JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
LEVESON SPEAKS OUT ABOUT INTERNET 'MOB RULE' EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
LEVESON SPEAKS OUT ABOUT INTERNET 'MOB RULE' EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
LEVESON SPEAKS OUT ABOUT INTERNET 'MOB RULE' EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
LEVESON SPEAKS OUT ABOUT INTERNET 'MOB RULE' EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
LEVESON SPEAKS OUT ABOUT INTERNET 'MOB RULE' EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
LEVESON SPEAKS OUT ABOUT INTERNET 'MOB RULE' EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
LEVESON SPEAKS OUT ABOUT INTERNET 'MOB RULE' EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
LEVESON SPEAKS OUT ABOUT INTERNET 'MOB RULE' EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
LEVESON SPEAKS OUT ABOUT INTERNET 'MOB RULE' EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

LEVESON SPEAKS OUT ABOUT INTERNET 'MOB RULE'

3 posters

Go down

LEVESON SPEAKS OUT ABOUT INTERNET 'MOB RULE' Empty LEVESON SPEAKS OUT ABOUT INTERNET 'MOB RULE'

Post  bb1 Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:42 am

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/12/07/leveson-demands-law-civilise-the-internet_n_2255887.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Leveson Suggests New Law To 'Civilise' The Internet At Conference In Sydney

Lord Justice Leveson has said new laws may be needed to prevent "mob rule" on the internet, as newspaper editors in Britain try to head off the statutory underpinning of press regulation.

Speaking at a conference in Sydney, Australia, the author of the report calling for tougher regulation of the British press suggested online publications and individuals on Twitter were less afraid of the legal consequences of what they said than the print media.

"The established media broadly conforms to the law and, when they do not, they are potentially liable under the law," he said.

"In so far as the internet is concerned, there has been, and for many, there remains a perception that actions do not have legal consequences.

"There is not only a danger of trial by Twitter, but also of an unending punishment, and no prospect of rehabilitation, by Google."

According to Australian media broadcasters were not allowed to record Leveson's speech to the £950 a head privacy symposium in which he said it was likely "new laws will need to be developed".

"Just as it took time for the wilder excesses of the early penny press to be civilised, it will take time to civilise the internet," he said.

British newspaper editors met on Thursday and said they hoped to implement Leveson's recommendations for independent self regulation without the need for statutory underpinning.

David Cameron is reluctant to take that step, warning it could pose a future threat to free speech, but has told the industry it must act fast to convince politicians and the public that it is not necessary.

Labour, the Liberal Democrats and a large number of Conservative MPs are united with victims of press abuses and other campaigners in demanding full implementation.

Leveson was criticised in some quarters for barely mentioning the internet, which described as "a moral vacuum", in his 2,000-page report into the activity of the press published last week.

In his Sydney speech he appeared to recognise the problem faced by nations that attempted to regulate the ability of people to use the internet as a "global megaphone for gossip" akin to "mob rule".

"Bloggers rejoice in placing their servers outside the jurisdiction where different laws apply," he observed.

Leveson, who departed for a tour of Australia soon after his report was published in Britain, has yet to respond to calls by the Commons culture, media and sport committee that he give evidence on his recommendations.

His suggestion of new laws to cover the internet comes in the wake of a series of high profile cases against people for how they use Twitter - most notably the spreading of the unfounded rumour that Lord McAlpine was guilty of sexual offences.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

LEVESON SPEAKS OUT ABOUT INTERNET 'MOB RULE' Empty Re: LEVESON SPEAKS OUT ABOUT INTERNET 'MOB RULE'

Post  bb1 Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:47 am

I wonder if his Lordship had the bile, obscenities and general filth spewed by the McCann-haters in mind when he said that?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

LEVESON SPEAKS OUT ABOUT INTERNET 'MOB RULE' Empty Re: LEVESON SPEAKS OUT ABOUT INTERNET 'MOB RULE'

Post  bb1 Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:44 pm

Now Leveson wants new laws to regulate internet: Judge's broadside at Twitter and Google as he calls for end of web 'mob rule'
Radio prank on Duchess of Cambridge proves need for new privacy laws, Lord Leveson said during £620-per-ticket Sydney lecture
He was speaking at an exclusive event where he said 'mob rule' online must end
'There is not only a danger of trial by Twitter, but also of an unending punishment, and no prospect of rehabilitation, via Google,’ judge added
He said Lord McAlpine case proved internet is 'megaphone for gossip'
Leveson report criticised for only having one page on the internet

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2244532/Levesons-broadside-Twitter-Google-calls-end-web-mob-rule.html#ixzz2ENwhoSjE
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

LEVESON SPEAKS OUT ABOUT INTERNET 'MOB RULE' Article-2236618-16297B2C000005DC-255_634x370
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:32 am

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/cameron-and-chakrabarti-treat-press-freedom-as-sacred-but-arent-some-things-more-important-8393461.html

Quote:

What does it profit us that we gain press freedom, but suffer a daily diet of sensationalism in which the feelings of the innocent or the marginal are trashed? What does it profit us that the press perpetuates a cynicism that distorts every motive but its own; that dirt-digging alternates with flag-waving to the end of fuelling low curiosity and fatuous nationalism; that a crude, comic-book dependency on the worst that television has to offer trivialises still further the minds of those already mired in it – reader, what, at the cost of losing our souls, do these profit us?

LEVESON SPEAKS OUT ABOUT INTERNET 'MOB RULE' O-woZkpsgWg
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:02 pm

http://thehoundingofthemccans.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/the-death-of-nurse-who-took-hoax-call.html

Well said, Tony.

Death by media may not appear on her death certificate but; it is my belief this dedicated nurse is dead because she felt she had let the hospital she respected and worked for down.

I think so, too. Also, it seems she was very proud to have Royal patients - she will have been devastated at the idea of betraying them.

She must have felt the whole world was laughing at her because of those two scumbags.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:48 pm

I hope the two Australian misfits suffer for their imbecilic actions and never grace the airwaves again.

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:32 pm

It has occurred to me that she could well have lost her job, or at least feared that she would. And that her and her husband were dependent on her salary. But why should those two Australian, overpaid twits care about that.

As for impersonating The Queen and Prince Charles to extract privileged information about a future Queen, as a joke, this beggars belief. Although the death of that poor woman remains the most disgusting.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:37 pm

If they want forgiveness, then maybe they should try working in a hospital for a few years, as cleaners and porters, and then tell us how funny playing 'pranks' on nurses and ill, pregnant women is.

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:52 pm

Incidentally, I have suggested they find employment as cleaners or porters, because the pair of them:

LEVESON SPEAKS OUT ABOUT INTERNET 'MOB RULE' Article-2244608-16666FEA000005DC-884_634x592

are clearly too stupid to qualify as nurses.

And no offense is meant to hard-working cleaners and porters.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:15 pm

Well, if he has Peaked on that job it is seriously time he tried something a bit more taxing, like Road Sweeping or Drain Cleaning.
Not sure about her. She's a bit too old for Page 3.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:22 pm

Barmaid in Coober Pedy? There's usually a shortage of Sheilas there, so the blokes aren't too fussy.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:13 pm

bb1 wrote:Barmaid in Coober Pedy? There's usually a shortage of Sheilas there, so the blokes aren't too fussy.

I've never heard of Coober Pedy. Or is that the point?

I am, as usual, having some trouble finding the words to express how I feel about this. All of it, actually. Such a total lack of care for any other human being, a total lack of awareness of the harm that they are inflicting on innocent people.
I don't believe that anyone wakes up in the morning and says, "Okay, who can I hurt for fun today?" I would have to give up on the human race in general if I believed that they do. So what went wrong? Why are they so morally defunct? Do they so desperately need to be part of a gang that they don't care about what they say, or how much harm they cause?
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:21 pm

Oh, some of them do EXACTLY that, Sabot - especially the hounders:

: Royal Prank Call Nurse 'Commits Suicide'
Jean Today

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hoaxes

I'm just wondering who else might be included on this list in years to come........

That leads on from Bennett saying:

Sometimes a claim that a missing child has been abducted may be a hoax. There have certainly been many such recorded instances

Bunch of sickos; one of these days, Karma is going to pay them back for their vile words and deeds. And no doubt they will then cry and want sympathy, like the two Aussie scumbags.

Coober Pedy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coober_Pedy,_South_Australia

Large, and gem-rich, hole in the ground. It's so hot, people live in caves. Actually, it's probably a better place for those two than any hospital; I doubt if anyone there would much appreciate workplace 'pranks' that get people killed.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:56 pm

Do you really believe that Bennett seriously wants to cause harm, Bonny? Or might he just be mistaken in his beliefs?
Not that it matters all that much. No one with any sense supports him any more. And his comeuppance is fast approaching.
I guess I just find it rather sad that he and his dwindling band should be so steeped in attacking the parent of a missing child, and inflicting pain on them that he is prepared to put his home and the life style of his wife at risk.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:53 pm

That Wiki article about Coober Pedy is really fascinating, and I am so glad you posted it, Bonny. This is my Australia, although I have never been there.
I do have a fear of Opals because they are not my Birth Stone, and I once gave away an Opal Ring because I was afraid of it. But I do think that they are incredibly beautiful.

I base my opinions of Australia on the books of Nevil Shute, of which I have them all, and frequently reread. "In the Wet", being my absolute favourite. I actually adore Nevil Shute, although "Adore", is not one of my oft used words. Practically never, in fact.
Nevil Shute knew in 1945 that Britain had passed it's sell by date, and was on the decline. I might go there one day, if I can find a Tramp Steamer heading that way.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:38 pm

I keep promising myself I will visit my rellies in Australia, but I just could not face 24 hours in an airliner, so I need a tramp steamer, too....

Pity you can't get there by flying boat any more.

Looking at the Aussie press about this, there are an awful lot of angry Aussies, too. They really are not amused by their country being disgraced by these two morons.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:48 pm

You would not like 24 hours on an aeroplane, Bonny. It's very boring and extremely scary.
Let me know if you find a Tramp Steamer that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

As for these two, I think they can kiss goodbye to their careers on Telly.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:53 pm

That's the problem, isn't it? Even if you can afford to fly in total luxury, stretched out on your luxurious bed, with your champers glass topped up continually - you're still 30,000 feet up in the air in a giant cigar tube.....

Who's going to employ those two to even clean toilets? An employer couldn't trust either of them not to clingfilm the toilet seat, or play some similarly brain-dead 'prank'.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:08 pm

In see that The Hate Fest on Havern's are trying to blame this poor woman for her own death. Nothing to do with Hounders. What the f*ck is the matter with these people?
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:23 pm

I'm glad to see that some of them are calling it what it is:

. At the end of the day, this was a malicious and nasty action that at the very least could have got someone sacked, but they just did not care. I hope everyone involved in this "prank" feels like shit.

And as far as I am concerned, there was NO excuse for the station carrying on playing the tape of the call after news of Jacinta's death had broken.

IT'S A RADIO STATION.

I simply do not believe there was no-one on the premises.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down