JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Re-interment of King Richard III - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Re-interment of King Richard III - Page 8 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Re-interment of King Richard III - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Re-interment of King Richard III - Page 8 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Re-interment of King Richard III - Page 8 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Re-interment of King Richard III - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Re-interment of King Richard III - Page 8 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Re-interment of King Richard III - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Re-interment of King Richard III - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Re-interment of King Richard III

4 posters

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Re-interment of King Richard III - Page 8 Empty King Richard III: How can I watch Thursday's reinterment service?

Post  Lamplighter Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:59 pm

Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Re-interment of King Richard III - Page 8 Empty Re: Re-interment of King Richard III

Post  bb1 Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:22 pm

Thanks for the reminder, LL, I don't know why, but I had the idea that that ceremony was Friday.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Re-interment of King Richard III - Page 8 Empty Re: Re-interment of King Richard III

Post  Lamplighter Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:28 pm

bb1 wrote:Thanks for the reminder, LL, I don't know why, but I had the idea that that ceremony was Friday.
Self-preservation, dear lady, I didn't want to be clobbered because you got the days mixed up! LL rofl rofl
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:33 pm

A true gentleman, LL! rofl rofl rofl rofl
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:46 pm

bb1 wrote:A true gentleman, LL! rofl rofl rofl rofl
I never forget that a Scots lassie can wield a frying pan far better than anyone from over the Border. LL Hide
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:47 pm

Or a broadsword. biggrin
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:58 pm

bb1 wrote:Or a broadsword. biggrin
Aye, and how handy are ye wi' a caber, lassie? LL rofl rofl
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:00 pm

Bit too heavy for me, LL. rofl
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:04 pm

bb1 wrote:Bit too heavy for me, LL. rofl

Re-interment of King Richard III - Page 8 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1W0I1183U97YQiGIqm1Ogu-T_ugY-g-wpkv_pgZn9CbCra_kr
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:00 pm

A superb pic from one of the Leicester pages:

Re-interment of King Richard III - Page 8 Steepl10
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:03 pm

Love it!
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:27 pm

You'd be forgiven for thinking all this was for a much-loved monarch who had only just died.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:06 am

Fancy that!
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Re-interment of King Richard III - Page 8 Empty Richard III DNA tests uncover evidence of further royal scandal

Post  Lamplighter Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:17 am

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/mar/25/richard-iii-dna-tests-uncover-evidence-of-further-royal-scandal
Richard III DNA tests uncover evidence of further royal scandal

Latest genetic tests reveal another break in the male line, potentially undermining the legitimacy of the entire House of Plantagenet

Ian Sample, science editor
Wednesday 25 March 2015 20.15 GMT Last modified on Wednesday 25 March 2015 20.18

When scientists revealed last year that an adulterous affair had apparently broken the male line in Richard III’s family tree, they vowed to investigate further.

But rather than clear up the mystery, their latest genetic tests have uncovered evidence of another royal sex scandal. This time, the indiscretion could potentially undermine the legitimacy of the entire House of Plantagenet.

The skeleton of Richard III, the last Plantagenet king, was discovered under a car park in Leicester in 2012. His identity was confirmed through his mitochondrial DNA, passed down through the maternal line from his sister to two relatives alive today.

But further DNA tests soon uncovered evidence of a family secret. It emerged when researchers at Leicester University compared the Y chromosomes of Richard III and five anonymous male relatives of Henry Somerset (1744-1803), who claim descent from Edward III, the great great grandfather of Richard III.

Since the Y chromosome is passed down from father to son, it should look the same in the descendants of Henry Somerset, the 5th Duke of Beaufort, and Richard III. But genetic tests found no sign of a match. Somewhere in the family between Richard III and the Somersets, at least one man had been cuckolded.

Speaking at the Science Museum in London on Wednesday, Turi King, a geneticist working on the case, revealed her team’s latest attempt to get to the bottom of the mystery. A man called Patrice de Warren, who lives in France, had come forward for genetic testing. He could trace his male line back to Richard III through the illegitimate son of Geoffrey, Count of Anjou (1113 - 1151).

King knew that if de Warren’s Y chromosome matched that of Henry Somerset’s, then the affair that broke the male line must have occurred between Edward III and Richard III. But if his Y chromosome matched Richard III’s, the male line was broken between Edward III and the Somersets.

The test result found neither. “De Warren’s Y chromosome doesn’t match Richard III or Henry Somerset, so somewhere along the line there’s been another false paternity event,” King told the Guardian. “It’s opened up the mystery even further.” Since the false paternity rate is around 1-2% in any generation, she said the result was not particularly surprising.

For all the scientists know, Patrice de Warren carries the ‘true’ Plantagenet Y chromosome, and those found in Richard III and the extended family of Henry Somerset were inherited from another man. “The problem is that we cannot say where the break occurs. All it tells us is that we have to keep looking, and that is what we are doing,” said Kevin Schürer, a genealogy expert at Leicester who is working on the case.

More likely than not, the freshly-discovered break in the male line occurred in the 22 generations that separate Patrice de Warren from Geoffrey, Count of Anjou. But if that branch of the tree is found to be intact, the consequences for the monarchy’s history become far more intriguing.

“If that turned out to be the case, and this is pure speculation, then there must have been a break between the Count of Anjou and Richard III. Which means that before we raise questions about the legitimacy of the Yorkist kings and the Lancastrian kings, there are questions higher up the line, raising doubts about nearly all of the Plantagenets,” said Schürer.

The latest findings do not impact on the modern monarchy at all, says King, because there are so many twists and turns in the way the throne is handed over. But depending on where the breaks happened, they could recast a crucial period in the history of the monarchy, affecting the Stuarts, the Tudors and the Windsors.

The investigation is not over yet. Schürer and King now want to test the Y chromosomes of other de Warrens in the US and Australia, and men in the extended Duke of Beaufort family, an option that has clear advantages over the alternative of exhuming lots of dead bodies and testing those. “The idea is to have a pincer movement and tackle it on a number of different fronts,” said Schürer. “We’re not going to give up the quest.”

The latest findings form part of a new exhibit at the Science Museum which describes the scientific discoveries around the life, death and DNA of King Richard III. The exhibit, which includes a 3D printed skeleton of the king, opens Wednesday, the day before the reinterment of his remains in Leicester.
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Re-interment of King Richard III - Page 8 Empty Leicester firm wins Richard III audio contract for cathedral

Post  Lamplighter Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:23 am

Firm wins Richard III audio contract

By I_Griffin  |  Posted: March 24, 2015

Re-interment of King Richard III - Page 8 9722968-large

Phill Beynon, technical director at NoiseBoys Technologies, with the speakers' control system

Hundreds of people attending the reburial of Richard III at Leicester Cathedral on Thursday will be able to hear the service loud and clear thanks to a Leicestershire firm.

NoiseBoys Technologies, of Lutterworth, have replaced 20 speakers with nine hi-tech ones, improving the sound quality of the building.

The contract – whose value is not being disclosed – was awarded as part of a £2.5 million revamp of the cathedral to accommodate the 15th century king's re-interment.

The speakers' control system is designed to be simple to use for the mainly non-technical cathedral staff or volunteers. Day-to-day control of the sound is achieved via a touch-screen tablet, with the whole system is connected by 1.8 miles of cabling, 90 per cent of which is hidden in the floor and ceiling.

Phill Beynon, technical director at NoiseBoys, said: "When we were successful in winning the contract, as a local company we were delighted and naturally very proud to play a part in such a unique set of proceedings.

"It was a tough selection process, and we had some very strong competitors. The challenge was to offer a more innovative approach, one that not only sounds great but that also visually compliments the new aesthetics of the cathedral.

"The outdated system that we replaced was not fit for purpose. Speakers had been added to over the years and none were ever removed, so we've been taking out some genuine antiques."

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Firm-wins-Richard-III-audio-contract/story-26224718-detail/story.html#ixzz3VTRqVg6h
Follow us: @Leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Re-interment of King Richard III - Page 8 Empty Richard III: Queen writes special thank you to those involved in reburial

Post  Lamplighter Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:27 am

The Queen has written a special thank you to all those involved in the discovery and reburial of Richard III.

Re-interment of King Richard III - Page 8 9722755-large
The monarch will not be at St Martin's tomorrow to witness the reinterment of the last Plantagenet King of England.

Instead she is due to be at Canterbury Cathedral with Prince Phillip at the unveiling of two statues to mark the Diamond Jubilee.

However, she has sent a personal message which will be included in the reinterment's order of service.

In it she will thank the people involved in the project and the reburial at Leicester Cathedral.

A spokesman said: "We're delighted that her Majesty the Queen has sent us this greeting in which she thanks all the people that have made this important occasion possible."
Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Richard-III-Queen-written-special-thank-involved/story-26224487-detail/story.html#ixzz3VTStW4Tt
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Re-interment of King Richard III - Page 8 Empty Richard III's funeral pall

Post  Lamplighter Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:51 am

Richard III's funeral pall welcomed by traveling Ricardians

By PA_Warzynski  |  Posted: March 24, 2015

Re-interment of King Richard III - Page 8 9721181-large
Artist Jacquie Binns and the pall she created

The black funeral pall which covers the coffin of King Richard III has been described as "magnificent" by visiting Ricardians.

The embroidered artwork was unveiled on Sunday as the remains of Richard III were welcomed into the cathedral.

Created by artist Jacquie Binns, it is decorated with images of a knight in armour, King Richard's queen in heraldic robes, and the faces of Sir Peter Soulsby, Philippa Langley, Richard Buckley and the Dean of Leicester, the Very Revd David Monteith.

It was draped over the lead-lined oak coffin by the descendants of four peers who fought both for and against Richard III at Battle of Bosworth in August 1485.

Artist Jacquie Binns said: "The commission was unique. It has been an honour and a pleasure to create the pall which tells both Richard's story and the story of those who found his remains and brought them to reburial."

A portable exhibit of the embroidered pall will form part of the permanent exhibition and interpretation programme at Leicester Cathedral.

Rob Smith, vice chairman of the New Zealand branch of the Richard III Society, was at the cathedral yesterday (TUES) to view the pall and coffin.

He said: "It's a magnificent piece of work, and John Ashdown-Hill's crown really set it off - it looked fantastic."

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Richard-III-s-funeral-pall-welcomed-traveling/story-26223552-detail/story.html#ixzz3VTZFXL8x
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Re-interment of King Richard III - Page 8 Empty Visitors at Richard's coffin - live from Channel 4

Post  Lamplighter Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:10 am

Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:15 am

A man called Patrice de Warren, who lives in France, had come forward for genetic testing. He could trace his male line back to Richard III through the illegitimate son of Geoffrey, Count of Anjou (1113 - 1151).

His male line? There is, of course, another explanation why the lines don't match..... biggrin
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:25 am

Some interesting stuff there, LL.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:29 am

Sabot wrote:Some interesting stuff there, LL.
Indeed, ma petite - did the link re channel 4 work for you? LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:33 am

The pall is absolutely superb. I love the way it has managed to unite the people involved in Richard's story, despite them being five centuries apart.

I wonder, is part of the reason this is so moving that it has come from the bottom, from ordinary people, and not from the high-ups?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:41 am

Lamplighter wrote:
Sabot wrote:Some interesting stuff there, LL.
Indeed, ma petite - did the link re channel 4 work for you?   LL

Sorry, No. Same old Flash Player. But I don't want to be a nuisance. Apple is bombarding me with Downloads, none of which actually download.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:59 am

I'm sure it will be YouTubed pretty quickly, Sabot, it's only the BBC that is precious about not letting foreign types see their programmes.

I'm all set, LL, recorder on and Kleenex at the ready. I take it one doesn't have to wear a black hat in one's own home?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:01 am

bb1 wrote:I'm sure it will be YouTubed pretty quickly, Sabot, it's only the BBC that is precious about not letting foreign types see their programmes.

I'm all set, LL, recorder on and Kleenex at the ready. I take it one doesn't have to wear a black hat in one's own home?
Go for it, lassie!! LL hug hug
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next