JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Referendum aftermath - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Referendum aftermath - Page 5 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Referendum aftermath - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Referendum aftermath - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Referendum aftermath - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Referendum aftermath - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Referendum aftermath - Page 5 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Referendum aftermath - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Referendum aftermath - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Referendum aftermath

5 posters

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Referendum aftermath - Page 5 Empty Re: Referendum aftermath

Post  Sabot Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:35 pm

Don't let it get you down, Bonny. It isn't over. By the time The English, Irish and Welsh have finished ripping the lights out of Westminster, David Cameron will wish that Scotland had won it's independence.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:52 pm

I'm not down, Sabot, I've been around Scots politics for longer than I care to remember, but I am angry with the stupid, I'm all right Jack, Westminster loves us, they mean it this time, 55%. I'm reading that 70% of the 16 and 17 year olds voted YES; no prizes for guessing which age group voted the exact reverse.

Those of us that remember 1979, when dead people voted NO, and ex-prime ministers promised Jam Tomorrow and we got Thatcher instead, know what's coming next. Will it affect me personally? Apart from the passport business, not greatly, I'm pretty much all right, Jack. But it is going to bring utter, complete, misery and poverty to hundreds of thousands of other Scots, just like it did last time. The smug 55s needn't bother moaning to the rest of us, they CHOSE what's heading their way. As they would know, if they paid attention to anything more demanding than cake-baking contests.

It's like waves - every time they come in, the mark they leave is a bit higher, and we've come a very long way since 1979. I hoped for a quick, clean break, but instead it's going to be very messy and drawn out.

Any of the 55s that are deluding themselves that English Tory MPs, Boris Johnston and Farage are going to do anything besides plant large boots on their faces at the first possible opportunity are in for a very rude awakening.

I'm hearing from friends that Scotland's a dreary place this morning. The media are flooding south again, North Britain having been put in its place yet again, the only people celebrating are UKIP and the Labour lords and ladies in waiting. Oh, and the Stock Exchange and Wall Street.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  erngath Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:11 pm

Too many scared, selfish old folk who had no care for the future generations of Scotland.
I asked our eldest grandson, who just missed the vote by a few months, what would he vote if he could. He said yes, and this addded to my desire to vote yes. There is a strange uneasy feeling this morning, dread about what the future will be and an even bigger dread of the right wing politics that seems to be creeping ever further in England.

There are many folk who predict that the bribe package will not be fullfilled but it seems it was enough for some.

erngath
Wise Owl
Wise Owl

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:26 pm

Too many scared, selfish old folk who had no care for the future generations of Scotland.

Also, the very ones that don't use the internet, erngath. They believe the rubbish in the Mail and the outright lies from the BBC because they don't get information from anywhere else. They don't know that at the very time Vows were being printed on the cover of the Daily Record, Hague and the Lords, and English MPs, were making it very clear that Jam Tomorrow was NOT on the menu.

For which I don't blame English MPs, they're not paid to represent me. But been lied to yet again, and they've gone along with the lies yet again. I confess, I will find it hard to feel sorry for any of the 55s when it dawns on them that they've gone back to the abusive spouse, the door's closed, and there's a real hiding coming their way. I'll save my sympathies for the 45% who want a decent life for their families, and hope for the next generation.

I share your dread of the rise of the Right in England, we have had a glimpse of their ugly, snarling faces in this campaign, and it isn't pretty.

The champagne being shoved down greedy necks and the coke being shoved up greedy noses in Westminster, and the financial markets this morning, would keep a food bank going for years. And that there are even food banks to begin with is an obscenity. As is people being dumb enough to vote to say, Yes, we approve of MPs with their noses stuck in the public trough, we approve of perverts in the London corridors of power.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:31 pm

Lord Ashcroft
‏@LordAshcroft
How they voted: 16-17 year-olds 71-29 for YES, 65+ 73-27 for NO. Labour voters 63-37 for NO. pic.twitter.com/lnFap4E3Pm

Referendum aftermath - Page 5 Bx4nobeIcAA1lGu

There you go. You can see EXACTLY who did it.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:49 pm

Referendum aftermath - Page 5 10703800_326320800882494_450399608437415790_n

Referendum aftermath - Page 5 10675715_326388927542348_5911647266962127736_n

Well, that didn't take long. Two years of broken promises should concentrate minds wonderfully.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:53 pm

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/sep/19/david-cameron-english-question-ed-miliband-scotland?CMP=twt_gu

Cameron answers 'English question' and conjures nightmare for Miliband
English votes for English laws pledge could tighten the Tories grip on power and reduce Scotland's voice at Westminster

The English question, long buried, has rushed to the centre of British politics as David Cameron announced that devolution of further powers to Scotland will be dependent on a broader agreement that, in future, English MPs alone will vote on English issues.

The prime minister, of course, did not make this clear when he made his vow to the Scottish people in the Daily Record along with Nick Clegg and Ed Miliband. He kept silent because he knows the issue is so entangled that it would have diluted his devolution pledge, given at a time when polls were suggesting Scotland might vote yes.

Told you so.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:56 pm

Comment:

Well you've got to hand it to him.
It's not even one full day after the Scots have voted to remain as Vichy England, and he's already points ahead before the bells gone to start round one of a bout the Scots will be obliged to fight with one hand tied behind their back, knees broken and a dunces hat on their head.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:58 pm

So there we have it. Just a few hours after the result is announced, Cameron effectively admits that his 'pledge' on Devo Max (a development he had up until then always opposed, much as the Lib Dem leadership opposed the pledge on tuition fees until they were made to adopt it by the party membership) was a big fat lie.
Saying that you'll deliver it only if you get something else which is favourable to your own party and reduces Scottish influence in the UK, is not the same thing as a 'pledge' or a 'vow'.
Well done Guardian. That's now twice you've been taken in by lying politicians and their dishonest pledges.
Really, really well done Guardian for being the side of these lying politicians who invaded Iraq on false premises (a war opposed by the SNP and all Celtic 'nationalist' parties), created hundreds of billions pounds out of thin air to give to incompetent bankers, while at the same time claimed that there's not enough money to help the disabled and the poor, and have been gradually trying to privatise the NHS by attempting to negotiate trade agreements with the US which you, Guardian, are doing a great job of largely ignoring. Well done.
The only hopeful side to all of these developments is that the exclusion of non-English MPs from these votes would ultimately strengthen the case for independence. Except this time it may not just be Scotland leaving the UK.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:04 pm

I knew I'd heard 45 somewhere before. !745 The start of The Jacobite Uprising. Some 40 years after The Glorious Union.

Short memories have some.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:26 pm

Ironic, isn't it? Funny thing, it isn't the 45s that are hanging their heads in shame this morning, it's the ProudScotsButs. That demographic says it all. They stole the future from Scotland's young people.

I am heart-sorry for Andy Murray and his family. He's had horrible abuse over the years from the Mail-dwelling Little Englanders, and it will get worse for them now.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:46 pm

My son is really upset, he was born in the Orkneys like me. The results from there are:
Scottish independence: Orkney votes No in referendum
19 September 2014 Last updated at 02:22 BST
Orkney has voted against independence by 67% to 33%.
Turnout in the area was 83.7% with No winning by 10,004 to the Yes campaign's 4,883.
He's going to be very hard to calm down, in an email he is already asking that we sell all the properties we still have in Scotland, especially the farm on the Orkneys and considering tearing up his passport. He can be a bit OTT at times, but I do know how he feels!! LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:58 pm

Referendum aftermath - Page 5 Bx4nobeIcAA1lGu

Look at the breakdown by age, LL, and you will see who did it. The old broke the hearts of the young.

Tell your son to calm down and remember that 45% of Scots want out of the union. That figure is only going to rise over the next few years.

Cameron's ALREADY going back on all those fine words; none of the Vows can be kept before the 2015 general election. England is going to swing very much to the Right and may even try to leave the EU. It's going in a completely different direction from Scotland and it's going to be an even bigger mess than it is now.

There's a Holyrood election in 2016, and the SNP/Independence parties are going to wipe the floor with the sh*tes that came out with such a pack of lies.

And then we will have another referendum, whether London likes it or not. Without the whole weight of the British Establishment issuing threats and bribes.

Oh, and let's see how long it takes Cameron to start another illegal bombing war now he can stop pretending to care about Scotland.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:24 pm

Some Tory Pillock on Radio 4 has just said, "Now we can get together and defend ourselves against outside threats."
Funny how you see words differently after something like this.

France is already Air Striking them by the way, and will continue. Not sure if I care or not. Except it's probably Hollande trying to recover his underpants and pretend he didn't say that he despises the poor, to his then First Mistress. Christ knows where he is getting his oats at the moment.

The way things are going I could become Stateless. Then what shall I do with that happy possibility?

Such a pity I didn't have a Saltire. I could have flown it from the hideous electric pole that EDF attached to my ancient property, and charged me 500 Quid for. I'm sure it would have gone down well with the locals.
Not that I have anything against EDF. They have just sent me a cheque for 23 Euros for overcharging me somehow.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:33 pm

Gen Dempsey, who was told of the attack by de Villiers, praised the French action.

"The French were our very first ally and they are there again for us," he told reporters travelling with him in Normandy. "It just reminds me why these relationships really matter."

vomit

I may have been otherwise occupied, but I seem to have missed the bit where anyone attacked France or the US? Some Brit has beheaded another Brit and two Americans in a desert somewhere - wouldn't they be better bombing Tower Hamlets or George Galloway's constituency?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:40 pm

Don't mention Tower Hamlets to me. That's where I was born, when it was Stepney. My only pride in the land of my birth. And look what they have done to that.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:55 pm

Referendum aftermath - Page 5 Bx5wrrHCYAA0w3W

Oh, whoever would have seen that coming? Apart from every single person that voted YES. They might at least have waited more than 12 hours before ripping up the Vows.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:13 pm

Breakingnews Breakingnews
Alex Salmond to step down as First Minister. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:17 pm

Just seeing that, sh*t. Poor man, he must be absolutely exhausted.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:32 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/1338759/alex-salmond-quits-after-scotland-votes-no

Alex Salmond is stepping down as Scotland's First Minister and SNP leader after his country voted against independence.

Mr Salmond said: "My time as leader is nearly over but for Scotland ... the dream shall never die."

Fifty-five percent chose to stay part of the UK while 45% were in favour of going it alone.

Mr Salmond announced his resignation as David Cameron promised new powers for Scotland.

He said now was the "opportunity to hold Westminster's feet to the fire".

The first minister said he had spoken to the Prime Minister who had "reiterated his intention to proceed as he outlined".

"But he would not commit to a second reading vote by 27 March of a new Scotland bill."

He said some people will be “incandescent” if they see "slippage" from a timetable clearly set out just a few days ago.

He said it was the "privilege of my life to serve as first minister".

He added: "We lost the referendum vote but Scotland can still carry the political initiative.

"Scotland can still emerge as the real winner. My time is nearly over."

Mr Salmond said: "There are 1.6 million people who made a choice for independence.

"I think the 1.6 million people will speak and speak loud if there is a retreat from those commitments."

More follows...

The first minister said he had spoken to the Prime Minister who had "reiterated his intention to proceed as he outlined".

"But he would not commit to a second reading vote by 27 March of a new Scotland bill."

Oh, what a surprise! And if Cameron thinks Salmond is difficult to deal with, just wait till Wee Nicola gets going.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:34 pm

You know why The NOs are celebrating, don't you. Because they won what they think was a game. Only The Yes Voters realised that this was deadly serious, but still managed to be hopeful.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:38 pm

Tired and Honourable.

Did someone say, "Better The Devil you know?"

Sad for him. And I am sad as well.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:41 pm

They have NO idea what a quagmire they are in, Sabot, they simply cannot cannot deliver their promises. And with Alex Salmond's resignation, then there is nothing to prevent us doing this all over again around about 2017 when it becomes clear to even the thickest ProudScotBut that they've been played for fools.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:45 pm

As I was saying...

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/politicsandpolicy/political-and-constitutional-turbulence-in-the-uk-looks-set-to-continue-to-2020/

Scotland’s ‘No’ vote solves one acute existential threat to the UK, says Patrick Dunleavy, but only for now. The likely narrow results of the May 2015 general election, plus David Cameron’s promise of another referendum on the UK leaving the European Union in 2017, both promise massive constitutional turbulence between now and 2020. For instance, if the UK votes to leave the European Union in 2017, a near-immediate rerun of Scottish referendum could be on the cards, where voting to exit the UK would let Scots stay European citizens.

Alex Salmond must be totally exhausted, Sabot, there has been uproar in Scotland over referendums and Commonwealth games for what feels like years, and he's had to stay on top of it all.

The Mail's demonisation of him has been a new low, even for the British gutter press. A decent, honourable man, who's worked miracles for his country being smeared like that - disgusting.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:49 pm

Wings Over Scotland retweeted
Patrick Harvie @patrickharvie · 2m
Good for him! MT @severincarrell Newspapers not invited to @AlexSalmond resignation press conference: FT; Telegraph, Mail, Express #indyref

Referendum aftermath - Page 5 Smiley-Clapping2
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next