JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Pope to resign - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Pope to resign - Page 4 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Pope to resign - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Pope to resign - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Pope to resign - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Pope to resign - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Pope to resign - Page 4 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Pope to resign - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Pope to resign - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Pope to resign

+3
Pedro Silva
Lamplighter
bb1
7 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Pope to resign - Page 4 Empty Re: Pope to resign

Post  Lamplighter Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:13 pm

bb1 wrote:Yes. She may be in for a nasty lesson in reality....
I think he has far more important things to deal with. He is, it seems, set on reforming the Curia, he has let them have their old jobs back - for now, while he reviews the minutae of the reforms he intends to make to the Vatican. Also, the Pope does not usually busy himself in the affairs of other states. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:16 pm

No; it's not as if there is any gain for the papacy in meddling in it, besides to say, Stick to talking, don't start shooting.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:27 pm

So far, I am really impressed with him. smile
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:27 pm

Good God, can you imagine the horror that would resound around the world if The Pope started making demands. the mere thought is laughable.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:28 pm

I gather he has a low opinion of her anyway, especially where the poor in Argentina are concerned. She lives in luxury while people starve and freeze to death. No love lost there, I think. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:09 pm

I have just been chatting with a friend on this very subject and he reminded me that the Pope has no jurisdiction of any kind over the UK as he is not recognised as the head of the English, Scots and Welsh churches; he is only recognised as such in the Irish Republic which is of course almost totally RC. He could request that he and the Queen chat on the subject but he cannot force her or anyone else who is a member of the UK churches to even meet Kirchner. The silly woman obviously has not done her homework or she would realise that the RC Church and its Head carry no weight in a lot of the world. As Francis seems a clever and astute man I wonder whether he actually told her that he cannot interfere in the affairs of a country that does not recognise him as having any power in such a matter? I agree, I like his style and he obviously has a sense of humour. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:21 pm

Is it possible she doesn't actually know he isn't head of anything in the UK? That, indeed, Scotland and England have both been excommunicated in the past without the world ceasing to turn?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:27 pm

There is a chance she may not know, or she could be so eager to grab the Falklands she is deliberately ignoring the facts. Either way, she really doesn't have much of a chance taking this route, it takes at least 2 to talk and I can't see anyone from the UK agreeing to sit down with her. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:37 pm

I keep getting her muddled up with that bloke Ashton Kutcher that was married to Demi Moore, and start tut-tutting about actors meddling in politics.

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:10 pm

I saw yesterday that it was being stated that Cameron was shunning the Pope's inauguration. He was not. He is not a head of state so he would not even have been asked. And nobody is actually invited; the Vatican informs each Ambassador of the time and place, he/she informs the Head of State of his/her country who then indicates if they will be attending. HM is still not fully recovered, so she send HRH Richard, Duke of Gloucester in her place. Just thought I'd add this so as to clear up a possible misunderstanding. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:20 pm

I think everyone here knows Cameron isn't our Head of State, LL - the rest of the world seemingly can't tell the difference. biggrin
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:24 pm

Lamplighter wrote:I saw yesterday that it was being stated that Cameron was shunning the Pope's inauguration. He was not. He is not a head of state so he would not even have been asked. And nobody is actually invited; the Vatican informs each Ambassador of the time and place, he/she informs the Head of State of his/her country who then indicates if they will be attending. HM is still not fully recovered, so she send HRH Richard, Duke of Gloucester in her place. Just thought I'd add this so as to clear up a possible misunderstanding. LL

There go The Gutter Press again. And so utterly, incorrectly pointless.

I have great hopes of Pope Francis. He is a Jesuit, and I do like their approach to life in general.

Ms Kirchner has got no chance, and probably didn't even raise the subject, unless she is even more crass than I first thought.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:25 pm

But that was in a UK tabloid yesterday, Bonny, and we know they never make mistakes, don't we? .... at least the Queen didn't send the Prince of Wales, remember the fuss when he shook hands with Mugabe at John Paul II's funeral!! LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:30 pm

The Prince of Wales has been in Oman, LL. So, unless he is cloned she couldn't have sent him either?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:58 pm

It'll all be alright. Trust me. I liked the last Pope, and he didn't do anything dreadful.
I was never quite sure about the one before that. He played to the crowd a bit to much for me.

Actually, what I would really like is an Aesthetic. You can tell by looking at them. But we haven't had one of those for quite some time. The last one was XX Something. I can never remember his name, which is probably what it is all about. He mysteriously disappeared, or he didn't. But The Vatican didn't like him. A bit too Holy for them. I was shattered when he supposedly died, and I wasn't even a Catholic in those days. Not sure if I am now, but I do so love the Pomp and Circumstance. Why else would anyone go to Church in favour of a bacon sandwich?
But I will never forget the face of my XX Something. He changed my life and my attitude to Religion.
I expect that some of you bright sparks will come up with his name. I did research it at one point, but I decided that it was only important that I remembered him.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:05 pm

Pius XII
John XXIII
John Paul I - who died after 33 days as pope
John Paul II
Benedict XVI

All the above are popes from 1939 onwards. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:16 pm

Lamplighter wrote:Pius XII
John XXIII
John Paul I - who died after 33 days as pope
John Paul II
Benedict XVI

All the above are popes from 1939 onwards. LL

One of the first two, LL. There was a mystery surrounding his death, and a suggestion that there was stand in. But it took me some time to figure out.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:34 pm

I confess, I wasn't really pope-aware until the sudden death of JPI, and then JPII turned out to be a very different pope indeed. Until then, I'd rather thought of them as elderly Italian clerics who'd barely left the cloister since childhood.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:19 pm

Bonny, there is such a vast difference between Aesthetics and Worldly Popes. Or even Priests, if you like. The Aesthetics are few and far between. They have never known a woman, and are possibly asexual, even if forced upon themselves. You will know one if you ever see one. I have only ever seen two in my life, and one of them was Greek Orthodox. The other one was this Pope I am talking about.
I don't believe that anyone has to be an aesthetic to be a good priest. But this is from where the real love of God and Humanity comes. If you ever see one then you will know what I mean. They are awesome. The light shines out of them.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:04 am

An interesting comment on BBC's Dateline London this morning - it seems, according to the reporter from the Catholic news paper, The Tablet, who attended at the Pope's Inauguration that, her sources told her that Kerchner's bleating to Papa Francis re the Falklands fell on deaf ears. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:39 am

Lamplighter wrote:An interesting comment on BBC's Dateline London this morning - it seems, according to the reporter from the Catholic news paper, The Tablet, who attended at the Pope's Inauguration that, her sources told her that Kerchner's bleating to Papa Francis re the Falklands fell on deaf ears. LL

Well it would, wouldn't it. Silly woman. And how very rude. There is a vast difference between a Priest and The Pope, although even a Priest should not have got involved.
But from what little I have found on the subject his remarks were not quite what they were made out to be.

I don't particularly want to thump the drum about this, but The Falkland Islanders are entitled to the full support of The British Crown, especially as this is what they want.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:06 pm

Did you see the Easter service at the Colosseum?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21979102

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4