JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Leveson Inquiry today with David  Cameron EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Leveson Inquiry today with David  Cameron EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Leveson Inquiry today with David  Cameron EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Leveson Inquiry today with David  Cameron EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Leveson Inquiry today with David  Cameron EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Leveson Inquiry today with David  Cameron EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Leveson Inquiry today with David  Cameron EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Leveson Inquiry today with David  Cameron EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Leveson Inquiry today with David  Cameron EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Leveson Inquiry today with David Cameron

5 posters

Go down

Leveson Inquiry today with David  Cameron Empty Leveson Inquiry today with David Cameron

Post  Rose Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:37 am

With UK PM David Cameron. Start at 10.00 am.
Will be an interesting day
Rose
Rose
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Leveson Inquiry today with David  Cameron Empty Re: Leveson Inquiry today with David Cameron

Post  bb1 Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:10 am

Thanks, Rose. I will be surprised if he does anything except waffle, personally.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Leveson Inquiry today with David  Cameron Empty Re: Leveson Inquiry today with David Cameron

Post  bb1 Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:54 am

http://news.sky.com/home/politics/article/16246658

Quote:

The relationship between politicians and the press has become too close, the Prime Minister has told the Leveson Inquiry.

Giving evidence at the probe into media ethics at the Royal Courts of Justice in London, David Cameron said: "In the last 20 years I think the relationship has not been right. I think it has become too close, and I think we need to try and get it on a better footing."
He added: "We need to get this relationship right - transparency is part of it."

As soon as he says 'transparency'', you just know he is about to start telling porkies....

And what is this appearing on Breaking News, about it not being in the 'public interest' for some Guardian journo to be prosecuted for allegedly hacking an arms dealer?

Right after the Observer was accused of hacking Alex Salmond's bank account?

As far as I am aware, the Guardian is NOT an arm of the State.

If it's wrong for News International to do it, it is equally wrong for the Guardian to do it.

IMO, there is a bad smell of hypocrisy over this whole business.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:27 am

And he's off!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/jun/14/david-cameron-leveson-inquiry-live

10.47am: Cameron is asked about explicit and implied deals.

I think the idea of overt deals is nonsense … I also don't believe in this theory there was a nod and a wink and some sort of agreement.

10.46am: Cameron says explicitly for the first time at this inquiry that he has "never traded a policy" in return for the support of a media outlet.

10.45am: Cameron says: "I'm not trying to blame the whole thing on New Labour, but I think it's been a developing story."
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:15 pm

Jesus. But no one is actually going to do anything about yet another disgrace involving Politicians.
I am sick to death of being castigated for refusing to Vote, during the days that I still had that right. Thankfully, I don't have that right anymore. They are all a bunch of over privileged Crooks who think nothing of lying through their capped teeth.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:07 pm

Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:22 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/jun/14/rebekah-brooks-texted-david-cameron

Rebekah Brooks sent an effusive text message to David Cameron on the eve of his 2009 party conference speech, telling him: "Professionally, we're definitely in this together!" and signing off: "Yes he Cam!"

Brooks sent the text on 7 October 2009 during the Conservative party conference, a week after the Sun had switched allegiance to the Tories on the eve of then prime minister Gordon Brown's Labour party conference speech. At the time, Brooks was chief executive of the Sun's parent company, News International, and Cameron was still leader of the opposition.

"I am so rooting for you tomorrow not just as a proud friend but because professionally we're definitely in this together!" wrote Brooks. "Speech of your life! Yes he Cam!"

So it was Ms Brooks who dreamed up those ghastly slogans?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:29 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/leveson-inquiry/9331009/Leveson-Inquiry-Prime-Minister-David-Cameron-gives-evidence-live.html

12.08 Cameron says he was not under pressure from The Sun to call for a fresh police investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, something which the newspaper was campaigning for.

The forkers really ought to ditch that dire HeidiHo video about Ms Brooks threatening him; if both the parties involved deny that ever happened, whether they like it or not, they are, yet again, spreading falsehoods.

This is the one:

Did Rebekah Brooks THREATEN David Cameron? | Creative video by HideHo

It's creative all right - creative with the truth. Or LYING, as it is also known.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:13 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/leveson-inquiry/9331190/I-dont-recall-David-Cameron-and-his-foggy-memory-at-the-Leveson-Inquiry.html

Did Rekebah Brooks ask Cameron to open a police review into the Maddie McCann case?

Jay: Were you asked by Mrs Brooks to support or indeed cause to take place a review of the McCann case within the Metropolitan Police?

Cameron: I don't recall the exact provenance of this whole issue. What I remember is that I had a meeting with Kate and Gerry McCann as Leader of the Opposition, and anyone who's met them or obviously read about the story, you can't fail to be incredibly moved by what has happened to them and all the efforts they've made to try and get Madeleine back, and I followed this up as Prime Minister, but I can't remember the exact provenance of who called who and when, and what have you, but I think it was... the police clearly had played a role in trying to keep the investigation going, and the Government has helped them with that.

The forkers really ought to do something about that video; wouldn't do for the Truthseekers to be seen to be openly lying, would it?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  greenink211 Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:23 pm

To be frank I don't see that Cameron did deny anything in that response. If that is the complete reply he gave to Jay, then he totally avoided answering the question by simply ignoring it and answering with reference to entirely different issues. That to me always suggests a politician is hiding something.
greenink211
greenink211
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:37 pm

I have no doubt they are all hiding a great deal, greenink, not least because they all seem to have terrible memory problems....

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:06 pm

greenink211 wrote:To be frank I don't see that Cameron did deny anything in that response. If that is the complete reply he gave to Jay, then he totally avoided answering the question by simply ignoring it and answering with reference to entirely different issues. That to me always suggests a politician is hiding something.

That's what it sounded like to me. But just supposing Rebekah Brook did ask him, would that be a bad thing? I would have asked him myself if I could.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  greenink211 Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:09 pm

Sabot wrote:
greenink211 wrote:To be frank I don't see that Cameron did deny anything in that response. If that is the complete reply he gave to Jay, then he totally avoided answering the question by simply ignoring it and answering with reference to entirely different issues. That to me always suggests a politician is hiding something.

That's what it sounded like to me. But just supposing Rebekah Brook did ask him, would that be a bad thing? I would have asked him myself if I could.

It would depend whether she simply asked him or there was some kind of implied or actual threat involved.
greenink211
greenink211
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:20 pm

greenink211 wrote:
Sabot wrote:

It would depend whether she simply asked him or there was some kind of implied or actual threat involved.

Almost impossible to prove, and he isn't going to admit that anyway.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down