JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
'The Search For A Missing Child Should Be Above Politics' EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
'The Search For A Missing Child Should Be Above Politics' EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
'The Search For A Missing Child Should Be Above Politics' EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
'The Search For A Missing Child Should Be Above Politics' EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
'The Search For A Missing Child Should Be Above Politics' EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
'The Search For A Missing Child Should Be Above Politics' EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
'The Search For A Missing Child Should Be Above Politics' EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
'The Search For A Missing Child Should Be Above Politics' EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
'The Search For A Missing Child Should Be Above Politics' EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

'The Search For A Missing Child Should Be Above Politics'

3 posters

Go down

'The Search For A Missing Child Should Be Above Politics' Empty 'The Search For A Missing Child Should Be Above Politics'

Post  bb1 Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:58 pm

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/news-opinion/paddy-clancy-search-madeleine-mccann-3268714

Clancy's craic: The search for Madeleine McCann, or any child, should be above politics

Mar 21, 2014 15:310
OPINION BY PADDYCLANCY

If both the UK and Portugese police forces work together, at least Maddie's family will be able to say everything was done to find their little girl.

Little Madeleine McCann is a constant reminder for me around this time every year of how devastation can be brought to a family in an instant.

Her disappearance seven years ago remains a great mystery.

Who took the three-year-old from her holiday apartment in Portugal while her parents dined nearby?

Is she still alive and, if so, is she still under guard?

Does she remember who snatched her from her bed or has she now forgotten all that happened in the past to her?

Does she even still speak English or has she adapted to the foreign language of her captor?

Or is Madeline dead, killed by a captor who has hidden her body so that not a single policeman in Portugal, her home country Britain or her other holiday rendezvous in Donegal has been able to find one trace of what happened?

None of the questions I have raised has been answered.

Appalling though they are we must remember they are probably contemplated every day by her family.

I know they occur to me every year about this time. Why?

Because when Madeline disappeared in May 2007 from Praia da Luz in the Algarve I was soon afterwards involved in reporting an aspect of her story.

She holidayed in Donegal just a few weeks before she disappeared and a few days after she vanished I spoke to Joe Peoples for the first time.

I have spoken to him a number of times since, usually around the anniversary of Maddie's disappearance.

Joe and his family run a pub in St Johnston in East Donegal which is leased from Maddie's grandmother Eileen McCann.

Eileen and her late husband were Donegal natives and they loved returning to the county with their family, including her son Gerry and his wife Kate who are Maddie's parents.

They were on their way to Dungloe for Easter 2007 when they dropped into the pub in St Johnston.

I still remember the first words of Joe Peoples as he recalled after Maddie's disappearance what she was like.

He said: "She was the centre of attention when the family called in. She was a wee dote, running around everywhere and into everything."

I've just been speaking to Joe again. He still vividly remembers little Maddie in the bar on what was the family's last totally pleasurable visit to his pub.

He hasn't seen Maddie's granny for a few years now. But each year around this time he thinks of her, and Maddie, and Gerry and Kate.

Like everybody who knew them in Donegal, he probably wonders how the McCann family continues to cope with the hell visited upon them when Maddie was snatched. I know I do!

I know, also, that their suffering might have been eased at least marginally if the Portuguese police investigation had a proper cop in charge.

Instead, they put Goncalo Amaral in charge and he decided Maddie died accidentally and the McCanns invented the abduction scene.

He was later transferred and eventually resigned from the police. A book he wrote spurred a libel action which is still before the courts.

The Portuguese police shut down the case in 2008 but reopened it last year when they said a review had justified a new inquiry.

That was after Scotland Yard got on the case.

Now, two police forces are investigating, and Scotland Yard are operating with one hand tied behind their back and not a leg permanently on the ground where the crime happened.

In the last few months British investigators have sent three international letters of request to the Portuguese authorities without, apparently, any word for a go-ahead on the ground.

This week, the Yard's Deputy Assistant Commissioner Martin Hewitt said he is frustrated at how slow the legal process has been.

He added: "We know what we want to do and we are ready to go with that. But the process is the process."

Does anybody at any senior level in the Portuguese police or the Portuguese government have a little girl that might remind them of Maddie McCann?

Do they wonder that if anything happened their little girl would two police forces act separately with one only able to operate at a fraction of its potential?

Do they ever think how much better it would be if red tape, both political and judicial, was sliced immediately without any frustrating delay?

The police in Britain, despite obstacles put in their way, have revealed a number of people who at least should be questioned, including one man who broke into British villas in the Algarve and sexually assaulted young girls in the years immediately prior to Maddie's disappearance.

It's time for everybody to remember they are trying to find out seven years later what happened to a little child. It's no time for politics.

If forces are joined even at this late stage you never know what might happen.

Even if Maddie remains missing at least her family will be able to say at last that the best endeavours have been used to find her.

That's an awful lot more than they have been able to say so far!

'The Search For A Missing Child Should Be Above Politics' Thumb_smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-024
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

'The Search For A Missing Child Should Be Above Politics' Empty Re: 'The Search For A Missing Child Should Be Above Politics'

Post  bb1 Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:01 pm

....... their suffering might have been eased at least marginally if the Portuguese police investigation had a proper cop in charge.

Instead, they put Goncalo Amaral in charge

Says it all, doesn't it?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

'The Search For A Missing Child Should Be Above Politics' Empty Re: 'The Search For A Missing Child Should Be Above Politics'

Post  lily Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:21 pm

Loud and clear, Bonny.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:55 am

Re: Paddy Clancy (Irish Mirror)
Post Not Born Yesterday Today at 12:41 pm

I have heard that Donegal people are cliquey and look out for each other.

I would be very interested to see a photo of this Joe Peoples who is frequently quoted with nausea inducing statements about the McCanns.

Why? What's it got to do with her or any of the other hounders? Oh wait, I know, they'll want to make sure he isn't making any secret Mason signs, check for photoshopping, the usual kind of conspiralunatic rubbish.

And doubtless a photo would make it easier for them to stalk, abuse and threaten his family. People who stalk pensioners in poor health to remote Welsh cottages are capable of anything.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:34 am

I disagree with "should be above politics", the search for Madeleine or for any missing child should not be above politics due to the fact of the politics of the country of the missing child or from the country where it happened the abduction or disappearance of the missing child, can help find the missing child with her safe return to her home is what really matters, because politics are elected to defend the citizens of their countries, which includes also to make pressure to find a missing child with her safe return to her home which is what is truly important.

the fact is:

the search for Madeleine or for any other missing child should be above corrupt police officers like gonçalo amaral, whose true purpose was to gain fame and fortune through lies, smears, threats, defamation written in his book of lies, to jeopardize the search for a living, findable child, accepting only the clues that allowed him to feed his own insanity, or to feed his lust for greed and fame at the expenses of innocents, whose only purpose is to have their daughter safe and sound in their arms again.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down