JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Fertilizer Plant Explosion near Waco Texas  EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Fertilizer Plant Explosion near Waco Texas  EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Fertilizer Plant Explosion near Waco Texas  EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Fertilizer Plant Explosion near Waco Texas  EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Fertilizer Plant Explosion near Waco Texas  EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Fertilizer Plant Explosion near Waco Texas  EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Fertilizer Plant Explosion near Waco Texas  EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Fertilizer Plant Explosion near Waco Texas  EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Fertilizer Plant Explosion near Waco Texas  EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Fertilizer Plant Explosion near Waco Texas

3 posters

Go down

Fertilizer Plant Explosion near Waco Texas  Empty Fertilizer Plant Explosion near Waco Texas

Post  lily Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:22 am

lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Fertilizer Plant Explosion near Waco Texas  Empty Re: Fertilizer Plant Explosion near Waco Texas

Post  Lamplighter Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:29 am

Just switched on BBC News and saw this. Oh, dear lady, the USA is really having a bad time! And which idiot had the bright idea of locating a fertilizer factory slap bang in the middle of a residential area? LL hug hug

Last edited by Lamplighter on Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Fertilizer Plant Explosion near Waco Texas  Empty Re: Fertilizer Plant Explosion near Waco Texas

Post  lily Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:18 am

Not only that, there was a fire that broke out at the plant earlier. The people fighting that fire used water. I believe I read that this was volunteer firefighters. That is what caused the explosion....... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:30 am

lily wrote:Not only that, there was a fire that broke out at the plant earlier. The people fighting that fire used water. I believe I read that this was volunteer firefighters. That is what caused the explosion....... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
I was under the impression that foam was used for fires in places such as this, not water. A friend of mine in England had a house fire and foam was used there, and that was 10 years ago. The foam is fire retardant and therefore good, water can in fact cause more problems. And if the water was sprayed on or near electrical points or boxes it can cause shorting and then there will be an explosion. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:54 am

A blaze had broken out earlier at the plant, and the explosion occurred while firefighters were trying to put it out.

“It was a small fire and then water got sprayed on the ammonium nitrate, and it exploded just like the Oklahoma City bomb,” said Jason Shelton, a clerk at the Czech Best Western Hotel in West. “I live about a thousand feet from it and it blew my screen door off and my back windows. There’s houses leveled that were right next to it.”

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/local-news/20130417-breaking-news-explosion-injuries-reported-at-fertilizer-plant-in-west-texas.ece

The above was the source I saw. Of course, it is possible that it is not correct?

If it is, that was crazy.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:07 am

.... water got sprayed on the ammonium nitrate
I don't claim to know much about this, but surely the ammonium nitrate would have been stored in a safe tank, or at least contained somehow so that leaks etc would not occur. I think the water was sprayed on the electrical connections. I found this:

Is Ammonium Nitrate flammable or explosive?
Ammonium nitrate is non flammable, a fire from ammonium nitrate is very unlikely, but it is a strong oxidizing agent that can cause combustible materials (such as wood, paper, and oil) to ignite. Only under extreme conditions of heat and pressure in a confined space will ammonium nitrate explode. Should such an incident occur, there may be a visible cloud of ammonia, carbon dioxide and nitrogen oxides.

So, if it isn't inflammable, what caused the fire that built up such heat that it did go bang? LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:22 am

You know what, LL, it doesn't sound right, does it?

I think I will go with a hearsay type response by the person in the hotel until it is proved otherwise.

There appears to have been some confusion all around early on today with the reporting. Understandably so.

I cannot believe that residential buildings were allowed to be built so close to the plant.

lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:21 am

We shouldn't point fingers while the casualties are being pulled out, but...a fertiliser plant in a residential area?

Fertiliser? The terrorist's favourite ingredient in home made bombs?

http://news.sky.com/story/1079620/texas-explosion-town-totally-decimated

Debby Marak told The Associated Press she noticed a lot of smoke coming from the area across town near the plant, which is near a nursing home.

She said she drove over to see what was happening, and when she got out of her car two boys ran towards her screaming that officials told them to leave because the plant was going to explode.

Moments later the blast happened.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:27 am

Bonny, it sounds mind numbingly stupid, doesn't it?

The poor people. Crying or Very sad
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:36 am

Someone pointed out that this is not far from Waco, and that tomorrow 19 April will be the 20th anniversary of the final shoot-out between the FBI and Koresh (?) and his cult. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:38 am

lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:45 am

Spudgun> Ian C. Purdie - Sydney • 26 minutes ago −
Perhaps you could provide me with a few examples? Since "most" large US business are supposed to have these "military divisions", I'm sure it won't be too difficult for you. Or are these the ramblings of a rather deluded old man..?

Well, he'd be the expert on rambling, deluded old men.....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:50 am

So I see. Pity I can't post on there or I would ask him if he is taking time off from harassing and threatening violence to the McCanns. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:02 pm

He's such an angry neck snapper, isn't he?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:56 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/1079620/texas-explosion-looters-target-town

What kind of scum loots after a disaster like this? Though I am sure the Texas police will deal with such lowlifes robustly...
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:06 pm

bb1 wrote:http://news.sky.com/story/1079620/texas-explosion-looters-target-town

What kind of scum loots after a disaster like this? Though I am sure the Texas police will deal with such lowlifes robustly...
Looters don't care, they see no shame in the practice. There were looters around the WTC on 9/ll and there were lots of them after the Japanese tsunami and the tragedies in Haiti and New Orleans. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down