JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
BRIT WOMAN ARRESTED OVER DRUG SMUGGLING EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
BRIT WOMAN ARRESTED OVER DRUG SMUGGLING EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
BRIT WOMAN ARRESTED OVER DRUG SMUGGLING EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
BRIT WOMAN ARRESTED OVER DRUG SMUGGLING EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
BRIT WOMAN ARRESTED OVER DRUG SMUGGLING EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
BRIT WOMAN ARRESTED OVER DRUG SMUGGLING EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
BRIT WOMAN ARRESTED OVER DRUG SMUGGLING EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
BRIT WOMAN ARRESTED OVER DRUG SMUGGLING EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
BRIT WOMAN ARRESTED OVER DRUG SMUGGLING EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

BRIT WOMAN ARRESTED OVER DRUG SMUGGLING

5 posters

Go down

BRIT WOMAN ARRESTED OVER DRUG SMUGGLING Empty BRIT WOMAN ARRESTED OVER DRUG SMUGGLING

Post  Lamplighter Tue May 29, 2012 11:12 am

Brit Woman Held Over £1.6m Bali Drugs Haul
Sky News – 17 hours ago

A 55-year-old British woman has been arrested in Bali for allegedly smuggling £1.6m worth of cocaine in her luggage.

Housewife Lindsay Sandiford was stopped with the 4.7kg haul in the lining of a suitcase as she arrived on a flight from Bangkok on May 19, customs officials said.
If convicted she faces a maximum penalty of death by firing squad.

Sandiford, who is originally from Redcar, North Yorkshire, attempted to cover her face as she was brought before the media at a news conference in Kuta, a holiday town on the Indonesian island.

She was pictured sitting at a table surrounded by packages wrapped in brown tape as a customs official cut them open with a knife. Wearing an orange inmate's T-shirt, she was flanked by armed officers wearing black masks.

According to the Australian Associated Press news agency, Sandiford has told police she only agreed to make the trip because her children in England were being threatened.

A sting operation was launched following her arrest leading to four more suspects being held. "For over a week, we conducted a controlled drug delivery through the suspect, Sandiford, to uncover a drug ring," said a senior Bali narcotics officer. "Four Britons, including Sandiford, and one Indian citizen were arrested."

A further 68g of cocaine, 280g of powdered ecstasy and a small amount of hashish were recovered following the arrest of the other alleged gang members, officials said.
A spokesman for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office said: "We are aware of the arrest in Bali, and we stand ready to provide consular assistance."

More than 140 people are on death row as a result of drug convictions in the country, and a third of those are foreigners.

If she is guilty, then I have no sympathy for her whatsoever. And the standard excuse is often that the carrier's family is being threatened. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

BRIT WOMAN ARRESTED OVER DRUG SMUGGLING Empty Re: BRIT WOMAN ARRESTED OVER DRUG SMUGGLING

Post  bb1 Tue May 29, 2012 11:27 am

No, can't say I believed it, either, LL. I suspect greed and stupidity are more likely to be the cause....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

BRIT WOMAN ARRESTED OVER DRUG SMUGGLING Empty Re: BRIT WOMAN ARRESTED OVER DRUG SMUGGLING

Post  Sabot Wed May 30, 2012 8:47 am

Don't you just wonder at the stupidity. And it jolly well serves them right. It's not as though they don't know the penalties.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed May 30, 2012 4:15 pm

http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/16238180

Bali Drugs Arrest: UK Woman Claims 'Fit-Up'

BRIT WOMAN ARRESTED OVER DRUG SMUGGLING 16238191

Ms Dougall and Mr Ponder are believed to be partners with a young daughter

A British woman facing the death penalty after being arrested over a £1.6m cocaine haul has pleaded for help from behind bars in an Indonesian jail.

Rachel Dougall claims she was the victim of a "fit-up" after she was detained by police in Bali following the arrest of British housewife Lindsay Sandiford.
Mrs Sandiford, 55, was allegedly caught with 4.8kg of the drug stuffed in the lining of a suitcase as she arrived on the Indonesian island.
She agreed to take part in a sting operation in which police swooped on four other suspects after her arrest last week.
The Foreign Office confirmed that the suspects being held include Ms Dougall and fellow British nationals Julian Ponder and Paul Beales.
An Indian man was also arrested.

BRIT WOMAN ARRESTED OVER DRUG SMUGGLING 16236715

Mrs Sandiford faces the death penalty if convicted

Ms Dougall and Mr Ponder, who are believed to be partners with a young daughter, were filmed as they were taken by police for questioning.
Ms Dougall later shouted through the bars of her cell at Bali police headquarters: "It's a fit-up, get us a decent lawyer."
Customs officials told ITV News that Mrs Sandiford may be spared the death sentence because she helped to catch three other members of the smuggling operation, who could face a firing squad.

Mrs Sandiford, originally from Redcar, Teesside, is thought to have told police she only agreed to make the smuggling trip because her children in England were being threatened.
She was paraded at a press conference alongside the drugs wearing an orange prison T-shirt and hiding her face from cameras.
Masked, armed officers in Kuta, a town on the holiday island, flanked her as she was brought into the room and a customs official cut open packages wrapped in brown tape to reveal a white powder.
Another 68g of cocaine, 280g of powdered ecstasy and a small amount of hashish were also seized following the arrest of the other gang members at separate locations in Bali, officials said.

As they seem to have been caught red-handed with the filthy stuff, please excuse me if I am short of sympathy for any of them.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:13 pm

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:57 pm

She admits that she knew she was carrying something illegal, and that her sons were badly behaved. End of story, really.
I hope they don't give her The Death Penalty, but that seems unlikely. However, I have nothing against long prison sentences for drug traffickers. And that was carrying quite a lot of the stuff.
And if she was so worried about her Boys why wasn't she in England?
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:06 pm

I don't know what else she could have thought she was carrying besides drugs, Sabot. No, I won't shed tears if she gets a long sentence, either - she didn't greatly care about the death and misery the packages were going to bring to other families.

She also had ample opportunities to go to the police of several nations with her 'blackmail' story as she criss-crossed the globe.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:30 pm

As far as I am concerned, drug-smuggling/selling, human trafficking and arms smuggling deserve the death penalty or at least life without remission/parole. Sorry if that sounds brutal, but you reap what you sow. To cause misery for a few bucks is, in my opinion, about as low as you can get. Whining about it cuts nowt with me, she knew what she was doing, she will get what she truly deserves. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:39 pm

She also had ample opportunities to go to the police of several nations with her 'blackmail' story as she criss-crossed the globe.

Precisely what I thought after reading it. The police in her area of UK being my first choice.

Obviously she is deep in it....... ETA: IMO Pcorneater

lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:35 pm

Former neighbours in Cheltenham, where the family once lived, last month described them as ‘neighbours from hell’.
And Mrs Sandiford admits: ‘We were. I had two boys with learning difficulties who fought each other constantly. We were the neighbours from hell but it wasn’t like they were smashing anybody else’s stuff up. I had two really naughty boys.’

This is a particular antisocial behavior environment, brrrrr, a low level thinking, attitudes, inveterate criminals and herein fits the crime of mother exactly.
I am against the death penalty because it is irreversible, but this woman needs locked up.
Rose
Rose
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down