JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Max Clifford Arrested EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Max Clifford Arrested EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Max Clifford Arrested EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Max Clifford Arrested EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Max Clifford Arrested EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Max Clifford Arrested EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Max Clifford Arrested EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Max Clifford Arrested EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Max Clifford Arrested EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Max Clifford Arrested

4 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Max Clifford Arrested Empty Max Clifford Arrested

Post  bb1 Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:49 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/1021671/max-clifford-arrested-by-savile-detectives

Max Clifford Arrested By Savile Detectives
1:26pm UK, Thursday 06 December 2012

Max Clifford Arrested 138565788-1-522x293

Publicist Max Clifford has been arrested by police investigating sexual abuse claims against Jimmy Savile, it has emerged.

The 69-year-old is being held by detectives working on Operation Yewtree, a probe into historic sex offences.

Clifford is the sixth person to be questioned as part of the Metropolitan Police investigation. Scotland Yard has not named the man it revealed it had arrested as part of the operation shortly after 7.30am.

But Sky sources understand it to be 'super agent' Clifford, who is being held at a central London police station.

Sky's Crime Correspondent Martin Brunt said: "He is, as we speak, being questioned by detectives."

Police working on Operation Yewtree had said they were looking at three categories of offences; those allegedly committed by Savile alone, those allegedly committed by Savile and "others", and alleged offences by "others".

Brunt added: "Max Clifford falls within that group of allegations that pertain to others."

More follows...
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Max Clifford Arrested Empty Re: Max Clifford Arrested

Post  bb1 Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:50 pm

Now, that is a Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Rumors had been flying that Mr Blobby was involved in this one....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:52 pm

Rothley Pillowcase ™️ ‏@RothleyPillow
Now is the time for Max Clifford to ADMIT he knows THERE'S NOT ONE SCRAP OF EVIDENCE for the #mccann s & co 'abduction' bollox! Jimmy Savile

WTF has he got to do with the McCanns? Stupid Zoe. Pcorneater
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:21 pm

Is she drunk already?

Rothley Pillowcase ™ ‏@RothleyPillow
Watching big t**ds like Max Clifford being arrested will be a huge blow to the #mccann cult PERVERTS who keep insisting Maddie was abducted

He's got nothing to do with anything, apart from offering his services to Robert Murat, which came to nothing.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:16 pm

http://thehoundingofthemccans.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/is-there-anyone-of-note-britain-who.html

Quite, Tony, it is all getting rather silly now. Anyone would think there were no crimes being committed in the UK RIGHT NOW.

Also, the tabloids are frantically trying to turn this into a perv-hunt, but a good few of the allegations involve grown women who, forty years later, have decided they were groped by some now-elderly star or other.

Which may be extremely bad-mannered and sexist, but does NOT involve children.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:18 pm

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2012-12-06/lawyer-clifford-to-assist-police-as-best-he-can/

Lawyer: Clifford to assist police 'as best he can'
Last updated Thu 6 Dec 2012
UK

Max Clifford's lawyer Charlotte Harris said he would assist the police "as best he can with their inquiries" following his arrest by detectives investigating the Jimmy Savile sex abuse scandal.

A statement said:

Max Clifford is being interviewed by police.

Mr Clifford will assist the police as best he can with their inquiries.

When we are in a position to provide further information, we will.

– CHARLOTTE HARRIS

I suspect this may turn out to have more to do with what his clients have been up to; time will, as ever, tell.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:32 pm

Here's where the waters get very muddy....from:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/leveson-inquiry/8938157/Leveson-lawyer-Charlotte-Harris-violated-by-News-International-surveillance.html

Leveson: lawyer Charlotte Harris 'violated' by News International surveillance
Charlotte Harris, a lawyer representing alleged victims of phone hacking, has described how she shared her clients’ feelings that they had been “violated” when she discovered that she and her children had been put under surveillance themselves.

Isn't that a coincidence? And isn't it odd that only BBC employees/stars are being accused?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:38 pm

And isn't it odd that only BBC employees/stars are being accused?
Conspiracy, conspiracy, definitely a conspiracy - and I bet I could name the chief honcho in all this. Nothing worse than being scorned, is there? LL hmmm hmmm
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:49 pm

Yes, I have the oddest feeling we're barely seeing the puppeteer who is behind this, LL.

I don't greatly like Clifford; I won't be heartbroken if he ends up in court. In fact, I don't really like any of the 'BBC stars' who have been accused so far, but there is a pattern to it....

And notice that the doors which were starting to open on REAL abuse in care homes, allegedly involving politicians, has been swept back under the carpet, after that bizarre business involving Schofield and the PM?

Not to mention the PM doing that spectacular U-turn over Leveson, and shafting all the hacking victims, and others?

My nose is starting to itch.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:52 pm

Sorry, maybe I missed something when I was away, but what U-Turn? LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:00 pm

Ah. You've missed rather a lot, then, LL. The Leveson report had barely been released, when Cameron announced that he wasn't going to abide by it.

Which has led to this:

http://hackinginquiry.org/petition/

It was launched at the end of last week, fronted by Chris Jeffries (wrongly accused and smeared in the Jo Yeates murder) and Gerry McCann.

Which caused hater shrieks of, No-one will sign that! Naturally, they were, as ever, wrong, it is currently standing at:

Bennett launched a counter petition, as he feels he is entitled to libel and smear people, which is currently at 1,125 - try not to laugh.

The press, led by the Mail and News International, have been going all out to campaign against the Hacked Off petition.

All of which is another reason why my nose is itching. Cameron is giving every impression of a man who is being grasped by the short and curlies by a puppeteer.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:08 pm

Okay, do we know exactly why the PM has not taken the Leveson report etc on board? Did he give a reason? LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:10 pm

No, he waffled, LL. It happened without warning - hence the uproar.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:14 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/jimmy-savile/9727326/Max-Clifford-king-of-the-kiss-and-tell.html

Among those he has represented are Antonia de Sancha, an actress who had an affair with Mellor, a minister in John Major’s administration.
Clifford later admitted that he was motivated by “the pleasure of helping to bring down the Conservative Party”.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:23 pm

This getting horrible. I think I feel ill. These people really should not be named until they are charged. We simply do not have right to know when every person is questioned.
I am seriously horrified.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:31 pm

Sabot wrote:
This getting horrible. I think I feel ill. These people really should not be named until they are charged. We simply do not have right to know when every person is questioned.
I am seriously horrified.
I agree. Whatever happened to 'helping the police with the enquiries'? Seems to have gone down the drain. Oh, of course, if the cops ask to have a chat with you, you've gotta be guilty cos otherwise they wouldn't want to see you, would they? And the news that a celeb has been 'arrested' sells far more papers - sorry, bit cynical here. LL Shocked scratch
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:48 pm

IMO, there's a deep. dark game being played here; I don't know if the public is being fed these bit players in the hope of diverting their attention from other matters. If so, it's working.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:51 pm

The trouble is that it isn't just The Press, LL. The Internet will have him hanged, drawn and quartered by now.
I am reluctant to comment on the man himself, or any of them for that matter, because we just don't know. But don't tell me that The Jury Pool won't have read what is being said. And don't tell me that some of the said Jury Pool won't have biased opinions.
There is never going to be an unbiased opinion on any Jury called to rule on any of these men. I wouldn't even trust myself because I would be biased in favour of the Defendant after what I have seen this last five years. And I am the most logical person I know.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:54 pm

I wouldn't assume that any of this is going to get as far as a courtroom, Sabot. Unless British justice is rewritten to suit MWT, people have a right to confront their accusers.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:01 pm

bb1 wrote:IMO, there's a deep. dark game being played here; I don't know if the public is being fed these bit players in the hope of diverting their attention from other matters. If so, it's working.

Seriously, are we all being sucked into some hidden cover up? If so then it isn't working for me.
I have long had my doubts about Common Purpose. Read some of that shite, and we could well be worried. But the vast majority of The British Public aren't stupid. The only real problem is that there isn't anyone fit to vote for.
Many times have I been castigated for refusing to vote, when I could, and I don't even know if it did any good. But I wouldn't vote now for any of them.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:06 pm

Funny how all the chatter about boys and care homes stopped after the business with Schofield, isn't it? The spotlight's swung right off that, and onto entertainers and the BBC. And no-one is mentioning Rochdale.

Just sayin'.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:09 pm

roger patrick kelly ‏@rebroger
Max Clifford sides with Murat over #McCann s & gets arrested. Coincedence? #savile #Leveson #paedos

alienship alienship alienship alienship
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:12 pm

bb1 wrote:I wouldn't assume that any of this is going to get as far as a courtroom, Sabot. Unless British justice is rewritten to suit MWT, people have a right to confront their accusers.

I don't assume it will reach a Courtroom, Bonny. In fact I very much doubt that any of it will. But people's lives are being destroyed on historical evidence that can never be totally proven. These are old men that we are talking about, and one of them is going to die from stress in a minute.

I was once accused by The Police of something that I hadn't done, and I was young and healthy at the time, but it seriously did my head in. In fact I even wondered if I had done it and blocked it from my memory. So God knows what it would do to me now.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:14 pm

Oh my, my! This is Clifford's lawyer:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/charlotte-harris-nowhere-to-hide-says-the-lawyer-on-murdochs-case-2269242.html

Quotes:

One of Rupert Murdoch's nemeses is a 5ft 2in mother of two children who sits in The Independent's offices joking about how her children demand Nesquik while she is on the home phone conducting legal negotiations "with scary lawyers". Charlotte Harris, a partner at the London law firm Mishcon de Reya, has for the past three years been representing clients who believe their privacy was systematically invaded by Mr Murdoch's News of the World. She says the phone-hacking scandal raises profound questions about who is in charge of the country: newspapers, and in particular those owned by the world's most powerful media baron, or the police who should be curbing their excesses, and the public.

In a flurry of words, Ms Harris, 33, says: "This is about power and about thinking that you're above the law and about who we can trust, and fundamentally this is about whether we live in a democracy, or a Murdocracy dictatorship that I never voted for."

Hmmm. And how about this?

While working in Manchester, Ms Harris helped to win payouts from News International for Gordon Taylor, chief executive of the Professional Footballers Association, who knew juicy secrets about footballers, and the publicist Max Clifford, who knew juicy secrets about celebrities. She saw evidence that left her in no doubt that the newspaper group had a serious case to answer. "Very early on, I knew that the "one rogue reporter" defence that was being put forward relentlessly by News International simply was unsustainable. It gives you a very strong urge to keep going and also it means when you are advising clients you can have utter confidence. You can say: 'I know this sounds crazy but..."

"Everybody is very cross," she says of her clients, who range from politicians, to celebrities, to victims of crime. "There are very few people who think their phones have been hacked who come to me and say: 'I put myself in the public eye: what did I expect?' That is not the attitude. A real concern is that they don't know exactly what has been listened to.

"It's very big brothery: Somebody has been been listening to me... and this person who I don't know had my details and my kids' details, and my bank details and my passwords, and nobody will tell me what was going on and... the police won't help me."

How very, very interesting!
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:20 pm

There will be trouble ahead.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums