JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
7-foot-7 'Game of Thrones' actor Neil Fingleton dies at 36 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
7-foot-7 'Game of Thrones' actor Neil Fingleton dies at 36 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
7-foot-7 'Game of Thrones' actor Neil Fingleton dies at 36 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
7-foot-7 'Game of Thrones' actor Neil Fingleton dies at 36 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
7-foot-7 'Game of Thrones' actor Neil Fingleton dies at 36 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
7-foot-7 'Game of Thrones' actor Neil Fingleton dies at 36 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
7-foot-7 'Game of Thrones' actor Neil Fingleton dies at 36 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
7-foot-7 'Game of Thrones' actor Neil Fingleton dies at 36 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
7-foot-7 'Game of Thrones' actor Neil Fingleton dies at 36 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

7-foot-7 'Game of Thrones' actor Neil Fingleton dies at 36

2 posters

Go down

7-foot-7 'Game of Thrones' actor Neil Fingleton dies at 36 Empty 7-foot-7 'Game of Thrones' actor Neil Fingleton dies at 36

Post  Lamplighter Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:57 pm

LONDON (AP) February 27, 2017 — Neil Fingleton, a 7-foot 7-inch actor who played the giant Mag the Mighty in "Game of Thrones" has died at 36. The Tall Persons Club says Fingleton, who was Britain's tallest man, died Saturday. British media reported the cause as heart failure.

Fingleton was recognized by Guinness World Records in 2007 as the U.K.'s tallest man. Born in northeast England in 1980, Fingleton told the Guinness records website in 2006 that "I have always been taller than everyone since I can remember."

His height made him a basketball natural, and Fingleton played college basketball in the United States for the University of North Carolina and the College of the Holy Cross in Worcester, Massachusetts.

He went on to a short professional basketball career in the U.S. and Europe before turning to acting. He appeared in films including "417 Ronin and "X-Men: First Class" and in TV shows including "Doctor Who" and the hit fantasy series "Game of Thrones."

In the "Games of Thrones" the fearsome Mag was a giant on the northern side of the great ice wall that was guarded by Lord Commander Jon Snow and the black-clad men of the Night's Watch.

RIP LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

7-foot-7 'Game of Thrones' actor Neil Fingleton dies at 36 Empty Re: 7-foot-7 'Game of Thrones' actor Neil Fingleton dies at 36

Post  bb1 Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:22 pm

Very sad, LL, he was a real fan favourite:

http://watchersonthewall.com/neil-fingleton-game-thrones-mag-mighty-passed-away/

7-foot-7 'Game of Thrones' actor Neil Fingleton dies at 36 Mag-the-mighty

Fingleton’s time on Game of Thrones was brief but notable. The scene with Mag the Mighty attacking the Wall’s gate, with Grenn leading the defense, was a favorite of fans. Among our readers here at Watchers on the Wall, the scene was chosen as one of the Top 5 Dramatic Scenes of season 4 in our annual awards voting. The episode’s segment with Mag the Mighty, another giant and a mammoth attacking the outer door of the Wall was chosen by fans as the Best Visual Effects Scene of season 4. Fingleton’s contribution to Game of Thrones will not be forgotten.

and

He was a giant, not a man of the Watch, but I’ll say the words all the same:

And now his watch is ended.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

7-foot-7 'Game of Thrones' actor Neil Fingleton dies at 36 Empty Re: 7-foot-7 'Game of Thrones' actor Neil Fingleton dies at 36

Post  Lamplighter Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:31 pm

I have never seen Game of Thrones, so I know nothing about the show or his character in it. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down