JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Scareforce One Makes Day Trip To Aberdeen EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Scareforce One Makes Day Trip To Aberdeen EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Scareforce One Makes Day Trip To Aberdeen EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Scareforce One Makes Day Trip To Aberdeen EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Scareforce One Makes Day Trip To Aberdeen EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Scareforce One Makes Day Trip To Aberdeen EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Scareforce One Makes Day Trip To Aberdeen EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Scareforce One Makes Day Trip To Aberdeen EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Scareforce One Makes Day Trip To Aberdeen EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Scareforce One Makes Day Trip To Aberdeen

4 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Scareforce One Makes Day Trip To Aberdeen Empty Scareforce One Makes Day Trip To Aberdeen

Post  bb1 Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:42 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/1216426/pm-lands-on-rig-to-push-scottish-union-case

PM Lands On Rig To Push Scottish Union Case
David Cameron says the UK's stability is key to the oil industry's success, as he prepares to host a cabinet meeting in Aberdeen.

David Cameron has landed at an oil rig more than 100 miles off the coast of Scotland as part of a visit to promote the economic benefits of remaining part of the UK.

The Prime Minister took a helicopter from Aberdeen to the BP Etap platform 134 miles offshore where he met with workers.

Afterwards, he said the UK's "broad shoulders" provide stability for the industry to invest.

"Because we're a top 10 economy we can afford the tax allowances, the investment, the long-term structure that's necessary to make sure we recover as much from the North Sea as possible," he said.

But the claim was dismissed by Scotland’s First Minister Alex Salmond.

He said: "All you have to do is glance across the North Sea to Norway which is smaller than Scotland but by every estimation has handled its oil and gas resources much better."

Mr Cameron will hold a cabinet meeting in Aberdeen later this afternoon, just seven miles away from where Mr Salmond held his cabinet meeting this morning.

It is only the second meeting of the UK cabinet north of the border in 90 years.

The leader of the Scottish National Party has repeatedly demanded a televised debate with the Prime Minister over Scotland's independence, ahead of a referendum in September.

But the Prime Minister has said Alistair Darling - as the leader of the ‘no’ campaign - is the person to debate.

Mr Salmond used the pair's close proximity to lay down the gauntlet to the Prime Minister, and asked him to commit to a debate.

He said: "Since we're both in the same place at roughly the same time why don't we have a debate?

"I think there's a difference between jetting into Scotland and jetting out again and having a real democratic debate about the future of the country."

The meetings of the UK and Scottish cabinets have been timed to coincide with the publication of a review of the oil industry by retired tycoon Sir Ian Wood.

He said a shake-up of North Sea oil regulation could provide a £200bn boost to the UK economy.

The measures contained in Sir Ian's report, which the Government will fast-track for implementation, include the creation of a new independent regulator to supervise licensing.

Education secretary Michael Gove told Sky News the UK acts as a "shock absorber" to Scotland over oil price fluctuations.

Scareforce One Makes Day Trip To Aberdeen Cegrab-20140224-131522-317-1-522x293

A map showing the likely division of oil fields post-independence

Last edited by bb1 on Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Scareforce One Makes Day Trip To Aberdeen Empty Re: Scareforce One Makes Day Trip To Aberdeen

Post  lily Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:11 pm

Oh! Did he rush off again?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Scareforce One Makes Day Trip To Aberdeen Empty Re: Scareforce One Makes Day Trip To Aberdeen

Post  bb1 Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:28 pm

Spoke to a few carefully-chosen reporters and headed south again, Lily. He wouldn't dare meet any ordinary Scots, let alone Alex Salmond.

Scareforce One Makes Day Trip To Aberdeen 1901721_610932105651467_325370672_n

The day that happens, the sun will rise in the west.  rofl 
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:43 pm

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl 

He's not yellow is he?  biggrin 
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:47 pm

Very yellow indeed, Lily.

I hadn't intended to have a thread about the Independence referendum till considerably nearer to September. However, the spectacle of Cameron making a choreographed visit to his last colony to tell us that we're the only nation on earth that would be worse off if we had control of our own oil revenues was just too much for me.

After all, he's busy telling the Ukraine what to do, when he won't speak to the Scottish government.  rofl rofl rofl 
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:49 pm

You mean he's doing the magician's trick?  rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl 
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:52 pm

This is Cameron's idea of good politics:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scotland/scottish-politics/10658358/David-Cameron-I-let-out-cry-of-joy-over-David-Bowies-Scottish-independence-comments.html

Speaking during a visit to Aberdeen, Mr Cameron described the glee he felt at Bowie's intervention and said the music icon's message could influence alienated voters.

"I was watching the Brit Awards and when I saw Kate Moss leap to the stage and utter those words I have to say I did let out a little cry of joy," Mr Cameron said.
"I'm sure that maybe someone like David Bowie might be able to reach parts of Scotland that perhaps I can't."

Yes, the spectacle of an English, multi-millionaire tax exile telling Scots what to do via a rather raddled, stoner model really helped his cause no end.  rofl rofl rofl rofl 
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:55 pm

.......and for my next trick.....

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl 
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:58 pm

He has absolutely no idea, Lily. I should think the reporters in Aberdeen struggled to keep straight faces at the thought of Cameron's Little cry of joy.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:56 pm

Do you think he's hoping to do a duet with Bowie?  rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl 
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:21 pm

He is beginning to sound a bit desperate to me. And I'm not daft. If it's good for England then it won't be doing Scotland any favours.

And why can't Scotland have The Poond? Southern Ireland had The Punt until they joined The EU.
I can remember a time when English traders wouldn't accept my Bank of Scotland banknotes because they wuz furrin.

What a hoot if the Scottish Poond turned out to worth more than an English Pound. Oh what a laugh I would have.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:24 pm

It already is, Sabot. Every time a Scots bank prints, say, a £10 note, then £10 has to be deposited with the Bank of England. Real money backs up Scots banknotes.

It's going to be an interesting year.....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:39 pm

It already is, Sabot. Every time a Scots bank prints, say, a £10 note, then £10 has to be deposited with the Bank of England. Real money backs up Scots banknotes.

No wonder Scotland wants out.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:51 pm

It doesn't seem to have sunk in with Cameron that a lot of the good people of England would like out, too, Lily, but have nowhere to go except UKIP.

I have never seen a UK government help in such contempt by so many people before - Cameron and his chums don't seem to care about anything or anyone outside the M25 corridor.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:13 pm

They don't do they? They just seem so weak and ineffective?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:29 pm

Congratulations to Cameron, yet again, he's succeeded in annoying everyone. Even the pro-Union Record is up in arms about yesterday's stunt:

Scareforce One Makes Day Trip To Aberdeen 1798850_611229855621692_175947074_n

What's the opposite of the Midas touch?  rofl rofl rofl 
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:38 pm

The Bennett one?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:04 pm

There was the most appalling, well, rammy, on STV last night, between the deputy first minister, and Ms Lamont, leader of the Labour party (unionist division) in Scotland.

Yes, she really did say this:

- We're not genetically programmed in Scotland to make political decisions. - Johann Lamont, leader of the Scottish Labour Party.

I don't have the words.....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:06 pm

Scareforce One Makes Day Trip To Aberdeen 1604496_10202251341137346_816786687_n
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:11 pm

You know what her agenda is then?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:15 pm

Yes, to go crawling to whoever is in power in London and end up as Lady Joanna of the Rotten Teeth with a cosy seat in the Lords. It was dreadful - no wonder so much of the Labour party here has split from the likes of her.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:19 pm

That should give the campaign a boost, then. Own goal if you ask me. And deeply insulting.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:20 pm

Major boost. Is she the poster girl for the party?  rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl 
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:26 pm

Some of us have to suffer another seven months of this before we vote YES you know.

I had no intention of inflicting a Referendum thread on anyone until that w@nker Cameron went poncing around on an oil rig and revealed we had a trillion+ barrels of oil knocking around off our shores.

But uniquely, in the entire world, the Scots are too stupid to use oil money to the benefit of Scots.

As opposed to p*ssing it up against the wall in the City of London and similar dives.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:32 pm

Well I am interested now, Bonny. I have great affection for Scotland and would now be living there if I could have afforded to buy a house.
My days in Glasgow were some of the best in my life, and not to forget The Highlands where I also spent some time.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next