JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Similar topics
    Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
    » Candles site
    Cease and Desist?   - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
    Cease and Desist?   - Page 2 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
    Cease and Desist?   - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
    Cease and Desist?   - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
    Cease and Desist?   - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
    Cease and Desist?   - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
    Cease and Desist?   - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
    Cease and Desist?   - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
    Cease and Desist?   - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
     Portal
     Index
     Memberlist
     FAQ
     Search
    Affiliates
    free forum

Cease and Desist?

+9
    Anita
    Lamplighter
    Pedro Silva
    crazytony
    Maggs
    bb1
    Sabot
    lily
    sans_souci
    13 posters

Page 2 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

Go down

Cease and Desist?   - Page 2 Empty Re: Cease and Desist?

Post  lily Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:41 am

crazytony wrote:As she has named Isabel as the lawyer in question and Isabel doesn't work for Carter And Ruck, I believe that letter becomes null and void. You cannot threaten someone who has done nothing wrong. I do believe you have to be precise in you wording when dealing in legal matters?

In the US you certainly do, Tony. That is why when you sue someone you include names and Does 1 through (whatever number) as defendants. If you don't then you are out of luck. biggrin
    lily
    lily
    Slayer of scums
    Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:43 am

Anne M. Bremner:
    yernuts

Last edited by Pedro Silva on Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:46 am; edited 2 times in total
    Pedro Silva
    Pedro Silva
    Slayer of scums
    Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:45 am

An idle thought, I wonder who actually did write that letter? Just asking, not accusing. LL hmmm hmmm
    Lamplighter
    Lamplighter
    Slayer of scums
    Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:45 am

lily wrote:
    sans_souci wrote:If you are quick, Sabot.

As Carter Ruck wrote to Amazon in the US, about an American distribution of an American book, then any action would usually take place in the US under US law.

Well that would make it extremely expensive if B$own went ahead and she lost. biggrin

It would still be expensive if she won. How does she think she is going to impose American Law on British Citizens? I don't think Extradition applies in Cases like this.
    But it might be fun watching her try.
    Sabot
    Sabot
    Slayer of scums
    Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:47 am

LL, it doesn't read like it was written by an US attorney. Pcorneater
    lily
    lily
    Slayer of scums
    Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  sans_souci Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:49 am

Sabot wrote:I Repeat.

Quote. "Therefore, it is extremely important that each and every case be properly analyzed and understood so that wrong ideas aren’t promulgated and funding and efforts are wasted investigating such crimes improperly." Unquote.

What does she think The Police have been doing for the last four and a half years?
    And this is the woman who fought tooth and claw for Amanda Knox. She of all people should know of what damage Supposition and Internet Gossip can do.

I am putting this down to a Piss Take, and not in favour of Pat Brown.

Perhaps piss take is a little strong. But "look, Pat, I have done what you wanted as a friend, now drop it" may be nearer the mark.

It is interesting to see that no mention is made of action for libel or tortious interference with business.

sans_souci
    Slayer of scums
    Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:49 am

lily wrote:LL, it doesn't read like it was written by an US attorney. Pcorneater
    No Lily it doesn't, does it? More like, "Oh, quit nagging, you're the authority on this, you write the bl**dy thing!" LL
    Lamplighter
    Lamplighter
    Slayer of scums
    Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:52 am

crazytony wrote:As she has named Isabel as the lawyer in question and Isabel doesn't work for Carter And Ruck, I believe that letter becomes null and void. You cannot threaten someone who has done nothing wrong. I do believe you have to be precise in you wording when dealing in legal matters?

Indeed you do, Tony. In fact it could be said that Anne Bremner is impugning Isabel Duarte, who is probably entitled to an apology. But I am in no rush to inform Anne Bremner of Isabel Duarte's address. Not that I have it anyway.
    Sabot
    Sabot
    Slayer of scums
    Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:53 am

I cannot make head nor tail of this - Bremner's seems to be correctly addressed:

Adam Tudor
    Carter-Ruck
    6 St Andrew Street
    London EC4A 3AE

England

Dear Mr. Tudor

And I think I know just how the reply, if he can stop laughing long enough, will go:

Hard cheese; your client should have been a big brave girl and contacted us, as Amazon suggested.

Have a nice day.

Yours ever, CR.
    bb1
    bb1
    Slayer of scums
    Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:58 am

Am I seeing things, or has that blog entry been altered since it was first posted?
    bb1
    bb1
    Slayer of scums
    Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:59 am

sans_souci wrote:
    Sabot wrote:I Repeat.

Quote. "Therefore, it is extremely important that each and every case be properly analyzed and understood so that wrong ideas aren’t promulgated and funding and efforts are wasted investigating such crimes improperly." Unquote.

What does she think The Police have been doing for the last four and a half years?
    And this is the woman who fought tooth and claw for Amanda Knox. She of all people should know of what damage Supposition and Internet Gossip can do.

I am putting this down to a Piss Take, and not in favour of Pat Brown.

Perhaps piss take is a little strong. But "look, Pat, I have done what you wanted as a friend, now drop it" may be nearer the mark.

It is interesting to see that no mention is made of action for libel or tortious interference with business.

Yer, you are almost certainly right, Sans. And that Letter will have put a few bob in the coffers of Anne Bremner's Law Firm. I wonder if Pat Brown's Search for Madeleine Fund paid for that.
    Honestly, the Letter is stupid, and it contradicts itself. Surely Anne Bremner cannot have done that by accident?
    Sabot
    Sabot
    Slayer of scums
    Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:01 pm

Good spot on Myths:

http://stopthemyths.prophpbb.com/post58978.html?sid=6e26f1f33cd8f93b465ccdce43cf81c3#p58978

Nigel Redsquare thinks it's bollocks.

Nigel Moore I don't really get this. Leaving aside the obvious errors ('Levinson' Inquiry and 'Isabel Duarte' at Carter-Ruck!) it's not really a 'cease-and-desist' letter, is it? A 'cease-and-desist' letter is a legal demand to remove something (and 'don't do it again') otherwise 'the boys' will be sent round (metaphorically speaking) to 'sort you out, big time'. As I read this (and it's only the final para that really needs to be read) it is a polite 'request' for CR to drop any objection and allow the book to go on sale again. I can't imagine CR will say anything but 'No' and that will be it. The ball will be back in PB's court... or Court, even. Maybe I need to open the curtains and let some light in, but that's the way I read it, anyway. As always, it's just my opinion and I'd be happy to be proved wrong.
    bb1
    bb1
    Slayer of scums
    Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:09 pm

bb1 wrote:

I cannot make head nor tail of this - Bremner's seems to be correctly addressed:

Adam Tudor
    Carter-Ruck
    6 St Andrew Street
    London EC4A 3AE

England

Dear Mr. Tudor

And I think I know just how the reply, if he can stop laughing long enough, will go:

Hard cheese; your client should have been a big brave girl and contacted us, as Amazon suggested.

Have a nice day.

Yours ever, CR.

Yes she has changed it but, her fluck up was on the Internet long enough for it to be copied.
    Now, why on earth if the first script was written by her lawyer, would it need altering by Brown?
    Isn't it the lawyer's legal duty to apologize and reissue another letter?

Last edited by crazytony on Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

crazytony
    Slayer of scums
    Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:09 pm

Brown's had to alter that blog entry, hasn't she rofl rofl rofl

When I first saw it, there were four comments - one pointing out that Isobel Duarte had nothing to do with it.

There now appear to be only two comments.

Oh, and Adam Tudor's name has appeared. However, it is in a slightly different typeface from the rest of the blog.

The Devil's in the detail.... biggrin
    bb1
    bb1
    Slayer of scums
    Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:12 pm

I am quite sure the original post is winging its way to Isabel as we write.

crazytony
    Slayer of scums
    Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:15 pm

Ms Bremner must be relieved as that previous attempt at a legal letter made her sound like a loony. rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
    lily
    lily
    Slayer of scums
    Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:19 pm

Jeez. She hasn't actually changed the heading, has she? I hope someone got a screen shot, but you don't actually expect this sort of thing to happen.

However, It might suggest that Anne Bremner never wrote that letter in the first place.

Please tell me that she didn't change it. No one could be that stupid, could they?

Actually, it doesn't matter. The original letter has been received, if it was ever sent.
    Sabot
    Sabot
    Slayer of scums
    Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:21 pm

It's been changed all right, Sabot - I am kicking myself for not bothering to get a screenshot of the original.

If some better organised person did, could they post it somewhere, pretty please smile
    bb1
    bb1
    Slayer of scums
    Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:23 pm

WM3 has posted up the original version on dbiag, not as a screenshot but as it originally appeared before alteration. LL
    Lamplighter
    Lamplighter
    Slayer of scums
    Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:24 pm

lily wrote:Ms Bremner must be relieved as that previous attempt at a legal letter made her sound like a loony. rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
    If Bremner wrote the first letter, I demand she is arrested for being drunk in charge of a computer!

crazytony
    Slayer of scums
    Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:29 pm

crazytony wrote:
    lily wrote:Ms Bremner must be relieved as that previous attempt at a legal letter made her sound like a loony. rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
    If Bremner wrote the first letter, I demand she is arrested for being drunk in charge of a computer!

I think you better demand it of B$own, Tony.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
    lily
    lily
    Slayer of scums
    Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:29 pm

Frankly, if it hadn't had Bremner's name on it, I would have been sure Bennett wrote it for her.

Setting aside the business of her sending it to the wrong person, which a. makes it worthless and b. makes Brown and Bremner laughing stocks - what exactly is it that the McCanns are supposed to 'cease and desist' from doing?

They have never, once mentioned Brown's name; on the contrary, she is the one who had the giant hissy fit and didn't bother to find out exactly what the problem was.

For all Brown knows, this has all been over one phrase or sentence - even Bennett has had the sense to actually communicate with CR, instead of going off on one like a spoiled child.
    bb1
    bb1
    Slayer of scums
    Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:36 pm

bb1 wrote:Frankly, if it hadn't had Bremner's name on it, I would have been sure Bennett wrote it for her.

Setting aside the business of her sending it to the wrong person, which a. makes it worthless and b. makes Brown and Bremner laughing stocks - what exactly is it that the McCanns are supposed to 'cease and desist' from doing?

They have never, once mentioned Brown's name; on the contrary, she is the one who had the giant hissy fit and didn't bother to find out exactly what the problem was.

For all Brown knows, this has all been over one phrase or sentence - even Bennett has had the sense to actually communicate with CR, instead of going off on one like a spoiled child.
    Bremner, didn't write it. Brown did.

crazytony
    Slayer of scums
    Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:38 pm

yaydance yaydance yaydance

I knew someone would have screengrabbed the original:

http://regretsandramblings.com/2012/02/02/cease-and-desist/

Bren nabbed it:

Cease and Desist?   - Page 2 Original-before-alteration3

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

You couldn't make it up.
    bb1
    bb1
    Slayer of scums
    Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:40 pm

bb1 wrote:It's been changed all right, Sabot - I am kicking myself for not bothering to get a screenshot of the original.

If some better organised person did, could they post it somewhere, pretty please smile

Shit. But it is hardly your fault, Bonny. One just does not expect this sort of carry on.
    Although we might have seen this coming. This is what it has all been about. It is stunning in it's arrogance. They are all totally Amoral. How can ordinary and honest people be expected to deal with this sort of dishonesty?
    I am seriously upset again. Silly me.

But IF Anne Bremner ever sent that letter then it is now on record. And Pat Brown is DEAD.
    Sabot
    Sabot
    Slayer of scums
    Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next