JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Hounders moaning about success of Hacked Off petition - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Hounders moaning about success of Hacked Off petition - Page 3 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Hounders moaning about success of Hacked Off petition - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Hounders moaning about success of Hacked Off petition - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Hounders moaning about success of Hacked Off petition - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Hounders moaning about success of Hacked Off petition - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Hounders moaning about success of Hacked Off petition - Page 3 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Hounders moaning about success of Hacked Off petition - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Hounders moaning about success of Hacked Off petition - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Hounders moaning about success of Hacked Off petition

+3
Pedro Silva
Sabot
bb1
7 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Hounders moaning about success of Hacked Off petition - Page 3 Empty Re: Hounders moaning about success of Hacked Off petition

Post  bb1 Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:16 pm

Bennett won't like this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/mehdi-hasan/debunking-the-five-bigges_b_2230409.html

Debunking the Five Biggest Media Myths About the Leveson Report

Though I suppose it doesn't really matter if the hounders are happy to take orders from the Daily Wail. Pcorneater
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Hounders moaning about success of Hacked Off petition - Page 3 Empty Re: Hounders moaning about success of Hacked Off petition

Post  muratfan Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:20 pm

The Huffy post was actually one media outlet that actually came out with credit in the Leveson report
muratfan
muratfan
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:48 pm

6. Following further correspondence the matter was considered on 16 July 2001 by a sub-committee Client Relations. A finding of inadequate professional service was made dated 20 July 2001 and the Respondent was ordered to pay £500 compensation to Mrs H.

Do we know if Bennett ever paid the compensation, as ordered?

At the conclusion of the hearing the Tribunal made the following order:

The Tribunal Order that the Respondent, Anthony John Stuart Bennett of 22 Laceys Road, Leverton, Boston, Lincs, PE22 0BG (formerly of 66 Chippingfield, Harlow, Essex, CM17 0DG) solicitor, be Reprimanded and they further order that he do pay the costs of and incidental to this application and enquiry fixed in the sum of £3000.

No wonder he was struck off, sorry, I mean 'retired' *cough* before he could be struck off.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  muratfan Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:55 pm

He does seem to have a habit of not paying costs, doesn't he
muratfan
muratfan
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:58 pm

He does indeed. Care to bet he isn't going to be quite so keen on press intrusion when he's in the dock next year?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:16 pm

Hounders moaning about success of Hacked Off petition - Page 3 _1911241_independenceparty300

Not a pretty sight.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2002118.stm

'Imperial vigilante' guilty of theft

I seem to recall that was when he claimed his name was 'Ray Stevens'?

ETA, yes, it was:

Mr Lambert asked the man his name, address and telephone number. The man seemed nervous. He was told by the man that his name was Ray Stevens but an address and telephone number were refused and the man who said he was Mr Stevens drove off.

Was that the start of Bennett's fondness for fake ids? Or socks, as they are also known?

Last edited by bb1 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:18 pm

Wasn't there something about the Firm he was training with having a right to prosecute him for Fraud, but decided not to for the sake of the good name of Solicitors in general?

I am not often wrong when dredging my memory for what might appear to be inconsequential facts.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:22 pm

I believe so, Sabot - and they compensated the woman he ripped off?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  muratfan Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:25 pm

Sabot wrote:Wasn't there something about the Firm he was training with having a right to prosecute him for Fraud, but decided not to for the sake of the good name of Solicitors in general?

I am not often wrong when dredging my memory for what might appear to be inconsequential facts.

Not sure about the firm, but he did try to claim money in his own name even though the couple who he had done work for, paid his Firm, then Bennett tried to charge them again, in his own name and address
muratfan
muratfan
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:30 pm

Ah yes....

Findings of the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal Constituted under the Solicitors Act 1974

The allegations against the respondent (Mr Bennett) were that he had been guilty of conduct unbefitting a solicitor namely:

(i) that he failed to comply with a finding of inadequate professional service dated 20 July 2001, confirmed on appeal on 30 August 2001

(ii) that he failed to act in the best interests of clients in that he acted for them in a private capacity thereby outside the scope of the Solicitors Indemnity Fund Rules 1995

(iii) that he acted in breach of principle 17.01 in that he accounted to clients in a personal capacity and not as an employee of his firm thereby failing to act with frankness and good faith towards his employers

(iv) by virtue of the aforementioned the Respondent had brought the profession into disrepute and is guilty of conduct unbefitting a solicitor

The application was heard on 9 September 2003.

At the conclusion of the hearing the Tribunal made the following order:

The Tribunal Order that the Respondent, Anthony John Stuart Bennett of 22 Laceys Road, Leverton, Boston, Lincs, PE22 0BG (formerly of 66 Chippingfield, Harlow, Essex, CM17 0DG) solicitor, be Reprimanded and they further order that he do pay the costs of and incidental to this application and enquiry fixed in the sum of £3000.

He must be notorious locally:

13. Essex County Council believed they were dealing with the firm of Lee Davies & Co as solicitors for the clients Mr and Mrs F.

Wouldn't be surprised if a good few people are just waiting to settle old scores when Bennett's in the dock next year. I do hope he doesn't complain if the press he is currently brown-nosing decide to tell the Great British Public a few things about him.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:32 pm

muratfan wrote:
Sabot wrote:Wasn't there something about the Firm he was training with having a right to prosecute him for Fraud, but decided not to for the sake of the good name of Solicitors in general?

Not sure about the firm, but he did try to claim money in his own name even though the couple who he had done work for, paid his Firm, then Bennett tried to charge them again, in his own name and address

It was a bit more complicated than that, MF. He was actually paid by one couple. Hence Fraud against the Firm who were training him. He wasn't even qualified at the time.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:43 pm

Oh, it's a transcript of Inside Out:

http://watchingthetrolls.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/the-truth-about-anthony-bennett-and.html

This jogs my memory:

.HELENE DAVIS-GREEN Apparently throwing out the odd insult isn’t breaking their code of conduct.

SIMON HARE It’s an example of free speech that her husband doesn’t like.

I'd forgotten that the hounders screamed the place down about being described as, VILE SICKOS.

What hypocrisy!

TONY BENNETT There are always going to be those who entirely believe the McCann’s account and regard me as evil and perverted for what I am doing.

Can't argue with anyone describing him in that manner.....

Roll on January! If Bennett hasn't folded yet again by then....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:47 pm

FEMALE TV PRESENTER And the people in Rothley who spoke to us today say they’re horrified.

LOCAL MALE Its absolutely repugnant, I think personally.

LOCAL FEMALE 1 I just think its sad and sick that people have got nothing else better to do with their time.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  muratfan Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:50 pm

Fre speech for hounders and sickos....but not to the hounders and sickos.

Loved it when the Inside Out programme came out.. All the sickos were so excited that their campaign would be out there and everyone would take notice...

Except it wasn't, it was a Floundation bashing programme ...so funny
muratfan
muratfan
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:16 pm

FEMALE TV PRESENTER And the people in Rothley who spoke to us today say they’re horrified.

LOCAL MALE Its absolutely repugnant, I think personally.

LOCAL FEMALE 1 I just think its sad and sick that people have got nothing else better to do with their time.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:33 pm

It seems to me that Bennett wants to be vilified. He almost seems to enjoy it. I just can't think why.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:42 pm

Sources say he's been spotted shopping.....

Hounders moaning about success of Hacked Off petition - Page 3 Sock-shop-logo-05
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:47 pm

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:03 pm

Sabot wrote:
It seems to me that Bennett wants to be vilified. He almost seems to enjoy it. I just can't think why.
I can. It's a syndrome that many dictators and the like have - "I can't make them love me, tried it and got nowhere so instead I'll make them hate me, which will ensure I get the maximum exposure etc." His failure at everything he has tried that might be regarded as legitimate has made him tack over to the other method, make himself so disliked that his name is everywhere. Would he be so visible if he was nice? Of course not. LL

Last edited by Lamplighter on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:10 pm

Wey Hey. You're back.

And thanks for the explanation. Obvious, if you think about it.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:23 pm

Sabot wrote:
Wey Hey. You're back.

And thanks for the explanation. Obvious, if you think about it.
Hello, ma petite, yes, je suis ici! hug 'Ordinary' people, I mean those who just want to live their lives, who aren't over-ambitious, but want to succeed in as far as their abilities let them, never have this problem. People unable to see themselves as 'ordinary', who imagine themselves as persons of greatness, are often unable to understand that life has to be worked at; it doesn't come easy, and bentit is such a one; he is a cypher, a nobody, a nothing man and his only wish is to be a something man, a somebody, so he makes people hate him. So sad, but he is really an objectionable, nasty, spiteful liitle man. You gets what you deserve, and he deserves .... well, I'll leave you to fill that bit in. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:30 pm

I do feel sorry for him sometimes, LL. And then he goes and does something else that is horrible. I just don't understand how someone can keep this up for nearly six years.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:34 pm

It's been going on for a lot longer than that, Sabot, this is just its latest manifestation. Look at the actions which led to him being struck off the solicitors' rolls....how could any decent human being sleep at night after what Bennett did?

He not only ripped that woman off financially, he screwed up a legal action to do with her grandchildren. Nasty, nasty, nasty.

This, IMO, is the giveaway that he revels in being vile:

TONY BENNETT There are always going to be those who entirely believe the McCann’s account and regard me as evil and perverted for what I am doing.

Any decent person would be devastated at the thought of being regarded like that - he enjoys it. IMO, LL has him well summed-up.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:43 pm

But he keeps on getting away with these things with very little punishment. And even Kate and Gerry have fallen over themselves to be reasonable. But he just spits back at people with yet more spite. It's awful.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:55 pm

I agree, Sabot. Here's hoping he gets his long-overdue comeuppance in 2013, and every single tabloid in the UK treats its readership to exposes of him.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next