JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Algerian airliner vanishes over Africa EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Algerian airliner vanishes over Africa EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Algerian airliner vanishes over Africa EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Algerian airliner vanishes over Africa EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Algerian airliner vanishes over Africa EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Algerian airliner vanishes over Africa EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Algerian airliner vanishes over Africa EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Algerian airliner vanishes over Africa EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Algerian airliner vanishes over Africa EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Algerian airliner vanishes over Africa

5 posters

Go down

Algerian airliner vanishes over Africa Empty Algerian airliner vanishes over Africa

Post  bb1 Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:07 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/1306685/passenger-jet-carrying-116-vanishes-from-radar

Passenger Jet Carrying 116 Vanishes From Radar
A plane carrying 110 passengers and six crew disappears while flying from Burkina Faso to Algeria in West Africa.

Algerian airliner vanishes over Africa Map-1-522x293

The plane was flying from Ouagadougou to Algiers but did not reach the city

A passenger plane has disappeared from radar while flying from the West African country of Burkina Faso.

The jet carrying 110 passengers and six crew was flying from Burkina Faso's capital Ouagadougou to Algiers when it vanished around 50 minutes into the flight.

"In keeping with procedures, Air Algerie has launched its emergency plan," Algeria's APS state news agency quoted the airline as saying.

Flight AH5017 is owned by Spanish private airline Swiftair and operated by Air Algerie.

Swiftair said the aircraft took off from Burkina Faso at 1.17am local time and was supposed to land in Algiers at 5.10am local time but never reached its destination.

The McDonnell Douglas MD-83 had been missing for hours before news of its disappearance was made public.

Its flight path was not immediately clear.

Ouagadougou is in a nearly straight line south of Algiers, passing over Mali where unrest continues in the north of the country.

Airlines had been warned not to fly over Mali in recent days, Sky News understands.

However, a senior French official said it is unlikely that fighters in Mali could shoot down a plane.

They are known to have shoulder-fired weapons which could not hit an aircraft travelling at a cruising altitude of some 33,000ft.

Swiftair has a fleet of more than 30 planes flying in Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Algerian airliner vanishes over Africa Empty Re: Algerian airliner vanishes over Africa

Post  Pedro Silva Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:25 pm

another missing plane, I wonder what is the real cause of these problems with planes.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Algerian airliner vanishes over Africa Empty Re: Algerian airliner vanishes over Africa

Post  bb1 Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:40 pm

Usually it's mundane, Pedro, bad weather or human error. Yesterday's crash in Taiwan appears to be weather-related:

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/asia/story/5-things-know-about-penghu-site-taiwan-plane-crash-20140724

Penghu, a favourite destination for tourists, is the site of Taiwan's deadliest plane crash in 12 years.

A turboprop plane, run by Taiwan-based TransAsia Airways, was heading from Kaohsiung to the island of Makong, but crash-landed in Penghu due to violent weather on July 23. It was carrying 54 passengers and four crew on board. The majority of the passengers on board were Taiwanese. Two were French nationals and one passenger was from Hong Kong. The crash killed a total of 48 people. The crash was the latest in a series of air traffic accidents at the island chain.

- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/asia/story/5-things-know-about-penghu-site-taiwan-plane-crash-20140724#sthash.FSQ0JwVG.dpuf
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:48 pm

I can safely say that this will never happen to me.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:02 pm

Me niether, Sabot. There was actually a time when I didn't mind flying - back when flying wasn't a total hassle - and then I was on a plane with engine trouble...not one of life's pleasanter feelings. I did fly again after that, but wasn't happy. Now, if I can't get there by road, train or boat, I ain't going.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:11 pm

It's being reported that Fidel Castro's niece was on the flight.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:16 pm

Me neither, Bonny. And I have flown half way round the world in my time, usually pissed. But you always have to fly back again, so any holiday that involved aeroplanes was always ruined.

And No, I don't want to be cured. I would rather have a run in with a Tarantula.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:21 pm

I love flying, but I also adore trains and now one can go right across Europe in one there is really no contest. When I was in the US I did a lot of train travel. You can see so much more of the countries you are passing through than in a tube at 33,000 ft. No contest really. Most times I travel by RV. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:23 pm

It's not just the crashing, which seems to happening more and more even without war zones, it's the hassle. Last time I was at Gatwick, there were armed police, etc., on patrol, and that was BEFORE 9/11.

I think I will cherish my memories of flying in civilized times, when seats had ashtrays and you put on your best clothes. Not a tracksuit, ready for combat in case you have to battle the crazy drunk/terrorist.

That's another thing, LL, yes, you get into a tube at one airport, get off at another one - and you have no idea where you've been on the journey. You can't look out the window at the changing scenery, nothing.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:28 pm

Lamplighter wrote:I love flying, but I also adore trains and now one can go right across Europe in one there is really no contest.    When I was in the US I did a lot of train travel.   You can see so much more of the countries you are passing through than in a tube at 33,000 ft.   No contest really.    Most times I travel by RV.   LL

From Europe, LL, you can drive and or train it around most of the norther hemisphere. Technically, that is. There is just that short bit between Russia and Alaska, and you can get a boat for that bit.

How many people have been killed in air crashes this week?
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:30 pm

Four hundred plus, I think, Sabot. I actually saw figures for air crashes somewhere or other, and they are getting more frequent. It's still the safest way to travel, but I figure, I can swim, I sure can't fly....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:40 pm

bb1 wrote:Four hundred plus, I think, Sabot. I actually saw figures for air crashes somewhere or other, and they are getting more frequent. It's still the safest way to travel, but I figure, I can swim, I sure can't fly....
Humans can swim, but I have never seen one with wings.   Oh, unless you include angels and devils of course.    LL     rofl  rofl  rofl  rofl 
Algerian airliner vanishes over Africa Angel_demon
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:47 pm

I can barely swim. But there are always Life Jackets.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:18 pm

I don't have much choice as the places I travel to have to be by air. I don't mind flying and have traveled many times around the globe in terms of air miles as that is necessitated by my life.

It is definitely not as pleasurable as it was, as flights are now always full no matter where you travel, even in first class.

More and more airlines are coming into existence in more and more countries as jobs and vacation spots open up there. The skies are so crowded and you can see just how by looking at flight tracker sites.  Shocked 

However, I always feel so much for the people who are involved in crashes. I regret to say that they may become more frequent with this surge in flights and getting them turned around for the next flight etc. Plus, not all pilots are trained equally well as in earlier times and are too computer reliant. These are such sobering thoughts.

The poor people..... Crying or Very sad 

lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:57 pm

Too true, Lily. About pilots.

Whatever happened to the horse and cart?
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:59 pm

Sometimes I do wonder what progress is? Is it actually that?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:10 pm

Some people reckon that the peak of human civilization was actually around about 1900. The things that made life pleasanter had been invented - electricity, plumbing, the telegraph and telephone, etc., but the really destructive things hadn't.

The Wright Brothers had barely discovered how to fly when the geniuses started chucking bombs out of the earliest planes, in the course of some Balkan war, I believe?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:14 pm

lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:25 pm

about bad weather or human error, what I don´t understand is: if bad weather is in the area of where the airport is located why it is authorized to planes to fly?

human error, don´t they have radars to try to avoid that error of happening?
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:41 pm

Pedro Silva wrote:about bad weather or human error, what I don´t understand is: if bad weather is in the area of where the airport is located why it is authorized to planes to fly?

human error, don´t they have radars to try to avoid that error of happening?

Difficult, Pedro. The weather can change within a couple of miles.

Just don't fly, is my advice.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:43 pm

Unfortunately, Pedro, human beings do stupid things. They ignore instrument panels and decide their 'guts' are telling them where they are in the sky. They decide, Oh, I've landed here nine times before in bad weather, it'll be all right on the tenth time.

One plane crashed because the guy filling up the tank had muddled up metric and imperial measure, and had fuelled it with, say, 1000 litres instead of 1000 gallons.

Never underestimate the ability of humans to f*ck up.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:35 pm

Sabot, I understand your words, I agree with it, I also agree with bb1.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:24 pm

Good Heavens! From:

http://news.sky.com/story/1307418/plane-survivor-crawls-out-of-fiery-wreckage

Plane Survivor Crawls Out Of Fiery Wreckage
After the aircraft slams into homes, the woman drags herself out of the wreckage - then calls her dad to come and collect her.

A woman escaped from the fiery wreckage of the TransAsia Airways plane by clambering through a hole in the fuselage - and then phoned her father to come and pick her up.

Hung Yu-ting was one of only 10 survivors when the aircraft crashed into houses near a runway on Taiwan's Penghu islands on Wednesday.

"She called me on the phone to say the plane had crashed and exploded but that she had already crawled out and I should come right away to get her," said Hung Yu-ting's father, who lives a few hundred metres from the crash site.

"When I was halfway there the fire was still really big, but it was smaller when I arrived on the scene," Mr Hung told reporters.

"There were two other injured outside and the first ambulance had already taken away three, including my daughter."

Hung Chang-ming helped rescuers put out the fire and dragged more people from the wrecked plane before later being reunited with his 34-year-old daughter.

She suffered burns to her arms, leg and back during her escape and is recovering in hospital.

Forty-eight people were killed when the twin propeller ATR-72, which had taken off from Taipei, crashed while trying to land in stormy conditions and low visibility.

Astounding that anyone survived this:

Algerian airliner vanishes over Africa Rtr3zwtf-1-778x437

Poor woman, bless her for surviving that and phoning her dad.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:40 pm

Wow. Hope she recovers really quickly.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:45 pm

I agree with: "bless her for surviving that and phoning her dad." "Hope she recovers really quickly."
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down