JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
DUTCH TRAINS COLLIDE HEAD ON - MANY INJURED EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
DUTCH TRAINS COLLIDE HEAD ON - MANY INJURED EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
DUTCH TRAINS COLLIDE HEAD ON - MANY INJURED EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
DUTCH TRAINS COLLIDE HEAD ON - MANY INJURED EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
DUTCH TRAINS COLLIDE HEAD ON - MANY INJURED EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
DUTCH TRAINS COLLIDE HEAD ON - MANY INJURED EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
DUTCH TRAINS COLLIDE HEAD ON - MANY INJURED EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
DUTCH TRAINS COLLIDE HEAD ON - MANY INJURED EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
DUTCH TRAINS COLLIDE HEAD ON - MANY INJURED EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

DUTCH TRAINS COLLIDE HEAD ON - MANY INJURED

5 posters

Go down

DUTCH TRAINS COLLIDE HEAD ON - MANY INJURED Empty DUTCH TRAINS COLLIDE HEAD ON - MANY INJURED

Post  Lamplighter Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:10 pm

Dutch passenger trains collide in Amsterdam injuring dozens
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
First Posted: April 21, 2012 - 1:36 pm
Last Updated: April 21, 2012 - 3:16 pm

AMSTERDAM — Two busy passenger trains collided head-on near an Amsterdam park Saturday, injuring scores of people including more than 50 seriously, a police spokesman said.

National Police Corps spokesman Ed Kraszewski told Amsterdam local news network AT5 that some 70 people had minor injuries and 51 were "seriously or very seriously injured." He said the victims sustained broken bones and neck injuries.

Fleets of ambulances ferried injured away from the scene.

AT5 posted photos on its website showing two trains that appeared to have collided head-on. Both trains were still on the rails and the double-decker intercity train sustained damage near some doors close to the impact.

While the damage did not appear too severe from the outside, Kraszewski said the carriages on one of the trains were spacious and that may have led to injuries.

"We assume many people were thrown around the train by the crash; against walls, seats and other people," he said.

It was not immediately clear how the two trains could wind up traveling toward one another on the same track. Kraszewski said the cause of the crash would be investigated.

The crash caused chaotic train traffic around western Amsterdam and halted all trains between the city's Central Station and Schiphol Airport.

A spokeswoman for Dutch train operator NS did not return calls seeking more details.
DUTCH TRAINS COLLIDE HEAD ON - MANY INJURED A9edb4fe986281c701ff2181df246c79
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

DUTCH TRAINS COLLIDE HEAD ON - MANY INJURED Empty Re: DUTCH TRAINS COLLIDE HEAD ON - MANY INJURED

Post  sadie Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:57 pm

The photographs show so little damage for all the injuries! Can you imagine what it must be like to come to a sudden dead halt, like that?

The yellow train is a double decker train, I see. Very nice to ride upstairs and see the views. The Dutch trains are lovely trains and travel fast. Seems they are lucky that no more damagec was done.

It is a mystery that they should be travelling on the same track. I think someone might get into big trouble!

sadie
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

DUTCH TRAINS COLLIDE HEAD ON - MANY INJURED Empty Re: DUTCH TRAINS COLLIDE HEAD ON - MANY INJURED

Post  bb1 Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:40 pm

Double decker trains would be a wonderful way to admire the scenery...

Looking at this picture:

DUTCH TRAINS COLLIDE HEAD ON - MANY INJURED 16213491

I am amazed that the trains are still on the rails. It's no consolation to the people who have been injured, but it could have been a lot worse?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:11 pm

http://www.telegraaf.nl/

The train crash in Amsterdam Saturday 136 injured. Among them are 56 serious injuries: 13 were seriously injured and 43 seriously. Another 80 passengers were slightly injured

DUTCH TRAINS COLLIDE HEAD ON - MANY INJURED Tr_310
Rose
Rose
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  greenink211 Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:41 pm

I know that section of the Dutch Railways very well having worked in the Netherlands in the past.

Like many sections of the Dutch rail system the sections of track around Amsterdam Sloterdijk station allow trains to travel in both directions (not usually at the same time). Signalling errors have occurred there in the past. I recall being on a train which came to a halt in the same area and the guard (in Dutch and English as most announcements are made in both) explained that there was a train on the track ahead of us. Only later did we realise that this wasn't what I would have expected in the UK (a slow running train going in the same direction) but was a train that had also been stopped because it was heading directly at us. We were lucky that day.

I am also reminded that their system allows something else we don't. They use platforms for trains coming in both directions. So you can get a train coming from the east approaching the same platform as one coming from the west for example. There are no buffers between them, just careful braking on the part of the drivers.

I have great sympathy for the people involved today and wish them all speedy recoveries but like all systems, electronic or human, I am afraid errors do occur. The Dutch Railways are ultra efficient, well-managed, a real pleasure to ride on and have a pricing structure which is simplicity itself. Don't let this put anyone off using them please.
greenink211
greenink211
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:39 am

I have travelled many times on Dutch trains and they are very clean and on time! We have double decker trains and travelling upstairs is great fun! As Greenink says, don't be put off travelling by train in Holland, in fact don't be put off travelling by train anywhere in Europe; you stand more chance of dying in a plane crash or in a motorway pile-up than in a train crash. LL

This is a Dutch one:
DUTCH TRAINS COLLIDE HEAD ON - MANY INJURED 13rail1

Austrian one - this is in two sections:

Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down