maine Coon. He often stalks the field where the "lion" was spotted, and has regularly been mistaken for a fox, says his owner Ginny Murphy.

I think that's what it is, LL is our cat expert.....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Was Essex 'Lion' A Pet Cat Called Teddy Bear? Empty Re: Was Essex 'Lion' A Pet Cat Called Teddy Bear?

Post  lily Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:45 pm

I thought so too, Bonny. What a cutie. biggrin

When it was first reported I thought that it had to be a large cat, and not of the leonine variety.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:48 pm

Well, if it had even been one of the big black ones which do seem to be roaming around....but a lion was a bit OTT.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:04 pm

It was the people stating that they heard a loud roar that got me, Bonny. rofl rofl
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:10 pm

I personally know a certain ginger Maine Coon who is as big as a good sized dog. These pics are of the largest M-Coon in 2006. For further details on how big Leo is: http://www.verismocat.com/htmscripts/leo-guinness.htm LL

Was Essex 'Lion' A Pet Cat Called Teddy Bear? Atdoor_t

Was Essex 'Lion' A Pet Cat Called Teddy Bear? Flowers_t
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:22 pm

Was Essex 'Lion' A Pet Cat Called Teddy Bear? Article-0-14B6B9F3000005DC-132_634x384

Lion-like: Teddy Bear the Maine Coon cat may be the 'Essex Lion', or so his owner believes

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2194481/Essex-lion-Is-Teddy-giant-tom-cat-REALLY-mystery-predator.html#ixzz24rXKB618

Yes, LL, I think Teddy Bear is the 'Essex lion'.......
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:24 pm

What a cutie he is, LL. Bonny, for sure he is.

Someone was not looking properly in the first place when they insisted they saw a lion. What a waste of time and expense.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:28 pm

I have a better theory, Lily. Someone had been at a BBQ all day and someone's faculties weren't working any too well....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:31 pm

lily wrote:What a cutie he is, LL. Bonny, for sure he is.

Someone was not looking properly in the first place when they insisted they saw a lion. What a waste of time and expense.
Mine is very large and even goes walkies on a lead. He does look huge but he is probably the most gentle cat you could ever meet, like most M-Coons. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:36 pm

His wife was less sure it was a lion, but she never mentioned her doubts to the police. "It was lying in the grass, rolling and sitting up and looking at us," she said. "I thought it was more sphinx-like than a lion."

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

She does know sphinxes aren't real?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:51 pm

bb1 wrote:
His wife was less sure it was a lion, but she never mentioned her doubts to the police. "It was lying in the grass, rolling and sitting up and looking at us," she said. "I thought it was more sphinx-like than a lion."

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

She does know sphinxes aren't real?
Maybe she was trying to be clever? There are 'sphinx' cats but they are hairless and could no way be taken for a 'lion'. LL Hahau
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:53 pm

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  MsMarbles Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:58 pm

I live in Essex, and I feel so relieved that I can now take day trips to Clacton in safety biggrin Funny thing is that I was on my way to Clacton last week, but changed my mind and went to Southend as it was the nearer of the two, so saved time travelwise.
MsMarbles
MsMarbles
Wise Owl
Wise Owl

Back to top Go down

Post  MsMarbles Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:01 pm

lily wrote:It was the people stating that they heard a loud roar that got me, Bonny. rofl rofl

rofl rofl
MsMarbles
MsMarbles
Wise Owl
Wise Owl

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:03 pm

MsMarbles wrote:
lily wrote:It was the people stating that they heard a loud roar that got me, Bonny. rofl rofl

rofl rofl
Well my cat growls quite loudly - Maines don't purr - but that's never a roar! LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:36 pm

Yer, well, LL. You must try harder to teach it. rofl rofl rofl rofl

Shocked MsM. Glad you no longer have to fear the roar of a cat now. biggrin hug
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:52 pm

Oh, here's another one:

After the Essex lion, now the Gloucester big cat: Furry black figure caught on camera roaming the countryside

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2194813/After-Essex-lion-Gloucester-big-cat-Furry-black-figure-caught-camera-roaming-countryside.html#ixzz24t7TtBV2

Was Essex 'Lion' A Pet Cat Called Teddy Bear? Article-2194813-14B88DE3000005DC-550_634x421

This picture taken in February has just come to light and shows a furry black figure sprinting through woodland near Nailsworth, Gloucestershire

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:27 am

Ho Hum..... Pcorneater
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:24 pm

Was Essex 'Lion' A Pet Cat Called Teddy Bear? Article-2196348-14C4ADCA000005DC-692_306x249

rofl rofl rofl rofl

Like this, too:

Was Essex 'Lion' A Pet Cat Called Teddy Bear? Article-2196348-14B5D882000005DC-313_634x517
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:25 pm

Yes, Bonny. rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:27 pm

Was Essex 'Lion' A Pet Cat Called Teddy Bear? Article-2196348-14B5D88E000005DC-85_634x415

Bouffant hair-do: What the Essex lion might look like

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:29 pm

rofl rofl rofl

Was Essex 'Lion' A Pet Cat Called Teddy Bear? Article-2196348-14B5D893000005DC-55_634x458
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:30 pm

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down