JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
MARGARET THATCHER HAS DIED - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
MARGARET THATCHER HAS DIED - Page 2 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
MARGARET THATCHER HAS DIED - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
MARGARET THATCHER HAS DIED - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
MARGARET THATCHER HAS DIED - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
MARGARET THATCHER HAS DIED - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
MARGARET THATCHER HAS DIED - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
MARGARET THATCHER HAS DIED - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
MARGARET THATCHER HAS DIED - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

MARGARET THATCHER HAS DIED

+3
Sabot
bb1
Lamplighter
7 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

MARGARET THATCHER HAS DIED - Page 2 Empty Re: MARGARET THATCHER HAS DIED

Post  Sabot Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:29 am

http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/

Try this, LL. Loads and loads of TV Shows and Films. American and English.

If you need help on the best Hosts to choose, just ask.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:54 am

Sabot wrote:
http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/

Try this, LL. Loads and loads of TV Shows and Films. American and English.

If you need help on the best Hosts to choose, just ask.
Thanks, ma petite, but these are all for online viewing, am I right? I prefer my extra large TV as my eyes get tired easily these days. LL hug
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:31 am

http://www.scotsman.com/news/david-torrance-margaret-thatcher-and-the-scots-1-2882885

MARGARET THATCHER HAS DIED - Page 2 2579177688

Margaret Thatcher at a Scottish Conservative Party Conference in Perth in 1986. Picture: TSPL

Yes, well, she was doing that all right. Just not the way she intended. biggrin
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:38 pm

Carol and Mark Thatcher stay away from UK in wake of mother's death 'to grieve in private' but will fly back in time for funeral

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2306214/Margaret-Thatcher-dead-Carol-Mark-fly-funeral.html#ixzz2Pz78nGNI
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Oh, that's nice, they're coming back for their mother's funeral.

Can you imagine what would be said if the 87-year-old mother of a family lower down the social scale died in, say, a hospice, and her family could barely be bothered to return to the UK, having been on bad terms for some time?

They might at least have commented themselves, not left it to some Tory spokesman.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:39 pm

lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:43 pm

Well, it's understandable, they're a long way from the UK, and not everyone realises that the PM is NOT the head of state here.

I can't criticise them, I keep thinking the President of Argentina is Demi Moore's ex-husband...
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:48 pm

I did find it funny you know. Can't help it and maybe shouldn't laugh but.... rofl rofl

lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:55 pm

I'm deliberately not watching the TV news because of it, Lily. I am finding the government's behaviour deeply hypocritical, considering it was her fellow-Tories who backstabbed her and drove her out of office to begin with.

I do not agree at all with this huge funeral. To me, she was no Winston Churchill, uniting the nation in time of deadly peril. She divided the nation, and is still doing it in death.

I'm sorry for her family, they have lost their mother and grandmother - not that they seem to care greatly on the present showing. But the government cannot force everyone to mourn a politician who was deeply disliked by so many; this isn't North Korea.

The idiots celebrating in the streets are no better and I shudder to think what is going to happen in London next week.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:06 pm

Speaking of North Korea, he is upping his stupidity?

Back on topic, I hope for you all that it is all calm in London, in particular, and everywhere else.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:21 pm

lily wrote:Speaking of North Korea, he is upping his stupidity?

Back on topic, I hope for you all that it is all calm in London, in particular, and everywhere else.
Fatty has suggested all furriners leave Seoul and S Korea asap as there may well be a thermo-nuclear war any day now. The advice seems to have fallen on deaf ears; the stupid a*rse must know that if he does nuke any part of the peninsular or Japan where there are one hell of a lot of Americans, for a start, he will be a small sticky mess on the floor of his war room. There are also people from Russia, UK, etc. He really needs to learn to button his lip!! LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:24 pm

Yes he should, LL. He's another who just can't help himself. mad
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:30 pm

lily wrote:Yes he should, LL. He's another who just can't help himself. mad
Too many of them around! While I remember, if you can get CNN, then tomorrow there is a CNNGo program about Vienna at 18.30 CET (as a time comparison, as I write this it is about 16.30 CET here, UK is one hour behind us). If you can't get it on the TV, you should be able to watch it later online. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:35 pm

Thanks, LL, must try to remember to watch it!
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:42 pm

bb1 wrote:Thanks, LL, must try to remember to watch it!
If it's like the other CNNGo programs then it will show you parts of Vienna your normal tourist doesn't usually see. The advert for it looks good and is accompanied by my favorite waltz, Kaiserwalzer - the Emperor Waltz. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:45 pm

I hope I can get it.........you are 2 hours behind me, LL.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:04 pm

Personally, I am not at all devastated by the death of Margaret Thatcher. She was getting on a bit.

But she made me feel as though I was worth more than your average Door Mat. Most of you are considerably younger than I am, and LL is a man, so he doesn't really count in this. But my generation were brought up to believe that we were second class citizens, albeit possibly kindly.
I was not allowed a Mortgage in my own right, and my opinions were very often discounted. And there was no way in which I could start my own business if I needed financial backing. Margaret Thatcher changed all that.

And the way in which that bunch of light weights stabbed her in the back will live with me for the rest of my life. Not one of them could have done it alone, so they ganged up. Despicable. And that is what they have remained.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:10 pm

Sabot, I think that she brought out the extremes in people. They either loved her, or hated her. Almost no middle ground, so to speak?

I just remember the general election and reading the paper headlines in L.A. 'Give the Girl A Chance' was the one I remember most.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:13 pm

I agree about them remaining despicable, Sabot. But I didn't need Margaret Thatcher's help to do ANYTHING for myself. I certainly don't see her as any kind of role model for women, unless you count marrying a wealthy husband.

IMO, she polarized Britain when she was in power, and that divide has never gone away. I suspect the police may be very worried about what may happen in the cities, especially London, next week.

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:44 pm

I just remember the general election and reading the paper headlines in L.A. 'Give the Girl A Chance' was the one I remember most.

Maybe the wider world was more aware of, and appreciative of, her foreign policies, Lily? Whereas in the UK, it's her domestic policies that are still causing so many arguments?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:15 pm

I can only repeat that I am a good bit older than you all. Born before The War of incredibly working class parents who I can promise you were a jolly sight more class conscious and proud of it, than most. Know your place.
If I hadn't been carted off to a Children's Home [thank God] and then joined The Wrens, I would have finished up married to some East End Docker.
My Father never forgave me for voting Tory, which could be one of the reasons why he left all of his money to my half brother. And there was quite a lot of it for a working class man. But he also believed that women were stupid with money.

And No, I don't really care about the money. It might have been nice, But he never did one single thing to see his daughters educated decently, which I probably mind about most of all. But there you go. Mine were educated decently. And not one penny did I mind about that. That's why I know about Cows Heads, and how to pluck and gut a chicken or twenty.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:57 pm

bb1 wrote:

Maybe the wider world was more aware of, and appreciative of, her foreign policies, Lily? Whereas in the UK, it's her domestic policies that are still causing so many arguments?

It was before she was elected and we were discussing it at the studios. I remember the writer of a big movie showing me the headlines. He read the headline in a cute way that made us all go 'ah'. I think they all were more in awe of us even giving a woman a chance at the big job. I did have to point out about the Queen, mind you. rofl

To be honest, Bonny, this was before she and Reagan got together. They did get to have a great relationship, which was appreciated Stateside, as you will know. In fact, Ronnie had quite a connection with the big boss, Wink

lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:33 pm

IMO, Lily, a lot of non-Brits don't realise our PM isn't the Head of State, but just another politician and therefor temporary, hence the citizens' readiness to insult them, when they appear to be lofty figures on the world stage.

This isn't a royal funeral - to see the difference, look at the rows going on over Richard III, where everyone is arguing about which final destination would be MOST respectful.

The security nightmare:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/disunited-in-mourning-police-fear-thatcher-funeral-may-turn-into-security-nightmare-8566452.html
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:53 pm

But surely, it is The President who is The Head of State. He certainly is here. But we still have a Prime Minister. Although God alone knows who he is. It isn't a woman, otherwise I would have remembered.
There's bias for you.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:59 pm

I'm probably explaining badly, but the British head of state, the Queen, is - supposedly at least - ABOVE politics. Presidents are still elected politicians, if you see what I mean...
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:32 pm

bb1 wrote:I'm probably explaining badly, but the British head of state, the Queen, is - supposedly at least - ABOVE politics. Presidents are still elected politicians, if you see what I mean...

Sadly, you are correct.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next