JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Charity Launches Online Troll-Hunter Service EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Charity Launches Online Troll-Hunter Service EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Charity Launches Online Troll-Hunter Service EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Charity Launches Online Troll-Hunter Service EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Charity Launches Online Troll-Hunter Service EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Charity Launches Online Troll-Hunter Service EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Charity Launches Online Troll-Hunter Service EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Charity Launches Online Troll-Hunter Service EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Charity Launches Online Troll-Hunter Service EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Charity Launches Online Troll-Hunter Service

4 posters

Go down

Charity Launches Online Troll-Hunter Service Empty Charity Launches Online Troll-Hunter Service

Post  Lamplighter Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:22 am

Charity Launches Online Troll-Hunter Service
By Becky Johnson, Sky Reporter | Sky News – 41 minutes ago

The UK's first cyber-bullying charity is offering victims a free "troll hunting" service. The Cybersmile Foundation will work with a team of covert investigators to track down and expose online bullies.
The service will be helped by a team of global forensic analysts. When trolls are identified the charity will contact internet service providers, social network corporations and web hosting companies.
It has been set up by Scott Freeman whose 13-year-old daughter Poppy was targeted by internet bullies. He said: "With the team of experts we have put together from around the world, and the determination I have to make a difference, the war is on.
"Up until now it has been easy for these Trolls to hide behind their computer screens; but not any more. They are being found and exposed.
"The distress and anguish which they cause are not cyber feelings - they are very real".
Poppy was 11-years-old when the bullying began after an argument with friends at her school in Brighton. She told Sky News it escalated until she was receiving abuse and death threats on a daily basis on her Facebook page, Twitter account and online chat forums.
She says many of the comments were coming from people she did not know.
She described one message which read: "If you don't kill yourself we'll do it for you". She told Sky News she considered suicide.
"I got to a low that was so low I didn't even know I could come back from it. And I just thought I can't cope - I've got to harm myself - I've got to cause the physical pain that I'm feeling inside.
"So I was sitting in my room with a knife and I barricaded myself in there. But fortunately my mum was able to get the door open before I had done something."
Poppy's parents say her school and the police were not prepared to get involved. In the end they moved away from Brighton to get away from the abuse. Poppy was home-schooled but is now looking forward to starting at a new school in Cheshire.
The Cybersmile Foundation says one in three children in the UK suffer cyberbulling. Celebrities are also targeted by trolls.
Olympic diver Tom Daley was accused on Twitter of letting down his late father by not winning the gold medal at London 2012. Singer Gary Barlow faced online abuse as he grieved for his stillborn daughter.
A Home Office spokesperson said: "What is illegal offline is illegal online. People should not be able to use social media to post anonymous, abusive or threatening comments without facing any consequences.
"We have robust legislation in place to deal with internet trolls, cyber-stalking and harassment but we recognise that having these laws is not enough on its own.
"That is why we are working with the Crown Prosecution Service and the police to improve guidance and training for police and prosecutors.
"Prevention is also key and the government is working with industry, academia, charities and parenting groups to develop tools to combat misuse of social networking sites."
A spokesperson for Facebook told Sky News: "We are absolutely clear there is no place for trolling on Facebook.
"It's against Facebook's rules to intimidate or harass others, and we provide everyone with the tools to report such content via specific links across every page of our site.
"When abuse is reported to us, we react swiftly and we will disable accounts that are found to be in breach of our terms.
"We strongly encourage people using Facebook to use our tools whenever needed and to report objectionable content so we can investigate reports and take action."
Now there's someone taking action at long last. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Charity Launches Online Troll-Hunter Service Empty Re: Charity Launches Online Troll-Hunter Service

Post  bb1 Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:11 am

Here's hoping something is finally done about those bottomfeeders, LL
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Charity Launches Online Troll-Hunter Service Empty Re: Charity Launches Online Troll-Hunter Service

Post  Lamplighter Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:20 am

bb1 wrote:Here's hoping something is finally done about those bottomfeeders, LL
One can but live in hope, I suppose. There was a segment this morning on BBC World News 'Click' program where the subject of online blackmail was discussed - I was a bit shocked as I cannot imagine ever, even when I was young, stripping off on a webcam (of course they didn't exist then). It seems this is the new 'honey pot' catch all, as then the blackmailer starts threatening to post up the nude pics and if the poor sap doesn't pay up then more pics are uploaded along with accusations of paedophilia. One man killed himself over the threats. What a sick world we live in nowadays. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:32 pm

Doing something, finally? Don't make me laugh. This shouldn't be left to ordinary people. Unless The Police think that some of the potential Criminals are tied up on The Internet doing some other sort of damage that doesn't interest them.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Charity Launches Online Troll-Hunter Service Empty Charity Launches Online Troll-Hunter Service

Post  Pedro Silva Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:10 pm

Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down