JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
 France to pay $60 million for Holocaust victims deported by state rail firm EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
 France to pay $60 million for Holocaust victims deported by state rail firm EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
 France to pay $60 million for Holocaust victims deported by state rail firm EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
 France to pay $60 million for Holocaust victims deported by state rail firm EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
 France to pay $60 million for Holocaust victims deported by state rail firm EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
 France to pay $60 million for Holocaust victims deported by state rail firm EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
 France to pay $60 million for Holocaust victims deported by state rail firm EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
 France to pay $60 million for Holocaust victims deported by state rail firm EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
 France to pay $60 million for Holocaust victims deported by state rail firm EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

France to pay $60 million for Holocaust victims deported by state rail firm

4 posters

Go down

France to pay $60 million for Holocaust victims deported by state rail firm Empty France to pay $60 million for Holocaust victims deported by state rail firm

Post  Lamplighter Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:03 am

Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

France to pay $60 million for Holocaust victims deported by state rail firm Empty Re: France to pay $60 million for Holocaust victims deported by state rail firm

Post  Sabot Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:17 am

Indeed, LL. But France really is trying.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

France to pay $60 million for Holocaust victims deported by state rail firm Empty Re: France to pay $60 million for Holocaust victims deported by state rail firm

Post  Pedro Silva Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:43 pm

I agree with: "But France really is trying.".
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:06 pm

Pedro Silva wrote:I agree with: "But France really is trying.".

I live here, Pedro, so I do know a bit more about what went on, and about what is happening now.

But I will never forget the following.

Aristides de Sousa Mendes do Amaral e Abranches, GCC, OL (July 19, 1885 – April 3, 1954; Portuguese pronunciation: [ɐɾiʃˈtiðɨʒ ðɨ ˈsowzɐ ˈmẽdɨʃ]) was a Portuguese consul. As Portuguese Consul-General in Bordeaux, France, he defied the orders of Portugal's António de Oliveira Salazar dictatorship, issuing visas in 1940 to thousands of refugees fleeing from invading German military forces in the early period of World War II. He was punished by his government for his actions but was eventually vindicated after his death. He was honored posthumously by Yad Vashem as Righteous Among the Nations, the first diplomat to be so honored.

This was a man that Portugal should be so proud of. He walked across a mountain range between France and Spain to help the Jews on their way.

There is a film about him which I watched in French, and is possibly on YouTube. But you didn't need to speak the language to know how amazing he was.

Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:35 pm

Many, many people did try to help, and to save lives - right up to Goering's own brother, Sabot. What that says about those in occupied nations who didn't just try to stay alive, but actively collaborated and turned in their own neighbours, I'd really rather not know.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:09 pm

It was mostly fear, Bonny. Although not entirely. The Vichy Government certainly had no need to be afraid. And sadly, The French still run judicially on Authority, as a means to every day life.

You need to travel down that way a bit to see how life works and how they deal with people in general. There are some very nasty vibes to this day.

It has never been this way in Brittany, so it was a bit of a shock to me. But then The Bretons bugger all, and do their own thing. They hid anyone who was at risk.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down