JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Military coup underway in Turkey - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Military coup underway in Turkey - Page 8 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Military coup underway in Turkey - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Military coup underway in Turkey - Page 8 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Military coup underway in Turkey - Page 8 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Military coup underway in Turkey - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Military coup underway in Turkey - Page 8 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Military coup underway in Turkey - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Military coup underway in Turkey - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Military coup underway in Turkey

+2
lily
Jean-Pierre.t50
6 posters

Page 8 of 32 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20 ... 32  Next

Go down

Military coup underway in Turkey - Page 8 Empty Re: Military coup underway in Turkey

Post  Lamplighter Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:47 am

bb1 wrote:Ah yes, agree, LL! I don't know what it is that's missing in them, but something is - empathy, or compassion, as you say?
I remember one of my great uncles positing the idea that the cause of this kind of behavior was possibly a missing component in the makeup passed down from generation to generation, something like a kink in a gene or even a missing one. It mainly seems to be a masculine thing - there are very few women in history resembling Hitler, for instance. I think the so-called 'softer' side attributed to women may actually over-ride the desire to subjugate and repress. I don 't know the answer, I'm only a lawyer!! LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Military coup underway in Turkey - Page 8 Empty Re: Military coup underway in Turkey

Post  bb1 Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:57 am

It's an interesting idea, LL. No, it doesn't happen so often with women, but I am not sure if that is maybe a chicken and egg thing? Though even with power, the female tyrant is thankfully a rarity.

Hillary Clinton is possibly the current nearest to it - forget about political 'sides' and just look at her past history, stretching back decades, with a clear eye. It soon becomes apparent that the woman is a monster, capable of just about anything.

Women like Margaret Thatcher and Golda Meir were put into positions where they had to fight wars, but they didn't go looking for trouble just for the sake of it. There is a difference.

No, I don't know what it is, either, just that it's there.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:42 am

Turkey attempted coup 22 July 2016
Turkey coup attempt: What happened that night?
This coup attempt was defeated by the citizens of Turkey, regardless of their political affiliation.
By Kani Torun
Kani Torun is an AK party member of the parliament and Deputy Chair of Foreign Affairs Committee (ie a mate of Erdogan).
http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2016/07/turkey-coup-attempt-happened-night-160721132018415.html
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:21 pm

Turkey will work with U.S. on Gulen extradition
Oren Dorell, USA TODAY 10:36 p.m. EDT July 22, 2016
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2016/07/22/turkey-work-us-gulen-extradition/87448858/

Daily Sabah. Turkey
Evidence piling up against Gülen and his involvement in failed coup attempt.
While Fetullah Gülen has denied his involvment in the failed coup attempt in Turkey, evidence against him is piling up.
http://www.dailysabah.com/nation/2016/07/23/evidence-piling-up-against-gulen-and-his-involvement-in-failed-coup-attempt

Turkey urges EU leaders to block Gülenist activities in Europe
http://www.dailysabah.com/diplomacy/2016/07/23/turkey-urges-eu-leaders-to-block-gulenist-activities-in-europe

Daily Sabah is, I am told, a pro-Erdogan publication run by his son-in-law. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:26 pm

Unfortunately, Obama is quite capable of allowing Gulen to be extradited on these ridiculous, invented allegations, LL.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:30 pm

bb1 wrote:Unfortunately, Obama is quite capable of allowing Gulen to be extradited on these ridiculous, invented allegations, LL.
I can't agree or disagree with your comment as I am not a mind-reader. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:03 pm

Turkey is in NATO, and the US have a huge airbase at Incirlik, complete with nuclear weapons....what's one elderly academic in comparison....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:57 pm

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/ankara-mayor-implies-gulen-enslaves-people-with-genies-.aspx?pageID=238&nID=102005&NewsCatID=341

Ankara Mayor Melih Gökçek has suggested that U.S.-based Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen uses genies to “enslave” people, speaking after the July 15 failed coup attempt, which the ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP) says the “Fethullahist Terrorist Organization (FETÖ)” was behind.

“How can Fethullah Gülen control such a large number of people? What makes him different?” the host of a TV show on private broadcaster CNN Türk asked Gökçek, to which the Ankara mayor replied that Gülen used “genies.”  

“This may sound funny to you, but he does it with a strange method. He does it with the ‘three-lettered things.’ Everyone now can debate this. He enslaves people with the ‘three-lettered things,’” Gökçek said, using a Turkish phrase to refer to the word “genie.”

“It’s obvious that a lot people have been enslaved in previous times and then were saved. He has the ability to do this too. People have become mesmerized and enslaved,” the Ankara mayor added.

Maybe there's something in that? Just look at the devotion Scruffy Jezza is inspiring? Eek
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:49 pm

Turkey investigating people who say coup attempt was hoax

ISTANBUL (AP) — Turkish prosecutors are investigating people who have alleged on social media that a July 15 coup attempt was a hoax carried out by the government, the country's justice minister said Sunday, reflecting what some critics say are increasing restrictions on expression in the wake of the failed rebellion by some military forces.

http://www.mail.com/int/news/europe/4499440-turkey-investigating-people-who-coup-attempt-was-h.html#.1258-stage-hero1-9
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:02 pm

Oh, good Lord! Stalin would be proud of him....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:18 pm

bb1 wrote:It's an interesting idea, LL. No, it doesn't happen so often with women, but I am not sure if that is maybe a chicken and egg thing? Though even with power, the female tyrant is thankfully a rarity.

Hillary Clinton is possibly the current nearest to it - forget about political 'sides' and just look at her past history, stretching back decades, with a clear eye. It soon becomes apparent that the woman is a monster, capable of just about anything.

Women like Margaret Thatcher and Golda Meir were put into positions where they had to fight wars, but they didn't go looking for trouble just for the sake of it. There is a difference.

No, I don't know what it is, either, just that it's there.

Let us keep in mind that she is alleged to be a bi-sexual person........some women have come forward to tell their tales even.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:41 am

Turkey issues warrants for 42 journalists
ANKARA, Turkey (AP) — Turkish authorities issued warrants on Monday for the detention of 42 journalists and detained 31 academics, official media reported, as the government pressed ahead with a crackdown against people allegedly linked to a U.S.-based Muslim cleric following a failed coup.
http://www.mail.com/int/news/europe/4500722-report-turkey-issues-warrants-42-journalists.html#.1258-stage-hero1-2

Journalists on trial as Turkey tightens noose on media
ANKARA, Turkey (AP) — Turkey's most government-critical newspaper has, almost overnight, made an about-face, joining scores of other media outlets that toe the government's line, as two prominent opposition journalists go on trial, facing life imprisonment on charges related to their reports of an alleged government arms shipment to Syrian rebels.
http://www.mail.com/int/news/europe/4231808-journalists-trial-turkey-tightens-noose-media.html#.4500722-stage-related1-4
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:52 am

I would regard any Turkish journalist that runs, screaming, out of the country, as a genuine refugee, whose life is in real danger, LL.

Anyone that's been following events in Syria knows that the Erdogan clan has been doing deals of various kinds with ISIS and the rest of the psychopaths
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:47 am

Turkey renames Bosporus Bridge '15th July Martyrs' Bridge'
ISTANBUL (AP) — Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim says Istanbul's Bosporus Bridge will be renamed "July 15th Martyrs' Bridge" in honor of civilians who died resisting Turkey's coup attempt. The decision to rename the bridge across the Bosporus strait, which links Istanbul's Asian and European sides, was taken Monday following a cabinet meeting.
http://www.mail.com/int/news/europe/4501932-turkey-renames-bosporus-bridge-15th-july-martyrs-b.html#.1258-stage-hero1-7

With Turkey in turmoil, EU migrant deal back under fire
ATHENS, Greece (AP) — Even before Turkey was thrown into crisis by a coup attempt, its deal with the European Union to stop migration westward was under strain: Turks did not get the visa-free travel they were promised, and Greece was overwhelmed with asylum claims that have halted deportations for weeks.
http://www.mail.com/int/news/europe/4502034-with-turkey-turmoil-eu-migrant-deal-under-fire.html#.1258-stage-hero1-6
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:08 am

Erdogan accuses EU of not paying up under migrant deal
Published: 26 Jul 2016 08:49 GMT+02:00
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Monday accused the EU of not paying its way under a deal to send Syrian refugees back across the Aegean.
http://www.thelocal.de/20160726/erdogan-accuses-eu-of-not-paying-up-under-migrant-deal
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:13 am

He's going to blackmail Europe, and get away with it because they're so spineless. The useless EU wouldn't dream of doing anything sane, like establishing a joint fleet off Greece - and turning back every damned boat

No, they would rather pay a dictator - or establish a maritime taxi service into Europe, as Italy has done.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:46 pm

Turkey's opposition warns against post-coup witch hunt
ANKARA, Turkey (AP) — Turkey's opposition leader on Tuesday warned against a government witch hunt following the failed coup in the country, saying it would cast a shadow on the democracy which those who opposed the insurrection tried to protect.
http://www.mail.com/int/news/europe/4503128-turkeys-opposition-warns-post-coup-witch-hunt.html#.1258-stage-hero1-7
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:38 pm

We all know, I believe, another coup is coming?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:59 pm

I shudder to think, Lily.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:40 pm

Turkish ambassador: journalists facing arrest after coup charged with “hate speech”
By Hungary Matters  July 26th, 2016

The 42 journalists for whom the Turkish government has issued detention warrants are “accused of hate speech” and “supporting a terrorist organisation”, Turkey’s ambassador to Hungary said. Şakir Fakılı told state news channel M1 that the Turkish government’s response to the coup attempt, which he called “an act of terror”, “has to be proportionate”. The ambassador said the security situation and “state of democracy” in Turkey are “better now than they were before the coup attempt”, adding that the country continues to receive tourists and investors. Turkish private broadcaster NTV reported that apart from the journalists, authorities have also issued warrants for the detention of more than a hundred university professors as part of the reprisals following the failed coup d’état.

Last edited by Lamplighter on Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:28 pm

Something wicked this way comes.......... mad
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:33 pm

that the country continues to receive tourists and investors

Not for much longer, chum. No Westerner in their right mind is going to take their family on holiday in a country which is rapidly becoming an islamic dictatorship.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:53 pm

I also know of wannabe investors who will not now do that over there.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:57 pm

Why would they, when Erdogan is liable to sieze their assets and announce that they are 'plotters'?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:02 pm

No one seems to trust him at all......I wonder why?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 32 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20 ... 32  Next