JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
GONC'S MARRIAGE ON THE ROCKS - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
GONC'S MARRIAGE ON THE ROCKS - Page 2 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
GONC'S MARRIAGE ON THE ROCKS - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
GONC'S MARRIAGE ON THE ROCKS - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
GONC'S MARRIAGE ON THE ROCKS - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
GONC'S MARRIAGE ON THE ROCKS - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
GONC'S MARRIAGE ON THE ROCKS - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
GONC'S MARRIAGE ON THE ROCKS - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
GONC'S MARRIAGE ON THE ROCKS - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

GONC'S MARRIAGE ON THE ROCKS

+6
lily
crazytony
Sabot
Maggs
Pedro Silva
bb1
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

GONC'S MARRIAGE ON THE ROCKS - Page 2 Empty Re: GONC'S MARRIAGE ON THE ROCKS

Post  Sabot Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:14 pm

Did their Extraordinary Payments in Damages include a payment to The Mcanns?
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:20 pm

crazytony wrote:The house Gonc and Sofia lived together in is in Sofia's name only.
He has no claim on it at all.

Not true. All property bought during a marriage is jointly owned according to Portuguese Law. Both parties have a right to a half share.
And Amaral has already stated that the house was bought with his money.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:25 pm

Sabot wrote:
crazytony wrote:The house Gonc and Sofia lived together in is in Sofia's name only.

Not true. All property bought during a marriage is jointly owned according to Portuguese Law. Both parties have a right to a half share.
Yes but if given as a gift the house is hers and she is living in it.

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:26 pm

I have absolutely no idea, Portuguese law is a labyrinth.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:36 pm

crazytony wrote:
Sabot wrote:

Still not true. All property bought during a marriage is jointly owned. This is fundamental in Portuguese Law no matter who is living in it. It cannot be given as a gift to either party since neither party owns it outright.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:39 pm

I have no idea how it will work, but somehow, I don't see her suffering too much, whatever happens to her ex. She looks like a lady who knows the value of a euro, and I don't see her living in poverty because of his vendetta.

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:45 pm

bb1 wrote:I have absolutely no idea, Portuguese law is a labyrinth.

The self same Law applies in Britain as well, Bonny. No man or woman can give property to their husband or wife in the process of avoiding just payment to a third party if this property was acquired during the course of a marriage. Believe me because I know, and I was the innocent party.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:47 pm

Sabot wrote:
crazytony wrote:
Sabot wrote:

Still not true. All property bought during a marriage is jointly owned. This is fundamental in Portuguese Law no matter who is living in it. It cannot be given as a gift to either party since neither party owns it outright.
Thanks Sabot, I obviously got it wrong.

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:51 pm

Mrs. Gonc will survive. How she does it will be interesting. I am still prepared to believe that she was the innocent party. But I can't say that I would blame her if she sold her soul to the devil.
I never did, but don't imagine that it never crossed my mind.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:12 pm

crazytony wrote:
Sabot wrote:
crazytony wrote:
Sabot wrote:

Not a problem for me, Tony. It is all quite fair and proper. No person however innocent should benefit from the bad offices of a marriage partner.

My husband was declared bankrupt after buying me a house at the break up of our marriage, but he owed money to other people who were apparently more entitled than I was. I didn't have a problem with this, much as it grieved me. But whatever The Goncs are up to at the moment, it won't wash. She might get half, but that is all.

She will be forced to sell if she can't raise the money to cover his half. But then I thought that they had both defaulted on the mortgage of the house that they bought together, and that the property in question was a house long owned by Gonc's family. In which case there would be no contest.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:46 pm

More hounder sickness:

Are the Mccanns happy now?
by Invinoveritas

Of course they aren't 'happy' - how could they be? Their child was abducted and is still missing; they can never again be 'happy' until she is found, hopefully safe and well, and reunited with her family.

What a stupid, nasty question.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:59 pm

You´re absolutely right bb1:

"Of course they aren't 'happy' - how could they be? Their child was abducted and is still missing; they can never again be 'happy' until she is found, hopefully safe and well, and reunited with her family.

What a stupid, nasty question.."

Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:55 pm

bb1 wrote:More hounder sickness:

by Invinoveritas

Of course they aren't 'happy' - how could they be? Their child was abducted and is still missing; they can never again be 'happy' until she is found, hopefully safe and well, and reunited with her family.

Correct me if I am wrong here but, Amaral was only removed from the McCann case not from the Force. It was he who resigned from the PJ to regain his dignity by writing a book, was it not?
If I am correct, he only has himself to blame for his current situation.

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:58 pm

Quite, Tony, all Gonc's woes are self-inflicted, as are Bennett's and Brown's.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:28 pm

crazytony wrote:
bb1 wrote:More hounder sickness:

by Invinoveritas

Correct me if I am wrong here but, Amaral was only removed from the McCann case not from the Force. It was he who resigned from the PJ to regain his dignity by writing a book, was it not?
If I am correct, he only has himself to blame for his current situation.

Quite right, Tony. Gonc was removed from Portimao to a Desk Job in Faro. He could possibly have stayed there for the rest of his Service. But he appears to have demanded that The PJ allow him to Publish his book, although The Book had already been written by then. The PJ rightly refused.
Not sure what happened after that but I suspect that there was a confrontation. "You Publish and you will be sacked." Gonc retired after that because he saw more money and power in Publishing his book than he saw in sitting behind a desk for ten years.

He had roundly been discredited, was under suspicion of Torture on more than one count, and thought that his dubious word as A PJ Detective Inspector would give him more credence than The Files and the actual Evidence. That is the most disgusting aspect of the whole ghastly business. Some people did believe him.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  rhodes Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:30 pm

Sabot wrote:
crazytony wrote:
Sabot wrote:
crazytony wrote:

Not a problem for me, Tony. It is all quite fair and proper. No person however innocent should benefit from the bad offices of a marriage partner.

My husband was declared bankrupt after buying me a house at the break up of our marriage, but he owed money to other people who were apparently more entitled than I was. I didn't have a problem with this, much as it grieved me. But whatever The Goncs are up to at the moment, it won't wash. She might get half, but that is all.

She will be forced to sell if she can't raise the money to cover his half. But then I thought that they had both defaulted on the mortgage of the house that they bought together, and that the property in question was a house long owned by Gonc's family. In which case there would be no contest.
Gonc said in a recent interview he's gone back to his father's house didn't he? Is that the house in question? Will his father be thrown out on the streets if at some point Gonc had remortgaged it?
rhodes
rhodes
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:45 pm

I think there is more than one house involved here. The house bought in Sofia's name was purchased during the marriage. They are entitled to half each, except for the fact that they defaulted on the mortgage, and the house was repossessed. End of that one.

But there also appears to be another house that apparently belonged to the Maternal Grandparents of Gonc, and was left to Gonc. Not sure about this because it all became rather convoluted.

I don't think his Father's house has much to do with anything at the moment, but he does appear to be staying there.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:09 pm

Gonc said in a recent interview he's gone back to his father's house didn't he? Is that the house in question? Will his father be thrown out on the streets if at some point Gonc had remortgaged it?

Hold everything - then why is he in Lisbon when the family home is in the south? He said so himself:

On the last weekend in September, I decide to leave Portimão to go to my virtually abandoned house in the Algarvian east. Inès, my four-year-old daughter, goes with me. She loves the countryside, being in touch with nature. If she is asked which she prefers, living with her grand-parents in Faro or with her mother in Portimão, the answer is immediate: with my daddy. Not so much because of her father as attachment to the house where she was born.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:16 pm

Oh, look what I found when I was tree-hunting:

GONC'S MARRIAGE ON THE ROCKS - Page 2 64457504

It's the Gonc supporters demonstrating outside the court in Lisbon a couple of years ago. All two of them rofl rofl rofl
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:25 pm

Aw bless. Poor old souls who had a dream. rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  greenink211 Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:05 pm

Was Amaral's wife one of those supporters at the time? Is it known if she accompanied him to his court hearings?
greenink211
greenink211
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:25 pm

To the best of my knowledge, Greenink, she was NOT present in court.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  greenink211 Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:12 pm

That would seem odd to me but I suppose she has children to look after.
greenink211
greenink211
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:30 pm

She also has a job, unlike Gonc - something to do with the mayor's office in Portimao.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:41 am

greenink211 wrote:Was Amaral's wife one of those supporters at the time? Is it known if she accompanied him to his court hearings?

She was almost certainly having her Face Lift at the time. And she lost a lot of weight, so I expect she was at a Health Farm. What's money. Easy come, Easy go.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next