JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Scareforce One Makes Day Trip To Aberdeen - Page 30 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Scareforce One Makes Day Trip To Aberdeen - Page 30 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Scareforce One Makes Day Trip To Aberdeen - Page 30 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Scareforce One Makes Day Trip To Aberdeen - Page 30 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Scareforce One Makes Day Trip To Aberdeen - Page 30 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Scareforce One Makes Day Trip To Aberdeen - Page 30 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Scareforce One Makes Day Trip To Aberdeen - Page 30 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Scareforce One Makes Day Trip To Aberdeen - Page 30 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Scareforce One Makes Day Trip To Aberdeen - Page 30 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Scareforce One Makes Day Trip To Aberdeen

4 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Scareforce One Makes Day Trip To Aberdeen - Page 30 Empty Re: Scareforce One Makes Day Trip To Aberdeen

Post  bb1 Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:02 pm

Of course they will, Lily, that's why everyone is laughing at the scaremongering.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Scareforce One Makes Day Trip To Aberdeen - Page 30 Empty Re: Scareforce One Makes Day Trip To Aberdeen

Post  lily Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:29 pm

They will say that they were only teasing......Pcorneater
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:36 pm

Someone likened this to an abused wife finally saying, Enough's enough! and heading for the divorce courts.

We seem to be at the point where the abandoned, bullying spouse is trying every trick in the book to win her back. I just hope our Imperial Masters don't turn into deranged abandoned spouses, the kind that take a bulldozer to the former marital home just to show her who's boss....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:39 pm

Scareforce One Makes Day Trip To Aberdeen - Page 30 Bxhd_T4IcAAFCtv

If her Maj actually said something to anyone - which I doubt - then it would have been a very foolish thing to do. It's not going to change anyone's mind, and it tarnishes her near-spotless reputation. I don't think she uttered a word.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:21 pm

I believe I read that she said to someone to think very hard before making a decision.  Something close to that.....but it still shows a certain impartiality when you think about it.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:42 am

The unionists have been desperate to drag HM into this, Lily, so by alleging she said something, via hearsay, urging 'caution', it's being used as a codeword for Oh No! The seas will boil and mountains crumble if you vote YES.

I would be genuinely surprised if she had said a word, she has been so scrupulous about staying out of politics. Especially as a YES makes not a whit of difference to her, any more than other nations in the Commonwealth did when they became independent.

Remember all those nations in the recent Commonwealth Games at Glasgow? Every single one of them was ruled by London at one point, and the world hasn't stopped turning since they began ruling themselves.

Hence my suspicions it never happened.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:57 am

We aren't getting the whole conversation, are we? Presuming there was one. I simply do not believe that The Queen would do this.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:35 am

If she did, Sabot, it would be a very bad move on her part, it's an absolute no-no for royals to meddle in politics. It won't make any difference to the YES vote, but is liable to have unforseen consequences in the future.

It's actually astounding how patronising the unionists have been. Never mind antics from politicians, whatever made them think Scots hang on the words of David Beckham? Or need told what to do by David Bowie via some cokehead model? Astounding arrogance.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:55 am

More of the joys of historic Brittania-ruling.

The Battle of the Braes, which finally led to the end of the Highland Clearances. Anywhere else in the world, ethnic cleansing is regarded as the foulest of crimes, but it mysteriously seems to be accepted by this Glorious Union. Tory lords - and Cameron - got to have somewhere to wear badly-fitting kilts and kill animals once a year!

http://www.scotsman.com/lifestyle/heritage/battle-of-the-braes-last-stand-against-the-clearances-1-465092

Highlanders had survived for centuries by crofting - living off a stretch of land for which they paid rent to their landlords. The farmers and land owners supplemented this meagre income with the lucrative kelp trade - seaweed, used in glassmaking, bleach and soap during the Napoleonic wars. But peace with France in 1815 ended this industry and the landlords turned their attention to sheep grazing, which required evicting their kinsmen from the crofts.

In 1882, the crofters of Skye refused to pay rent to Lord MacDonald until their animal grazing rights were returned. The Lord turned to the law to evict the crofters, and in April a sheriff's officer was sent to issue an ejection summons to the crofters. The angry crofters forced the officer to burn the document, and the Sheriff of Inverness requested assistance from the Glasgow constabulary to enforce the law.

Fifty policemen were sent and arrived at the Braes, a district near Portree on Skye. The crofters were surprised at first, but soon around a hundred men, women and children met the policemen armed with sticks and stones. Several people were injured; five men were arrested and fines were imposed on some at Inverness court. This confrontation became known as the Battle of the Braes. Its claim to be the last land battle fought on British shores is an exaggeration – it was more of a land dispute than any pitched battle.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:43 pm

An excellent piece:

http://bellacaledonia.org.uk/2014/09/14/the-butterfly-rebellion/

Quote:

We have now seen, on shaky mobile phone footage, the moment the British Empire finally ended. It ended with two guys on a rickshaw chasing 100 Labour MPs up Buchannan Street playing the Imperial March from Star Wars and informing bemused shoppers that their Imperial Masters Had Arrived. These imperial ‘masters’ have no guns. They rule through deference. Without it they look exactly like what they are; overpaid middle management on a team building away day. (“OK, to get the day started, an icebreaker. Let’s all try and walk up a normal street like we are normal people. No team, not like that. Like NORMAL people.”)

That has to be one of the funniest things I have EVER seen.

Further quote:

A butterfly rebellion is coming close to winning Scotland away from the forces of the British state. I think we’ll do it, but either way, they can’t beat us. We are already half of Scotland and we keep growing. They are weak and we are strong. When the people of Britain see their titans defeated by a rebel army who used infographics and humour, what is there to stop them following? England needs its butterfly rebellion as well.

Quite. Do our neighbours in the south really want to go on being ruled by a bunch of troughers that don't give a flying one about them? I don't think so.....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:45 pm

Interesting comments:

Regarding the opening line; The lairds came to warn us villagers to do as we were told. My brother-law works for a land management company servicing several highland estates. He has been ‘instructed’ by his company to vote no, as have all his colleagues. The estate workers and factors he has had contact with have also been told by the lairds to vote no – remember that many are in tied cottages.

He is voting yes but cannot engage with social media for fear he is found out.

If this was unacceptable in the deep south of America, on the plantations, it is unacceptable in contemporary Scotland.

========

Bringing back memories to me of canvassing in Moray in the ’70s. ‘Farm servants’ in tied cottages often answered the question of how they would vote ‘och, ma quinie, ah’ll vote the way the lairdy tells me’. On polling day, the local lairdie’s wife and her friends (none of whom were sworn in) took people into the polling booths to show them who to vote for! Apparently they had always done this. We got them thrown out that day, and Winnie Ewing took the seat from the then Secretary of State for Scotland. As a Glaswegian, I had never seen anything like this before – naked feudalism in the 1970’s. So it is still going on. Just try to make sure they don’t get into the booths with the people, though in Moray they later told people they could identify votes! YES ALL THE WAY!
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:02 pm

http://www.newsnetscotland.com/index.php/scottish-opinion/9745-daily-blackmail-cranks-into-overdrive

For some reason I thought maybe there were journalistic depths to which the Daily Mail could not sink. Any illusions I harboured were dispelled by this article with Alex Salmond juxtaposed with Kim Jong Un.

This followed the Mail printing in its Scottish edition the headline ‘Cameron: Don’t rip our family apart’, whereas ‘Why don’t we tell the Scots to shove off’ was emblazoned on the English edition on the same day.

‘Viscount’ Rothermere who owns the Daily Mail must be concerned that aristocratic privilege and entitlement will not be constitutionally recognised in an independent Scotland. Editor Paul Dacre who owns a massive estate in Scotland would have to register title in Scotland and pay taxes on it, so we can see where their bread is buttered.

This is in the broader context of the London corporate press going into overdrive to save their cherished London establishment. The Telegraph, Guardian, the Times of London, the Independent, the Huffington Post, and the rest have ramped up their production of ‘some guy said something bad would happen to Scotland if they vote for independence’ stories.

More at link; the part about those bizarre polls is interesting.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:40 pm

It is clear from here who is winning.  Yesterday afternoon when I was reading Beckham pushing for a no vote, I laughed so hard it hurt.  The grandees are digging through the barrel and into China with that.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:47 pm

Excellent piece in the Scottish Sun:

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/papercolumnists/andrewnicoll/5913561/Messages-aint-scary-warnings-of-doom-dont-add-up.html

By ANDREW NICOLL Published: 13 hrs ago
THE last full week of referendum campaigning has been pretty scary, with lots of dire warnings about the long-lasting financial consequences of a Yes vote.
There have been warnings from John Lewis and Asda about the rising costs of their products after independence.

Obviously it costs more to bring a lorry full of stuff to Edinburgh or Inverness — starting next week.

Tesco was quoted in a Better Together leaflet suggesting prices would rise 16 per cent with independence — a claim bosses were forced to publicly shoot down.

But there are two reasons why the price of your shopping will not rise because of independence. One is Aldi and the other is Lidl.

Tesco profits are down by £900million this year. The big supermarket chains are losing out hand over fist, undercut by the newly arrived chains.

These guys can manage to run a supermarket operation in Scotland all the way from Germany.

So the chances are Tesco can manage to do it from Kent if they really put their minds to it.

But if they are absolutely determined to make sure more people shop at Aldi, a good way to do that would be to make their prices even higher.

RBS and many other banks and financial institutions have made it clear they will flee from Scotland if there is a Yes on Thursday.

The chief economist at Deutsche Bank, David Folkerts-Landau said voting for independence “would go down in history as a political and economic mistake” as large as those which sparked the Great Depression of the1930s.

Just to be clear, this is the same Deutsche Bank which made a loss of 1.153billion euros in only the last four months of 2013.

Roughly half of that loss came from legal fees in America where the bank was forced to pay fines of 1.4billion euros for selling dodgy financial products.

So you may wish to accept Mr Folkerts-Landau’s advice — or you may take the view that he should spend a bit less time fretting about us.

Last month, the London branch of Deutsche Bank was fined £4.7million by UK regulators for financial irregularities in an astounding 29million separate transactions.

It would have been more but, after they were caught, they put their hands up so they got a 30 per cent reduction.

Which is nice but not the sort of thing that usually applies to your average shoplifter.

In December last year, Deutsche Bank was fined — wait for it — £578million by the European Commission for fiddling the Libor rate.

That means they were part of a conspiracy to manipulate the interest rates you pay on your car loan, your credit card and your mortgage.

Can you guess who else got fined, who else was part of the conspiracy to rip you off?

That’s right, it was RBS who were fined £310million.

Do you know who paid that fine? It was the shareholders of RBS.

And do you know who owns 81 per cent of the shares of RBS? That would be you and me.

These people are like criminals — they keep getting caught. They are like inept criminals.

They are so astoundingly bad at their jobs that they actually managed to go bust in the biggest bankruptcy the world has ever seen.

They relied on the rest of us to clean up their mess, continued to use our money to carry out illegal activity and when they got caught, used our money to pay the fines.

Actually I’ve changed my mind. They’re not like inept criminals at all. That’s brilliant. They are masterminds.

But when they come forward to issue their dire warnings on Scotland’s future, I remember that — however clever they are — they still acted illegally.

It’s just possible — in fact I think it’s more than likely — that these people are not speaking with my interests at heart.

A policeman might suggest I should remember to flick the catch on my double glazing and possibly invest in a new lock for the front door.

A burglar is likely to offer rather different advice.

It’s been a scary week but I’m not scared.

I don’t have room in my heart to be scared because I’m so proud of us.

Look at what we have done. Can you ever think of a time when people were talking about politics in pubs and cafés, on the bus, on a train? It’s happening every day.

Could you ever imagine church halls would be packed out night after night with people wanting to discuss and debate and learn and think and plan together?

Yes, Jim Murphy got hit with an egg. Big deal.

One should not have joined if one could not take a joke.

Aside from that, we have come through this with dignity and generosity, understanding and a willingness to listen.

It took Northern Ireland 30 years of bombings and murders and bloodshed and intimidation to get to where we are now.

And we could be on the brink of going an awful lot further with hardly a nose punched.

That is a fantastic achievement by a fantastic nation.

It’s like the Bible says — “Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams”.

Our sons and daughters are daring to look ahead to a future that will be much different from what we have known.

There is a vision now available to us of a Scotland over the horizon.

These past two-and-a-half years have changed everything.

I look at my kids and I trust them. I’m not scared.

On Friday, we are going to start again.

We either start from scratch on new foundations or we rebuild what we’ve got.

But we have to believe it’s going to be better so, please, don’t be scared.

========

Cameron's due to Love Bomb Aberdeen today, doubtless to the usual hand-picked Bitters - if they can't find enough local Bitters, they'll be brought up from the south, as they're having to do with all their campaigns and canvasses.

When Cameron Love Bombed the carefully-chosen insurance company in Edinburgh last week, our ain First Meenister was a mile away, in a cafe, eating chips with toddlers and their mums while taking part in a Mumsnet internet debate.

I'm sure no-one needs told who won that one hands down. rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:48 pm

Jings, crivvens, help ma boab!

Scareforce One Makes Day Trip To Aberdeen - Page 30 10414400_866045600073018_3898679722748912163_n
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:08 pm

Loving the posts and articles, Bonny.  You don't think the toffs are out of touch with the rest of the mere mortals, do you?

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:15 pm

I did mention Lidl in some comment, somewhere, several days ago. All of the big chains are losing out. Now, they appear to be committing suicide.

Don't care about The Banks. You can bank off shore, or anywhere, if you like. Watch for some bright French bank to move in to Scotland. You still get to see your bank manager in any of those.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:26 pm

You notice the nice Spanish bank that has so many branches here is saying nothing about all this, Sabot?

It's farcical, anyway. The Clydesdale is owned by an Australian bank, and is shutting branches as fast as possible to 'improve its services' or something. RBS is owned by the State, and after the mess it made it's in no position to lecture anyone. Rather like the Co-Op bank.

No, Tesco, Lidl, the nice Spanish bank, etc., will do very nicely out of the foolishness of their colleagues.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:40 pm

Of course they will, Bonny. This will be a great opportunity for some. Please God, I hope so much that you will win. But whatever happens, some people are not going to forget the last couple of weeks.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:55 pm

Sabot, if, by some chicanery, No gets a win, this won't be the end of it.

If the Noes stopped waving their Union Jacks and announcing they're ProudScotsBut, for five minutes, they might notice that there is going to be NO devo-max. It's already been ruled out by the House of Lords and Hague. It simply cannot be done constitutionally.

Indeed, England is swinging to the Right, with hero-worship of Boris and Farage in progress. Both have made it clear that as soon as they get the chance, they are going to hammer Scotland.

The SNP and other pro-Scotland parties are going to be all that's between the people of Scotland and these right-wing, anti-Europe, anti-foreigner, lunatics.

Anyone see that ending well? No, me neither.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:58 pm

Oh Lord, Cameron's about to issue his final threats and Love Bombs - his rostrum has got LET'S STICK TOGETHER on it. Told you it was like an abusive husband begging for just one more chance, promise it'll never happen again, look, here's some carnations I got at the garage.

bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:10 pm

Very revealing comment:

http://wingsoverscotland.com/in-at-the-deep-end/#more-61721

kininvie says:
15 September, 2014 at 4:12 pm
The FM dropped into Linlithgow this afternoon for a wee walkabout in his home down. There was, naturally, a good Yes turnout (we’re quite efficient here in WL), but what impressed me was the obvious affection with which he was greeted by the crowd as he went around kissing babies and posing for selfies, and his obvious happiness in doing so (and, face it he must have hugged hundreds of people in the past weeks).

Can you imagine Cameron or Milliband, or Lamont or Alexander getting that kind of reception. Can you imagine them even daring to try?

I hold no particular candle for the FM – but he’s got us to where we are, almost single-handedly, by not letting his purpose waver – and the crowd’s palpable need to go that last step and get us over the line means he was greeted with the enthusiasm he deserves.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:15 pm

I'm watching Sky. A stream of ageing celebs - and David Beckham - have just begged me, from London, not to leave them.

As I couldn't stand most of them in the first place, I don't think I'll be paying too much attention. I do NOT find Grant Mitchell an admirable role model. rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:22 pm

OMG How much more desperate can you get?  What do those people know about anything anyway?  roflroflroflroflroflrofl
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:31 pm

Former cabinet minister John Redwood said the House of Commons should sit as an ‘English Parliament’ for most of the week and only let Scottish MPs attend when discussing ‘union’ issues like foreign policy and defence.
Outspoken backbencher Nadine Dorries went further, saying: 'Why are we paying them to eat deep-fried mars bars when we can't even get decent health care in this country?'
Conservative MPs are concerned that in the wake of a ‘No’ vote on Thursday, the Scottish Parliament will be given sweeping new powers over tax and welfare but MPs from north of the border will still be able to vote on matters which only apply in England.
Mr Redwood said Scottish Labour MPs should pledge not to vote on English matters after the independence referendum.
Mr Redwood said: ‘As a Scottish parliament is going to have the power to fix income tax in Scotland we need an English parliament to fix the level of income tax in England.
‘I want England to get the same devolution as Scotland and I want England to get the government it votes for

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2756338/Why-paying-eat-deep-fried-Mars-Bars-t-decent-health-care-Tory-MPs-demand-English-Parliament.html#ixzz3DPiboVUz
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

How very racist! I've never eaten a deep-friend Mars bar in my life. Can you imagine the uproar if the likes of her made a remark about Indians and chapatis? Or West Indians and coconuts?

There has been some fascinating racial stereotyping from our imperial lords and masters this week; they seem unable to decide whether to use the 'canny Scots' stereotype or the 'Buckfast' stereotype. Not that it matters, it generally ends in a rant about Braveheart, haggis and kilts. rofl rofl rofl rofl
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next