JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
WHY GONC HASN'T A LEG TO STAND ON WHEN HE FACES TRIAL FOR LIBEL - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
WHY GONC HASN'T A LEG TO STAND ON WHEN HE FACES TRIAL FOR LIBEL - Page 4 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
WHY GONC HASN'T A LEG TO STAND ON WHEN HE FACES TRIAL FOR LIBEL - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
WHY GONC HASN'T A LEG TO STAND ON WHEN HE FACES TRIAL FOR LIBEL - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
WHY GONC HASN'T A LEG TO STAND ON WHEN HE FACES TRIAL FOR LIBEL - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
WHY GONC HASN'T A LEG TO STAND ON WHEN HE FACES TRIAL FOR LIBEL - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
WHY GONC HASN'T A LEG TO STAND ON WHEN HE FACES TRIAL FOR LIBEL - Page 4 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
WHY GONC HASN'T A LEG TO STAND ON WHEN HE FACES TRIAL FOR LIBEL - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
WHY GONC HASN'T A LEG TO STAND ON WHEN HE FACES TRIAL FOR LIBEL - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

WHY GONC HASN'T A LEG TO STAND ON WHEN HE FACES TRIAL FOR LIBEL

+4
lily
Pedro Silva
Sabot
bb1
8 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

WHY GONC HASN'T A LEG TO STAND ON WHEN HE FACES TRIAL FOR LIBEL - Page 4 Empty Re: WHY GONC HASN'T A LEG TO STAND ON WHEN HE FACES TRIAL FOR LIBEL

Post  Sabot Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:32 pm

bb1 wrote:Isn't Astro's husband a PJ officer in the Algarve? Something like that? I don't know of any other relationship...

That's wot I thought I meant. Although I don't actually know. But what the hell. Worse things have been said about The McCanns.
And I can always Cease and Desist. Bennett has taught me so much about our Draconian Libel Laws. And what did I say anyway? I never said she done it.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

WHY GONC HASN'T A LEG TO STAND ON WHEN HE FACES TRIAL FOR LIBEL - Page 4 Empty Re: WHY GONC HASN'T A LEG TO STAND ON WHEN HE FACES TRIAL FOR LIBEL

Post  muratfan Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:45 pm

Well i just searched every paper in Portugal, tried vourt listings in Portugal and guess what NOTHING...

Must be running alongside his new book he wrote.
muratfan
muratfan
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:51 pm

I've been searching everywhere too, mf -nothing. Pedro hasn't spotted anything either.

IMO, Gonc is in trouble. His groupies were keen enough to 'leak' that something was happening last week, but since then - silence.

If anything at all good for Gonc had been happening, they would have told the world by now.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  muratfan Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:53 pm

Maybe the McCanns know what Amaral is going to do in court and admit it was libel and pay to the fund. That will then clear the way for Bennett to be sued as his leaflets were based on his book.

Crafty these McCanns you know...
muratfan
muratfan
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  sans_souci Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:52 am

At a guess I would say that if there is any action at present, it is the lawyers having a chat, along the lines of "i'll show you mine if you show me yours".

Although anyone can go to law, there is a general duty to try to minimise the number of cases brought to court, whose time and resource is limited. Therefore they will try to reach an out of court settlement.

I would not be surprised to see a statement in a few weeks time saying that the parties have agreed an out of court settlemeent for an undisclosed sum and an agreement as regards costs. You can imagine the specualtion that would create!

sans_souci
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  sans_souci Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:53 am

I am sure we can HB.

"I wonder how much the McCanns have had to give Dr Amaral to persuade him to drop the case" is a racing certainty

sans_souci
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:56 am

honestbroker wrote:I wonder if we can speculate about the speculation:

Something along the lines of: The McCanns got cold feet beccause they realised they were going to lose (or some such) ...
More than likely since none of the antis understand anything about the law. And do we care, honestly? The thought of a few thousand more quids in the McCanns' Find Madeleine Fund makes me very happy. And also a large piece of tape across that fat, loose-lipped Gonc mouth!!!! thumbsup cheers Next scalp, bennett's!! LL Dancing Dancing fingerwave
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:00 am

bb1 wrote:I've been searching everywhere too, mf -nothing. Pedro hasn't spotted anything either.

IMO, Gonc is in trouble. His groupies were keen enough to 'leak' that something was happening last week, but since then - silence.

If anything at all good for Gonc had been happening, they would have told the world by now.

If they knew it was happening then they must know the outcome. Tra La.

But I must say that this Secrecy Lark in Portugal fascinates me. It's a bit like Free Speach but only for them.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:05 am

sans_souci wrote:At a guess I would say that if there is any action at present, it is the lawyers having a chat, along the lines of "i'll show you mine if you show me yours".

Although anyone can go to law, there is a general duty to try to minimise the number of cases brought to court, whose time and resource is limited. Therefore they will try to reach an out of court settlement.

I would not be surprised to see a statement in a few weeks time saying that the parties have agreed an out of court settlemeent for an undisclosed sum and an agreement as regards costs. You can imagine the specualtion that would create!

And then we will have to wait for The Find Madeleine Fund Accounts to see how much it was.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  sans_souci Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:00 am

True. In the meantime they seem to be think that "settling out of court" means that the McCann will have to make Amaral an offer of some sort.

I have a feeling it will of the unrefusable type!

sans_souci
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:10 am

sans_souci wrote:True. In the meantime they seem to be think that "settling out of court" means that the McCann will have to make Amaral an offer of some sort.

I have a feeling it will of the unrefusable type!

Of course they will think that, Sans. But it is hardly likely since Amaral has undoubtedly Libelled The McCanns. Whether or not he is allowed to do this in Portugal is for The Court to decide, but The Court won't allow him to be paid for the dubious priviledge.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  sans_souci Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:57 am

Portugal does have a remarkably odd legal system!

But under most legal systems if a plaintiff becomes convinced that they do not have a good enough case to win, they simply walk away.

It would then be down to the other party to countersue for costs etc.

sans_souci
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:01 pm

sans_souci wrote:Portugal does have a remarkably odd legal system!

But under most legal systems if a plaintiff becomes convinced that they do not have a good enough case to win, they simply walk away.

It would then be down to the other party to countersue for costs etc.

Exactly. Two different issues, and another case altogether from The Libel Case.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:30 pm

So, no news yet of how much Gonc is donating to the FindMadeleine fund?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:17 pm

Someone in Team Gonc has finally stirred themselves to put through a few brain-dead comments on the Morais blog, sample:

It's definitely time that the doctor's surgery (in Rothley?) where Kate worked was investigated.She claimed that the odour of death/cadaver detected on her black-and-white checked trousers came from six dead bodies

How totally, utterly, stupid can you get? That old forum myth was demolished long ago - but there's a Truthseeker, digging it up by its hoary old whiskers again.

No sign of anything resembling news from Lisboa, though.

I wonder how Morais is going to spin it to the shrooms, or is she leaving them in their happy, hater ignorance for as long as possible?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:20 pm

Here's another brain-dead shroom:

IT IS WEALTH THAT IS KEEPING THEM FROM PRISON,

What, a couple of million, in a fund to find their missing child?

That isn't even a decent Lottery jackpot - and winning multi-millions on the Lottery hasn't kept anyone out of jail in the UK, has it?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:36 pm

Still no sign of Morais telling her shrooms just how far up Sh*t Creek Gonc is, then? Never mind, it's all going to come out sooner or later.

Tick tock and all that Pcorneater
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:35 am

Someone seems to have finally woken up on the Morais blog, as a series of comments with all the insight and intelligence of the rubbish on Textusa have appeared...

Anonymous said... 120
I know 3 high ranking ex policemen (around the country), and one met police serving officer with 25 years experience.

Yes, of course you do dear rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

PS- Gonc written that cheque yet? He isn't going to have too much choice if Guerra & Paz and TVI don't want any more hassle because of him. Pcorneater
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4