JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
At least seven dead after jet crashes at air show EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
At least seven dead after jet crashes at air show EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
At least seven dead after jet crashes at air show EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
At least seven dead after jet crashes at air show EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
At least seven dead after jet crashes at air show EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
At least seven dead after jet crashes at air show EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
At least seven dead after jet crashes at air show EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
At least seven dead after jet crashes at air show EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
At least seven dead after jet crashes at air show EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

At least seven dead after jet crashes at air show

4 posters

Go down

At least seven dead after jet crashes at air show Empty At least seven dead after jet crashes at air show

Post  bb1 Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:50 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/1540055/several-dead-as-airshow-jet-crashes-on-road

Several Dead As Airshow Jet Crashes On Road
The plane hits several cars on a major road as it nosedives during a display, killing several people and leaving another critical.

[video]

Several people have been confirmed dead after a plane crashed during an airshow in Shoreham-By-Sea, according to Sky sources.

Police say the plane, believed to be a Hawker Hunter, hit several cars on the A27 in West Sussex at about 1.20pm.

Royal Sussex County Hospital says it has received two casualties, one in a critical condition and one with minor injuries.

The jet ended up in a bush, according to a spokesman for Shoreham Airshow, but there were reports the pilot managed to escape before the crash.

Laura Raymond, who was commentating on the display for Splash FM, said: "There was a ball of fire, we didn't even hear an impact - and then plumes of black smoke. It's being described by the commentator as a tragic incident."

[video]

more at link

At least seven dead after jet crashes at air show 2B93A56300000578-3207016-image-m-121_1440255655708

The fighter jet was seen skimming the tops of trees on the side of the busy road before crashing into at least four vehicles on the A27 at Shoreham Airshow in West Sussex today

At least seven dead after jet crashes at air show 2B933BE800000578-3207016-Sussex_Police_said_there_were_several_casualties_after_the_jet_c-a-116_1440255585122

Sussex Police said there were several casualties after the jet came down but it was not known how many people were injured or how seriously they were hurt

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3207016/Pilot-pulled-burning-wreckage-plane-crashes-Shoreham-Airshow.html#ixzz3jZU0xcHe
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Last edited by bb1 on Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

At least seven dead after jet crashes at air show Empty Re: At least seven dead after jet crashes at air show

Post  bb1 Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:53 pm

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

At least seven dead after jet crashes at air show Empty Re: At least seven dead after jet crashes at air show

Post  bb1 Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:56 pm

At least seven dead after jet crashes at air show CNBj7qUW8AEWTxc
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:59 pm

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:38 pm

Oh no.  That is so awful.....Sorry to read about this.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:43 pm

It's awful, Lily. It's all been caught on camera from every possible angle, and it looks like that, for whatever reason, the jet didn't pull out of the roll, and went straight into a line of traffic.

It doesn't bear thinking about, and I just pray the dead didn't have time to know what happened.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:00 pm

Bonny, I too have played some youtube vids and it does look like he didn't.  The question which is the one to be answered is 'why?'.  

Like you I pray that the dead were taken unawares and quickly.  RIP.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:38 pm

In mid July 1952, me, dad, two brothers and associated cousins went to the Open Day (there are two, after the 5 days devoted to aircraft makers, etc) and saw the worst accident at a UK air show when a DH.110 jet fighter disintegrated in flight and crashed into the crowd, killing John Derry, his co-pilot/navigator and 29 spectators. I can still remember the noise, the screams .... LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:49 pm

That doesn't bear thinking about, LL, it must have been horrific.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:49 pm

Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:49 pm

Oh no!!  hughug
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:58 pm

bb1 wrote:That doesn't bear thinking about, LL, it must have been horrific.
I was 12, two of my cousins were a bit younger; I don't think it actually had any real impact on them, but I had nightmares for a time afterwards. But I didn't let it faze me for too long, as I got into my later teenage years I took flying lessons from my dad. I had a pilot's licence until up to a few year's ago when the RA made it impossible for me to fly. Shame, as I really enjoyed flying. Ah, well, I am an old man and I have lived my dreams and enjoyed my life. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:02 pm

Here are two more for you LL.  hughug
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:48 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/1540454/shoreham-airshow-crash-11-people-feared-dead

Police say 11 people are "highly likely" to have died when a vintage plane crashed into a busy road outside the Shoreham Airshow.

It was previously reported that seven people were killed when the Hawker Hunter jet nosedived onto the A27 at Shoreham, West Sussex.

The 1950s single-seater jet smashed into cars after it failed to pull out of a loop-the-loop stunt.

Horrified onlookers described seeing the aircraft flying low to the ground followed by a "huge ball of fire".

They said a "hushed silence" fell among the 20,000 people at the show as the sky was filled with thick, black smoke

Sussex Police Assistant Chief Constable Steve Barry said officers are as yet unable to identify those killed and warned the death toll may rise further.

"Sadly, as a result of our initial work at the site, which has continued overnight, and inquiries following calls to the emergency services from worried families and friends, we have now identified 11 people who we are treating as highly likely to have died in this tragedy," he said.

"The scene itself is incredibly large. A lot of specially-trained officers are sifting, as we speak, so we do need to keep an open mind but from what we have seen at this stage it is possible that we will find more fatalities."

Officers are bringing in a crane to lift the plane's wreckage on Monday, and fear they may discover the remains of more bodies.

Worthing United FC players Matthew Grimstone and Jacob Schilt, and personal trainer Matt Jones, 24, were among the dead.

Mr Grimstone, 23, was a goalkeeper for the non-league club, while Mr Schilt played in midfield.

They were on their way to play Loxwood FC at Worthing's Robert Albon Memorial Ground when the plane hit the A27.

Mr Grimstone's parents said in a statement: "The family are in total shock at losing our dearest son Matthew so tragically at 23 years old.

"He was the kindest person you could ever meet with a great wit. In his 23 years we can honestly say he never lost his temper."

Mr Jones' death was confirmed on social media by his sister Becky Jones, who said: "Thank you to everyone who has messaged me. We are devastated to say Matt Jones was one of the fatalities."

:: At Least One Dead As Airshow Planes Collide In Switzerland

One of the vehicles hit was a wedding car on its way to collect a bride.

The Daimler, which had its roof ripped off by the impact, belonged to Chariot Chauffeurs, based in Lewes, East Sussex.

A spokesman for the firm said: "We do not know anything for sure, so we cannot say anything."

The pilot - Andy Hill, a former RAF Harrier pilot - was pulled alive from the wreckage.

Police said the 51-year-old is "critically ill and fighting for his life".
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:54 pm

Many pics at:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3207016/Pilot-pulled-burning-wreckage-plane-crashes-Shoreham-Airshow.html

At least seven dead after jet crashes at air show 2B96237F00000578-3207016-The_pilot_desperately_tried_to-a-62_1440285544486

I cannot even begin to imagine what it must have been like to see that, and know what was going to, inevitably, happen.

I suspect that everyone that witnessed it will be like LL, haunted by the sights and sounds.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:59 pm

I would imagine that a person would never get over it.   Feel so badly for the relatives and friends of those who died or are badly injured.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:05 pm

The only slightly better bit of news is that the death toll hasn't risen,  as some people turned out to have had miraculous escapes:

At least seven dead after jet crashes at air show 2BABC0A800000578-3211269-image-m-8_1440579954203

Revealed: Two planespotters who were nearly engulfed in flames as the Hawker Hunter crashed just metres away from them appear to have survived

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3211269/Just-yards-Shoreham-air-disaster-fireball-planespotter-came-closest-death-survived.html#ixzz3juytNeki

At least seven dead after jet crashes at air show 2BAA999B00000578-0-image-m-17_1440557513198

Escape: The driver of a flaming BMW who was the last person to avoid the Shoreham crash fireball has spoken out about his terrifying ordeal, saying it is a 'miracle' that he survived

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3211017/Two-seconds-later-Driver-vehicle-avoid-Shoreham-crash-fireball-talks-ordeal-says-s-miracle-survived.html#ixzz3juz38Mrt
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:43 pm

Now, that IS amazing.  It's such a tragedy that it happened at all.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down