JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Send for Nelson! Brits and French clash at sea over...scallops EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Send for Nelson! Brits and French clash at sea over...scallops EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Send for Nelson! Brits and French clash at sea over...scallops EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Send for Nelson! Brits and French clash at sea over...scallops EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Send for Nelson! Brits and French clash at sea over...scallops EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Send for Nelson! Brits and French clash at sea over...scallops EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Send for Nelson! Brits and French clash at sea over...scallops EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Send for Nelson! Brits and French clash at sea over...scallops EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Send for Nelson! Brits and French clash at sea over...scallops EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Send for Nelson! Brits and French clash at sea over...scallops

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Send for Nelson! Brits and French clash at sea over...scallops Empty Send for Nelson! Brits and French clash at sea over...scallops

Post  bb1 Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:28 pm

'They're mooning us, giving us the finger, wearing union jacks': Video emerges of angry French fishermen as they clash with British boats in row over shellfish
Footage shows intensity of rows between French and British over scallops
'I don't understand you. Go take a jump,' screams one Frenchman
Brits say they need Royal Navy protection after clash off Normandy on Monday
Fleet of 40 French boats had surrounded around 12 British boats

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2216732/Theyre-mooning-giving-finger-wearing-union-jacks-Video-emerges-angry-French-fishermen-clash-British-boats-row-shellfish.html#ixzz296uzVfQ4
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Send for Nelson! Brits and French clash at sea over...scallops Article-2215976-1575254E000005DC-6_634x292

Anger: French trawlers confront the larger British trawler, in the centre of the picture, during the standoff

Send for Nelson! Brits and French clash at sea over...scallops Article-2216732-15787682000005DC-612_634x417

Boarding: French scamper onto the British ship for talks over the scallop crisis

Boarding parties? It'll be cutlasses and broadsides next....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Send for Nelson! Brits and French clash at sea over...scallops Empty Re: Send for Nelson! Brits and French clash at sea over...scallops

Post  lily Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:12 am

Zute alors!
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Send for Nelson! Brits and French clash at sea over...scallops Empty Re: Send for Nelson! Brits and French clash at sea over...scallops

Post  Lamplighter Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:21 am

lily wrote:Zute alors!
Exactement! Tell me, how many times have the French beaten the Brits? Rien, n'est pas! And how many times have the Brits clobbered the French? Exactement! Anyone for a nice cuppa at WATERLOO station caffe? LL
Hahau Hahau rofl rofl
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:36 am

Lamplighter wrote:
lily wrote:Zute alors!
Exactement! Tell me, how many times have the French beaten the Brits? Rien, n'est pas! And how many times have the Brits clobbered the French? Exactement! Anyone for a nice cuppa at WATERLOO station caffe? LL
Hahau Hahau rofl rofl

WATERLOO, did you say, LL?

This one?

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:37 am

Ah well, you see the vastly superior British boat in the top pic? She is actually cutting through the French lines, getting into position for the jolly Jack Tars to launch a devastating broadside of whelks.

Johnny Foreigner always knows when he is beaten - look at them crying in their cheap red wine over the terrifying display of bare backsides.

PS - I guess the proposed joint Anglo/French aircraft carrier is scrapped, now?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:39 am

bb1 wrote:Ah well, you see the vastly superior British boat in the top pic? She is actually cutting through the French lines, getting into position for the jolly Jack Tars to launch a devastating broadside of whelks.

Johnny Foreigner always knows when he is beaten - look at them crying in their cheap red wine over the terrifying display of bare backsides.

PS - I guess the proposed joint Anglo/French aircraft carrier is scrapped, now?

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:28 pm

Bugger off and leave our Scallops alone. They are cheap here. Most Brits have never even seen a Scallop, let alone an Oyster, while I eat them by the dozen. Big ones, that is. When I can get the bloody things open.
Vive Napoleon. Not sure which one. Whichever.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:43 pm

I like scallops. Not keen on oysters, what with the whole business of them being alive...and sort of slippery.

Oh, now the Frenchies are threatening to blockade ferries...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2217079/Send-Navy-Scallop-Wars-escalate-French-threat-mobilise-250-boats.html

There is actually a sensible comment on that, for once. Neither side should be trawling for scallops on an industrial scale.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:05 pm

Oysters are wonderful, Bonny. They actually taste of every best thing that you think The Sea should taste of, but then I chew mine. What a Pleb. Or so I am told, but only by pretentious Brits.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:41 pm

Love both scallops and oysters. Love them with horseradish or as oysters rockefeller. Yum...... smile
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:52 pm

lily wrote:Love both scallops and oysters. Love them with horseradish or as oysters rockefeller. Yum...... smile
Like scallops occasionally, can't stand oysters, yucky slimy things! LL vomit
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:18 pm

lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:35 pm

lily wrote:They are heavenly like this, LL.

http://whatscookingamerica.net/Seafood/OystersRockefeller.htm
Sorry, lily dear, and thanks for the thought, but I don't even like to see the slimy things! Same applies to squid, octopus and the like. But I love prawns. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:37 pm

I like calamari too, LL. rofl

Like prawns also. hug
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:41 pm

I like calamari, if it's cooked properly. It's horrid if it goes rubbery.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:49 pm

They've got tentacles and they wriggle, so no thanks. Prawns taste nice. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:02 pm

bb1 wrote:I like calamari, if it's cooked properly. It's horrid if it goes rubbery.

Totally agree with you, Bonny.

What's with LL and tentacles? rofl rofl rofl rofl
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:19 pm

lily wrote:
bb1 wrote:I like calamari, if it's cooked properly. It's horrid if it goes rubbery.

Totally agree with you, Bonny.

What's with LL and tentacles? rofl rofl rofl rofl
Just don't like them. My son sent me the Pirates of the Caribbean dvds; I can't watch the one with Davy Jones, cos he's got tentacles and they just make me feel queasy. It's like I can't eat innards, liver, lights, heart, brains etc, I just feel sick at the very idea. Oh, and beef makes me actually sick. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:40 pm

Oh dear, LL. hug So you can't eat steaks?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:45 pm

lily wrote:Oh dear, LL. hug So you can't eat steaks?
No. But I can eat much nicer - at least for me - food. I'm no a great fan of chicken either, I tend to eat that occasionally. I love fish, especially 'meaty' ones like cod, haddock, tilapia, and other things like turkey, lamb, pork, well and away enough of a choice so I don't need beef. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:49 pm

Those are good foods, LL. However, I cannot imagine not having an occasional beef prime rib with the trimmings or a juicy new york steak or filet mignon.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:53 pm

I don't eat red meat either, I just don't like it. Or pork - apart from prosciutto, oddly enough. Chicken is OK, but I prefer fish. And quorn works just as well in stir-fries and things - sometimes better, as it absorbs flavour more than meat.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:56 pm

lily wrote:Those are good foods, LL. However, I cannot imagine not having an occasional beef prime rib with the trimmings or a juicy new york steak or filet mignon.
Sounds quite nauseous!! I prefer good old-fashioned Austrian or German cooking, to be truthful, though I do admit to a fondness for Japanese and Korean food so long as there are no tentacles or grubs/insects involved, and I adore a bowl of hot, steamed rice. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:17 pm

lily wrote:I like calamari too, LL. rofl

Like prawns also. hug

I went allergic to Prawns about a year ago. And then I forgot. Ate some a few days ago and spent the night with my head down the lavatory pan. I have no idea why.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:58 pm

Sorry, Sabot. hug
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next