JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
DONALD TRUMP THREATENS TO SUE SCOTLAND EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
DONALD TRUMP THREATENS TO SUE SCOTLAND EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
DONALD TRUMP THREATENS TO SUE SCOTLAND EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
DONALD TRUMP THREATENS TO SUE SCOTLAND EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
DONALD TRUMP THREATENS TO SUE SCOTLAND EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
DONALD TRUMP THREATENS TO SUE SCOTLAND EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
DONALD TRUMP THREATENS TO SUE SCOTLAND EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
DONALD TRUMP THREATENS TO SUE SCOTLAND EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
DONALD TRUMP THREATENS TO SUE SCOTLAND EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

DONALD TRUMP THREATENS TO SUE SCOTLAND

5 posters

Go down

DONALD TRUMP THREATENS TO SUE SCOTLAND Empty DONALD TRUMP THREATENS TO SUE SCOTLAND

Post  Lamplighter Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:47 pm

Trump threatens to sue Scotland over wind farm plan
April 27, 2012 -- Updated 1844 GMT (0244 HKT)
Donald Trump: I will sue Scotland
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
Tycoon Donald Trump threatens to sue the Scottish government over wind farm plans
Trump opposes plans to build wind farm near his new golf course in Aberdeenshire
Billionaire claims Scotland's first minister told him wind farm would not go ahead
Trump has faced criticism of his golf and hotel complex from environmental groups
(CNN) -- It was Donald Trump's long-held dream. To build the best links golf course in the world in Scotland, as a tribute to his late mother who was born in the country.
But it is fast turning into a nightmare for the billionaire business tycoon.
After initial opposition to the project from environmental groups, Trump now has a green problem of his own, in the shape of an offshore wind farm.
With the Trump International Golf Links ready for action from July, Trump has shelved plans for an adjoining hotel until a decision is made on the wind farm.
Blowing in the wind: Trump to ditch $1bn Scottish golf resort?
And he was in Scotland this week to accuse the government of luring him into his £1 bn project by telling him the offshore developemtn would never be built.
Trump threatens to sue Scotland
He told CNN he plans to sue, unless the development is abandoned.
"If an administration that's previous gives a statement, and if you rely on that statement, and then you build and spend tens of millions of pounds in this case, building this great course -- if you do that and rely on certain statements, and the next administration say 'Well, we're not going to (do that)', then I think that is unfair..
"I don't think that is good business. I think people looking to invest in Scotland will look at this and say 'Well, we'll invest some place else.'
"I will sue if they try to advance it further, I will be suing Scotland."
Trump said he would never have begun his project on the east coast of Scotland if he thought the mooted wind farm was a possibility.
He says he received assurances from Alex Salmond at a dinner in New York back in 2007 that the offshore development, which is just a mile from his course, would not go ahead.
Trump told the committee that pursuing the construction of wind farms could, in his opinion, be the ruination of Scotland.
I will sue if they try to advance it further, I will be suing Scotland
Donald Trump
"The last thing I needed was to build a course in Scotland," he told CNN. "But the land was so incredible and in honor of my mother, who was born in Scotland, I thought it'd be a great idea.
"So I decided to do it and it came out even better than I thought."
Two groups of protestors gathered outside the Scottish parliament for Trump's visit -- those who support his opposition to wind farms, and those who claim his development has spoiled an area of outstanding natural beauty.
But advocates of Scotland's policy of embracing renewable energy projects insist the government should not be blown off course by entrepreneurs like Trump.
Niall Stuart, CEO of Scottish Renewables, insists the country's reputation for being at the forefront of the sustainable energy campaign must be maintained.
"Our government is absolutely committed to maximizing not just the environmental benefits of renewable energy but also the economic and employment benefits of renewable energy," he told CNN.
"Actually it's that political commitment to renewables that has put Scotland on the map internationally."

Link to video : http://edition.cnn.com/2012/04/27/sport/golf/golf-trump-scotland-wind/index.html

Last edited by Lamplighter on Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

DONALD TRUMP THREATENS TO SUE SCOTLAND Empty Re: DONALD TRUMP THREATENS TO SUE SCOTLAND

Post  bb1 Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:01 pm

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

PWNED
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

DONALD TRUMP THREATENS TO SUE SCOTLAND Empty Re: DONALD TRUMP THREATENS TO SUE SCOTLAND

Post  Lamplighter Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:11 pm

bb1 wrote: rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

PWNED

Trump is a son of Fred Trump and his wife, Mary Anne MacLeod, who married in 1936. His mother was born on the Isle of Lewis, off the west coast of Scotland.

What does PWNEWD mean, please? LL scratch
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:14 pm

It means Trump should have made sure he had a lang spoon before he started supping, LL. Wink
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:59 pm

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/alex-salmond-says-lessons-learned-from-trump-and-murdoch-dealings-1-2265563

Alex Salmond says lessons learned from Trump and Murdoch dealings

By SCOTT MACNAB
Published on Monday 30 April 2012 13:40

ALEX SALMOND today said he has learned a lesson in dealing with the rich and powerful after the row surrounding his link with Rupert Murdoch and Donald Trump.

First Minister says he “doesn’t care” what Trump thinks after the US developer claimed he was betrayed by Salmond over his golf course in the North-east.

But the SNP leader says he should have been more forceful in making it clear his dealings with powerful figures are about securing jobs for Scotland.

It comes amid opposition claims that he supported Mr Murdoch’s bid to takeover BSkyB to gain favourable press coverage for the SNP.

But Mr Salmond insisted today: “There was no quid pro quo.”

He added: “What there was, was the issue of jobs and employment in Scotland.

“Their argument was in terms of a consolidation of the ownership of BSkyB, that would mean an expansion of activities and that Scotland would be well placed to benefit.”

BSkyB employs 6,400 people in Glasgow, Uddingston, Livingston and Dunfermline.

Mr Salmond told BBC Scotland’s Call Kaye show today that the firm was “good employer” in Scotland.

“I would like to see more jobs in Scotland and that means more BSkyB jobs. There were 2000 jobs, which were under very substantial threat, but which are now being maintained and slightly expended in terms of contracting.”

He added: “The job of the First Minister is jobs and getting as many as we possibly can for Scotland. That’s one of the vital things a First Minister does.

“The lesson learned is that I’ll maybe advocate that even more forcibly and I look forward to my chance at the Leveson inquiry to spell that out in considerable detail.”

Mr Salmond has been branded an “undercover lobbyist” for Rupert Murdoch after emails emerged at the Leveson inquiry into press ethics which revealed that he was ready to lobby under fire UK culture secretary Jeremy Hunt in support of the media mogul’s takeover of BSkyB.

Trump is furious about proposals to build a windfarm adjacent to his golf resort in the North-east after claiming both Salmond and his predecessor Lord McConnell assured him this would not be built.

“I’ve fallen out with Donlad Trump because he doesn’t seem to understand that offshore renewable energy will bring 28,000 jobs to Scotland over the next 10 years,” Mr Salmond added.

“If you keep your eye on the jobs and investment, then you’re doing the job for Scotland. I wouldn’t be doing the job for Scotland if I said I would like to see 28,000 jobs, but Donald Trump says `boo’ to me so I will now change my mind about renewable energy in Scotland.

“The reason for the argument with Donald Trump is that I think offshore renewable energy is one of the key issues in the re-industrialisation of this country. I don’t care what Donald Trump says.”
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:56 pm

Gawd, the Donald - you just have to laugh at him sometimes. biggrin

He is a very smart business man usually but this? Does he think he can win?

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:05 pm

I know, Lily. He really isn't in any position to moan about offshore windfarms anyway, as many locals were against his golf course because they preferred the environment as it was.

He probably isn't used to people telling him they don't care what he thinks rofl rofl rofl
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:16 pm

as many locals were against his golf course because they preferred the environment as it was.

Oh the irony of it all and I bet it is lost on him. rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:33 pm

The fight against his golf course is still going on; it's a gift to satirists, due to its resemblance to Local Hero...

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2012/03/26/trump-music-video-gets-the-green-light-from-queen-guitarist-brian-may/

Trump music video gets the green light from Queen guitarist Brian May

inShare

QUEEN guitarist Brian May has given his blessing to a new version of Bohemian Rhapsody – sung by a Donald Trump puppet.
The video, which is set to take YouTube by storm, was made by campaigners who wanted to express their anger at Trump’s controversial golf resort development on the Aberdeenshire coast.
The Trump puppet, filmed against a background of unspoiled coastal scenery, sings a hilarious parody of the Queen hit, boasting: “I’m just a rich kid, I’m no nonentity.”

etc....I think you get the idea.

“Local hero” Michael Forbes and his family also feature in the video.
Mr Forbes, who lives on the Menie estate, openly criticised Trump’s plans to build the course and refused to sell him part of his land to make way for the multimillion pound project.
Mr Forbes’ mother Molly, 86, also launched a legal battle against the tycoon, but was forced give up after she was refused legal aid.

She is now being pursued by Trump for legal expenses, which are claimed to have cost him £50,000.

The Donald is not exactly popular right now.....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:48 pm

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:58 pm

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
Here's the website of the campaign against the combover mogul. LL

http://www.trippinguptrump.com/

Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:02 pm

That is hilarious. Thank you Bonny.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:07 pm

The Donald has done something even worse than be a bully - he's made a tw@t of himself.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:15 pm

He really has, Bonny. mad
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:58 pm

If he wanted a lasting memorial to his mother, it beats me why he didn't do something like set up a fund to enable local communities in the Highlands and Islands to buy their land off absentee landlords, encourage small local businesses - something he could have done at a fraction of the cost without all this hassle.

The Donald Championship Golf Course wasn't his brightest idea, not least because Scotland has golf courses like it has rain....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue May 01, 2012 5:41 am

I think there was a bigger motive in all of this, Bonny. Money. As in, how much is in it for him and his company.

Those windmills are, in his mind, spoiling the view for golfers on HIS prestigious golf course. He was not going to let landowners get in his way, which shows how ruthless he really is. Why would he let the installers of windmills do the same?

To hell with the community.

That golf course will be promoted like there is no tomorrow and it will be expensive.

lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue May 01, 2012 9:14 am

I suspect it is doomed to failure, Lily, due to Scotland having so many golf courses which AREN'T run by meglomanaics hated by the locals...

If he does pull out in a temper, it will be back to nature very quickly.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue May 01, 2012 5:00 pm

That would serve him right. biggrin
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue May 01, 2012 8:58 pm

Oh dear...I can see The Donald flouncing....

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/you-don-t-own-scotland-trump-told-1-2253726

You don’t own Scotland, Trump told

Published on Wednesday 25 April 2012 00:39

DONALD Trump was given a blunt warning yesterday that he cannot direct policy on wind power no matter how many millions of pounds he sinks into Scotland.

The move came as the American billionaire property developer prepares to launch a fierce attack on Scotland’s push for wind power at the Scottish Parliament today.

In his sharpest rebuke yet, First Minister Alex Salmond said yesterday that only the “people and the parliament of Scotland” would dictate the energy mix in Scotland. “Investing in Scotland does not imply ownership of Scotland,” he added.

The comments are certain to deepen the spat between the pair, after Mr Trump accused of Mr Salmond of “destroying” Scotland’s landscape with his move to increase wind power in Scotland.

The number of turbines is expected to triple in the coming years, as ministers push forward their efforts to source 100 per cent of the country’s electricity needs from renewable sources.

Mr Trump is expected to be asked by MSPs today to flesh out his claims that both Mr Salmond and former first minister Jack McConnell had given him guarantees that no wind turbines would be situated adjacent to his new course on the Menie Estate in Aberdeenshire.

Both Mr Salmond and Lord McConnell deny having offered him any assurances.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue May 01, 2012 9:10 pm

Is this a good time to say that I like these windmills? They are rather majestic, in my opinion. Splendid even.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue May 01, 2012 9:19 pm

I don't really know enough about it to be for or against, Sabot, I know what you mean about them being rather majestic, and if they are offshore, they aren't bothering the neighbours or anything.

I am not sure how practical they are, after a couple burst into flames during Hurricane Bawbag, but people cannot just keep using up Earth's resources forever.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue May 01, 2012 9:28 pm

I don't know how viable they are either, Bonny, but they do produce electricity, and Britain doesn't get all that many hurricanes.
The point for me is that I don't think they are an eyesore, which is what most people seem to complain about.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  sadie Wed May 02, 2012 10:11 am

I agree they are not an eyesore standing alone. In fact they are very beautiful sculptural pure design but they are an eyesore in a verdant beautiful landscape. They jar the sensibilities.

As Bonny says, place them in the sea over the horizon if possible.

They chop birds to pieces and give out a nasty hum. Neighbours are sometimes half driven mad by them.

But if it is a choice between Nuclear power and wind power, GO FOR WIND POWER every time. Sorry to shout, but I hate and fear Nuclear Power when situated within hundreds of miles of people. Hydro electric is best. Couldn't we harness the power from the river Severn which is in flood atm?

Sorry to diversify. Back to Trump and Scotland.

sadie
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed May 02, 2012 11:24 am

This might interest you, Sadie;

http://www.hi-energy.org.uk/Renewables/Hydro-Energy.htm

we've got a lot of hydro plants already, some just serving small local areas. We don't have the same pressure of population, of course.

Everything has an environmental impact, so it's always going to be swings and roundabouts.

BUT - if water and windpower can be developed to work efficiently, then it is obviously better than the alternatives.

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu May 03, 2012 6:08 pm

How did I miss this?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2135044/Donald-Trump-targeted-pro-turbine-protesters.html

DONALD TRUMP THREATENS TO SUE SCOTLAND Article-0-12C341E8000005DC-981_306x493

DONALD TRUMP THREATENS TO SUE SCOTLAND Article-0-12C1DE63000005DC-37_634x402

Donald Trump's jet taking the billionaire from Aberdeen to the conference in Edinburgh this morning

The Donald was last spotted having a giant hissy fit, raving on about being tempted and betrayed, and on being asked what evidence there was that windfarms damaged tourism, declared:

'I am the evidence. I am an expert in tourism, I am considered a world-class expert in tourism, so when you say where is the evidence, I am the evidence.'

rofl rofl rofl
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down