JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
DAVE MAHON CHARGED WITH MURDERING DEAN FITZPATRICK, BROTHER OF MISSING AMY EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
DAVE MAHON CHARGED WITH MURDERING DEAN FITZPATRICK, BROTHER OF MISSING AMY EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
DAVE MAHON CHARGED WITH MURDERING DEAN FITZPATRICK, BROTHER OF MISSING AMY EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
DAVE MAHON CHARGED WITH MURDERING DEAN FITZPATRICK, BROTHER OF MISSING AMY EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
DAVE MAHON CHARGED WITH MURDERING DEAN FITZPATRICK, BROTHER OF MISSING AMY EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
DAVE MAHON CHARGED WITH MURDERING DEAN FITZPATRICK, BROTHER OF MISSING AMY EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
DAVE MAHON CHARGED WITH MURDERING DEAN FITZPATRICK, BROTHER OF MISSING AMY EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
DAVE MAHON CHARGED WITH MURDERING DEAN FITZPATRICK, BROTHER OF MISSING AMY EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
DAVE MAHON CHARGED WITH MURDERING DEAN FITZPATRICK, BROTHER OF MISSING AMY EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

DAVE MAHON CHARGED WITH MURDERING DEAN FITZPATRICK, BROTHER OF MISSING AMY

+5
rhodes
Anita
Sabot
muratfan
bb1
9 posters

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Go down

DAVE MAHON CHARGED WITH MURDERING DEAN FITZPATRICK, BROTHER OF MISSING AMY Empty DAVE MAHON CHARGED WITH MURDERING DEAN FITZPATRICK, BROTHER OF MISSING AMY

Post  bb1 Mon May 27, 2013 12:52 pm

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/stepfather-arrested-over-murder-of-amys-brother-29298296.html

Stepfather arrested over murder of Amy's brother

Missing teen's mum devastated by stabbing

DAVE MAHON CHARGED WITH MURDERING DEAN FITZPATRICK, BROTHER OF MISSING AMY David-Mahon

David Mahon

CORMAC MCQUINN, TOM BRADY AND PAUL WILLIAMS – 27 MAY 2013

THE stepfather of missing Irish teenager Amy Fitzpatrick has been arrested by gardai investigating the murder of her brother, Dean, who was found stabbed to death.

Dave Mahon (42), voluntarily presented himself at Coolock garda station after the body of his 23-year-old stepson was found in the street at nearby Northern Cross, on the northside of Dublin, on Saturday night.

Mr Mahon was arrested at about 2pm and can be held for 24 hours without charge.

It is understood Mr Mahon lives with Dean's mother, Audrey, in the Burnell Square apartment complex, just metres from where the young man's body was found at 11.20pm with a single stab wound to the abdomen. Dean was rushed to nearby Beaumont Hospital where he died from his injuries a short time later.

Last night, Amy and Dean's mother was too upset to speak about the death of her son – the second tragedy to hit the family. However, Audrey Fitzpatrick did say she wasn't aware her partner had been arrested. She told the Irish Independent: "Well, I haven't been even told that, so I can't tell you anything."

She said she wasn't home on Saturday night, adding: "The police haven't told me anything."

Mr Mahon last month received a jail sentence for a dangerous drink-driving incident in Dublin on New Year's Day.

However, he appealed the severity of the sentence and it was suspended on condition he kept the peace for 12 months.

The offence occurred five years to the day since Amy Fitzpatrick, then aged 15, went missing in Spain.

She had been living with her mother and Mr Mahon in the Costa del Sol town of Mijas and disappeared when she left a friend's house to walk home.

Last edited by bb1 on Thu May 14, 2015 4:45 pm; edited 8 times in total
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

DAVE MAHON CHARGED WITH MURDERING DEAN FITZPATRICK, BROTHER OF MISSING AMY Empty Re: DAVE MAHON CHARGED WITH MURDERING DEAN FITZPATRICK, BROTHER OF MISSING AMY

Post  bb1 Mon May 27, 2013 2:18 pm

http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/2011/05/24/amy-fitzpatrick-missing/

SHOCKING new police files have emerged allegedly confirming the troubled life of missing teenager Amy Fitzpatrick.
A series of witness statements purport to show the 15-year-old, who vanished on New Years Day 2008, was a wild child living a lifestyle spiralling out of control.
And in disturbing extracts from her diary, first published in Ireland’s Sunday World, the teenager emerges as a sad and lonely girl who missed her home in Ireland and had to forage for food in bins.
In one of the most distressing entries, released by her aunt Christine Kenny, Amy actually draws herself living in a cardboard box with an arrow pointing to bins where she gets her food.
She writes: “I smell of dog s**t and I haven’t had a shower in 2 years and I moved into my new house 2 day (sic) and it’s quite small and it’s not been painted.
“I am hoping to paint my cardboard box soon.”
The latest evidence – which suggests she could have been living rough – backs the claims reported by the Olive Press in 2009.

Sources then told the paper that she occasionally slept in fields and sometimes seemed hungry. She often didn’t attend school.
However her mother – and close friend Kim Simpson – slammed the new reports as wildly inaccurate, insisting that Amy was a normal teenager and never went without food.
Her mother Audrey, who is about to release a book on the case, described the claims by Christine as ‘a kick in the teeth’.
She said: “This woman says now that she will never give up her search for Amy.
“But where was she before my daughter vanished? The last contact she had with Amy was three years before she vanished.”
She added: “Teenagers will always be teenagers and there were times Amy walked out after a row and stayed with friends.”
Her friend Kim added: “I think this thing about foraging in bins is bullshit.
“Amy never went without. She may have stayed away from home a lot out of choice but she was always welcome there and there was always food for her.”
But Amy’s aunt and father Christopher Fitzpatrick, who live in Dublin, insist they can back up the claims with evidence.
And their claims are supported by a crucial letter – which the Olive Press has read – in which a mother of one of Amy’s friend’s pleaded to the Irish authorities to take her into care for her own safety.
Last night Christine Kenny, told the Olive Press: “It doesn’t matter when I last saw Amy, whether it was three years ago or six.
“She is my blood relative and I won’t rest easy until I find the truth.”

She added: “It is all coming out about her lifestyle, and the truth has to be told. I am sure the secret to her disappearance lies in the life she was leading.”
Christine meanwhile picked up some clothes Amy had left at the house of close friend Ashley Rose on the day she disappeared.
She had been staying at the house since Christmas Eve.
“She had to borrow clothes off Ashley as hers were in bits and her shoes were falling apart,” claimed Christine. “It just shows how she was living.”
Interestingly, the latest police reports reveal that three witnesses have come forward alleging they saw Amy with a mystery blonde in the Trafalgar Bar, in Calahonda’s El Zoco centre hours after her previous last reported sighting.

===========

If ever a child was neglected, it was Amy. Her real father and her family must be heartbroken today.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

DAVE MAHON CHARGED WITH MURDERING DEAN FITZPATRICK, BROTHER OF MISSING AMY Empty Re: DAVE MAHON CHARGED WITH MURDERING DEAN FITZPATRICK, BROTHER OF MISSING AMY

Post  bb1 Mon May 27, 2013 2:22 pm

http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/2009/06/27/amy-fitzpatrick-spain-sad-and-lonely-existence/

You have to wonder what was making her so unhappy with her mother and 'stepfather'.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon May 27, 2013 4:37 pm

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/4944267/Amys-stepdad-released-without-charge-by-gardai.html

THE stepdad of missing Amy Fitzpatrick has been freed without charge after being quizzed over the stab death of her brother.
Dean Fitzpatrick, 23, died after being found knifed outside an apartment block in Coolock, north Dublin at 11.20pm on Saturday night.
His mother Audrey’s partner, Dave Mahon, 42, voluntarily presented himself to gardai the next morning.
After being arrested and questioned by gardai, he was allowed to return home at 2pm this afternoon.
A file is to be sent on the matter to the DPP.
Mahon’s step-daughter Amy vanished in southern Spain on New Year’s Day 2008 as she made her way home from a pal’s house.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/4944267/Amys-stepdad-released-without-charge-by-gardai.html#ixzz2UWHIbcf6
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed May 29, 2013 12:38 pm

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/man-quizzed-over-stepson-stabbing-is-reunited-with-partner-29305603.html

Man quizzed over stepson stabbing is reunited with partner

DAVE MAHON CHARGED WITH MURDERING DEAN FITZPATRICK, BROTHER OF MISSING AMY Mahon+audrey

Dave Mahon was quizzed over the death of Audrey Fitzpatrick's son Dean

Grieving mother Audrey Fitzpatrick has been reunited with her partner Dave Mahon – the man questioned by gardai over an incident that led to her son’s death.

The stepfather of Dean Fitzpatrick, who has been questioned over his death, returned to where the body was found yesterday.

Mr Mahon told the Herald: “We are very strong with each other.”

When asked about the fatal incident Mr Mahon said: “it was a terrible accident”.

Meanwhile, devastated mum Audrey told The Star newspaper “I know he would not have done it on purpose.

“I am not being told anything. I am totally in the dark”, she said.

“All I want to do is see Dean. I am still waiting on a phone call to go and see him”.

Mr Mahon, who was arrested by gardai investigating Dean's killing on Sunday, was later released without charge. A file was sent to the
Director of Public Prosecutions.

It is understood he told gardai that the incident in which Dean died was unintentional and that he stabbed the young man in self-defence.

Mr Mahon left the apartment where he lived with Audrey Fitzpatrick at Northern Cross in Dublin just before lunchtime. He exited through a door that is just metres from where Dean was found with fatal injuries on Saturday night.

Wearing a grey T-shirt, jeans and runners, he was using a stick to walk because of hip problems.

Mr Mahon returned just over two-and-a-half hours later and went back in.

Meanwhile, Dean's father, Christopher Fitzpatrick, arrived at the apartment block last night to lay rosary beads beside the growing number of floral tributes at the place where Dean died.

He made another appeal for people to come forward to help the gardai but said he couldn't comment on Mr Mahon's arrest.

Asked about his ex-wife and Mr Mahon, he said: "We don't speak."

His sister, Christine Kenny, accompanied him to the scene and praised gardai investigating Dean's death, saying: "They're doing a fantastic job. They're not going to leave any stone unturned."

She continued: "I would appeal for anyone who saw the incident, anybody that was passing by, anybody who was at a function at the hotel next door (to come forward)

-----------

Isn't that nice? The 'grieving mother' is reunited with her man after he killed her son - accident or not, how on earth can she even look at him, never mind have his hand on her neck like that?

I am desperately sorry for their REAL father and his family - 'grieving mother' and her thug are not presenting a very pleasant picture, IMO.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed May 29, 2013 12:54 pm

PS - I also hope that the Garda and the Spanish police start taking a MUCH closer look at this thug and the 'grieving mother' over Amy's disappearance, seeing as how the pair of them seem to care more about being 'very strong with each other' after he's just killed another of her children. Accidentally or not.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  muratfan Wed May 29, 2013 4:19 pm

Look at their body language, she looks scared and frightened, he is grasping her neck forcing her to defend him... IMO
muratfan
muratfan
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed May 29, 2013 4:24 pm

Why is she letting him anywhere near her, never mind his hands being at her neck? He's admitted to killing her son, FFS - 'accidentally' or not.

Makes you wonder what else she's let Good Old Dave away with, doesn't it?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  muratfan Wed May 29, 2013 4:39 pm

Hmm...so with him round, her daughter has gone missing, and her son killed...

Makes you wonder
muratfan
muratfan
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Wed May 29, 2013 4:47 pm

This is truly dreadful. I don't care how awful that child was. She was running wild and sleeping rough at the age of thirteen, for Christ's sake. Totally neglected in a foreign country, and not even registered at School. FFS, you just don't allow this to happen.
And now Mr. Mahon has accidentally killed her brother. And her mother refuses to hold him responsible in any way. Self Defence? ORLY?
But never mind. No children to worry about anymore, no matter how badly behaved they might have been. And their bad behaviour can't possibly have had anything to do with their mother or stepfather?

I don't make a habit of blaming parents. I have made a few misjudgements myself. But this is the pits.

I sincerely hope that Amy ran off somewhere. And judging by the attitude of her mother, I wouldn't be at all surprised if she did. No one was listening to the poor child..

And AnnaEsse wants to watch her mouth.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Wed May 29, 2013 4:49 pm

muratfan wrote:Hmm...so with him round, her daughter has gone missing, and her son killed...

Makes you wonder

Quite possibly this all stems from how Amy was treated. Either that, or the boy hated his stepfather for some reason as yet unbeknown.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed May 29, 2013 4:59 pm

I am sure we could all make a few guesses, Sabot. Poor kids - if ever a child was neglected, Amy was, and now her brother's dead.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Wed May 29, 2013 5:16 pm

I can only really remember how The Missing Madeleine Forum treated this, in the light of Missing Madeleine. The hypocrisy was staggering.
Screeching about The Fund for Madeleine while doing their utmost to raise money for Amy's despicable mother and stepfather.
For more than two years Amy lived rough without any care from her mother, other than to critisise and abuse others who tried to help her daughter.

And now this.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Wed May 29, 2013 6:21 pm

Nothing to be done, is there. Her body was never found, so there is a distinct possibility that she is still alive. And she was not so young that she wouldn't remember who she was.

I don't want to think about what could have happened to her when everyone in the area knew that she was being neglected. But then I don't have to think about it. I only have to hope that she has survived. God rot her mother because she really disgusts me.

You know, one of my sons got a bit dilly at one point. But I always knew where he was and I was always on his doorstep, and he jolly well knew that not only did I love him, but that I wasn't very amused by what he thought he was up to.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

DAVE MAHON CHARGED WITH MURDERING DEAN FITZPATRICK, BROTHER OF MISSING AMY Empty She forgives him....

Post  Anita Thu May 30, 2013 9:09 am

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/tragic-deans-mum-forgives-partner-who-was-quizzed-over-his-death-29308080.html

30 May 2013

The mother of missing teen Amy Fitzpatrick says she forgives her partner who was quizzed over her son’s death.

Audrey Fitzpatrick said Dave Mahon (45) is a “very good man” and revealed how she has forgiven him after her son died from a single stab wound last weekend.

Audrey Fitzpatrick said, “I love him and I hate him” as she sat with Dave in their north Dublin apartment yesterday.

Dave Mahon (42), who was questioned by gardai over the death of the 23-year-old father of one, has said that his stepson's death was a "terrible accident".

It is understood that he told gardai that the incident in which Dean died was unintentional and that he stabbed the young man in self-defence.

The victim was the brother of missing teenager Amy Fitzpatrick who disappeared in Spain in 2005.

Dad-of-one Dean was discovered fatally injured near Northern Cross on the Malahide Road in Dublin.

The couple spoke out in an interview with today’s Star newspaper where devastated mum Audrey said: “He is a very good man. He was very close to Dean. He always rang Dave before he rang me.”

Dave will not be going to Dean’s funeral tomorrow but attend the funeral home to say goodbye this evening.

Mahon told the paper, “I am going to see Dean to pay my respects. It’s the last time I will see him.”

He continues to maintain Dean’s death was an accident.

“This was an accident. It will all come out in the wash. But I will have to take this on the chin. I have no choice.

“The hardest thing for me to be in a prison call is to live with this in my mind. It will be hard enough to live with this in my mind walking down the street and getting on with your life as best as one can, but to be in a cell, that’s a different matter.”

Audrey revealed to the Star that her son would be buried in the same grave as her mother Maura (85) who died last May.

“They idolised each other. He always said the rosary in bed with my mam when he stayed down there when he was young, so I just want him in bed with her now.”

The grieving mum said that she had not yet been able to see Dean’s body as official investigations into his death continue.

She said: “I can’t think of anything until I see him, all I want to do is see him.

“I have to hang on to see him and that is what is killing me more than anything else.”

Mr Mahon, who was arrested by gardai investigating Dean's killing, was released without charge. A file was sent to the DPP.

Audrey and her family have been running a high profile and costly campaign for years in a bid to trace the whereabouts of Dean’s sister Amy.

She vanished after leaving a house in the Mijas Costas district of the Costa del Sol in January 2008. She had moved to the Spanish coast with her mother Audrey and Dean in 2005.

Anita
Anita
Wise Owl
Wise Owl

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu May 30, 2013 9:56 am

Audrey Fitzpatrick said Dave Mahon (45) is a “very good man” and revealed how she has forgiven him after her son died from a single stab wound last weekend.

Words fail me. Wonder what else she's 'forgiven'? Because she sounds like one of those stupid women who've got to have a man, and puts that man above her children, whatever the barsteward does.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  rhodes Thu May 30, 2013 1:28 pm

are all blondes in Dublin as thick as this one?

I know Blondie is, indeed she reminds me of this one.

Remember the day she casually trotted out she'd been on hols with her kids and one of them was ill, so lay on a PILE OF COATS in the corner of the restaurant while the rest of them ate.

When I asked why either her of her partner didn't take the ill one back to the hotel she got most annoyed. She's a thicko.
rhodes
rhodes
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu May 30, 2013 1:36 pm

Don't know if you saw this, Rhodes, but someone on Myths had kept a post of hers from years back, on the Mirror forum:

http://stopthemyths.prophpbb.com/topic5177-25.html?sid=76dd7aef8144a8ca3610eface323a3da

blondie2

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:40 pm Post subject: Help; Am I the first with a broken relationship cos of this

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have been so involved in this case from the beginning. Having been the victim of abuse in childhood and went into a relationship which was totally wrong for me .....was trying. to escape.. Ended up in a relationship where at least two of my kids were sexually abused .Thaught I was doing well in my present relationship where my partner told me I was 'off the wall' with regard to the McCann case. Just feel very isolated cos my family just don't want to hear my views.

Anyway my partner told me tonite that he was not going to discuss any aspect of the case and then threw my keys at me. It has brought back too many memories....my mum was very intuitive. We would have had great in depth discussions about this affair. Sadly she passed away a year ago in my care.

My partner told me tonite that he wanted no discusion on the matter....I was over the top apparently and he didn't want to read any views on the forum. His 'educated ' view as that the McCanns are totally innocent of any wrongdoing but doesn't want to read any material which might enlighten him.

Am I the only onewho has suffered broken relationship?

====================
Don't ask me which of the many 'partners' was the abuser. Rolling Eyes

ETA, if she was, as she claims, the victim of abuse herself in childhood, why was she having 'in depth discussions' with dear old mum?

Or didn't mum notice, either?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu May 30, 2013 1:45 pm

More self-pity from Good Old Dave.

http://www.thestar.ie/star/dave-mahon-i-am-not-a-murderer/

Dave Mahon: I am not a murderer
Missing Amy Fitzpatrick’s stepdad Dave Mahon broke down in tears last night as he insisted: “I am not a murderer.”

He was speaking exclusively to The Star just hours after he was released from Garda custody over the knife killing of his stepson Dean Fitzpatrick — Amy’s brother.

A clearly distraught Mr Mahon said the death was a total accident.

“I will have to live with this forever,” he told The Star.

Mr Mahon was released without charge just after 2pm yesterday, more than 36 hours after dad-of-one Dean (23) was stabbed to death in an incident in north Dublin.

After his release, the 42-year-old spoke last night of his fears for his partner Audrey Fitzpatrick — the victim’s mother.

Mr Mahon has, along with Audrey, led a five-year campaign to highlight the disappearance of Amy — who was just 15 when she vanished on Spain’s Costa del Sol in January 2008.

Mr Mahon had to be repeatedly comforted as he broke down time after time when he spoke to The Star at his father Mick’s home in Santry, north Dublin.

He said that, on legal advice, he could not talk about the specifics of the incident in which Dean died.

The victim sustained a single stab wound to the abdomen at around 11.20pm on Saturday at an apartment in Burnell Square, Northern Cross, near Dublin Airport.

Mr Mahon has been living in the apartment with Audrey, who turned 45 less than two weeks ago.

He said he left the scene after the incident and went to his father’s house in Santry, unaware that Dean was fatally injured.

He said he only realised Dean was dead when his father woke him the next morning to break the news to him.

He said he then called a friend and presented himself to a Garda station in Coolock, Dublin.

Mr Mahon was interviewed by detectives for several hours on Sunday morning.

In the afternoon he was formally arrested and questioning continued.

Officers consulted with the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) yesterday afternoon.

The DPP ordered that he be released without charge, pending the completion of a file to be sent to the DPP’s office.

It is thought Mr Mahon could now have to wait around four months before he learns if the DPP has decided he should face charges over the incident.

He was released from custody just before 2pm and said nothing to waiting reporters as his father Mick drove him away from Coolock Garda Station.

However, just a few hours later he broke his silence and spoke to The Star.

With tears streaming down his face, he said: “I feel so sorry about what happened.

“It was a complete accident. I am not a murderer.

“I only found out the next morning when my dad told me when I woke up.

I love Audrey so much and need to tell her how sorry I am. I will have to live with this forever.

“Audrey is my main concern now.”

Mr Mahon declined to comment further — but repeatedly asked after the welfare of Audrey.

Gardai at Coolock are investigating the killing and have appealed for any witnesses to contact them on 01 666 4200.

The incident happened at the Burnell Square apartment where Audrey and Mr Mahon have been living since they returned to Ireland from Spain in January last year.

Audrey was caring for her aged father Joe at his home in nearby Artane when Dean — who was living in Lusk, north Dublin, and had an infant child — arrived at the apartment complex on his bicycle.

Sources say Dean, who was left devastated by Amy’s disappearance in January 2008 when he was just 17, received a single stab wound in the abdomen following an altercation in the property.

Gardai are still searching for the weapon used in the killing.

Two men who are believed to have witnessed the altercation have made statements to gardai.

Dean is believed to have stumbled, fatally wounded, out of the apartment and collapsed on the ground outside the complex at around 11.30pm on Saturday.

A passer-by called gardai and paramedics, and Dean was rushed to Dublin’s Beaumont Hospital, where he lost his fight for life just before midnight.

Around 12 hours after the attack, Mr Mahon, who is originally from Santry, north Dublin, presented himself to gardai at Coolock Garda Station — where an investigation into the death is being led by Superintendent Ronan Galligan.

Mr Mahon’s arrest comes just weeks after he successfully appealed a jail term handed down to him for drink-driving earlier this year.

He was given a four-month prison sentence in March after he was convicted of a dangerous drink-driving incident.

Dublin District Court heard that Mr Mahon had been seen driving dangerously by an off-duty garda who followed him in north Dublin last January 1 — the fifth anniversary of his step-daughter Amy’s disappearance.

After being tailed by the off-duty garda he was arrested in Santry.

He had pleaded not guilty to drink-driving, three counts of dangerous driving, and one charge of careless driving.

He was convicted of all charges.

Judge Ann Watkin described the 42-year-old’s dangerous driving as “horrendous”.

The jail term was suspended on appeal last month.

Mr Mahon’s road ban was also reduced from five years to three years — the minimum for the level of alcohol in his system at the time of his arrest.

========

Remember folks, we mustn't call him a 'murderer'. For now.

It is, however, quite acceptable to refer to him as a KILLER, as he has admitted stabbing Amy's brother to death.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  rhodes Thu May 30, 2013 1:51 pm

she's as fecked up as they come that one.

Maybe she should spend some time and energy trying to sort out her kids who have been abused instead of transfering onto the McCann family?
rhodes
rhodes
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu May 30, 2013 1:54 pm

There's a lot of forkers like that, though, projecting their own shortcomings onto the McCanns.

This business with Amy Fitzpatrick's brother now being killed by the stepfather does rather show how poor their judgement is. As well as what hypocrites they are.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  rhodes Thu May 30, 2013 2:01 pm

not exactly normal to just swan off to your dads when you know you have just STABBED someone. What a coward.
rhodes
rhodes
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

DAVE MAHON CHARGED WITH MURDERING DEAN FITZPATRICK, BROTHER OF MISSING AMY Empty FUNERAL arrangements made for Dean Fitzpatrick were suddenly cancelled this morning.

Post  Anita Thu May 30, 2013 2:09 pm

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/funeral-mass-for-stab-victim-dean-fitzpatrick-suddenly-cancelled-29308538.html

FUNERAL arrangements made for Dean Fitzpatrick were suddenly cancelled this morning.

Tragic Dean’s mum forgives partner who was quizzed over his death

A requiem mass was due to be held tomorrow for the young man who was stabbed in an incident on Saturday night.

The funeral is expected to be held at a later date.

The funeral site, RIP.ie had earlier carried details of the service which had been due to take place at St Brendan's church in Coolock, Dublin following 11.30am mass.

However the undertakers have now revealed that the funeral has been "cancelled" but said they could not give the reason.

The news was confirmed by a sacristan at St Brendan's who said they had been told the funeral will not now take place as planned, revealing: "the body has not been released."

A spokesperson for Beaumont hospital said they have been in contact with the family but would not be releasing information to the media.

Meanwhile a spokesperson for the gardai said they had not been given details of either the funeral or the subsequent cancellation.

The 23 year old father of one died after receiving a single stab wound to the stomach and was found outside his mother's apartment at Northern Cross on Malahide Road on Saturday night.

His stepfather, Dave Mahon (42) has admitted to the killing, describing it as a "terrible accident." He claimed he stabbed Dean in self-defence.

The victim is the brother of missing teenager, Amy Fitzpatrick, who disappeared without trace in Spain on New Year's Day 2008, after moving there with her mother and stepfather.
Anita
Anita
Wise Owl
Wise Owl

Back to top Go down

Post  rhodes Thu May 30, 2013 2:23 pm

How can you have booked a funeral less than a week after someone was stabbed?

Won't there at least be a proper investigation into what has happened?
rhodes
rhodes
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu May 30, 2013 2:24 pm

Thanks, Anita - sounds like there may be charges coming? Is Irish criminal law like the UK, where everything just suddenly goes silent?

He looks a right thug:

DAVE MAHON CHARGED WITH MURDERING DEAN FITZPATRICK, BROTHER OF MISSING AMY Dave-mahon
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next