JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
gonçalo amaral in trouble *UPDATE -  LIBEL TRIAL POSTPONED* EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
gonçalo amaral in trouble *UPDATE -  LIBEL TRIAL POSTPONED* EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
gonçalo amaral in trouble *UPDATE -  LIBEL TRIAL POSTPONED* EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
gonçalo amaral in trouble *UPDATE -  LIBEL TRIAL POSTPONED* EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
gonçalo amaral in trouble *UPDATE -  LIBEL TRIAL POSTPONED* EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
gonçalo amaral in trouble *UPDATE -  LIBEL TRIAL POSTPONED* EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
gonçalo amaral in trouble *UPDATE -  LIBEL TRIAL POSTPONED* EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
gonçalo amaral in trouble *UPDATE -  LIBEL TRIAL POSTPONED* EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
gonçalo amaral in trouble *UPDATE -  LIBEL TRIAL POSTPONED* EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

gonçalo amaral in trouble *UPDATE - LIBEL TRIAL POSTPONED*

+10
Maggs
greenink211
lily
Zenny
muratfan
rhodes
sans_souci
Sabot
bb1
Pedro Silva
14 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

gonçalo amaral in trouble *UPDATE -  LIBEL TRIAL POSTPONED* Empty gonçalo amaral in trouble *UPDATE - LIBEL TRIAL POSTPONED*

Post  Pedro Silva Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:29 pm

The lawyer of Goncalo Amaral - Dr Cabrita - has renounced to represent him on all the procedures!

The Beast of Portimao has NO lawyer now!.

Last edited by bb1 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:15 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : subtitle added)
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

gonçalo amaral in trouble *UPDATE -  LIBEL TRIAL POSTPONED* Empty Re: gonçalo amaral in trouble *UPDATE - LIBEL TRIAL POSTPONED*

Post  bb1 Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:30 pm

Pedro!!! What???? Where????
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

gonçalo amaral in trouble *UPDATE -  LIBEL TRIAL POSTPONED* Empty Re: gonçalo amaral in trouble *UPDATE - LIBEL TRIAL POSTPONED*

Post  bb1 Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:31 pm

Oh, yes, I see news is coming in....will move this to the main forum yaydance
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:33 pm

I stress, we haven't got the full story yet, but information is reaching:

http://justice4mccannfam.5forum.biz/t3769-poor-old-gonc

I am sure we will have more clarification soon.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:35 pm

My friend, if you have or find more information about this, please, write it here. Thank you.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:46 pm

WHAT? Oh My Goodness Gracious Me.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:48 pm

Yes, hopefully more info will be forthcoming, though I am sure the source is impeccable Wink

After all that talk about representing Gonc for nothing, Cabrita was paid €2,000 last time, so if the cupboard is bare....

It may also shed some light on Paiva's intervention in the forkers' stalkathon today?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:09 pm

bb1, you´re right:

"It may also shed some light on Paiva's intervention in the forkers' stalkathon today?"
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:17 pm

It might also be a forerunner to Gonc Settling Out Of Court. He wouldn't need a lawyer if he does that.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:18 pm

I have no reason to doubt the accuracy of the information, Pedro, though I suspect it will be a day or two before we get confirmation.

It may fetch up in CdM, or there will be some kind of statement about what this means for the libel trial? Don't know, we will just have to watch and wait for news.

If he has lost Cabrita, then he is kerflkd, I think; lawyers like Marcos who work for human rights cases, etc., pro bono, are rare indeed.

And I simply cannot see another lawyer taking over such a big case at such short notice?

Don't know; I am just speculating, which never helps, and generally turns out to be wrong smile
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  sans_souci Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:35 pm

I have always worked on the basis of never believing anything until it is officially denied, Bonny.

sans_souci
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:40 pm

sans_souci wrote:I have always worked on the basis of never believing anything until it is officially denied, Bonny.

rofl Watch Morais. All the best denials come from her.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:57 pm

Yes, we will get a better idea of what is going on when she's spinned. Pcorneater
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  rhodes Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:01 am

has he been deserted by the lawyer, or has he sacked him?

Sacked means he can bleat about how he has nobody representing him and might ask for a stay of execution?
rhodes
rhodes
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  muratfan Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:06 am

rhodes wrote:has he been deserted by the lawyer, or has he sacked him?

Sacked means he can bleat about how he has nobody representing him and might ask for a stay of execution?

Can't see how sacking him would grt him more time, especially as he has known about it for ages
muratfan
muratfan
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:09 am

His Lawyer likely told him he couldn't win and ought to settle out of Court. At which point Gonc likely sacked him.
All in my very 'umble opinion, of course.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Zenny Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:41 am

muratfan wrote:
rhodes wrote:has he been deserted by the lawyer, or has he sacked him?

Can't see how sacking him would grt him more time, especially as he has known about it for ages

I was thinking that too. He may ask for a delay in the court proceedings in order to get legal representation.

Zenny
Wise Owl
Wise Owl

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:14 am

If this is all confirmed then maybe one AJS Bennett of Harlow could step into the void. biggrin
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:37 am

Thanks, Pedro smile

I can't even begin to work out how this, if it is correct - and there is no reason to disbelieve it - will affect the trial.

Gonc the Martyr is unrepresented - or Gonc's case is so weak and his behaviour so vile that no-one will represent him?

No idea.

Likewise with the McCanns not having to testify. The libel is pretty cut and dried, mind you, but I am baffled by Portuguese law at the best of times.

I am sure we will find out more in coming days.

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:57 am

I can't even begin to work out the ramifications of this, Jayelles. I have no doubt it will be confirmed in the course of events - I fully expect Morais to have spinned it to be all the McCanns fault before the day is out biggrin

Is it over money? Because Gonc's case is so weak? Is it because Cabrita, himself an officer of the court, is appalled at Gonc's recent actions?

Who knows? I am looking forward to finding out, though.

I will now do some pesquisa-ing in the Portuguese press...
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:09 am

I know what you mean, HB, I think everyone had been looking forward to Gonc's lies being nailed once and for all. Instead, it may all just splutter out like a damp squip?

If money is the issue, I can see Gonc having trouble getting representation, because civil rights lawyers like Correia, who will work pro bono in certain cases, won't touch him with a bargepole, I shouldn't think?

Anyway, there is so little time left, I doubt if a new lawyer could come in and get on top of the case?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:18 am

I very much doubt that Cabrita, or anyone, would refuse to represent Amaral just because he couldn't afford to pay, and if they thought he would win. But only a fool would represent him for free if they thought he was going to lose.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:20 am

You welcome bb1.
Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:34 am

But only a fool would represent him for free if they thought he was going to lose.

Ah yes, of course!

Any sign of Morais commenting on this yet? Or hasn't she thought of a way to spinned it?

I know - Senhor Cabrita is so sure of Goncalol's case, he is letting him represent himself as work experience for his future career as a lawyer.

biggrin
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:37 am

bb1 wrote:But only a fool would represent him for free if they thought he was going to lose.

Ah yes, of course!

Any sign of Morais commenting on this yet? Or hasn't she thought of a way to spinned it?

I know - Senhor Cabrita is so sure of Goncalol's case, he is letting him represent himself as work experience for his future career as a lawyer.

biggrin

Parfait. rofl
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next