JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
UK to aid in 'Nigerian rescue' - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
UK to aid in 'Nigerian rescue' - Page 2 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
UK to aid in 'Nigerian rescue' - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
UK to aid in 'Nigerian rescue' - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
UK to aid in 'Nigerian rescue' - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
UK to aid in 'Nigerian rescue' - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
UK to aid in 'Nigerian rescue' - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
UK to aid in 'Nigerian rescue' - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
UK to aid in 'Nigerian rescue' - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

UK to aid in 'Nigerian rescue'

4 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

UK to aid in 'Nigerian rescue' - Page 2 Empty Re: UK to aid in 'Nigerian rescue'

Post  bb1 Fri May 09, 2014 11:38 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/1258686/kidnapped-schoolgirls-in-at-least-four-groups

Intelligence sources have told Sky News they believe they know where some of the schoolgirls kidnapped in Nigeria are.

The sources believe they have been split into at least four different groups, complicating the search to find the girls almost four weeks after they were taken by militants from Boko Haram.

British and American officials are using advanced eavesdropping equipment to scan the Sambisa forest where the schoolgirls are thought to be, Sky News understands.

*sigh*

I really, really hoped that the French Foreign Legion, or the Ghurkas or similar, would be taking the lead in this and working QUIETLY. Unfortunately, it looks like it's the Shiny Toy Squad, and they're telling the media what they're doing.

Which means they are also telling the kidnappers, as their dislike of the Western world never extends to doing without smartphones or radios.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

UK to aid in 'Nigerian rescue' - Page 2 Empty Re: UK to aid in 'Nigerian rescue'

Post  lily Sat May 10, 2014 12:09 am

Meanwhile in the real world, those schoolchildren are scared and missing.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat May 10, 2014 3:58 pm

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/may/9/pentagon-no-drones-help-nigerian-girls-us-state-de/

I would have thought this is one of the few occasions when drones could be put to GOOD use, by gathering information without people crashing around on strange territory and letting every scumbag for miles know they were coming.

Now, the United States is working toward providing subject matter experts that will assist the Nigerian government with finding the girls, Ms. Psaki said.
That team will participate in an interagency coordination and assessment cell in Abuja, Nigeria, Pentagon spokesman Col. Steve Warren said.
The interdisciplinary cell will be comprised of people from law enforcement, FBI and the U.S. military, Adm. Kirby said.

None of that fills me with any hope, I am sorry to say.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat May 10, 2014 4:19 pm

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/05/08/opinion/nigeria-boko-haram-richard-dowden/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

That's quite a good piece, and I am glad someone has pointed out that this hashtag campaign has actually given the scumbags what they wanted. I don't recall Israel ever making so much noise when they have been successfully rescuing hostages in the past.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat May 10, 2014 4:39 pm

That's because Israelis are smart.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun May 11, 2014 12:03 am

I've just had a wonderful idea! Instead of hundreds of foreigners crashing around in the Nigerian jungle, and possibly getting the kidnapped girls and themselves killed...

Why doesn't Obama just phone his half-brother in Kenya and ask him to intercede and negotiate the girls' release! After all, Malik Obama is a hard-line Muslim, and he's as good as on the spot.

Malik is a practicing Muslim, but his embrace of militant Islam, including Hamas – a U.S.-designated terrorist organization – is curious because he has expressed a desire to run for president in Kenya, a predominantly Christian nation.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2548243/Obamas-half-brother-photographed-wearing-Hamas-scarf-boasts-Jerusalem-WE-ARE-COMING.html#ixzz31MAnCuQ6
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Malik Obama is bound to have contacts with the scumbags at, say, third-hand, and I'm sure he would be delighted to help his half-brother free the girls.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sun May 11, 2014 12:10 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2624714/Michelle-Obama-White-Houses-weekly-radio-address-demand-justice-Boko-Haram-kidnap-victims.html

I think that's an excellent idea Bonny.

After all he's closer to where they are and totally understands the culture etc. and can request back up in the form of drones?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun May 11, 2014 12:16 am

I am sure it would be more effective than twittering and giving the scumbags publicity. And less likely to get rescuers and abductees killed.

I'm surprised Obama hasn't given his brother a call and asked for help.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sun May 11, 2014 12:19 am

Maybe he has and said he wanted to hear it from his wife? Hence that article.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun May 11, 2014 12:25 am

Ah yes! That must be it, the twittering's just a diversion - no-one would be daft enough to think bloodthirsty, crazed terrorists would pay the slightest bit of attention to a bunch of celebs and wannabees on a hashtag.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sun May 11, 2014 12:28 am

At least we know we can all relax and let those in the know deal with it now.

What has happened to those girls is horrendous and I hope they get released. However, if the celebrities want to tweet about it, then they can figure out how to do it and maybe help by going over there.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun May 11, 2014 5:19 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/1259461/nigerian-govt-in-contact-with-boko-haram

The Nigerian government is indirectly in contact with the Islamist group which abducted 273 schoolgirls, Sky News sources say.

Intelligence sources said neighbouring countries Chad, Cameroon and Niger are also providing satellite imagery to help find the girls.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sun May 11, 2014 6:39 pm

Well done to them and lets hope they succeed in formulating a plan and getting them out to safety.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon May 12, 2014 5:34 pm

The scumbags have released a video of many of the girls:

http://news.sky.com/story/1259821/boko-haram-video-claims-to-show-missing-girls

and want to make a deal:

A new video issued by Boko Haram claims to show some of the nearly 300 schoolgirls missing in Nigeria, who the Islamist group's leader says have converted to Islam.

Abubakar Shekau reportedly said the girls would not be released until his fighters being held in prison are freed.

More than 300 youngsters were abducted from a school on April 14 from the northeastern town of Chibok, in Borno state. Fifty-three managed to escape but 276 are still missing.

UK to aid in 'Nigerian rescue' - Page 2 Cegrab-20140512-110354-139-1-522x293

The girls were shown wearing Hijabs and praying

The girls look miserable, but then, most women in these ghastly places run by these scumbags look miserable.

As said scumbags are having no trouble sending out videos, how hard can it be to find them? Perhaps the would-be rescuers could start with the leader's facebook page?

https://www.facebook.com/abubakaribn.muhammedshekau1

And I wish I was making that up.....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon May 12, 2014 5:44 pm

I know you aren't making it up, Bonny.  mad 
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon May 12, 2014 5:52 pm

Well, why not just go to FB and find out what his ISP is, where he is posting from? He can't be that far from a broadband signal - and that looks like a stone wall in the background of the full size version that picture. You don't normally find stone walls in the middle of dense jungles.

I expect he was watching and enjoying every single bit of attention he was getting from those idiots on twitter showing how concerned they were.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon May 12, 2014 6:02 pm

Of course they know how to find them. The intelligence agencies would be called the unintelligent agencies if they didn't know. They can listen in on people around the world can't they? FB would be easy - it's headquartered in California.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue May 13, 2014 10:22 am

http://news.sky.com/story/1260307/us-planes-hunting-for-nigeria-kidnapped-girls

The US is flying "manned" intelligence missions over Nigeria to try to track down nearly 300 schoolgirls kidnapped by Boko Haram fighters.

Washington has also shared "commercial satellite imagery" with the Nigerian military in the hunt for the missing teenagers, a senior US official said.

Experts are examining a new video issued by Boko Haram claiming to show about 130 of the youngsters, who the group claims have converted to Islam.

US State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki said: "Our intelligence experts are combing through every detail of the video for clues that might help ongoing efforts to secure the release of the girls.

"We have no reason to question its authenticity."

Why don't they just ask Zuckerberg for the scumbag's FB ISP?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue May 13, 2014 2:11 pm

Quite, Bonny. You can bet he would love to help.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Tue May 13, 2014 7:23 pm

to secure the release of the girls, that is what really matters.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed May 14, 2014 10:00 am

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/05/14/nigeria-opens-door-for-talks-with-kidnappers/

Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., said Tuesday he would like to see U.S. troops sent to Nigera to rescue the girls, whether the Nigerian government gives permission or not.

"If they knew where they were, I certainly would send in U.S. troops to rescue them, in a New York minute I would, without permission of the host country," McCain told The Daily Beast. "I wouldn’t be waiting for some kind of permission from some guy named Goodluck Jonathan."

McCain said that if he were president, he would be prepositioning U.S. special forces to be prepared to enter Nigeria and rescue the girls.

“I would not be involved in the niceties of getting the Nigerian government to agree, because if we did rescue these people, there would be nothing but gratitude from the Nigerian government, such as it is,” he told The Daily Beast.

What bit of, Not your country, does he fail to grasp? And no, Nigeria would NOT be grateful - no nation would.

US troops would doubtless not only get theirselves killed, as they so frequently do in every environment outside a Call of Duty screen, they would also get most of the girls killed in 'friendly fire', as they are so good at these days.

Mossad, the SAS, Gurkas, French Foreign Legion - all are first class in these situations. Macho men who are useless without their shiny electronic toys are a menace to everyone.

Oh, and it's not their country, though doubtless Nigeria will now be going on the To Be Droned, list.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed May 14, 2014 2:19 pm

He should butt out.

Is he going to run for president in 2016?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed May 14, 2014 2:22 pm

I hope not, he's insane. Or rather, even more insane than the rest.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed May 14, 2014 2:27 pm

An observation - it has been said that many of the kidnapped girls have been forcibly converted to Islam. Under the Islamic Law. should they be released and reunited with their families and then revert to Christianity or Animalism they will be classed as apostates and punished for this transgression by death. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed May 14, 2014 2:32 pm

That thought occurred to me, LL, though I don't know much about exactly how it works. Some of them are probably 'married' to their captors now, as well.

Any rescue is, IMO, a job for professionals, requiring subtlety, patience and proper local knowledge, not charging around unasked like bulls in a china shop, which will almost certainly end up with dead girls.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next