JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Spanish church mural ruined by well-intentioned restorer EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Spanish church mural ruined by well-intentioned restorer EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Spanish church mural ruined by well-intentioned restorer EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Spanish church mural ruined by well-intentioned restorer EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Spanish church mural ruined by well-intentioned restorer EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Spanish church mural ruined by well-intentioned restorer EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Spanish church mural ruined by well-intentioned restorer EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Spanish church mural ruined by well-intentioned restorer EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Spanish church mural ruined by well-intentioned restorer EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Spanish church mural ruined by well-intentioned restorer

3 posters

Go down

Spanish church mural ruined by well-intentioned restorer Empty Spanish church mural ruined by well-intentioned restorer

Post  Pedro Silva Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:16 am

Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Spanish church mural ruined by well-intentioned restorer Empty Re: Spanish church mural ruined by well-intentioned restorer

Post  lily Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:43 am

Thank you, Pedro. In all honesty, why did no one stop her?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Spanish church mural ruined by well-intentioned restorer Empty Re: Spanish church mural ruined by well-intentioned restorer

Post  Pedro Silva Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:00 am

You welcome lily, I agree with you. this woman should be ashamed of herself, to ruin a beautiful portait.

that woman, with all do respect, hardly can be considered restorer of old paintings / portraits.

this is truly art restoration:

http://www.framemuseums.org/en/education/article/french-methods-of-art-conservation/

Last edited by Pedro Silva on Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:12 am

She must have raised eyebrows when she first started. I read yesterday that people saw her doing this including the priest.

I just don't understand why he didn't ask her to stop.

lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:14 am

Lily, it seems that the priest authorised it:

take a look at this:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/video/2012/aug/23/art-restorer-ecco-homo-mural-video

you will find the answer here.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:40 am

Eek Oh Pedro, so he did. Shocked Shocked

What a massive mistake that was. The end result is grotesque.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:46 am

yes lily, I agree with you.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:51 am

Spanish church mural ruined by well-intentioned restorer Tdy-120822-restoration-combo-01

I bet the priest didn't actually know exactly what she was doing....I suspect she's trying to spread the blame.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:56 am

I read that she was the one who scraped off the paint where the white parts are to make her paint stick. Shocked

lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:57 am

I bet the priest feels rather sick about it.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:06 pm

I suspect anyone who queried what she was doing was shoo'ed away by her, until the full horror was seen.

And she may be in her eighties, but she is scarcely some little old lady who didn't know what she was doing.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:13 pm

I´m not accusing or blaming anyone, neither the priest nor the old lady. It is only my opinion.

I agree with you bb1: "I bet the priest didn't actually know exactly what she was doing....".
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:56 pm

Oh boy. That woman must really have an over inflated sense of her artistic ability.

lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:37 pm

After fresco is destroyed by old lady's restoration attempt, masterpieces of the art world are given an internet makeover

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2193856/After-fresco-destroyed-old-ladys-restoration-attempt-masterpieces-art-world-given-internet-makeover.html#ixzz24hMeL5Br

Sample:

Spanish church mural ruined by well-intentioned restorer Article-2193856-14B353D6000005DC-915_306x423

rofl rofl rofl rofl
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:20 am

Brilliant. rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:14 am

I don´t see any artistic ability, hardly can be classified as artistic ability.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down