JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
TROLL CONVICTED AFTER HATE CAMPAIGN AGAINST MP EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
TROLL CONVICTED AFTER HATE CAMPAIGN AGAINST MP EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
TROLL CONVICTED AFTER HATE CAMPAIGN AGAINST MP EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
TROLL CONVICTED AFTER HATE CAMPAIGN AGAINST MP EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
TROLL CONVICTED AFTER HATE CAMPAIGN AGAINST MP EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
TROLL CONVICTED AFTER HATE CAMPAIGN AGAINST MP EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
TROLL CONVICTED AFTER HATE CAMPAIGN AGAINST MP EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
TROLL CONVICTED AFTER HATE CAMPAIGN AGAINST MP EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
TROLL CONVICTED AFTER HATE CAMPAIGN AGAINST MP EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

TROLL CONVICTED AFTER HATE CAMPAIGN AGAINST MP

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

TROLL CONVICTED AFTER HATE CAMPAIGN AGAINST MP Empty TROLL CONVICTED AFTER HATE CAMPAIGN AGAINST MP

Post  bb1 Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:46 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2127848/Louise-Mensch-Frank-Zimmerman-sent-chilling-email-Tory-MP-threatening-children.html

'Choose which one of your children will die': The chilling email sent to Tory MP Louise Mensch by internet troll

Frank Zimmerman, 60, refused to attend court where he was found guilty in his absence of sending the menacing message
He claimed to be affiliated with online hacking groups Anonymous and Lulz Security
Police traced the email to his squalid house in Gloucester

By LUKE SALKELD
PUBLISHED: 20:09, 10 April 2012 | UPDATED: 10:00, 11 April 2012
Comments (83)

An internet troll sent a vile and threatening message to Tory MP Louise Mensch, ordering her to choose which of her children should die.
Frank Zimmerman, 60, used his computer to attack the mother of three, verbally abusing her and threatening her.
In an email, he told Mrs Mensch that her computer and telephones had been hacked and that images of her family would be posted on the internet.

TROLL CONVICTED AFTER HATE CAMPAIGN AGAINST MP Article-2127848-1289DCE2000005DC-924_470x647

Louise Mensch MP said the threats made her feel 'powerless and scared'

He then told the 40-year-old Corby MP: 'You now have a Sophie's choice. Which kid is to go? Who will you choose?'
The question is a reference to the harrowing film Sophie's Choice in which a mother, played by Meryl Streep, is forced to choose which one of her two children will be sent to a gas chamber during the Second World War.
The full text of the email contained numerous expletives and foul-mouthed insults, ordering Mrs Mensch to stop using Twitter, where the MP has almost 50,000 followers.
Too offensive to print in full, an extract of Zimmerman's message read: 'YOU have been HACKED.
'We are inside your computer all your phones, everywhere and inside your homes! So get off twitter.'

Yesterday Zimmerman was found guilty of sending Mrs Mensch an electronic message that was 'grossly offensive or of an indecent, offensive or menacing character'.
He was convicted in his absence after failing to turn up at court for the third time.

Gloucester Magistrates' Court has heard he claims to suffer from agoraphobia, a fear of open spaces.
But after he declined to give evidence via videolink, District Judge Martin Brown proceeded without him.
In a statement, Mrs Mensch – who did not attend the hearing – described her reaction to reading Zimmerman's message while she was in New York.
She said: 'I was more than 3,000 miles away from my children and I had no idea how to protect them. I felt powerless.
'I became extremely scared and called the House of Commons.

'The police made immediate arrangements to ensure my family's safety.'
Mrs Mensch, who writes novels using her maiden name Bagshawe, used her Twitter account to tell followers she had reported the abuse to police.
'Had some morons threaten my children by email. To those who sent it; get stuffed losers.'
Police traced the malicious email back to Zimmerman's computer by tracking the IP address, a unique code assigned to every terminal.
Officers immediately went to Zimmerman's squalid semi-detached home in Gloucester and took him to a police station for questioning.
Yesterday District Judge Brown said he would sentence Zimmerman in person next month.
He warned that if Zimmerman does not turn up for sentencing on May 8, arrest would be inevitable.
Gaon Hart, of the Crown Prosecution Service, said after the hearing: 'The right to freedom of speech is accompanied by laws that protect individuals from those who seek to abuse that freedom and use the anonymity of email or Twitter accounts to hide from the fear that they cause.
He said that Zimmerman had tried to use pseudonyms, 'thinking that he was safe from detection.
'He was wrong. This should be a salutary lesson for anyone who considers that they are above the law because they threaten others through a computer rather than on the streets.'

---------------

She received endless abuse from the forkers after she blocked them all, describing them accurately as 'ghouls', I seem to recall?

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

TROLL CONVICTED AFTER HATE CAMPAIGN AGAINST MP Empty Re: TROLL CONVICTED AFTER HATE CAMPAIGN AGAINST MP

Post  bb1 Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:50 am

Remember the forkers hurling abuse at Ms Mensch?

https://jatyk2.forumotion.co.uk/t921-louise-mensch-mp-gives-ghouls-pitchforkers-and-haters-both-barrels

Sample:

RothleyPillow Rothley Pillowcase
@
@ukhomeoffice @LouiseMensch Should we just call it a day and leave the vanishing of Madeleine #mccann ? NO F*CKING WAY WILL I SO F*CK YOU!

All because she spoke the truth about the Truthseekers:

TROLL CONVICTED AFTER HATE CAMPAIGN AGAINST MP Louise-Mensch-Facebook2

I don't think anyone would be greatly surprised if the Zimmerman creep was a Truthseeker; his abuse and threats seem very familiar.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

TROLL CONVICTED AFTER HATE CAMPAIGN AGAINST MP Empty Re: TROLL CONVICTED AFTER HATE CAMPAIGN AGAINST MP

Post  bb1 Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:02 pm

http://news.sky.com/home/politics/article/16206433

Quote:

Zimmerman, from Gloucester, sent an email to the MP for Corby after she spoke out publicly during last summer's riots and called for police to be able to close social network sites.
He originally made contact with the author-turned-MP on Twitter using the pseudonym Tim Cavendish, claiming he had information about the News Of The World hacking scandal.
Mrs Mensch sent him her personal email address, to which he sent the threatening message last August, Gloucester Magistrates' Court heard.
It was sent from an account address lulz.sec@hotmail.com - a reference to the hacking group Lulz Security - and contained a string of foul-mouthed insults and expletives

That whiff of eau du forker seems to be getting stronger - they were all in favor of the AnonIdiots.

And the least said about their language in public, the better.

ETA, I doubt very much if this cretin had anything to do with the real Anons; it sounds more like SoapDodgerAnon.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:19 pm

I do hope those forkers who so readily issue death threats to people take careful note of this section:

http://news.sky.com/home/politics/article/16206433

Detectives traced the message back to Zimmerman's IP and router addresses. A computer at his home was found with tabs that opened up on the Twitter accounts of Tim Cavendish, Mrs Mensch, Piers Morgan and Lord Prescott.
District Judge Brown said Zimmerman would be sentenced in person on May 8 and warned a warrant would be issued if he did not attend on that date.
Prosecutor Gaon Hart said the Crown would be applying for a restraining order stopping Zimmerman contacting "other high-profile individuals" at the sentencing hearing.
"The right to freedom of speech is accompanied by laws that protect individuals from those who seek to abuse that freedom and use the anonymity of email or Twitter accounts to hide from the fear that they cause," he said after the hearing.
"Zimmerman attempted to use pseudonyms and other methods to wage a campaign of fear against a high-profile person, thinking that he was safe from detection.
"He was wrong. This should be a salutary lesson for anyone who considers that they are above the law because they threaten others through a computer rather than on the streets."
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:35 pm

It never ceases to amaze me that these people still think they can't be traced. There is nothing they can do to prevent this. Even Internet Cafes have CCTV.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:42 pm

Well, they can't say they were not warned, Sabot.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:51 pm

Perhaps they think they can blame their families if it is a joint use computer. Or their work mates if it's a work related computer. These people do have a very odd idea of what constitutes Evidence.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:12 pm

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:16 pm

Remember this from January?

TROLL CONVICTED AFTER HATE CAMPAIGN AGAINST MP Stupid13

Nice company Brown keeps....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:36 pm

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:48 pm

Ah yes, the fake 'Piers Morgan'.....odd, isn't it, how the forkers are avoiding this news story? You would have thought it would be of interest to them, after their attacks on Ms Mensch.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:52 pm

Yes, I wonder why that is?
Could it be, they know it is one of their own?

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:56 pm

It's certainly the same pattern of behaviour, Tony, so who knows?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:07 pm

Of course it's one of their own. They don't hang about in isolated pockets, you know. They stick together on places like MM and Havern's because they need each other to feel good about what they do. Talking to themselves is no fun. They need each other to wind them up to greater heights of vile profanities and fantasies. They would all have nervous breakdowns if they had to go it alone. This is what these Cess Pits are all about.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  greenink211 Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:11 pm

I believe he is involved in the Madeleine McCann Hate campaign. I cannot provide the evidence as yet but there is something which I believe connects his accounts to the case.

There is a little more information in this article from Heart Northamptonshire which I have just read.

MP Threat: Man Convicted

By John Stratford, 11th April 2012, 10:14
Louise Mensch

Comments

A man's been convicted of sending Corby MP Louise Mensch an e-mail saying she would have to choose which of her children would die.

The chick-lit author turned MP (right) was sent the e-mail in August 2011, shortly after the summer riots, after she had called for the police to be given the power to temporarily shut down social network sites.

She was told she faced a "Sophie's Choice" - a reference to a novel in which heroine Sophie has to choose between the life of her son and daughter at a Nazi concentration camp.

The sinister e-mail was purportedly sent from the online hacking group Anonymous, but police later arrested and charged Frank Zimmerman - an agoraphobic living in a run-down house in Gloucester.

Zimmerman, 60, from Spinney Road, Barnwood, Gloucester, was convicted in his absence on Tuesday 10 April 2012 of sending by public communication networks an offensive, indecent, obscene, menacing message or matter.

The court heard Zimmerman had failed to attend any court appearance to answer the single charge he faced or give proper instructions to his solicitor, blaming his agoraphobia and depression.

Defence solicitor Charles Cronin told Gloucester Magistrates Court that he had spoken to Zimmerman by phone and he would not be attending court and was instead going back to bed.

District Judge Martin Brown decided to go ahead with the hearing without him, and held a hearing to determine whether Zimmerman had committed the offence.

He ruled that he had. Zimmerman is now due to be sentenced on Tuesday 8 May 2012.

Zimmerman originally made contact with Ms Mensch on Twitter using the pseudonym Tim Cavendish.

He claimed he had information about Piers Morgan and the telephone hacking scandal engulfing the News of the World, the court heard.

Mrs Mensch sent him her personal gmail email address. It was to that account that Zimmerman sent the threatening message.

The email, which was timed at 10.47pm on August 22, was sent from an account with the address of lulz.sec@hotmail.com - a reference to the hacking group Lulz Security.

Mrs Mensch was in New York with her husband recovering from an operation while her three children were with their father, her ex-husband, in the UK.

The MP took the threats seriously and immediately contacted the police.

In a victim impact statement read to the court, Mrs Mensch spoke of her terror at receiving the threat.

"I was terrified on behalf of my children. I was in New York with my husband recovering from an operation and my children were with their father and to receive a threat like this made me very upset,'' she said.

"I was 3,000 miles away from my children and I was worried for their safety and the safety of my ex-husband. I felt powerless to do anything.''

Mrs Mensch said that after receiving the email she was sent a Twitter message from someone called "Robert Redford".

"He made reference to the contents of the email and that one of my children would die and it made me believe he was responsible,'' she said.

The judge said he had decided not to issue an immediate warrant for Zimmerman's arrest without bail and was releasing him on unconditional bail until he is sentenced on May 8.

He told Mr Hart: "If he does not attend on that date, and unless circumstances change, he must understand I am being left with very little alternative but to issue a warrant.''

Following the judge's ruling, Mr Hart said the Crown would be applying at the sentencing hearing for a restraining order against Zimmerman, preventing him contacting ``other high-profile individuals''.

http://www.heart.co.uk/northants/news/local/mp-threat-man-convicted/
greenink211
greenink211
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  greenink211 Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:22 pm

Note well the charge that was used by the CPS to prosecute this man.

There are changes afoot in the way that Internet Abusers are being dealt with.

There is going to be quite a flood of such cases (not just those involving prominent famous people) because case law has been built over the last year which allows the use of communications law to bring charges.

People like @veniviedivici, @JillyCL, Chris Stedman @Spudgun01 (aka Mike Hardy) and others who believe that they can get away with saying what they like and think only libel applies will have a very rude shock. And not before time.

Laws which WILL be applied to online and other abusers.

Malicious Communications Act 1988 section 1
(This is the wording of this section as amended by Section 43 Criminal Justice and Police Act 2001. It applies to offences committed from the 11th May 2001 onwards)

(1) Any person who sends to another person
(a) a letter, electronic communication or article of any description which conveys
(i) a message which is indecent or grossly offensive
(ii) a threat or
(iii) information which is false and known or believed to be false by the sender or
(b) any article or electronic communication which is, in whole or part, of an indecent or grossly offensive nature,
is guilty of an offence if his purpose, or one of his purposes, in sending it is that it should, so far as falling within paragraph (a) or (b) above, cause distress or anxiety to the recipient or to any other person to whom he intends that it or its contents or nature should be communicated.

(2) A person is not guilty of an offence by virtue of subsection (1)(a)(ii) above if he shows
(a) that the threat was used to reinforce a demand made by him on reasonable grounds and
(b) that he believed, and had reasonable grounds for believing, that the use of the threat was a proper means of reinforcing the demand.

(2A) In this section 'electronic communication' includes _
(a) any oral or other communication by means of a telecommunication system(within the meaning of the Telecommunications Act 1984 (c12)); and
(b) any communication (however sent) that is in electronic form.

(3) In this section references to sending include references to delivering or transmitting and to causing to be sent, delivered or transmitted and 'sender' shall be construed accordingly.

(4) A person guilty of an offence under this section shall be liable on summary conviction to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or to a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale, or to both.

Postal Services Act 2000 section 85

(commenced 26th March 2001)

(1) A person commits an offence if he sends by post a postal packet which encloses any creature, article or thing of any kind which is likely to injure other postal packets in course of their transmission by post or any person engaged in the business of a postal operator.

(2) Subsection (1) does not apply to postal packets which enclose anything permitted (whether generally or specifically) by the postal operator concerned.

(3) A person commits an offence if he sends by post a postal packet which encloses-
(a) any indecent or obscene print, painting, photograph, lithograph, engraving, cinematograph film or other record of a picture or pictures, book, card or written communication, or
(b) any other indecent or obscene article (whether or not of a similar kind to those mentioned in paragraph (a)).

(4) A person commits an offence if he sends by post a postal packet which has on the packet, or on the cover of the packet, any words, marks or designs which are of an indecent or obscene character.

(5) A person who commits an offence under this section shall be liable-
(a) on summary conviction, to a fine not exceeding the statutory maximum,
(b) on conviction on indictment, to a fine or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding twelve months or to both.

Communications Act 2003 section 127

(Came into force 25th July 2003 replaced s43 Telecommunications Act 1984)

(1) A person is guilty of an offence if he-
(a) sends by means of a public electronic communications network a message or other matter that is grossly offensive or of an indecent, obscene or menacing character; or
(b) causes any such message or matter to be so sent.

(2) A person is guilty of an offence if, for the purpose of causing annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to another, he-
(a) sends by means of a public electronic communications network, a message that he knows to be false,
(b) causes such a message to be sent; or
(c) persistently makes use of a public electronic communications network.

(3) A person guilty of an offence under this section shall be liable, on summary conviction, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or to a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale, or to both.

(4) Subsections (1) and (2) do not apply to anything done in the course of providing a programme service (within the meaning of the Broadcasting Act 1990 (c. 42)).
Telecommunications Act 1984, section 43 (now repealed)

(1) A person who
(a) sends, by means of a public telecommunication system, a message or other matter that is grossly offensive or of an indecent, obscene or menacing character or
(b) sends by those means, for the purpose of causing annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to another, a message that he knows to be false or persistently makes use for that purpose of a public telecommunication system,
shall be guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale or both.
(2) Subsection (1) above does not apply to anything done in the course of providing a programme service (within the meaning of the Broadcasting Act 1990).
greenink211
greenink211
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:24 pm

greenink211 wrote:I believe he is involved in the Madeleine McCann Hate campaign. I cannot provide the evidence as yet but there is something which I believe connects his accounts to the case.

There is a little more information in this article from Heart Northamptonshire which I have just read.

MP Threat: Man Convicted

By John Stratford, 11th April 2012, 10:14
Louise Mensch

Comments

A man's been convicted of sending Corby MP Louise Mensch an e-mail saying she would have to choose which of her children would die.

The chick-lit author turned MP (right) was sent the e-mail in August 2011, shortly after the summer riots, after she had called for the police to be given the power to temporarily shut down social network sites.

She was told she faced a "Sophie's Choice" - a reference to a novel in which heroine Sophie has to choose between the life of her son and daughter at a Nazi concentration camp.

The sinister e-mail was purportedly sent from the online hacking group Anonymous, but police later arrested and charged Frank Zimmerman - an agoraphobic living in a run-down house in Gloucester.

Zimmerman, 60, from Spinney Road, Barnwood, Gloucester, was convicted in his absence on Tuesday 10 April 2012 of sending by public communication networks an offensive, indecent, obscene, menacing message or matter.

The court heard Zimmerman had failed to attend any court appearance to answer the single charge he faced or give proper instructions to his solicitor, blaming his agoraphobia and depression.

Defence solicitor Charles Cronin told Gloucester Magistrates Court that he had spoken to Zimmerman by phone and he would not be attending court and was instead going back to bed.

District Judge Martin Brown decided to go ahead with the hearing without him, and held a hearing to determine whether Zimmerman had committed the offence.

He ruled that he had. Zimmerman is now due to be sentenced on Tuesday 8 May 2012.

Zimmerman originally made contact with Ms Mensch on Twitter using the pseudonym Tim Cavendish.

He claimed he had information about Piers Morgan and the telephone hacking scandal engulfing the News of the World, the court heard.

Mrs Mensch sent him her personal gmail email address. It was to that account that Zimmerman sent the threatening message.

The email, which was timed at 10.47pm on August 22, was sent from an account with the address of lulz.sec@hotmail.com - a reference to the hacking group Lulz Security.

Mrs Mensch was in New York with her husband recovering from an operation while her three children were with their father, her ex-husband, in the UK.

The MP took the threats seriously and immediately contacted the police.

In a victim impact statement read to the court, Mrs Mensch spoke of her terror at receiving the threat.

"I was terrified on behalf of my children. I was in New York with my husband recovering from an operation and my children were with their father and to receive a threat like this made me very upset,'' she said.

"I was 3,000 miles away from my children and I was worried for their safety and the safety of my ex-husband. I felt powerless to do anything.''

Mrs Mensch said that after receiving the email she was sent a Twitter message from someone called "Robert Redford".

"He made reference to the contents of the email and that one of my children would die and it made me believe he was responsible,'' she said.

The judge said he had decided not to issue an immediate warrant for Zimmerman's arrest without bail and was releasing him on unconditional bail until he is sentenced on May 8.

He told Mr Hart: "If he does not attend on that date, and unless circumstances change, he must understand I am being left with very little alternative but to issue a warrant.''

Following the judge's ruling, Mr Hart said the Crown would be applying at the sentencing hearing for a restraining order against Zimmerman, preventing him contacting ``other high-profile individuals''.

http://www.heart.co.uk/northants/news/local/mp-threat-man-convicted/

Thank you, Greenink - you are not alone in your suspicions.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  greenink211 Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:26 pm

Tory MP Louise Mensch Sent Threatening Email, Court Hears

Posted: 10/04/2012 19:49 Updated: 11/04/2012 08:32 PA

A Conservative MP was sent a threatening email telling her she would have to choose which one of her children would die, a court has heard.

Mother-of-three Louise Mensch, who is MP for Corby in Northamptonshire, was told she faced a "Sophie's Choice" - a reference to a novel and later film in which heroine Sophie has to choose between the life of her son or daughter at a Nazi concentration camp.

The sinister email was purportedly sent from the online hacking group Anonymous, Gloucester Magistrates' Court heard.

However, police later arrested and charged Frank Zimmerman - a 60-year-old agoraphobic living in a run-down house in Gloucester.

Zimmerman, of Spinney Road, Barnwood, Gloucester, was accused of an offence of sending by public communication network an offensive, indecent, obscene, menacing message or matter on 22 August last year.

The court heard that Zimmerman had failed to attend any court appearance to answer the single charge he faced or give proper instructions to his solicitor - blaming his agoraphobia and depression.

Defence solicitor Charles Cronin told District Judge Martin Brown that he had spoken to Zimmerman by telephone and that he would not be attending court and was instead going back to bed.

In the defendant's absence, Judge Brown decided to proceed without him and held a hearing to determine whether Zimmerman had committed the offence.

Prosecutor Gaon Hart told the court that that Zimmerman had sent the email to Mrs Mensch after she had spoken out publicly during last summer's riots calling for the police to be able to temporarily close down social network sites, such as Twitter and Facebook, if necessary.

Zimmerman originally made contact with the chick lit author-turned-MP on Twitter using the pseudonym Tim Cavendish.

He claimed he had information about Piers Morgan and the telephone hacking scandal engulfing the News of the World.

Mrs Mensch sent him her personal gmail email address. It was to that account that Zimmerman sent the threatening message, the court heard.

The email, which was timed at 10.47pm on 22 August, was sent from an account with the address of lulz.sec@hotmail.com - a reference to the internet hacking group Lulz Security.

The email said:

"Subject: You have been HACKED biggrin

Louise Mensch, nee Bagshawe, the slut of Twitter.

We are Anonymous and we don't like rude c**** like you and your nouveau riche husband Peter Mensch. You have been hacked!

We are inside your computer and all your phones, everywhere... and inside your homes.

So get off Twitter.

We see you are still on Twitter. We have sent a camera crew to photograph you and your kids and will post it all over the net, including Twitter. C***face.

You now have a Sophie's Choice. Which kid is to go? One will, count on it c***.

Have a nice day

From all of us at MIT 617-253-1000"

Mr Hart said the reference to MIT followed by a US telephone number was to give the impression the email had been sent from hackers linked to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

The MP took the threats seriously and immediately contacted the police, the court was told.

"I was terrified on behalf of my children. I was in New York with my husband recovering from an operation and my children were with their father and to receive a threat like this made me very upset," she said.

"I was 3,000 miles away from my children and I was worried for their safety and the safety of my ex-husband. I felt powerless to do anything."

"He made reference to the contents of the email and that one of my children would die and it made me believe he was responsible," she said.

Zimmerman first became a suspect for threatening Mrs Mensch when Independent newspaper columnist Terence Blacker, who was a former neighbour of the defendant in London, received a similar email.

A forensic examination linked the sender of the email to the IP and router addresses of Zimmerman's Virgin Media account at his home in Gloucester.

Police visited his house and he volunteered the password for his computer, the court was told.

Examination of that computer found Zimmerman had a series of tabs on his internet browser open at the Twitter accounts of Tim Cavendish, Mrs Mensch, Piers Morgan and Lord Prescott.

He also had pages open on BBC News Online of reports of Mrs Mensch receiving threats to her children by email, an article on the News of the World hacking scandal and a story on the hacking group Anonymous.

There was also a page open for a Skype account in the name of Tim Cavendish.

Detective Constable Iqbal Azad told the court: "We were able to trace the internet service provider and it was an internet broadband account held by Mr Frank Zimmerman at his home address."

Judge Brown said he had to rule on whether the email sent to Mrs Mensch was malicious, and if it was, had Zimmerman sent it.

He said he was satisfied the email was malicious and added: "The court needs to be satisfied that this email can be linked to the defendant.

"The very helpful evidence of Det Con Azad has been clear that there is a direct link to the IP address that has been identified as coming from Mr Zimmerman's computer.

"It does not appear in question in my mind that the prosecution have established a direct link by the email received by Louise Mensch and the computer that was found at the defendant's address.

"I can be satisfied that this was a malicious communication sent by Mr Zimmerman from his computer at his home address.

"I can therefore be satisfied that he committed the act in question and the offence has been committed."

The judge said he had decided not to issue an immediate warrant for Zimmerman's arrest without bail and was releasing him on unconditional bail until he is sentenced on 8 May.

He told Mr Hart: "If he does not attend on that date, and unless circumstances change, he must understand I am being left with very little alternative but to issue a warrant."

Following the judge's ruling, Mr Hart said the Crown would be applying at the sentencing hearing for a restraining order against Zimmerman, preventing him contacting "other high-profile individuals".

Details of the proposed order were not revealed in court.

Speaking afterwards, Mr Hart, who is part of the Crown Prosecution Service's special crime and counter-terrorism division, said: "The right to freedom of speech is accompanied by laws that protect individuals from those who seek to abuse that freedom and use the anonymity of email or Twitter accounts to hide from the fear that they cause.

"Zimmerman attempted to use pseudonyms and other methods to wage a campaign of fear against a high-profile person, thinking that he was safe from detection.

"He was wrong. This should be a salutary lesson for anyone who considers that they are above the law because they threaten others through a computer rather than on the streets.

"I would also like to thank officers from the Metropolitan Police Central e-crime unit for their hard work."

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/04/10/tory-mp-louise-mensch-sent-threatening-email_n_1415617.html?ref=topbar

Instead of attending court this fool went back to bed. Such is the nature of Internet thugs.

greenink211
greenink211
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:32 pm

I also believe Zimmerman to be one of the twitter posters on the McCann#.

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:36 pm

It's the foul language and the nature of the threats, as well as the failed attempt to hide behind false names...

It sounds EXACTLY like their M.O.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:55 pm

Well, at least law enforcement will be watching where he goes on the Internet now.
And, I'll lay odds the police will have his email address book; which would have been scrutinized and copied.

crazytony
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:08 pm

Serves him right. I bet he thought he was safe........
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:10 pm

There is an interesting line in the report above:

Following the judge's ruling, Mr Hart said the Crown would be applying at the sentencing hearing for a restraining order against Zimmerman, preventing him contacting "other high-profile individuals".

Wonder who they could be?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:26 pm

http://thehoundingofthemccans.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/ho-hum-sick-pig.html

Indeed, Tony - I suspect that is going to come back to haunt Apeman before too much longer.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:35 pm

Well said, Tony. That will be such a great advert for his *cough* media company when it does bite him on the rear.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next