JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 6 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 6 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found!

4 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 6 Empty Re: Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found!

Post  bb1 Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:03 pm

I think Wallace's limbs are long gone, Lily...James IVs head is rumoured to be under a pub, so that might be in the realms of the possible...

That's the Tudors doing too, you know, they had a very disrespectful manner with real monarchs.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 6 Empty Re: Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found!

Post  lily Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:31 pm

That would be quite something if they found his head?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:18 am

Amateur ghost hunters claim to have made contact with the spirit of someone called Richard during a séance at a house with connections to Richard III

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Did-ghost-hunters-raise-Richard-III/story-20963422-detail/story.html#ixzz2z2UmSaPQ

They might have asked him where he wanted to be reburied while they were at it.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:01 am

Link to the Friends of Donington Manor House.   LL

http://www.dlhmanorfriends.co.uk/

I have also been trying to find the connection to Richard, but he is not mentioned anywhere - H7 is however as is the connection to Guy Fawkes.   LL

ETA Best comment from that Mercuty report:
Plockton | April 16 2014, 9:33AM
Poor bloke. Not only is there all this argy bargy about the resting place of his mortal remains, we now find his spirit is spending the eternity in Coalville.
 rofl rofl rofl rofl 

Last edited by Lamplighter on Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:10 am

It looks lovely, LL, thanks.

Now, call this a silly idea, but in the past 700 years, isn't it just possible that one of the residents was called Richard? Even supposing it was a spirit in the first place and not just someone playing silly sods....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:26 am

Richard was a popular name all across the centuries, so the place is probably full of ghosts caled Richard.  Above comment from Plockton on the Mercury, gets Prize of the Month!   LL   rofl rofl
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:49 am

Plockton | April 16 2014, 9:33AM
Poor bloke. Not only is there all this argy bargy about the resting place of his mortal remains, we now find his spirit is spending the eternity in Coalville.

Yes, that's a gem.  rofl rofl rofl 
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:10 pm

This is a link to the Inn where Richard is supposed to have spent the night berfore Bosworth.   LL

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/12/121217234942.htm

http://www.britainexpress.com/attractions.htm?attraction=333
This seems to be an erroneus claim from britainexpress siter:
Claim re the name chgange of the Inn:  
The innkeeper quickly renamed his inn 'The Blue Boar', in honour of the new monarch, Henry VIII, whose emblem was a blue boar.
Actual info re heraldic bages of H7 and H8:
 Henry VII: a Rose of York and Lancaster; a Portcullis and a Fleur-de-Lis, all of them crowned; a red dragon; a white greyhound; a Hawthorn Bush and Crown, with the cypher H.R.
Henry VIII: the same, without the Hawthorn Bush and with a White Cockerel
Also the new monarch was H7, NOT H8.

Last edited by Lamplighter on Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:18 pm

http://www.britainexpress.com/attractions.htm?attraction=333

After Richard lost his life at Bosworth the bed was stripped of its rich hangings and covers, but the bed itself was left at the inn. The innkeeper quickly renamed his inn 'The Blue Boar', in honour of the new monarch, Henry VIII, whose emblem was a blue boar.

ORLY? Think something's gone a bit wrong there....

Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 6 121217234942-large

Leicester is so enthusiastically embracing all things Richard, I wouldn't be surprised if they rebuild the whole thing, full size.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:23 pm

bb1 wrote:http://www.britainexpress.com/attractions.htm?attraction=333

After Richard lost his life at Bosworth the bed was stripped of its rich hangings and covers, but the bed itself was left at the inn. The innkeeper quickly renamed his inn 'The Blue Boar', in honour of the new monarch, Henry VIII, whose emblem was a blue boar.

ORLY? Think something's gone  a bit wrong there....

Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 6 121217234942-large

Leicester is so enthusiastically embracing all things Richard, I wouldn't be surprised if they rebuild the whole thing, full size.
Claim re the name chgange of the Inn:

The innkeeper quickly renamed his inn 'The Blue Boar', in honour of the new monarch, Henry VIII, whose emblem was a blue boar.

Actual info re heraldic bages of H7 and H8:

Henry VII: a Rose of York and Lancaster; a Portcullis and a Fleur-de-Lis, all of them crowned; a red dragon; a white greyhound; a Hawthorn Bush and Crown, with the cypher H.R.
Henry VIII: the same, without the Hawthorn Bush and with a White Cockerel

Also the new monarch was H7, NOT H8.
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:30 pm

So far the only connection I can find is that Richard's bed ended up in the Manor. LL

Another possible Richard house in Scarborough, about one third down the page:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/northyorkshire/iloveny/nature/walk_through_time/10.shtml
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:47 pm

I can't quite remember - was his navy based there, or am I getting confused?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:55 pm

bb1 wrote:I can't quite remember - was his navy based there, or am I getting confused?
Whose navy? And where? If you mean the English navy in the Yorkist time then probably based at Portsmouth or Southampton - the latter was, as I remember, where HV sailed from to conquer France. Oh a small titbit, did you knw HV was the first English king to use English as hisd main language, ie at the court it replaced French. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:06 pm

There's something at the back of my mind about him commanding a small fleet in the North Sea, LL, to do with Scotland?

Aha, found it!

http://www.yorkshire-coast.co.uk/scarb/history/richard.htm

King Richard III was given the castle, the lordship, the Crown rents, the port and the haven in 1473, when he was still Duke of Gloucester. He made the port his supply base for all his war ships. He built a bulwark to secure the harbour and improved the town defences, replacing part of the Newborough moat with a new stone wall, complete with turrets. He occasionally stayed in the castle.

His wife gave name to the Queen's Lodgings at the castle. Richard used the Richard III house on Sandside, a favorite place where people visit today. Richard borrowed money from a merchant called Thomas Sage, while his agents made contracts for supplying his fleet in the harbour and the forces in Scotland. Before King Richard died, he granted Scarborough a new constitution, making Scarborough a county rather than a borough.

http://www.scarboroughsmaritimeheritage.org.uk/aport1400.php

The king's brother, Richard Duke of Gloucester took a fleet to Scotland in 1471. Sir Thomas Hastings was made constable of Scarborough castle and in June that year was ordered to arrest Thomas George and Robert Gower, Thomas Sage, Richard and John Robinson of Scarborough. The Duke campaigned against Scotland again in the following year. He probably became familiar with Scarborough in this period. He used the port to provision the King's ships. He borrowed money from ,or incurred debts, to Scarborough burgesses and he ordered local supplies. John Pepedes was commissioned to recruit mariners and soldiers and Richard Goughe to find supplies for Dunbar and the navy. William Todde of York was paid £28.4.8 for things supplied for victualling the kings ships at Scarborough. Margaret Todd in 1483 would give three Scarborough houses to endow a chapel of the Archangel Gabriel at Whitby.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:30 pm

Thanks, bonny, that's what I was actually trying to remember. Scarborough would be a very good site for his navy when he went to deal with the Scots. Also a small extra for the Inn in Leicester, as Richard, being king, owned Leicester Castle, would it not be more likely that he would stay there, not somewhere that would not be big enough to house his entourage? The Plantaganets had close ties with the castle. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:37 pm

That is an oddity, isn't it? But there seems to be no doubt that he spent the night at the inn...
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:56 pm

bb1 wrote:That is an oddity, isn't it? But there seems to be no doubt that he spent the night at the inn...
Have a look here, Leicester University says he slept at the Inn on 20 August but spent his last night before the battle under canvas. LL
https://www.le.ac.uk/richardiii/history/visittoleicester.html
After riding from Nottingham, Richard stayed at the Blue Boar on the night of 20 August 1485, reputedly in his own bed which he had brought with him. The next morning he rode out of the town, spending the night of 21 August under canvas before meeting his destiny the following day at Bosworth Field.
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:42 pm

Finding it less than convincing, somehow....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:52 pm

Me too.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:13 pm

If they were so convinced it was him, why didn't they ask him where he wanted to be reburied? Could have saved a lot of hassle.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:22 pm

Of course, that would be a no brainer?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:25 pm

There are always loonies that jump on any wagon they think might be profitable. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:37 pm

And sometimes they're just loonies.  rofl 
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:26 am

Decision on Richard after holiday

A decision on whether the University of Leicester's Richard III exhumation licence is valid or not is expected to be made soon after Easter.

The university, Leicester City Council and Leicester Cathedral are all waiting to hear whether the High Court will uphold or quash the Ministry of Justice licence.

The legal document says that the former king's remains should be reinterred at St Martin's cathedral.

However, the Plantaganet Alliance – a group of 15 people claiming to be related to the 500-year-old monarch – is arguing that the whole of the UK should have been consulted before the licence was issued.

A judicial review was held last month and now the defendants and Alliance are waiting to hear whether the High Court will rule to uphold or nullify the licence.

The date of the decision will not be known until 24 hours before it is revealed.

However, city mayor Sir Peter Soulsby said he expects it to be handed down in about two weeks.

He said: "We've been told that we would get 24 hours notice of any decision which the court has made and we haven't received anything yet.

"I understand the court is closed for Easter now and won't open again until April 29 – and we're expecting something shortly after that.

"It goes without saying that I'm confident we're going to get the result we've been looking for."

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Decision-Richard-holiday/story-20979651-detail/story.html#ixzz2zEDuuVtx
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:27 pm

That Plantagenet Alliance is really out there? Is it going to foot the bill for what it proposes?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next