JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Hague stepping down as Foreign Secretary EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Hague stepping down as Foreign Secretary EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Hague stepping down as Foreign Secretary EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Hague stepping down as Foreign Secretary EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Hague stepping down as Foreign Secretary EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Hague stepping down as Foreign Secretary EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Hague stepping down as Foreign Secretary EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Hague stepping down as Foreign Secretary EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Hague stepping down as Foreign Secretary EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Hague stepping down as Foreign Secretary

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hague stepping down as Foreign Secretary Empty Hague stepping down as Foreign Secretary

Post  bb1 Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:07 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/1301017/william-hague-steps-down-as-foreign-secretary

William Hague Steps Down As Foreign Secretary
10:02pm UK, Monday 14 July 2014

Hague stepping down as Foreign Secretary Rtr3fq18-1-522x293

William Hague is stepping down as Foreign Secretary as David Cameron's Cabinet reshuffle gets under way.

Mr Hague will become Leader of the House Of Commons before he stands down as an MP at the next General Election in 2015.

Downing Street said he would also "help to coordinate Government policy, while also becoming a leading campaigner in key constituencies, particularly in the north of England".

He also will be the Prime Minister's Special Representative on Preventing Sexual Violence in Conflict.

Mr Hague said: "By the time of the General Election next year, I will have served 26 years in the House of Commons and it will be 20 years since I first joined the Cabinet.

"In government there is a balance to strike between experience on the one hand and the need for renewal on the other, and I informed the Prime Minister last summer that I would not be a candidate at the next General Election.

"Accordingly I am stepping aside as Foreign Secretary, in order to focus all my efforts on supporting the government in Parliament and gaining a Conservative victory in the General Election."

The Prime Minister said: "William Hague has been one of the leading lights of the Conservative Party for a generation, leading the party and serving in two cabinets. Not only has he been a first class Foreign Secretary - he has also been a close confidante, a wise counsellor and a great friend.

"He will remain as First Secretary of State and my de facto political deputy in the run up to the election - and it is great to know that he will be a core part of the team working to ensure an outright Conservative victory at the next election."

Meanwhile, Ken Clarke is retiring from Government and other high-profile Tory MPs have emerged as casualties of the reshuffle.

Mr Cameron is expected to promote more women into key posts ahead of next year's general election.

Mr Clarke, 74, is stepping down as minister without portfolio, bringing to an end a front bench career stretching back to 1972.

Minister of State for Police and Criminal Justice Damian Green has been sacked in a "shock" move and Attorney General Dominic Grieve QC has also left the government.

International Development Minister Alan Duncan is standing down at his own request.

Transport Minister Stephen Hammond and Cabinet Office Minister Nick Hurd are also out.

Mr Jones is set to be replaced by Pembrokeshire MP Stephen Crabb, according to Sky sources.

Sky's Political Editor Adam Boulton said: "It's the biggest upheaval in David Cameron's government since he came to power in 2010.

"He is clearly cutting out a lot of - as people are saying - 'pale, male and stale' ministers.

"A lot of them frankly are thought to be doing quite good jobs in their ministerial positions."

More follows...
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Hague stepping down as Foreign Secretary Empty Re: Hague stepping down as Foreign Secretary

Post  bb1 Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:08 pm

OK, I don't believe a word of this. No way would Hague be stepping down voluntarily right NOW.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Hague stepping down as Foreign Secretary Empty Re: Hague stepping down as Foreign Secretary

Post  lily Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:11 pm

Pcorneater Pcorneater 
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:14 pm

Not only has he been a first class Foreign Secretary -

Yes, well, apart from a few minor incidents like announcing Gaddafi had fled to Venezuela and poncing around like a male model with Ketchup Kerry and Anjelina Jolie.....

The worst part is, whoever replaces him will be even worse.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:22 pm

Hague stepping down as Foreign Secretary BsiIX91IcAAXrL2

As if it makes any difference whether an incompetent idiot is a male or female incompetent idiot! How patronising.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:25 pm

There's rumours flying that Esther McVey is going to be promoted. That should set the conspiraloons off, bigtime.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:32 pm

I'm not a fan of these stories, they always seem to involve an awful lot of smoke and very little fire, but....

Senior Tory cabinet ministers were supplied with underage boys for sex parties, it is sensationally claimed.

Former Conservative activist Anthony Gilberthorpe said he told Margaret Thatcher 25 years ago about what he had witnessed and gave her names of those involved.

His allegations that he saw top Tories having sex with boys comes after David Cameron launched a Government inquiry into claims of a cover-up.

Anthony, 52, said: “I am prepared to speak to the inquiry. I believe I am a key witness.”

Trawling seedy streets during a Tory conference, Gilberthorpe says he was asked to find underage rent boys for a private sex party at a top hotel.

Today, more than three decades later, he claims he was acting on the orders of some of the most senior figures of Margaret Thatcher’s government.

Anthony says he was a ­full-time ­political activist when he helped procure the “youngest and prettiest” boys for several cabinet ministers after being told to find “entertainment”.

In a series of explosive claims about conferences at Blackpool and Brighton in the 1980s, he alleges boys as young as 15 indulged in alcohol and cocaine before they had sex with the powerful politicians.

He says one person who attended a party is a current serving minister.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tory-child-abuse-whistleblower-i-3848987#ixzz37TrzHV7x
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Ken Clarke, who has also just quit, was a leftover from the Thatcher era.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:57 pm

Hague stepping down as Foreign Secretary BsiNd7ZIMAAQaZ2

Sorry, not believing you get rid of your Foreign Secretary at a time like this because he's a middle-aged bloke.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:28 am

Especially when you replace him with another middle-aged bloke that's even more right-wing and warmongering than Hague:

http://news.sky.com/story/1301017/gove-leaves-education-job-as-hague-quits

Hague stepping down as Foreign Secretary 178194790-1-252x337

He hates gays, Europe, Russkis, etc.......just about anyone that isn't a white, middle-aged male, in face. Oh, and rich like him.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  muratfan Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:48 am

To me it makes sense. For all Labours posturing, they are not going to get in power at the next election. So with Hague stepping down as an MP and that it makes sense someone else comes in who would most probably be in the job after the election
muratfan
muratfan
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:04 pm

Ah, but why has Hague really quit 'to write history books'? On the same day as Clarke quits?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  muratfan Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:07 pm

Ken Clarke quit before he was pushed. Clarke has been useless.
muratfan
muratfan
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:51 pm

To be honest, I thought Clarke was dead, I am none too sure what he did....

Time will tell, but rumours are flying that a mega-scandal is about to engulf the Tory party.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:54 pm

bb1 wrote:To be honest, I thought Clarke was dead, I am none too sure what he did....

Time will tell, but rumours are flying that a mega-scandal is about to engulf the Tory party.
Not another one! I bet that's Tom Watson flapping his lip, he just sallivates at the idea of scandals in other parties, but is very quiet when something happens in his own. Rumors, tittle-tattle, happens all the time. That's why I steer clear of politics. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:04 pm

This one's slightly different, LL, it's escaped from the world of conspiraloonacy and gone mainstream:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tory-child-abuse-whistleblower-i-3848987#ixzz37TrzHV7x
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:23 pm

bb1 wrote:This one's slightly different, LL, it's escaped from the world of conspiraloonacy and gone mainstream:

How very convenient, coming up to a General Election in, as I recall, a year and a half. Makes a change I suppose from the Germans kicking out US spies. And how come this activist kept stumm for 25 years - now what does that remind me of? LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:35 pm

I don't like conspiraloonacy, LL, as far as I am concerned, it's just bread and circuses rubbish to take the voters' eyes off the genuine plotting and scheming involving those time-honoured favourites, money and power.

BUT - there's something very stinky being covered up at Westminster, IMO, and the lid is coming off the boiling pot. How leading LibDems could claim to have known nothing about Cyril Smith, I do not know. Rumours abounded when the old monster was alive, FFS.

This one is liable to top Profumo and Jeremy Thorpe. And I still want to see Justice for Rinka!  biggrin 

Hague stepping down as Foreign Secretary 4188REHB4ZL._SY445_
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:46 pm

bb1 wrote:Ah, but why has Hague really quit 'to write history books'? On the same day as Clarke quits?

To spend more time with his family?
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:50 pm

I've detested Hague ever since I first saw him crawling to Thatcher as a child prodigy Tory....

Hague stepping down as Foreign Secretary RECORDS+Hagu_3_2

And his activities over the years have done nothing to change my mind. There is NO way he would resign voluntarily, he's way too fond of strutting the world's stage being important.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:01 pm

Who's Rinka?   Don't remember a UK MP of that name, but then I know far less about UK politics than Austrian politics.   LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:13 pm

Rinka was the dog owned by Thorpe's alleged male lover, Norman Scott. She was shot dead on Dartmoor as part of an alleged plot by Thorpe and other Liberals to silence Scott:

http://www.express.co.uk/expressyourself/99798/The-downfall-of-Jeremy-Thorpe

Scott, who now lived in Thorpe’s constituency, was making more trouble with outbursts. Money had failed to silence him. According to one of Thorpe’s closest friends David Holmes, who had now been drawn into the affair, the Liberal leader was “so obsessed” with Scott that “he conceived an almost manic desire to have him killed”. Thus, said the prosecution at the Old Bailey, was born the conspiracy to murder Scott.

It was said that Holmes and Bessell brought in two other men to assist in the plan, businessman George Deakin and carpet retailer John Le Mesurier. According to Bessell various schemes were devised for getting rid of Scott. One was to lure him to a bar and lace his drink with poison. Another was to push him down a disused mine shaft but eventually a more straightforward plan was drawn up: a shooting by a lone gunman.

Airline pilot Andrew Newton, who was looking to raise a lot of cash quickly to fund his hedonistic lifestyle, was reportedly hired for between £10,000 and £20,000 to do the deed.

But the plot went horribly wrong. As instructed, Newton, posing as a journalist, met Scott in Devon and then with Scott’s Great Dane Rinka in tow drove out to Dartmoor. There, in his account, he ordered Scott and the dog out of the car before shooting Rinka and turning the gun on Scott.

But the firearm jammed and Scott ran off into the mists of Dartmoor. Furious with his ineptitude Newton drove away. A short time later Scott was found weeping at the road over the corpse of his dog. The Thorpe affair had become a criminal matter.

The whole scandal eventually led to Thorpe standing trial for hiring a gunman to kill Scott. To the amazement of most of the nation, Thorpe was found Not Guilty but it was the end of his career.

It might have been better if he HAD had Scott shot, instead of the dog. Allegedly.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:22 pm

Thanks, how totally boring and puerile.   I am glad I declined an offer when I was much younger to stand as a UK MP.  I would have been totally out of my depth if I had agreed.  Sticking to what I knew best was a very sensible decision, I would have been a fish out of water amongst all this wheeling and dealing. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:25 pm

It's very unsavoury, isn't it?

I somehow suspect that if Thorpe had personally shot his alleged lover and pled insanity, he might have had some public sympathy. It was the fact that it was the dog that got shot that finished him, after a verdict about as convincing as OJ's.....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:07 pm

Marion Whatshername must have thought he was innocent, and stuck by him through thick and thin, until she died a short time ago

PS. I was upset about the dog.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:11 pm

Yes, it was the dog getting shot that really upset everyone, not political bedhopping.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next