JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 39 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 39 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 39 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 39 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 39 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 39 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 39 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 39 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 39 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found!

+3
greenink211
lily
bb1
7 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 39 Empty Re: Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found!

Post  Sabot Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:10 am

https://youtu.be/pVcr9LW2ZaQ

Love, love this song. But I ever was a Scottish Folk Song freak. Although there seems to be some doubt between Mary Hamilton and Mary Fleming. Probably Mary Fleming was the fourth, but Mary Hamilton seems to have come to grief of some kind.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 39 Empty Re: Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found!

Post  bb1 Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:18 am

I think the actual Marys are all accounted for, but somewhere in my mound of useless information, there is a story about a Holyrood palace servant being hung for killing her child at birth? And the two got muddled up over time?

Illegitimacy itself was no big deal; Mary had countless illegitimate half-brothers and sisters, which all added to the confusion of Stewarts nicely.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:22 am

There are actually two versions of the song.

Basically, Mary Beaton and Mary Seaton and Mary Carmichael and Me. Me being either Fleming or Hamilton.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:35 am

Can't be Fleming, she was married to Sir William Lethington.

I do wish someone would make an accurate series about that era. The real events were so outrageous, so violent and OTT, there is no need to invent stuff. Murders, rebellions, plots, violence, kidnappings, treason, rapes - and syphilis - it's got everything.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:35 pm

Thanks for the link, Bonny. Enjoyed it very much.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:39 am

Skirmishing has begun in the runup to the judicial review......

A small group of pro-Leicester Richard III supporters is urging people to join them at Castle Gardens this afternoon to defend the king.

The band of Ricardians is linking arms around the statue of the former monarch, which stands in the garden grounds, ahead of the judicial review which takes place in London later this week.

On Thursday, the University of Leicester, Leicester City Council and Leicester Cathedral will travel to the High Court to fight their case regarding the exhumation licence which said Richard should be buried in the city.

This afternoon, the ardent ensemble of pro-Leicester campaigners is linking arms to represent the city's support for cathedral, university and council.

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Richard-III-Pro-Leicester-supporters-link-arms/story-20787119-detail/story.html#ixzz2vYgMIITS

The statue:

Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 39 Leicester%20Statue

Not to be outdone, the York side are having a march this week, doubtless with their new, rather creepy, banner:

Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 39 1512388_637972692940975_1872569240_n

Shocked  Shocked  Shocked 

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:44 am

Oh, lawd, what silly people. Makes one wish we were back in the age of pen and paper and not the bl**dy internet. Demonstrations about such a 'small' subject as where Richard should be laid to rest are foolish, IMO. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:57 am

Yes, it is rather toe-curling and undignified, LL. I swear the more extreme of Richard's 21st century supporters would try to clone him if they got half a chance.

Speaking of toe-curling, I see York museum's future plans are shaping up to be just as tacky as many feared...

http://micklegatebar.com/contact-us/press/new-visitor-experiences-planned-for-yorks-monk-bar-and-micklegate-bar/

The JORVIK Group of Attractions has today (Monday 24 February) revealed exciting plans for two of the city’s Bars, with brand new museums launching at Easter at Monk Bar and Micklegate Bar.

The JORVIK Group, which includes the JORVIK Viking Centre and DIG, has taken over the space within Monk Bar that housed the Richard III Museum, and work starts today on creating a new museum, The Richard III Experience at Monk Bar. The contents of the Micklegate Bar Museum will also be replaced and updated to create The Henry VII Experience at Micklegate Bar.

What's the H7 Experience? Mugging the tourists and robbing them of every red cent they have to their name? Stealing their keys and moving into their homes? I'm hard put to think of a museum I'd less like to go to.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:32 pm

i visited the Jorvik Museum many years ago and was very disappointed by it - it came over as just an English idea off what Viking life was like and I found it wanting in many areas - maybe I am prejudiced? There are far better museums on the Vikings in the Scandinavian countries. I visited York a year before I moved to Europe and it was not as I remembered it, it was just a quasi-mediaval town, not as it had been, a wonderful memorial to earlier times. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:40 pm

I've only ever passed through York on a train, LL, but from what I've seen of their Viking museum on TV shows, it does seem a bit Ye Olde Vikinge and rather sanitised compared to similar sites in Europe.

I confess to finding the idea of an H7 'experience' - there, of all places - rather tasteless. It's like having an Edward II 'experience' at Bannockburn. Though as that would consist of running away while your troops are slaughtered, it might not be quite as bad....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:48 pm

Oh, here's something for their H7 'experience'.

Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 39 Article-2576732-1C261AA100000578-19_634x791

Fit for a royal? This four-poster could be the bed in which Henry VIII was conceived - and may be worth £20m

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2576732/Bed-Tudor-king-Henry-VIII-conceived-worth-20million.html#ixzz2vYzmXLoZ
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 39 Article-2576732-1C26192200000578-827_306x465

Handsome devil - not.  Shocked 
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:57 pm

Could Be. May Be. Found in a Car Park. Not another Car Park. What is The Government doing to our countryside? It's all bleeding Car Parks.
But at least Parking is largely Free in Brittany. I've even got a resident's permit. for our local Town.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:02 pm

Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:07 pm

Yes, but you don't have any deceased Plantagenets, do you, Sabot? Though I think one or two of the older French royals are AWOL....

Personally, I'd be surprised if that bed's genuine, it looks more like Ye Olde Victoriana Dust Gatherer to me. The easy way to be sure would be to date the wood, of course, which doesn't seem to have happened.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:09 pm

That's interesting, LL:

Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 39 Blueboarleicsspecialcoll

That bed isn't a dust-gatherer.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:15 pm

bb1 wrote:Yes, but you don't have any deceased Plantagenets, do you, Sabot? Though I think one or two of the older French royals are AWOL....

Personally, I'd be surprised if that bed's genuine, it looks more like Ye Olde Victoriana Dust Gatherer to me. The easy way to be sure would be to date the wood, of course, which doesn't seem to have happened.

One of them was The Duke of Brittany at some point. He could be buried in my back garden for all I know. That would explain my glorious Camilia.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:26 pm

Actually, if H8 was conceived in that bed (a horrid thought all on its own  vomit  ) then maybe it should be ceremonially burned?

As a mark of respect to the countless thousands of victims of Ye Olde Fattie Spoonebangere and his deranged offspring?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:51 pm

Today's rather surreal Plantagenet News:

Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 39 5894261-large

Supporters of Leicester's fight to see Richard III’s remains stay in the city gather by his statue at Castle Park

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Richard-III-Leicester-supporters-solidarity/story-20792389-detail/story.html#ixzz2vfq4HTn9
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:05 pm

First Person: The legal facts behind the tug-of-love for Richard III's bones

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Person-legal-facts-tug-love-Richard-III-s-bones/story-20793932-detail/story.html#ixzz2vkWNoWtj

There are certain phrases no-one ever dreamed could be associated with Richard III.

Tug-of-love has to be near the top of the list.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:47 pm

Wednesday's Plantagenet news - the York march:

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/main-topics/general-news/richard-iii-dogged-fighter-who-inspired-a-lasting-image-1-6492217

[video]

Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 39 Yorkde10

I shudder to think what the cause of all this would make of it.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:18 pm

No horses, armor........be in a state of shock I should think.  biggrin 
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:32 pm

And mostly female. Whatever's the world coming to?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:42 pm

I think progress is a mixed bag to be honest.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:48 pm

I think Leicester has won the Battle of The Photo-Ops, frankly. Their pic looks as if he's addressing them, instead of a rather straggly march of the wifies.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:52 pm

Leicester gets our vote then.  thumbsup 
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next