JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
VERDICT IN FLORIDA MURDER TRIAL - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
VERDICT IN FLORIDA MURDER TRIAL - Page 2 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
VERDICT IN FLORIDA MURDER TRIAL - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
VERDICT IN FLORIDA MURDER TRIAL - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
VERDICT IN FLORIDA MURDER TRIAL - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
VERDICT IN FLORIDA MURDER TRIAL - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
VERDICT IN FLORIDA MURDER TRIAL - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
VERDICT IN FLORIDA MURDER TRIAL - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
VERDICT IN FLORIDA MURDER TRIAL - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

VERDICT IN FLORIDA MURDER TRIAL

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

VERDICT IN FLORIDA MURDER TRIAL - Page 2 Empty Re: VERDICT IN FLORIDA MURDER TRIAL

Post  lily Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:31 am

thumbsup 
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

VERDICT IN FLORIDA MURDER TRIAL - Page 2 Empty Re: VERDICT IN FLORIDA MURDER TRIAL

Post  Lamplighter Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:34 am

My take on this, for what it is worth, is that the prosecution made a horrendous error in going for 2nd degree murder. They should have made it manslaughter which the judge could then (my US law is very rusty so I may be wrong here) pass as a short jailing or even a suspended sentence. As it is, Zimmerman has the equivalent of a death sentence hanging over his head, because you can bet there is a black man somewhere who will see it as a jihad to take him out. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:43 am

Why bring in the race card at all? And why are they refusing to accept the verdict? Why bother to have trials in the first place? Or are they trying to frighten juries into the verdicts of public opinion?
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:51 pm

I stand to be corrected, LL, but as far as I can make out, under florida law, if someone younger, bigger and stronger than you is banging your head off a pavement, it's quite legal to shoot them...

Also in the forensic reports is the rather important detail that Martin had no injuries apart from the fatal bullet wound; Zimmerman had assorted cuts, lumps and scrapes consistent with his version of events.

As far as I am aware, forensic reports are colour-blind - whether people like what they say or not.

IMO, the media are to blame for a lot of the hysteria - and I do not know what Obama was thinking about, taking sides in a criminal case.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:09 pm

Under Florida law, there is no "duty to retreat" if you are attacked in any place you have a lawful right to be. Instead, you may stand your ground and meet force with force, including deadly force, if you reasonably believe it is necessary to prevent death or great bodily harm to yourself or others.
This permits you to defend yourself even up to and actually killing someone.  This is the famous stand your ground law which Zimmerman's defense was based on.  Re the bumps, cuts etc I believe 2 experts gave diametrically opposite views as to them.   Yo b truthful I have watched some reports on this but have been too busy with other matters to really delve into it.  LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:24 pm

bb1 wrote:I stand to be corrected, LL, but as far as I can make out, under florida law, if someone younger, bigger and stronger than you is banging your head off a pavement, it's quite legal to shoot them...

Also in the forensic reports is the rather important detail that Martin had no injuries apart from the fatal bullet wound; Zimmerman had assorted cuts, lumps and scrapes consistent with his version of events.

As far as I am aware, forensic reports are colour-blind - whether people like what they say or not.

IMO, the media are to blame for a lot of the hysteria - and I do not know what Obama was thinking about, taking sides in a criminal case.

You are correct, Bonny.

Unfortunately, Sabot that card is played regularly. It's a shame to use it really, when you think about it. It makes a separation instead of inclusion as members of the human race.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:07 am

Interesting interview with a juror:

http://news.sky.com/story/1116320/zimmerman-juror-defends-not-guilty-verdict

Quote-

A juror in the George Zimmerman trial has said the actions of both the former Florida neighbourhood watch volunteer and Trayvon Martin led to the teenager's fatal shooting.

The woman known as Juror B37 told CNN that Zimmerman made some poor decisions leading up to the shooting, but that he had not broken the law.

She added that Martin was not innocent either.

"I think both were responsible for the situation they had gotten themselves into," said the juror, one of six women who made up the panel. "I think they both could have walked away."

And I would say that's just about spot-on.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:23 am

And that sums it up for me too. And if they take this any further they will make a laughing stock of American Justice.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:37 am

Pity those howling with outrage hadn't saved their ire for what, IMO, lay at the heart of it, Sabot - two blokes having a p*ssing contest which ended, as these things often do, in tragedy.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:00 am

two blokes having a p*ssing contest which ended, as these things often do, in tragedy.

Sadly, that is what it seems to boil down to.

lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2