JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Similar topics
    Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
    » Candles site
    WE'RE HAVING A HEATWAVE, A TROPICAL HEATWAVE - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
    WE'RE HAVING A HEATWAVE, A TROPICAL HEATWAVE - Page 2 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
    WE'RE HAVING A HEATWAVE, A TROPICAL HEATWAVE - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
    WE'RE HAVING A HEATWAVE, A TROPICAL HEATWAVE - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
    WE'RE HAVING A HEATWAVE, A TROPICAL HEATWAVE - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
    WE'RE HAVING A HEATWAVE, A TROPICAL HEATWAVE - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
    WE'RE HAVING A HEATWAVE, A TROPICAL HEATWAVE - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
    WE'RE HAVING A HEATWAVE, A TROPICAL HEATWAVE - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
    WE'RE HAVING A HEATWAVE, A TROPICAL HEATWAVE - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
     Portal
     Index
     Memberlist
     FAQ
     Search
    Affiliates
    free forum

WE'RE HAVING A HEATWAVE, A TROPICAL HEATWAVE

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

WE'RE HAVING A HEATWAVE, A TROPICAL HEATWAVE - Page 2 Empty Re: WE'RE HAVING A HEATWAVE, A TROPICAL HEATWAVE

Post  Sabot Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:23 am

I am really fed up, LL. I never quite recovered from Singapore, and I really need sunshine. It keeps me going through the Winter. As it is this is probably the worst Summer we have had in twenty years, so far. August still to go.
    But yes, the plants are loving it.
    Sabot
    Sabot
    Slayer of scums
    Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

WE'RE HAVING A HEATWAVE, A TROPICAL HEATWAVE - Page 2 Empty Re: WE'RE HAVING A HEATWAVE, A TROPICAL HEATWAVE

Post  Lamplighter Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:48 am

Pauvre petite, I have never been to Singapore but I hear it is a wonderful place to visit. But I would have to go in winter or I would suffer too much. I went to Japan many years ago in the spring and it was pleasantly warm most days. LL
    Lamplighter
    Lamplighter
    Slayer of scums
    Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:27 am

I don't know, LL. I never really saw the tourist side. It was all ordinary life to me, if you could call it ordinary. But they do have a Cold Store where you can keep your fur coats when it gets really hot. The most I was ever reduced to was a Polo Necked Sweater in what was supposed to be Winter.
    But the street markets were something else. I miss those as well. A huge amount of treasures imported from China, and dirt cheap. I so wish I had bought more Soap Stone ornaments. Oh, and that Turquoise and Khaki Raw Silk Sari, but I thought I couldn't afford 50 Quid at the time. I frequently kick myself for that. It was so beautiful.
    Sabot
    Sabot
    Slayer of scums
    Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:44 am

WE'RE HAVING A HEATWAVE, A TROPICAL HEATWAVE - Page 2 Gloomy-smiley-emoticon
    bb1
    bb1
    Slayer of scums
    Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:59 am

Poor bonny, just to cheer you up, it's tipping down here! LL hug hug
    Lamplighter
    Lamplighter
    Slayer of scums
    Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:38 pm

Here too!  roflroflrofl

I was in Singapore many years ago and found it beautiful.  Their zoo was the best in the world which my children were thrilled with.  I remember brilliant flowers all over the place and there was no trash anywhere.  It is against the law to throw trash and chewing gum in public places.

What I found so funny was on the way to Raffles Hotel we passed through the Chinese area and a tailor shop called Foo King Tailor.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
    lily
    lily
    Slayer of scums
    Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:39 pm

You get warm rain, though.....
    bb1
    bb1
    Slayer of scums
    Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:59 pm

Ah...now that's a good point, Bonny.   It might soak you to your skin in a couple of minutes but it is not cold.  I guess that's why it doesn't bother me too much.

Sorry.  I wish I could warm your rain up.  hug
    lily
    lily
    Slayer of scums
    Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:00 pm

bb1 wrote:You get warm rain, though.....
    You get warm rain in the Black Forest in Germany in the summer, and in Vienna too. LL
    Lamplighter
    Lamplighter
    Slayer of scums
    Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:45 pm

Here you will get literally soaked to your skin walking a matter of feet in it.  I don't mind because I know I can shower and change my clothes when I get home.  

It was like that in the UAE on those few days I experienced rain there.  That was where I found out my rain wear failed abysmally.  I did not want to think I could be arrested......Eek
    lily
    lily
    Slayer of scums
    Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:13 pm

On the subject of El Nino:

A massive El Nino is STILL growing: Ten year high will cause prices of everything from chocolate to coffee to rocket but WON'T bring relief to California, forecasters say
    Forecast says El Nino conditions are likely to last another nine months
    US set to experience wetter-than-normal conditions along Gulf Coast
    Peru declared a pre-emptive state of emergency ahead of floods

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3176632/A-massive-El-Nino-growing-Ten-year-high-cause-prices-chocolate-coffee-rocket-WON-T-bring-relief-California-forecasters-say.html#ixzz3hBRoUZP5
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I confidently predict it will be cold and wet in Scotland. Pcorneater
    bb1
    bb1
    Slayer of scums
    Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:26 pm

And warm and wet in France. Good job I invested in a new pair of designer wellies. My old ones fell apart after 18 years.
    Sabot
    Sabot
    Slayer of scums
    Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:17 am

Advanced warning has gone out in Hungary re the heatwave.   It's now at level 2, which means all older people and the very young are to stay well indoors, and everyone else is to take more radical precautions against heatstroke.    This is higher than in the last two years as the heat has now been like this for nearly 3 weeks.   We usually get a couple of very hot weeks hen 3/4 days cooler with rain, usually overnight, but not this year.   LL

WE'RE HAVING A HEATWAVE, A TROPICAL HEATWAVE - Page 2 669aeb2945029bb3f7ce83d8e5a2dfb0
    Lamplighter
    Lamplighter
    Slayer of scums
    Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2