JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Was Nefertiti Buried Behind Secret Doorways?  EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Was Nefertiti Buried Behind Secret Doorways?  EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Was Nefertiti Buried Behind Secret Doorways?  EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Was Nefertiti Buried Behind Secret Doorways?  EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Was Nefertiti Buried Behind Secret Doorways?  EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Was Nefertiti Buried Behind Secret Doorways?  EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Was Nefertiti Buried Behind Secret Doorways?  EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Was Nefertiti Buried Behind Secret Doorways?  EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Was Nefertiti Buried Behind Secret Doorways?  EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Was Nefertiti Buried Behind Secret Doorways?

3 posters

Go down

Was Nefertiti Buried Behind Secret Doorways?  Empty Was Nefertiti Buried Behind Secret Doorways?

Post  Pedro Silva Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:39 am

Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Was Nefertiti Buried Behind Secret Doorways?  Empty Re: Was Nefertiti Buried Behind Secret Doorways?

Post  bb1 Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:47 am

While noting that the case is "compelling", Dr Reeves cautions that his theory must be proved by on-the-ground analysis of King Tutankhamun's tomb.

He writes: "Obviously a full and detailed geophysical survey of this famous tomb and its surrounding area is now called for - and I would suggest as one of Egyptology's highest priorities."

I am not convinced, personally, from what I can recall, husbands and wives were generally buried separately?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Was Nefertiti Buried Behind Secret Doorways?  Empty Re: Was Nefertiti Buried Behind Secret Doorways?

Post  Lamplighter Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:05 pm

Tutankamun was Nefertiti's son, not her husband, who was the heretic Akhenaten.   There was, and still is quite a lot of conjecture re the family.   There were often false doors in the royal tombs, as the instances of tomb robbing was very high.   There were false rooms, doors, ceilings etc.   LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:10 pm

Oh, sorry, I got them muddled up. I recall watching a mummy programme which involved DNA tests on babies/foetuses linked to Tut, and a lot of them were deformed due to their habit of marrying near near relatives.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:16 pm

bb1 wrote:Oh, sorry, I got them muddled up. I recall watching a mummy programme which involved DNA tests on babies/foetuses linked to Tut, and a lot of them were deformed due to their habit of marrying near near relatives.
Tut was married to his half sister, Akhenaton married at least two of his own daughters. This was normal practice, even Cleopatra was married to her half brother until she decided to get rid of him by getting him killed in a revolution. The succession in every case was via the female line which meant that in order to become Pharoah the father or son had to marry at least one daughter or sister. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:23 pm

Akhenaten was an odd character, wasn't he? It's amazing how often people that are convinced their god is the only real one cause misery.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:31 pm

bb1 wrote:Akhenaten was an odd character, wasn't he? It's amazing how often people that are convinced their god is the only real one cause misery.
He was a religious fanatic in some ways, but the God he worshipped, the Aten, a single entity was the first monotheistic God, the next would be Jahweh of the Jews. In the same way Rlll was vilified by those that wanted the Yorkists wiped out and Vlad Tepes Dracula who was vilified by the German press of the time, Akhenaton was accused of all kinds of atrocities, most of which were committed by the priests of Amon. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down