JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
KIRCHNER STILL BLEATING ON, ABOUT, YEP, THE UK AND THEM DAMNED ISLANDS EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
KIRCHNER STILL BLEATING ON, ABOUT, YEP, THE UK AND THEM DAMNED ISLANDS EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
KIRCHNER STILL BLEATING ON, ABOUT, YEP, THE UK AND THEM DAMNED ISLANDS EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
KIRCHNER STILL BLEATING ON, ABOUT, YEP, THE UK AND THEM DAMNED ISLANDS EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
KIRCHNER STILL BLEATING ON, ABOUT, YEP, THE UK AND THEM DAMNED ISLANDS EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
KIRCHNER STILL BLEATING ON, ABOUT, YEP, THE UK AND THEM DAMNED ISLANDS EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
KIRCHNER STILL BLEATING ON, ABOUT, YEP, THE UK AND THEM DAMNED ISLANDS EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
KIRCHNER STILL BLEATING ON, ABOUT, YEP, THE UK AND THEM DAMNED ISLANDS EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
KIRCHNER STILL BLEATING ON, ABOUT, YEP, THE UK AND THEM DAMNED ISLANDS EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

KIRCHNER STILL BLEATING ON, ABOUT, YEP, THE UK AND THEM DAMNED ISLANDS

3 posters

Go down

KIRCHNER STILL BLEATING ON, ABOUT, YEP, THE UK AND THEM DAMNED ISLANDS Empty KIRCHNER STILL BLEATING ON, ABOUT, YEP, THE UK AND THEM DAMNED ISLANDS

Post  Lamplighter Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:33 am

The stupid creature's latest is to moan away at the memorial service to those Argentinians who died in the Falklands War. She asks why the UK will not discuss the matter, when they will sit down and happily chat with blood-stained evil dictators. She claims Argentina is a democratic country with a fine record - I think she definitely needs new glasses. Is all this drivel again because the Argies are about to hold elections? Personally I think she sees herself as the reincarnation of Evita, which she will never be, as Evita did have a brain! Oh, anyone like to give names to the 'blood-stained evil dictators? And what is the Argentinian record re the indigenous people whose land is being stripped from them to build factories etc? LL hmmm hmmm
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

KIRCHNER STILL BLEATING ON, ABOUT, YEP, THE UK AND THEM DAMNED ISLANDS Empty Re: KIRCHNER STILL BLEATING ON, ABOUT, YEP, THE UK AND THEM DAMNED ISLANDS

Post  bb1 Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:23 pm

I still have to do a double-check when I see a headline with her name in it; I keep thinking it's Demi Moore's ex-husband.

She claims Argentina is a democratic country with a fine record

Take it she didn't do history at school?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

KIRCHNER STILL BLEATING ON, ABOUT, YEP, THE UK AND THEM DAMNED ISLANDS Empty Re: KIRCHNER STILL BLEATING ON, ABOUT, YEP, THE UK AND THEM DAMNED ISLANDS

Post  bb1 Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:23 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/1074295/fernandez-called-old-hag-by-uruguay-president

The President of Uruguay has been caught on microphone calling his Argentine counterpart, Cristina Fernandez, an "old hag".

Jose Mujica was caught at the beginning of a news conference while speaking quietly with another official during a visit to a farming area in Uruguay to discuss trade with Brazil and Argentina.

The microphone picked him up saying: "This old hag is worse than the cross-eyed man."

The "cross-eyed man" is apparently a reference to Mrs Fernandez's late husband, the former president of Argentina Nestor Kirchner, who had a lazy eye. He died suddenly of a heart attack in 2010.

El Observador newspaper, which posted the audio on its website, said Mr Mujica was referencing the Kirchners and did not realise that the microphones were on.

The clip attracted so much web traffic it shut the newspaper's website down.

Argentina's government has responded with an official protest, calling the comments "unacceptable."

The Argentine Foreign Minister, Hector Timerman, said the remarks were "denigrating" and added that they offended the memory of the dead.

The Uruguayan ambassador Guillermo Pomi was summoned and presented with a protest letter, which said: "The Foreign Ministry would like to let the Uruguayan Embassy know of the deep discomfort created by President Jose Mujica's statements regarding late President Nestor Kirchner."

However, Mr Mujica told the online version of La Republica newspaper that he had not talked about Argentina and was not going to clarify anything.

Mr Mujica, a popular president, was elected in 2009. He shunned his grace and favour house and instead lives on a farm on the outskirts of Montevideo with his wife and three-legged dog.

Known as "the poorest president in the world", the former left-wing revolutionary gives 90% of his income to charity.

Mrs Fernandez, whose frequent rhetoric about taking back the Falklands Islands continues to provoke David Cameron, has refused to comment on the incident.

Mr Mujica is not the only leader to fall prey to an open-microphone gaffe. George W Bush memorably greeted Tony Blair with "Yo Blair" at a G8 summit in 2006, while Gordon Brown was caught calling a 66-year-old widow a "bigoted woman" on the 2010 election campaign.

=========

Oh dear. And the President of Uruguay sounds like that rarest of beasts, an honest politician.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:22 pm

Friday, April 5th 2013 - 07:18 UTC
Argentina strongly protests President Mujica remarks about Nestor and Cristina Kirchner

Uruguayan president José Mujica’s controversial statements caught on an open microphone referred to President Cristina Fernandez and her late husband Nestor Kirchner, triggered a strong response from the Argentine government saying that such comments are “unacceptable, denigrating and offend the memory of a dead person”.

A few hours after Mujica was ‘caught’ on Thursday following a local press conference saying that “the old lady in worse than the crossed eye man”, the Argentine Foreign ministry summoned Uruguayan ambassador Guillermo Pomi and presented him with a written protest letter.

“The Foreign Ministry would like to let the Uruguayan Embassy know of the deep discomfort created by President José Mujica’s statements regarding late President Néstor Kirchner”.

The statement released by the Foreign Ministry adds that “it is unacceptable for Argentina that these denigrating statements that offend the memory and office of a dead person, unable to reply or defend himself, were particularly made by someone who Dr. Kirchner considered his friend.”

The statement also said that President Cristina Fernández “would not be making any statements on the matter or the grievances”.

“The Ministry considers that the historic relationship that binds both nations should not be affected by expressions that offend those who represented the Argentine Republic and its people,” the statement indicated.

On Thursday afternoon Mujica visited a dairy and cattle farming area and was talking about the difficult trade relations with the senior Mercosur partners Brazil and Argentina, which was followed by a brief press conference.

But believing the event was over the microphones caught Mujica when he referred to Cristina Fernandez as the ‘old lady’ and former president Kirchner as ‘the crossed eye man’, which immediately caught Argentine media headlines.

But Mujica who was arguing that ‘to obtain something from Argentina’ (in trade terms) it was necessary to first dialogue with Brazil, in reality was kinder to Kirchner than to Cristina Fernandez: ‘she’s stubborn, he was more of a politician”.

Apparently during the talks with local officials and farmers Mujica also made some comments about the recent meeting of Cristina Fernandez and Pope Francis: “to an Argentine pope, who has lived 77 years in Argentina you are going to explain to him what a ‘mate’ and a ‘thermos’ are?”.

Mujica was referring to Cristina Fernandez’ gift to Francis: a ‘mate’, or hollow gourd with a metal straw from which a local infusion tea of ‘yerba’ is sipped. Drinking ‘mate’ is widely extended in Uruguay, Argentina, south of Brazil, Paraguay and certain areas of Bolivia and Peru.

President Mujica’s first reaction to the storm that his words erupted was to say that the press conference and dialogue with farmers was referred to agriculture, cattle, dairy farming “and not Argentina, so there is nothing to clarify”.

However it is anticipated that Foreign minister Luis Almagro will be involved in some serious fence mending since the lady is most jealous and irritable when it comes to the memory of her late husband to whom in some speeches she refers to as “He” or “Him”.

For Mujica it is another exercise of frustration in his attempt to establish a civilized dialogue with the administration of President Cristina Fernandez so as to move ahead in several joint projects, and is also further confirmation of his disenchantment with Mercosur and growing impediments to inter-regional trade.
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:40 pm

I suspect I would approve of the President of Uruguay; he doesn't seem to suffer fools gladly.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:45 pm

bb1 wrote:I still have to do a double-check when I see a headline with her name in it; I keep thinking it's Demi Moore's ex-husband.

She claims Argentina is a democratic country with a fine record

Take it she didn't do history at school?

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:09 pm

Perhaps she could be better employed putting state resources behind the Grandmothers of the Disappeared who are still trying to find the remains of their murdered children and the abductors of their grandkids instead of grandstanding over property that is not, and never has been, Argentina's. The BBC has just shown a documentary about this, made me very angry. LL Evil or Very Mad
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:40 pm

God forbid what Argentina would do to The Falklands. Have all the young men drafted into The Argentinian Army, or worse. And heaven knows what they would do to Free Speach and Yuman Rites.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:46 pm

And heaven knows what they would do to Free Speach and Yuman Rites.
The Generals used to make the pregnant women who were opposed to them give birth and then chuck them, alive, in to the sea from what are called the Death Flights. The babies were given to members of the military to raise as their own. Thanks to DNA, many of these babies have been reunited with their families, but there are still over 400 missing. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:58 pm

Lamplighter wrote:
And heaven knows what they would do to Free Speach and Yuman Rites.
The Generals used to make the pregnant women who were opposed to them give birth and then chuck them, alive, in to the sea from what are called the Death Flights. The babies were given to members of the military to raise as their own. Thanks to DNA, many of these babies have been reunited with their families, but there are still over 400 missing. LL

Yes, I am aware of that, LL. Bloody horrific. And this sort of thing was still going on during The Falklands War. So The British Government weren't just protecting the land.
I don't know what is going on in Argentina now, but I wouldn't want to take any chances.

And where was The Pope in those days? Not that I think he will interfere. But she wants to shut her mouth and bugger off. She is stirring up hatred.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:34 pm

From Wikipedia:
Dirty War

Bergoglio was the subject of allegations regarding the kidnapping of two Jesuit priests during Argentina's "Dirty War". Bergoglio feared for the priests' safety and had tried to change their work prior to their arrest; however, contrary to reports, he never tried to throw them out of the Jesuit order. In 2005, a human rights lawyer filed a criminal complaint against Bergoglio, as superior in the Society of Jesus of Argentina, accusing him of involvement in the Navy's kidnapping of the two priests in May 1976. The lawyer's complaint did not specify the nature of Bergoglio's alleged involvement, and Bergoglio's spokesman flatly denied the allegations. The lawsuit was ultimately dismissed. The priests, Orlando Yorio and Franz Jalics, had been tortured, but found alive five months later, drugged and semi-naked. Yorio accused Bergoglio of effectively handing them over to the death squads by declining to tell the regime that he endorsed their work. Yorio (who died in 2000) said in a 1999 interview that he believed that Bergoglio did nothing "to free us, in fact just the opposite". Jalics initially refused to discuss the complaint after moving into seclusion in a German monastery. However, two days after the election of Pope Francis, Jalics issued a statement confirming the kidnapping and attributing the cause to a former lay colleague who became a guerrilla, was captured, and named Yorio and Jalics when interrogated.[78] The following week, Jalics issued a second, clarifying statement: "It is wrong to assert that our capture took place at the initiative of Father Bergoglio ... the fact is, Orlando Yorio and I were not denounced by Father Bergoglio."

Bergoglio told his authorized biographer, Sergio Rubin, that after the priests' imprisonment he worked behind the scenes for their release; Bergoglio's intercession with dictator Jorge Rafael Videla on their behalf may have saved their lives. In 2010, Bergoglio told Sergio Rubin that he had often sheltered people from the dictatorship on church property, and once gave his own identity papers to a man who looked like him, so he could flee Argentina. The interview with Rubin, reflected in the biography El jesuita, is the only time Bergoglio has spoken to the press about those events. Alicia Oliveira, a former Argentine Judge, has also reported that Bergoglio helped people flee Argentina during the military regime. Since Francis became Pope, Gonzalo Mosca and José Caravias have related to journalists accounts of how Bergoglio helped them flee the Argentine dictatorship.

Oliveira described the future Pope as "anguished" and "very critical of the dictatorship" during the "Dirty War". Oliveira met with him at the time and urged Bergoglio to speak out — he told her that "he couldn't. That it wasn't an easy thing to do." Artist and human rights activist Adolfo Pérez Esquivel, who won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1980, said: "Perhaps he didn't have the courage of other priests, but he never collaborated with the dictatorship ... Bergoglio was no accomplice of the dictatorship." Graciela Fernández Meijide, member of the Permanent Assembly for Human Rights, also said that there was no proof linking Bergoglio with the dictatorship. She told Clarín: "There is no information and Justice couldn't prove it. I was in the APDH during all the dictatorship years and I received hundreds of testimonies. Bergoglio was never mentioned. It was the same in the CONADEP. Nobody mentioned him as instigator or as anything." Ricardo Lorenzetti, President of the Argentine Supreme Court, also has said that Bergoglio is "completely innocent" of the accusations.

To me those accusations of complicity with the Generals run the same as the ones that started after Benedict was elected - he was portrayed as a card-carrying full member of the Nazi Party merely because he was, like all German boys, forced to join the Hitler Youth. Interesting how all this kind of stuff surfaced after Benedict and Francis, both 'foreigners; were elevated to be Pope. One could possibly think that maybe there was some bias, and dislike, that no Italian was elected. I know Francis is of Italian descent but he is not a Curia man. I liked Benedict, and so far I like Francis. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down