JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
MARGARET THATCHER HAS DIED - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
MARGARET THATCHER HAS DIED - Page 3 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
MARGARET THATCHER HAS DIED - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
MARGARET THATCHER HAS DIED - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
MARGARET THATCHER HAS DIED - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
MARGARET THATCHER HAS DIED - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
MARGARET THATCHER HAS DIED - Page 3 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
MARGARET THATCHER HAS DIED - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
MARGARET THATCHER HAS DIED - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

MARGARET THATCHER HAS DIED

+3
Sabot
bb1
Lamplighter
7 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

MARGARET THATCHER HAS DIED - Page 3 Empty Re: MARGARET THATCHER HAS DIED

Post  bb1 Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:02 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/1076078/margaret-thatcher-mps-recalled-after-death

Margaret Thatcher: MPs Recalled After Death
MPs returning from abroad to attend the special debate about Baroness Thatcher can claim up to £3,750 for expenses

FFS! And the greedy barstewards wonder why the country is so easy to anger just now!

They actually want paid thousands to come back to the UK to talk about Maggie - on top of the millions being spent on her funeral.

How many pensioners' Bedroom Tax would this pay, I wonder?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:50 pm

Lamplighter wrote:
lily wrote:Yes he should, LL. He's another who just can't help himself. mad
Too many of them around! While I remember, if you can get CNN, then tomorrow there is a CNNGo program about Vienna at 18.30 CET (as a time comparison, as I write this it is about 16.30 CET here, UK is one hour behind us). If you can't get it on the TV, you should be able to watch it later online. LL

Just checked, I get it at 5.30 UK time, so will try to watch, and have set it to record in case of interruptions.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:57 pm

Bonny, my father could not stand her. In fact I sometimes was very bad and bought books about her which I mailed to him just to wind him up. He always did see the funny side, mind you. Especially as I wrote little lovey dovey notes in the front, as if from Maggie. biggrin

My daughter has those books now and they provide a lot of laughter.

I didn't live in the UK and was so busy with my job and my children that I didn't pay too much attention to politics at the time. embarass

lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:37 pm

Just to point out one of the many reasons why this overblown funeral is distasteful and hypocritical:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Thatcher

Thatcher was born Margaret Hilda Roberts in Grantham, Lincolnshire, on 13 October 1925.

And at the age of twenty in 1945, most other young women in the UK were, in some way, engaged in war work. Many were in the services, as was the Queen; others were in factories or on farms, doing the work of men.

Not our Maggie.

She arrived at Oxford in 1943 and graduated in 1947 with Second-Class Honours in the four-year Chemistry Bachelor of Science degree

That must have been nice for her. Did she even know that World War 2 was in progress?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:09 pm

Oh dear. Shocked
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:27 pm

Oh dear, rebellion in the Commons against the Spontaneous National Mourning:

Margaret Thatcher was 'not a woman on my terms', claims Labour MP Glenda Jackson in bitter attack on former Premier's memory
Oscar-winning actress launches astonishing assault on Lady Thatcher
Accuses her of 'wreaking heinous social and economic damage'
Searing assault 48 hours ex-PM's death backed on Twitter by John Prescott
Good-natured debate started by Cameron and Miliband blown apart
Left-wing MPs use recall of Parliament to condemn Thatcher's Britain
Labour-run Birmingham council refuses to fly flag at half mast

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2306997/Margaret-Thatcher-woman-terms-claims-Labour-MP-Glenda-Jackson-bitter-attack-Premiers-memory.html#ixzz2Q6NirgiB
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I do wish the people trying to enforce these diktats would remember that it simply is not protocol in the UK for ANY council to be forced to fly flags at half-mast because a retired politician is dead.

Suppose Gordon Brown went to meet his Maker tomorrow? Would flags be lowered to half-mast in Tory constituencies? Would it be regarded as high treason if people said, Oh, right, condolences to the family, but I didn't much like him?

Of course not.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:04 am

MARGARET THATCHER HAS DIED - Page 3 Telegraphpapers-1-329x437

What, she slaughtered thousands of civilians and burned several English towns, including Londinium, to the ground? Led her troops to disaster?

That Boadicea?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:34 am

Pcorneater Pcorneater
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:38 am

Best way, Lily, it's all getting rather ugly and unseemly. Oh, looks like no-one's coming from Argentina. Pcorneater
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:27 pm

Shocked What, not even to sing from the balcony? Oh dear oh dear. Pcorneater Pcorneater
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:34 pm

Or they asked Demi Moore's ex-husband by mistake?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:40 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2307374/Margaret-Thatcher-funeral-Mikhail-Gorbachev-says-hes-ill-attend.html

Jeremy Clarkson? He's horrid.

And if Kinnock is already committed to attending a memorial in Wales that day, then it is NOT a 'snub' not to go to Maggie's.

It would, in fact, be gross bad manners to change his plans.

The Wail really isn't helping matters, acting as if it's high treason not to spend the next month in mourning for Maggie.

Sections of the media and government need never bother sneering at North Korea and Spontaneous National Mourning after this.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:20 pm

Oh God, now Blair's back:

Labour at war: Tony Blair launches strident attack on Ed Miliband's retreat to being a 1980s-style party of protest

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2307404/Labour-war-Tony-Blair-launches-strident-attack-Ed-Milibands-retreat-1980s-style-party-protest.html#ixzz2QBEq7PdD
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

It's all like a horrible nightmare....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:08 pm

Probably taking it out on Ed cos he knows that Ed's big brovver spent a lot of time trying to unseat him! Had a friend in the Civil Service, Dept of Education and Skills, as david milliband and he says milliband made no attempt to hide his contempt for bliar and that he wanted his job as PM. His shenanigans are considered, by them wot is in the know, to have been the reason why Ed defeated David for the leadership after brown left. Not sure of all this, but my source is usually a very reliable one. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:41 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2013/apr/11/thatcher-funeral-pomp-concerns-palace

Wonder if Her Maj will have a sudden, recurrent bout of dodgy tummy trouble before Wednesday?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  muratfan Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:21 am

Have to say that when Maggie came to power, Britain was on it's knees. It was known as the sick man of Europe. Country crippled by 3 day working weeks, blackouts, Winter of Discontent. Rubbish in the streets, dead un-buried.

Why was that? Because the Unions used to call a strike every time the tea was cold or had jammy dodgers instead of custard creams.So yes it was good she took on the Unions, and yes, good she took on the miners. The coal industry was in decline, so you shut mines not profitable, simple economics really. But the Scargill thought he could bring down the Government but he didn't.

The Falklands War...Many criticised her for it for not listening to warnings made at the time. Fair enough she may have done more, but how long as the threats been going on for? Centuries. When the Falklands were reclaimed, never did she say that she won it back or anything, it was that she stopped an interview to say ""It is not about me, it is the brave servicemen who have fought and died to take back the Falklands..And we should be proud of them"" The Armed Forces were always looked after.

Okay some bad things happened, but look today at politics, and you will find most of her ideas and policies are used by all political parties nowadays
muratfan
muratfan
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:03 pm

IMO, she simply did not earn this tasteless, hypocritical funeral, muratfan.

She was no Churchill, she was just a widely-disliked politician. And the further away you travel from London and the M25 corridor, the more disliked she was.

She was, to me, a deeply unkind and uncaring woman, who made greed and bad manners government policy.

And do not start me on her ghastly son.

Why on earth are taxpayers paying for this funeral when he's a multi-millionaire? What happened to us all being in this together? Austerity only for poor people, is it? The spectacle of those Tory MPs with their noses in the trough claiming thousands to go to Parliament to say how wonderful the Blessed Maggie was, was the last straw.

I am enjoying the irony of the Wail being outraged about brainwashing in N Korea when they are beside themselves with fury at the thought of anyone not wearing sackcloth and ashes for Dear Leader Margaret.

Her death means nothing to me, and millions like me, it is a matter for her friends and family. Though they were nowhere around when she died in the Ritz, unlike us lesser beings when people we care about are dying.

No doubt they will be present when her will is read, though.

It is, IMO, repugnant that people are being almost forced to mourn a politician they just didn't like.

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:18 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/1077308/officer-resigns-over-anti-thatcher-tweets

Officer Resigns Over Anti-Thatcher Tweets
A policeman who tweeted that Baroness Thatcher's death came "87 years too late" resigns from his post.

Not surprising; I am sure there is something in his job description about police officers steering clear of politics and controversy.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:07 pm

Mail and Sun gone off shouting about 'peados' [sic] with the revelation that The Blessed Maggie left instructions that Jimmy Savile was to be invited to her funeral, have they?

Bit of a quandary for them, that is.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:45 pm

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:46 am

http://news.sky.com/story/1077904/thatcher-funeral-most-brits-oppose-paying

But a ComRes survey for the Independent on Sunday and the Sunday Mirror has found that only 25% of people think it should be funded by the public purse - compared to 60% who are against the idea.

The survey also showed that one in three people think she was Britain's greatest peacetime prime minister - although 41% of people disagreed.

Well done Cameron, got it wrong yet again. It is beyond me why family and friends of the late Mrs T couldn't have been left to hold a private funeral, with a memorial in St Paul's for the high hied yins, instead of trundling her coffin through London on a gun carriage.

She didn't even WANT a showy funeral herself.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:03 pm

I understand the family will be paying part of the costs. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:13 pm

So they should, given the loan-sharking, African coup-plotting, banned-from the US baronet 'Sir' Mark Thatcher is a multi-millionaire, LL.

And the Tory party should pay the rest, seeing as how they don't approve of State support for ANYTHING.

They won't, though, they will dump the bill on taxpayers, whilst driving ever-more chronically ill people to their graves.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedro Silva Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:20 pm

Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:58 pm

Not over the top, says the multi-millionaire of the funeral of another multi-millionaire, for which taxpayers are going to foot the bill. Rolling Eyes
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next