JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Teen Charged Over Website Hacking Attack  EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Teen Charged Over Website Hacking Attack  EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Teen Charged Over Website Hacking Attack  EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Teen Charged Over Website Hacking Attack  EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Teen Charged Over Website Hacking Attack  EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Teen Charged Over Website Hacking Attack  EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Teen Charged Over Website Hacking Attack  EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Teen Charged Over Website Hacking Attack  EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Teen Charged Over Website Hacking Attack  EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Teen Charged Over Website Hacking Attack

5 posters

Go down

Teen Charged Over Website Hacking Attack  Empty Teen Charged Over Website Hacking Attack

Post  Maggs Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:53 pm

Breaking News8:36pm UK, Sunday July 31, 2011

Teen Charged Over Website Hacking Attack

An 18-year-old has been charged in connection with the hacking of the Serious Organised Crime Agency's (Soca) website. Jake Davis was arrested on the Shetland Islands as part of an investigation into the global hacking groups LulzSec and Anonymous.

The teenager, who is alleged to use the online nickname 'Topiary', will appear at City of Westminster Magistrates Court on Monday.

Davis has been charged with five offences, including unauthorised access to a computer system.

He is also accused of being part of a plot to carry out a distributed denial of service attack (DDoS) on Soca's website.

DDoS attacks involve flooding websites with traffic to make them crash.

Davis' arrest was linked to an ongoing investigation into hacking and DDoS attacks against international companies and intelligence agencies.

Scotland Yard also claims the alleged hacker presents himself as a spokesman for LulzSec and Anonymous.

LulzSec has previously claimed responsibility for attacks on Soca's website, the US Senate, the CIA and The Sun newspaper.

Ryan Cleary, 19, of Wickford, Essex, was charged last month with five offences under the Criminal Law and Computer Misuse Acts.

He is also accused of being part of the hacking attack against Soca's website.

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16040940
Maggs
Maggs
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Teen Charged Over Website Hacking Attack  Empty Re: Teen Charged Over Website Hacking Attack

Post  bb1 Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:13 pm

There's stupid - and then there is hacking SOCA's site from the Shetland Isles rofl rofl rofl
How hard did he think he would be to find rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Teen Charged Over Website Hacking Attack  Empty Re: Teen Charged Over Website Hacking Attack

Post  muratfan Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:40 pm

Just look for the only person with electric on the Island.
muratfan
muratfan
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:09 am

muratfan wrote:Just look for the only person with electric on the Island.
Every house on the Shetlands, like on the Orkneys, has electricity, mf, if not on the national grid then by generator. It's quite modern up there you know! LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:23 am

Lamplighter wrote:
Every house on the Shetlands, like on the Orkneys, has electricity, mf, if not on the national grid then by generator. It's quite modern up there you know! LL

But have they all got Broad Band?
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:36 am

Sabot wrote:
Lamplighter wrote:

Can't answer that one, I'm afraid. But if Sky can be received on the Islands, then I would think yes. Just checked, it seems they do have broadband, and their status on the info grid which gives best and worse areas in the UK is rated higher than Cumbria! Not much of a boost, as such, but I would expect there is some broadband access especially in the capital. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:50 am

Lamplighter wrote:
Sabot wrote:
Lamplighter wrote:

Can't answer that one, I'm afraid. But if Sky can be received on the Islands, then I would think yes. Just checked, it seems they do have broadband, and their status on the info grid which gives best and worse areas in the UK is rated higher than Cumbria! Not much of a boost, as such, but I would expect there is some broadband access especially in the capital. LL

It's got a Capital? Oh My. Perhaps I won't move there after all.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:05 am

Lerwick is the capital and main port of the Shetland Islands, Scotland, located more than 100 miles (160 km) off the north coast of mainland Great Britain on the east coast of the Shetland Mainland. Lerwick is about 210 miles (340 km) north of Aberdeen, 230 miles (370 km) west of Bergen in Norway and 230 miles (370 km) south east of Tórshavn in the Faroe Islands.

Lerwick, Shetland's only burgh, had a population of about 7,500 residents in 2010 and is the most northerly and most easterly town in Scotland (there are other large settlements more northerly in Shetland, most notable the village of Brae). One of the UK's coastal weather stations is located at Lerwick.

More of a large town. I have been there but many years ago, remember it as pleasant if a bit chilly!! LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:14 am

Lamplighter wrote:
Lerwick is the capital and main port of the Shetland Islands, Scotland, located more than 100 miles (160 km) off the north coast of mainland Great Britain on the east coast of the Shetland Mainland. Lerwick is about 210 miles (340 km) north of Aberdeen, 230 miles (370 km) west of Bergen in Norway and 230 miles (370 km) south east of Tórshavn in the Faroe Islands.

Lerwick, Shetland's only burgh, had a population of about 7,500 residents in 2010 and is the most northerly and most easterly town in Scotland (there are other large settlements more northerly in Shetland, most notable the village of Brae). One of the UK's coastal weather stations is located at Lerwick.

More of a large town. I have been there but many years ago, remember it as pleasant if a bit chilly!! LL

I'm surprised it hasn't been commandeered by Norway. The Norwegians probably migrated because it was a bit warmer.

I once spent a Winter Sojourn at R.N.A.S. Lossiemouth, and I have to tell you it was bloody chilly by comparison to Glasgow.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:36 am

I'm surprised it hasn't been commandeered by Norway. The Norwegians probably migrated because it was a bit warmer.
For what? It was colonised by the Vikings. The Islands were Viking for over 600 years before the Scots took over, and as most Islanders will tell you the Scots have been in charge a shorter time than that! My dad's ancestors came form Norway and I have a Norwegian first name and surname, but the family has been on Orkney since the 1700s. They have an annual ceremony in Shetland, 'Upp Helly Aa', a fire festival where people get drunk and eat copious amounts of food, and continue to celebrate although it is held on the last Tuesday of January, and it is bitterly cold. The Orkneys were annexed by Scotland in 1472 after the Danes failed to pay the full marriage dowry of Margaret of Denmark to the Scots King, James III. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:48 am

Lamplighter wrote:
For what? It was colonised by the Vikings. The Islands were Viking for over 600 years before the Scots took over, and as most Islanders will tell you the Scots have been in charge a shorter time than that! My dad's ancestors came form Norway and I have a Norwegian first name and surname, but the family has been on Orkney since the 1700s. They have an annual ceremony in Shetland, 'Upp Helly Aa', a fire festival where people get drunk and eat copious amounts of food, and continue to celebrate although it is held on the last Tuesday of January, and it is bitterly cold. The Orkneys were annexed by Scotland in 1472 after the Danes failed to pay the full marriage dowry of Margaret of Denmark to the Scots King, James III. LL

I get the bit about The Vikings, I was just being facetious. But where did Denmark come into this, and why did The Vikings give it up in the first place?
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:24 am

The Shetlands and the Orkneys are usually lumped together. Both are part of Scotland. The Vikings became the Norwegians and the Danes. The two sets of islands, both individualistic, went their separate ways, The Danes over-ran the Orkneys which is how James III was able to annex them. The Shetlands were ceded to Scotland in 1470. Both sets of islands have Scandinavian backgrounds, as can be seen in the surnames and also many of the small villages with definite Norse names. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down