JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Leveson inquiry: Today with Theresa May EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Leveson inquiry: Today with Theresa May EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Leveson inquiry: Today with Theresa May EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Leveson inquiry: Today with Theresa May EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Leveson inquiry: Today with Theresa May EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Leveson inquiry: Today with Theresa May EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Leveson inquiry: Today with Theresa May EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Leveson inquiry: Today with Theresa May EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Leveson inquiry: Today with Theresa May EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Leveson inquiry: Today with Theresa May

+2
bb1
Rose
6 posters

Go down

Leveson inquiry: Today with Theresa May Empty Leveson inquiry: Today with Theresa May

Post  Rose Tue May 29, 2012 10:06 am

Last edited by bb1 on Tue May 29, 2012 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : subtitle updated)
Rose
Rose
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Leveson inquiry: Today with Theresa May Empty Re: Leveson inquiry: Today with Theresa May

Post  bb1 Tue May 29, 2012 10:34 am

Thanks, Rose. No doubt that will set the conspiraloons off again....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Leveson inquiry: Today with Theresa May Empty Re: Leveson inquiry: Today with Theresa May

Post  bb1 Tue May 29, 2012 1:36 pm

And all the conspiraloon nonsense, all the babyish chatter about Teresa May being somehow 'threatened', has been shown up for the rubbish it always was by Ms May herself:

12.41pm: Theresa May had telephone calls with Rebekah Brooks and Dominic Mohan on 11 May 2011 about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, the inquiry hears.

May spoke to the pair about the Home Office review of the evidence involved in the disappearance. She says that the Home Office had been discussing with ACPO "for some time" about undertaking a review and it was not given the go-ahead at short notice.

May says she does not recall having a conversation with David Cameron on or around the 11 May about the Madeleine McCann disappearance. Neither Brooks nor Mohan indicated that May would "be on the front page of the Sun until the review was announced", she says.

--------------

*Moving thread to main forum as this is of considerable importance*
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue May 29, 2012 1:48 pm

Hideho might be well advised to get rid of that video - as the allegations have been denied by Ms May herself, I do believe that, not only is it conspiraloon nonsense, it is also outright libel. Pcorneater
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue May 29, 2012 2:25 pm

Just a reminder for the conspiraloons:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13378289

Former Home Secretary Alan Johnson commissioned a scoping exercise by the Child Exploitation and Online Protection (Ceop) centre to look at the feasibility of carrying out a review of the case.

This was completed in March 2010, but Mr McCann said current Home Secretary Theresa May refused to let him and his wife see it because it was "sensitive"

I would further suggest that the conspiraloons consider the possibility that the scoping exercise being 'sensitive' may well refer to the complete shambles Gonc made, the glaring errors and his ongoing vendetta, and the danger of upsetting Portuguese sensitivities.

Which don't really apply now that Gonc is getting named and shamed by Amnesty International.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue May 29, 2012 3:15 pm

Anyone can see that this makes perfect sense. Police Reviews don't get set up over night. And to suggest they do involves a complete lack realistic understanding.

The Portuguese Investigation was deeply flawed, and The British Government were going to have to do something about it in the end. Such a pity that it took so long. Portugal have had any consideration diplomatically that they might have been entitled to.
Half of The Portimao PJ are now Arguidos for some reason or another, and the rest of Portugal's finest aren't looking all that hot either. Corruption is rife throughout the entire Portuguese Legal System, and it is long past time that someone did something about it. I just hope that we don't have to wait another ten bloody years.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue May 29, 2012 3:37 pm

More here:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/theresa-may-denies-news-international-pressured-her-for-renewed-madeleine-probe-7800548.html

Theresa May denies News International pressured her for renewed Madeleine probe

SAM LISTER , BEN GLAZE TUESDAY 29 MAY 2012

Theresa May today denied claims that News International pressured her
into launching a fresh inquiry into the disappearance of Madeleine
McCann.

The Home Secretary rebuffed suggestions made at the Leveson Inquiry that she was told they would "put her face on the front page every day" until she gave in to their demands for a new investigation.

Mrs May insisted phone calls discussing the plans for the Scotland Yard review with former News International chief executive Rebekah Brooks and Sun editor Dominic Mohan were at "her instigation".

She said preparations for the new investigation began under the previous government and the work was simply coming to fruition when the announcement was made.

Mrs May told the inquiry: "Neither Mrs Brooks nor Mr Mohan made any indication of that sort to me.

"The nature of these conversations was to alert them to the fact that the Government was taking some action, there was going to be some further work by police here in the UK and to put forward the point that it was very important that the UK authorities were able to work with the Portuguese authorities."

The inquiry heard that the Home Office's work was "coming to fruition around this time and obviously the issue was of public interest".

"The Home Office first started discussing with Acpo (Association of Chief Police Officers) the possibility of a police review or further police work on this ... under the previous government."

The Home Secretary said David Cameron was "interested in this specific issue", but said she could not recall "having a specific discussion myself" with the Prime Minister about whether the Met should carry out its own review.

Mrs Brooks denied bullying the Government over the issue when she appeared before the inquiry earlier this month.

PA

-----------

Any site that continues to carry material like Hideho's video is now doing so in the full knowledge that such material is an outright LIE.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue May 29, 2012 3:48 pm

So Theresa May is IN IT now, is she. And Gordon Brown. But we all knew that anyway.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue May 29, 2012 4:20 pm

Yes, Ms May must be IN IT, Sabot:

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2012-05-29/home-secretary-denies-pressure-for-madeleine-probe/

Theresa May has denied claims that News International pressured her into launching a fresh inquiry into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

The Home Secretary rebuffed suggestions made at the Leveson Inquiry that she was told they would "put her face on the front page every day" until she gave in to their demands for a new investigation.

She said preparations for the new investigation began under the previous government and the work was simply coming to fruition when the announcement was made.

-------------

Has anyone found out what IT is, by the way?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:24 pm

Guess what? The Sun didn't find out that Gordon Brown's son was unwell because they 'hacked' anything - it was because of a blabbermouth:

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16244904

Former prime minister Gordon Brown has strongly denied that he ever gave consent for newspaper stories to be published disclosing that his son was suffering from cystic fibrosis.

Discussing The Sun's 2006 story about his son Fraser's medical condition, Mr Brown, who was giving evidence to the Leveson inquiry into press ethics, said he had never wanted his children to appear in the media and suggested the paper's methods should be challenged.
He said: "I don't think any child's medical information has any public interest.
"…I have never sought to bring my children into the public domain."
Former News International chief executive Rebekah Brooks, who was editor of The Sun at the time, has denied the story was obtained through hacking into medical records and said the information came from a source connected to a charity for the condition.
But Mr Brown said: "In 2006 The Sun claimed they had a story from a man in the street who happened to be the father of someone who suffered from cystic fibrosis. I never believed that could be correct."
He revealed that NHS Fife later apologised over the incident as they believed it highly likely "unauthorised information given by a medical or working member of NHS staff" had enabled The Sun to publish the story.
"If we don't root out this kind of practice I don't think we can say we've dealt with some of the abuses that are problematic for us," Mr Brown added.
In a statement the chief executive of NHS Fife, John Wilson, said the Scottish health service trust had since "tightened up" its patient confidentiality procedures.

-----------------

The 'hacking' hysteria is looking stupider and stupider by the day.

The ethics are, of course, a different matter entirely.

But here's the hypocrisy of it - if someone so breached faith to blabber about anything confidential relating to the McCanns, or any of their friends and supporters, the forkers and hounders would be the first to heap praise on the culprit.

Just look at the way they think they are mysteriously somehow entitled to see people's medical records.

I wonder how they would feel if THEIR records were posted on the internet? That would be different, no doubt.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Jean-Pierre.t50 Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:45 pm

"Ironsides" medical records might be worth a butchers.......

Jean-Pierre.t50
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:52 pm

I bet they are extremely interesting. biggrin
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:41 pm

Jean-Pierre.t50 wrote:"Ironsides" medical records might be worth a butchers.......

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

More Gin on the keyboard. I shall have to buy it by the crate in a minute.

PS. It's nearly five pm here.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:50 pm

Murdoch urged Major to change stance on Europe
By Philip Baillie | Reuters – 40 minutes ago

LONDON (Reuters) - Media baron Rupert Murdoch tried to persuade former Conservative Prime Minister John Major to change his policy on Europe in return for support from his newspapers, an inquiry into press standards heard on Tuesday.

Speaking at the Leveson inquiry, John Major, whose tenure as British Prime Minister lasted between 1990 and 1997, said the founder of News Corporation had met him in 1997, asking him to change his stance on Europe.

"Just before the 1997 election it was suggested to me to try to get closer to the Murdoch press and I agreed that I would invite Mr Murdoch to dinner and we did have dinner in February 1997," Major told the inquiry.

"The dinner would have contained the usual amount of political gossip that these occasions tend to have."

"It became apparent in discussion that Mr Murdoch said that he didn't like our European policies and wished me to change our European policies. If we couldn't change those policies he could not and would not support the government.
"It is not often someone sits in front of a prime minister and says: 'I would like you to change your policy or my organisation cannot support you'," Major added.

He said he thought Murdoch was "edging towards" a referendum on leaving the European Union. But he did not change his views after pressure from Murdoch.
"I made it pretty clear we weren't going to change our policies and we moved on to other matters," he added.

In April, Murdoch told the inquiry: "I have never asked a prime minister for anything."
The Conservatives lost the 1997 election to a resurgent Labour party under Tony Blair, supported by Murdoch titles The Sun and the Times.
(Editing by Steve Addison)
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down