JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Debris 'very likely' to be missing Malaysian airliner EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Debris 'very likely' to be missing Malaysian airliner EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Debris 'very likely' to be missing Malaysian airliner EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Debris 'very likely' to be missing Malaysian airliner EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Debris 'very likely' to be missing Malaysian airliner EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Debris 'very likely' to be missing Malaysian airliner EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Debris 'very likely' to be missing Malaysian airliner EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Debris 'very likely' to be missing Malaysian airliner EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Debris 'very likely' to be missing Malaysian airliner EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Debris 'very likely' to be missing Malaysian airliner

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Debris 'very likely' to be missing Malaysian airliner Empty Debris 'very likely' to be missing Malaysian airliner

Post  bb1 Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:50 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/1527459/malaysia-pm-debris-very-likely-to-be-mh370

Malaysia PM: Debris 'Very Likely' To Be MH370
Wreckage believed to be part of a wing from a Boeing 777 is found on Reunion Island and will be taken to France for examination.

Malaysia's Prime Minister says it is "very likely" that wreckage found on Reunion Island is that of a Boeing 777 - possibly missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.

The two-metre-long chunk, which aviation experts say appears to be a flaperon, has an identifying number and was found covered in shells on Wednesday morning.

There were also reports from local media that a badly-damaged suitcase had been found near where the wreckage was discovered. Police on the island are investigating the suitcase, which was found by a  local worker.

Debris 'very likely' to be missing Malaysian airliner Debris-map-online-2-589x442

Malaysia's Prime Minister Najib Razak said: "Initial reports suggest that the debris is very likely to be from a Boeing 777 but we need to verify whether it is from MH370.

"We have had many false alarms before but, for the sake of the families who have lost loved ones, and suffered such heartbreaking uncertainty, I pray that we will find out the truth so that they may have closure and peace."

Debris 'very likely' to be missing Malaysian airliner Gettyimages-482269752-1-736x414

....more at link.

Seems to have floated right past Diego Garcia?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Debris 'very likely' to be missing Malaysian airliner Empty Re: Debris 'very likely' to be missing Malaysian airliner

Post  bb1 Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:58 pm

Debris 'very likely' to be missing Malaysian airliner Screen35

Guess what the red dot is?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Debris 'very likely' to be missing Malaysian airliner Empty Re: Debris 'very likely' to be missing Malaysian airliner

Post  Lamplighter Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:15 pm

Pray enlighten me, I do know it's not the Republic of Donetsk. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:22 pm

Diego Garcia, LL. Huge, secretive, US base on UK territory -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diego_Garcia

Diego Garcia is an atoll located south of the equator in the central Indian Ocean. Diego Garcia is the largest of the 60 small islands comprising the Chagos Archipelago. Diego Garcia was settled by the French in the 1790s and was transferred to British rule after the Napoleonic Wars. It was one of the "Dependencies" of the British Colony of Mauritius until it was detached for inclusion in the newly created British Indian Ocean Territory (BIOT) in 1965. Between 1968 and 1973, the population of the BIOT was removed to Mauritius and The Seychelles, following which the United States built a large naval and military base on Diego Garcia, which has been in continuous operation ever since. As of March 2015, Diego Garcia is the only inhabited island of the BIOT; the population is composed of military personnel and supporting contractors.

The UK deported the original inhabitants.

It's yet another of these sites that spies on every living creature on the globe - but supposedly, didn't see MH-370.

Many people - me included - think there's no great mystery about what happened to the plane. It went off course for reasons unknown, Diego Garcia panicked thinking it was a terrorist attack, and shot it down. The rest is all smoke and mirrors.

As with MH-17, I simply do not believe that all this high-tech, whizzy spying gear, and satellites, the US possesses, didn't pick it up.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:42 pm

I saw that Bonny.  Amazing, isn't it?

That makes the most amount of sense and I thought similarly yesterday.  

Many people - me included - think there's no great mystery about what happened to the plane. It went off course for reasons unknown, Diego Garcia panicked thinking it was a terrorist attack, and shot it down. The rest is all smoke and mirrors.

As with MH-17, I simply do not believe that all this high-tech, whizzy spying gear, and satellites, the US possesses, didn't pick it up.

lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:47 pm

God, I don't think I can handle this. I think I'm getting paranoid.

PS. Don't fly.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:00 pm

It is still the safest mode of transport, Sabot.  When things go wrong they go wrong on a large scale....
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:12 pm

lily wrote:It is still the safest mode of transport, Sabot.  When things go wrong they go wrong on a large scale....

Not with me on board, Lily. This is one way in which I am definitely not going to die.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:23 pm

I think I understand, Sabot.  Wink
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:28 pm

It encompasses everything I most fear, Lily. No control. Falling from a great height with time enough to know what is happening. And then death, probably by drowning.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:46 pm

I don't blame you and some of those fears I do share with you.  However,  I don't dwell on them.  I know that we all die......
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:15 pm

lily wrote:I don't blame you and some of those fears I do share with you.  However,  I don't dwell on them.  I know that we all die......

But not just yet, Dear Lord.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Debris 'very likely' to be missing Malaysian airliner Empty Latest: MH370: Reunion debris is from missing plane

Post  Lamplighter Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:20 pm

Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:26 pm

Part of the aircraft wing found on Reunion island is from the missing MH370 plane, Malaysian prime minister Najib Razak has confirmed.
Mr Razak said international experts examining the debris in France had "conclusively confirmed" it was from the aircraft.
The Malaysia Airlines plane carrying 239 people veered off course from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing in March 2014.
The debris was examined at an aeronautical test centre near Toulouse.
It was found on the remote French Indian Ocean island of Reunion a week ago.
In a statement, Mr Razak said the "the burden and uncertainty faced by the families" in the 515 days since the aircraft disappeared had been "unspeakable".
"We now have physical evidence that flight MH370 tragically ended in the southern Indian Ocean," he added.

Well, that's one piece of the puzzle....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:13 pm

have they recovered the black boxes that recorded everything about the plane?
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:16 pm

No, Pedro, only that one piece of wing - everything else was just general washed-up household junk.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:25 pm

ok bb1.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:27 pm

I wonder if in the middle of that household junk, the black boxes are there.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:31 pm

It was reported yesterday over here, that a window from a 777 was found.  

A suitcase was found a few days ago.  Maybe lots more will show up now?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:15 pm

It's almost certainly not a window, Lily..

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/mh370-plane-window-found-reunion-6195153

Debris 'very likely' to be missing Malaysian airliner MH370-Debris

News World news Flight MH370
Is MH370 'plane window' found in Reunion Island debris actually a SEWING MACHINE?
04:16, 5 AUGUST 2015
BY NATALIE EVANS , STEVE ROBSON , RICHARD WHEATSTONE
Authorities in Malaysia have also claimed the plastic could be from a ladder while observers in China believe it is part of a kettle

217 Shares
Tweet
+1
Pinterest

A piece of plastic found on Reunion Island has fuelled hopes the debris could be a plane window from missing MH370.

But authorities on the Indian Ocean island have reportedly already sought to scotch the suggestions after a policewoman claimed the plastic could be no more than a sewing machine.

A jogger uncovered the latest find which it's believed could be linked to the missing Malaysia Airlines jet.

The man, who gave his named only as Bruno to local media, called police when he noticed the unusual object washed up on a beach.

He called police and an officer took the piece of plastic, which measures around a foot long, away for testing.

Bruno made the find only a few hundred metres from where a much larger piece of debris, believed to be a flaperon from a Boeing 777 was discovered last week.

It was taken to France where investigators are set to give a verdict on if it is from missing flight MH370 in the next 24 hours.

I think the trouble is, so much junk is in our oceans, and people are so desperate to help?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:16 pm

Pedro Silva wrote:have they recovered the black boxes that recorded everything about the plane?
They may be of no use, Pedro. LL
Finding the black boxes quickly is critical, because their locator beacons have a battery life of only about a month. Once the beacons blink off, locating the black boxes, if they are in very deep water would be an immensely difficult, if not impossible, task.

Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:28 pm

Oh my!! Shocked  Sorry about that.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:42 pm

Somewhere or other - I forget where, frankly - I read that the shells growing on the wing piece are likely to give the best idea where the plane actually went into the water.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:03 pm

bb1 wrote:Somewhere or other - I forget where, frankly - I read that the shells growing on the wing piece are likely to give the best idea where the plane actually went into the water.
Yes, the barnacles should give some info as to when it hit the water; I think there are different ones in different areas of the sea, and also the boffins can measure the age of them and get an approximate date for the crash.    LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:10 pm

I do hope they find where although there is one place that would never tell.......
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next