JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Robin Williams  at 63 - suspected suicide.   EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Robin Williams  at 63 - suspected suicide.   EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Robin Williams  at 63 - suspected suicide.   EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Robin Williams  at 63 - suspected suicide.   EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Robin Williams  at 63 - suspected suicide.   EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Robin Williams  at 63 - suspected suicide.   EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Robin Williams  at 63 - suspected suicide.   EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Robin Williams  at 63 - suspected suicide.   EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Robin Williams  at 63 - suspected suicide.   EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Robin Williams at 63 - suspected suicide.

4 posters

Go down

Robin Williams  at 63 - suspected suicide.   Empty Robin Williams at 63 - suspected suicide.

Post  lily Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:40 am

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/robin-williams-dies-suspected-suicide-724724

This is such a shock. I truly liked this guy who I knew and who was so immensely talented. I saw his career go through the roof after Mork & Mindy.

He could be so quiet and thoughtful and yet such an energetic fire ball in a blink. RIP Robin. You were a one off uber talent and sweet man.  hug 
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Robin Williams  at 63 - suspected suicide.   Empty Re: Robin Williams at 63 - suspected suicide.

Post  Lamplighter Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:47 am

What a shame. I met him a few time while I was working in LA and found him a great person to talk to. He would joke about my height. He will be truly missed. RIP Robin. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Robin Williams  at 63 - suspected suicide.   Empty Re: Robin Williams at 63 - suspected suicide.

Post  bb1 Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:28 am

Oh, that's awful, I am so sorry to hear about this.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:38 pm

I agree with comments above written.

Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:44 pm

My friends, this was taken from Correio da Manhã newspaper:

http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/detalhe/noticias/lazer/cultura/morreu-robin-williams

Robin Williams Died

Actor and comedian Robin Williams died at age 63. (Updated at 8:51 a.m. on Tuesday, 12 days)

The American actor Robin Williams was found dead on Monday at his home in California.

Authorities are investigating the causes of death, but early indications point to suicide by asphyxiation, according to Reuters. "At this point, the Department of Forensic Medicine of the Marin County Police suspect suicide by asphyxiation," reads the statement circulated today.

According to the site specializes in Celebrity News Entertainment Weekly, which quotes the agent of actor Robin Williams was "fighting a severe depression" and is considered a "tragic and sudden loss."

His wife, Susan Schneider, issued a statement which read:.. "'m Shattered On behalf of Robin's family ask for privacy at this time grief and mourning While we remember, we hope that the focus is not on death but on the Robin endless moments of joy and laughter that he gave millions of people ".

Winner of an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor for his role in the movie 'Good Will Hunting' in 1998 (see video at the end of the text of the speech after winning the award), Williams was fighting a depression, having also given entry into a rehab a few months ago to stay sober. For more than 20 years that the actor did not consume drugs, after the excesses committed in relation to the abuse of narcotic substances.

CLICK ON IMAGE TO SEE THE ACTOR Gallery

Born in 1951, throughout his career Robin Williams played several roles that are in movie history, such as the military Adrian Cronauer in "Good Morning, Vietnam" (1987); Professor John Keating in the film 'Dead Poets Society' (1989); and the homeless Parry in 'The Fisher King' (1991), where opposite Daniel Day-Lewis. These three films have earned him as many Oscar nominations - as in 1992 he was appointed to the movie 'The Fisher King' - but it was only in the skin of psychologist Sean Maguire, and with the responsibility of taming the 'Good Will Hunting' Matt Damon, who rose to stardom in Hollywood, achieving the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor in 1998.

Robin Williams's career began on television. He debuted in the box that changed the world in the fifth season of the show 'Happy Days' ('Happy Days'), broadcast on ABC between 1974 and 84 Williams appeared in the episode "My Favorite Orkan", Mork playing the role of a alien sent from a planet (Ork) in which the comedy was prohibited. Eventually, the character gained such popularity that the actor was entitled to a spin-off, 'Mork & Mindy'. In this new series, sharing a room with Mork Mindy McConnell, a human who tries to give you some light on life on earth.

But it was the film that Williams became known worldwide. The site specializes in statistics and information film Internet Movie Database records 103 credits that represent interests in films or television series, particularly in the last two decades, in blockbuster movies like 'Good Morning Vietnam' in 1989 or 'The Club Dead Poets' in 1997.

His latest films to hit the cinemas were 'The Angriest Man in Brooklyn' and 'Boulevard', both released this year even though they have not yet been shown in Portugal.

A CAREER FULL OF ROBIN WILLIAMS IN CINEMA

1977 - Can I Do It 'Till I Need Glasses? (Can Do This Until I Have Glasses?)
1980 - Popeye (Popeye)
1982 - The World According to Garp (The World According to Garp)
1983 - The Survivors (The Survivors)
1984 - Moscow on the Hudson (A Russo in New York)
1986 - Seize the Day (Grabs the Day)
1986 - Club Paradise (Club Paradise)
1986 - The Best of Times (Best of Times)
1987 - Good Morning, Vietnam (Good Morning, Vietnam)
1988 - The Adventures of Baron Munchausen (The Adventures of Baron Munchausen)
1988 - Portrait of a White Marriage (Portrait of a White Marriage)
1988 - Rabbit Ears: Pecos Bill (Rabbit Ears: Pecos Bill)
1989 - Dead Poets Society (The Dead Poets Society)
1989 - I'm from Hollywood (I'm from Hollywood)
1990 - Cadillac Man (A Seductive In Trouble)
1990 - Awakenings (Awakenings)
1990 - Back to Neverland (Back to Neverland)
1991 - Dead Again (Live Again)
1991 - The Fisher King (The Fisher King)
1991 - Hook
1991 - Rabbit Ears: The Fool and the Flying Ship
1992 - Toys (The Manufacturer of Dreams)
1992 - Aladdin
1992 - Time to Time
1992 - FernGully: The Last Rainforest (The Adventures of Zak and Crysta in the Rainforest)
1992 - Shakes the Clown
1993 - Mrs. Doubtfire (Daddy Forever)
1993 - Being Human
1994 - In Search of Dr. Seuss
1995 - Jumanji
1995 - To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar (The Three Musketeers Love)
1995 - Nine Months (Nine Months)
1996 - Aladdin and the King of Thieves (Aladdin and the King of Thieves)
1996 - Hamlet
1996 - The Secret Agent (Secret Agent)
1996 - Jack
1996 - The Birdcage (The Birdcage)
1997 - Good Will Hunting (Good Will Hunting)
1997 - Flubber (Professor Distracted)
1997 - Deconstructing Harry
1997 - Fathers 'Day (Fathers' Day)
1998 - Patch Adams
1998 - Junket Whore
1998 - What Dreams May Come (Beyond the Horizon)
1999 - Bicentennial Man (Bicentennial Man)
1999 - Jakob the Liar
1999 - Get Bruce
2000 - Model Behavior
2001 - AI Artificial Intelligence (AI - Artificial Intelligence)
2002 - The Rutles 2: Can not Buy Me Lunch
2002 - Insomnia
2002 - Death to Smoochy (Smoochy)
2002 - One Hour Photo (Rear Camera)
2004 - Noel (A Christmas Miracle)
2004 - House of D (Reliving the Past)
2004 - The Final Cut (Breach of Privacy)
2005 - The Big White (Who Is Always Appears Dead)
2005 - Robots (Robots)
2005 - The Aristocrats
2006 - Man of the Year
2006 - Night at the Museum (Night at the Museum)
2006 - Happy Feet
2006 - Everyone's Hero
2006 - RV (Runaway With the House)
2006 - The Night Listener
2007 - License to Wed (License to Wed)
2007 - August Rush (August Rush - August Rush)
2009 - Shrink
2009 - World's Greatest Dad
2009 - Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian (Night at the Museum 2)
2009 - Old Dogs
2011 - Happy Feet 2
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:48 pm

I always enjoyed the film "dead poets society: one of his best films, also jumanji, good morning vietnam".
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:48 pm

Thank you, Pedro. Insomnia was one of my personal favourites - an unusual role for him.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:07 pm

For me, Dead Again, Mrs Doubtfire and Adventures of Baron Munchhausen. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:39 pm

you welcome bb1.

Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:42 pm

Who can forget....

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:55 pm

I know.....am so sad for him that he needed to take his life.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/robin-williams-death/robin-williams-committed-suicide-hanging-himself-police-say-n178771

I totally adored the movie Birdcage. Robin doing his John Wayne impression but I have chosen this clip.

http://movieclips.com/ivnuE-the-birdcage-movie-wigging-out/
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:04 pm

That's hilarious, Lily, thanks.  smile 

To be honest, I haven't read much about his passing beyond the headlines, I don't like ghoulery and speculation and I just knew the media would be full of it, with tittle tattlers coming out of the woodwork.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:29 pm

Bonny, I haven't read much either. I saw that article and thought it was enough.

It is difficult for me to say which movies are my favorite as I love so many. I do remember the excitement in his team about his first one, Popeye.

His stand up routines were legendary and I was privileged to have been invited to some.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:08 am

Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:46 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/1318797/robin-williams-had-parkinsons-disease

Robin Williams Had Parkinson's Disease
The film star was not ready to share publicly that he was confronting early stages of the degenerative disease, his wife says.

Robin Williams was in the early stages of Parkinson's Disease before his death, according to a statement released by his widow.

Susan Schneider said the actor "was not yet ready to share publicly" his struggles with Parkinson's Disease.

In a statement she asked to be run in its entirety, Ms Schneider said:

"Robin spent so much of his life helping others. Whether he was entertaining millions on stage, film or television, our troops on the frontlines, or comforting a sick child - Robin wanted us to laugh and to feel less afraid.

"Since his passing, all of us who loved Robin have found some solace in the tremendous outpouring of affection and admiration for him from the millions of people whose lives he touched.

"His greatest legacy, besides his three children, is the joy and happiness he offered to others, particularly to those fighting personal battles.

"Robin's sobriety was intact and he was brave as he struggled with his own battles of depression, anxiety as well as early stages of Parkinson's Disease, which he was not yet ready to share publicly.

"It is our hope in the wake of Robin's tragic passing, that others will find the strength to seek the care and support they need to treat whatever battles they are facing so they may feel less afraid."

More follows...

Poor man - and so much for all the ghoulish speculation.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:01 pm

It all makes sense now. Poor guy is right, Bonny.

The public got to experience the brilliantly talented comic guy who could keep going but the people who knew him frequently saw a different person. Very quiet and thoughtful. Sweet and kind. That's the guy who was deeply pained by his news.

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad 
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down