JATYK2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Candles site
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm by Pedro Silva

» help Liam Scott
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 13 EmptySat May 02, 2020 1:05 pm by Pedro Silva

» WE STILL HOPE' Madeleine McCann parents vow to keep searching for their daughter in emotional Christmas message
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 13 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:37 am by Pedro Silva

» Candles site
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 13 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 6:40 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann's parents urge holidaymakers to take posters abroad with them this summer in bid to find their daughter
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 13 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm by Pedro Silva

» Madeleine McCann investigation gets more funding
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm by Pedro Silva

» new suspect in Madeleine McCann
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 13 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm by Sabot

» NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 13 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:02 pm by Pedro Silva

» SUN, STAR: 'Cristovao goes on trial' - organised home invasions, etc
Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 13 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am by Sabot

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found!

4 posters

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 13 Empty Re: Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found!

Post  lily Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:21 pm

At last! Good sense prevails. Bless Your Grace.

Oh that is such a nice touch for Mr. Ibsen.  smile 
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 13 Empty Re: Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found!

Post  bb1 Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:30 pm

Lamplighter wrote:http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/King-s-descendant-create-coffin/story-21247092-detail/story.html

By the wa,y the Plantaganet Alliance are not appealling the decision re Richard's final resting place.    LL

Oh, thank goodness for that! In idle moments, I follow their internet shenanigans for comic relief - they make the numties look intelligent and sane.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:43 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2661573/Revealed-King-Richard-III-planned-buried-York-not-Leicester-according-extraordinary-529-year-old-letter.html

This letter was written two weeks before the death his supposedly beloved Queen.

And where was she buried, might I ask?
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:52 am

Oh, not the chantry letter yet again! It's like a Ricardian version of the fridge....and I very much doubt that-----

The letter, dated 2 March 1485, records the King angrily demanding that the priests be paid so that they can pray for him.

Yes, Anne was indeed buried in Westminster.

Yorkshire has lost his son's grave. His father and brother had their heads cut off and stuck on top of the gates of York. Their remains were later removed from York.

I doubt if Richard was planning on being buried anywhere in 1485, which proves the folly of suicidal cavalry charges, a mistake repeated by the still-missing James iV.

Most of this nonsense is coming from here:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Leicester-Cabal-Hang-your-Heads-in-Shame/646703955419819

They make the numties look sane and intelligent. I gather they're boycotting Walker's crisps because they're made in Leicester...... yernuts

Last edited by bb1 on Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:02 am

I am not actually advocating that he should be buried at Westminster, probably because I don't really care where they bury him. But that letter is definitely not proof that he wanted to be buried at York.
He wanted his soul to be prayed for, and the people doing the praying to be paid.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:12 am

Well, when all this started, I thought York would have been quite nice, but it quickly became clear it wasn't practical. End of story, or should have been.

I go back to the judgement of Solomon - if these York loonies really cared as much as they claimed, they would have wanted to do the best thing possible as soon as possible. Instead...well, we know what happened.

I swear most of them have got their history from romantic fiction, and created someone who never actually existed. They frequently refer to him as:

RICHARD OF YORK, KING OF THE NORTH

1. Richard of York was his father.

2. The King of the North is a character in Game of Thrones.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:22 am

I might one day want my soul to be prayed for in Plymouth, although I somewhat doubt it. But I certainly don't want to be buried there.. Christ, no. And graves are so much cheeper here.

And anyway, they've got this thing here were Companies will deliver Chrysanthemums to the graves of your loved ones if you haven't got the time.

I always have loved Chrysanthemums. I shall add something about it to my Will. The rotten little horrors defo won't have the time to come in person.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:24 am

You'd better tell everyone beforehand, as Wills tend to be read after funerals...
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sabot Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:32 am

Right. I'll do that when my baby is here in July. I've already told them to come with a van and get the good stuff out of the house before the Assessors come in. But ever practical, me.

I somehow doubt that Richard will have the pleasure of flowers. It might make the place look untidy.
Sabot
Sabot
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:38 am

Au contraire, I think that's one of the reasons for the black marble base? White roses will look wonderful?

Leicester Cathedral doesn't seem to be the most fussy, pernickety of places - they're well used to having white roses all over the place as it is. If I'm being honest, I find it nicer than York Minster in many ways.

From what I've read, it's part of the community, and contrary to nonsense from York, was standing in Richard's time, as a church which has been patched up and extended over the years.

York Minster doesn't do much for me. I know it looks spectacular, and has spires and curly bits, but - to me, personally - there's something lifeless about it, as if it's frozen in a time that's gone?

It's hard to explain....
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Lamplighter Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:40 am

Richard was affdectionately known as "Lord of the North" as E4 erntristed all the northern part of England to his brother, to rule as I suppose what we would call a 'viceroy' ie a stand in for the actualy king. It was common practice for kings, nobles, prelates and those who could afford it to endow a chantry , often more than one, in places whey associated with. E4 endowed quite a few, and I think, because E4 endowed Wkindsor and he is also buried there, the PA are trying to use that as an example of why Richard should be buried at York. I wondered what the Plantagenet Alliance would try next. LL
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:27 pm

The PA crazies aren't rational people, though, LL, as I am sure anyone who's seen their internet antics realises....they are actually worse than the numties, incredibly.

What was it that was going to save the day last week? Oh yes, a comma in the wrong place. Now we're back on chantries again in rants about the 'Leicester cabal'.  Rolling Eyes 
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:21 pm

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1795011&page=185

I expect the original Just Giving page set up by Richard III to crowd fund his chantry to turn up any day now.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl 

Seriously, if anyone doubts the York lot are totally bonkers, that mega-thread is ample proof.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:22 pm

Are they even living in the 'now'?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:02 pm

Don't think so, from today's rant. This one is too good not to share:

Leicester Cabal Hang your Heads in Shame It will be worse for Leicester on the Day of Judgement than it was for Sodom and Gomorrah, I shake the dust of Leicester from my feet

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl 
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:11 pm

They take the Great out of Britain.  rofl rofl rofl rofl 
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:30 pm

His Grace has had a clean-up and got a nice new sword:

Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 13 6248040-large

Richard III: First image of restored and upgraded statue
By Leicester Mercury  |  Posted: June 26, 2014

The monument was donated to the city by the Richard III Society and stood in Castle Gardens, Leicester, for about 34 years.

It was removed in May and taken to Hirst Conservation's workshop, in Lincolnshire, for restoration.

The bronze sculpture was patinated – a process which removes blemishes from the metal – and then waxed.

Restorers also fitted the statue with a new, grander-looking sword, which replaced the king's less regal dagger.

Workers will fix the statue to a new plinth in Cathedral Gardens, outside St Martins, where it will be opposite the Richard III visitor centre that opens in July.

Elizabeth Hirst, principal conservator at Hirst, said she would be sad to see the king leave the workshop.

She said: "We've all become very fond of him. When you put so much love and attention into something for so long, you become attached to it. We don't want to give him back.

"But I don't think we'd be very popular if we kept him.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Return-restored-Richard/story-21293145-detail/story.html

Last edited by bb1 on Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:02 pm

They've done a really good job.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:46 pm

http://www.itv.com/news/central/update/2014-07-05/new-richard-iii-sculpture-unveiled-at-leicester-cathedral/

New Richard III sculpture unveiled at Leicester Cathedral
Last updated Sat 5 Jul 2014
UK King Richard III Leicester
The Bishop of Leicester has described a new sculpture which was unveiled at the opening of Leicester Cathedral's new gardens.

Reverend Tim Stephens, said:

The sculpture comprises steel plates which take us on a journey through the events of that day when Richard III was killed at the battle of Bosworth... We see the silhouette of the king mounted on a horse, falling from his horse, engaged in battle, finally slain and removed from the battlefield.

Breaking News!!!! Richard III's Body Found! - Page 13 Article_img

I must confess, I'm not really getting it - you probably have to see it in 3D to appreciate it?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:31 pm

I would hope so, Bonny.
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:12 pm

I am sure everyone would appreciate something comparatively sane...

Pics of the new centre:

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/pictures/Gallery-Richard-III-Visitor-Centre/pictures-21741682-detail/pictures.html#1

About the whizzy things it all does:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-28424958
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  lily Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:24 pm

Brilliant. I like it do you?
lily
lily
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:34 pm

I think you'd have to see it in 3D to get the full effect, like those metal panels, but yes, it does look good to me. They've been faced with the mammoth task of telling Richard's story to a modern audience without sugar-coating that period of history, or getting too involved with 'orrid 'umps and alleged dead princes.

It's also good that there's a new-found fascination with all things medieval. If the poor guy had been found in the 19th century, he would probably have ended up with his bones wired together dangling from the ceiling in Madam Tussaud's Chamber of Horrors, instead of being a bit of a (deceased) rock star in the public mind.

It's NOT a museum, it can't be, because almost uniquely, Richard's story carried on in the 21st century and it looks to me like the creators and designers have done a pretty good job of pulling it together.

What do you think, LL?
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:44 pm

Just found this on a link on DS:

Fly-through of Richard's original burial site before H8 decided he wanted to get his leg over with Anne Boleyn, for the good of England, of course!

You can see how close the now-cathedral is, before it was enlarged, repaired, etc.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  bb1 Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:43 pm

Richard III: Crowds turn out to opening of new visitor centre on "day of celebration" for Leicester
The new Richard III Visitor Centre has opened to the public, amidst great fanfare and excitement.

Crowds gathered this morning outside the new attraction, which is on the very site the Last Plantagenet King of England was laid to rest more than 500 years ago.

The king's body was discovered by archeologists in 2012.

First in the queue for the 10am opening was Joan Mungovin, of Wigston.

“I arrived at 8.30am,” she said. “There was no way I was going to miss this and wanted to be first in the queue.”

Joan, 43, was involved in the petition amassing some 34,477 signatures to keep Richard’s bones in Leicester following a challenge from advocate from York.

“We’ve been looking forward to this for weeks,” she said. “Knowing that this was the resting place of a great king who died in battle more than 500 years ago is a sombre feeling.

“You have to pay your respects, but it is also a day of celebration for Leicester.

“What the city has done, first finding him, then fighting to keep him here, and now this visitor centre, is a wonderful achievement.

“It’s about time we started to blow our own trumpet as a city, and today is one of those days.”

City mayor, Sir Peter Soulsby cut the ribbon to declare the £4 million centre, which tells of the life, tribulations, death and rediscovery of Richard.

He was introduced by Leicester City Town Crier Ben Ennis, who was making his debut appearance in the role.

He did so with the words: “King Richard at Bosworth Battlefield was killed, a grave in Greyfriars he filled

"After five centuries passed, Leicester searched, and at last, This new visitor’s centre did build – the King is dead, long live the King – And God Save the Queen!”

Medieval-themed celebrations are taking place throughout the day - until 4pm – in the gardens of Leicester Cathedral, directly opposite the new attraction.

Other activities include free craft workshops where children can make crowns, knights’ helmets and heraldic shields, and puppet shows.

Characters dressed in King Richard lll livery and medieval ladies are in the gardens, as well as a knight on stilts, Bill the Jester and the Leicester Town Crier.

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Richard-III-Crowds-turn-opening-new-visitor/story-21942155-detail/story.html#ixzz38baPsSsC
Read more at http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Richard-III-Crowds-turn-opening-new-visitor/story-21942155-detail/story.html#wc6XDuKFzqafIGf8.99

I hope the knight doesn't fall off the stilts, they'll never get him up again.

Lots of pics here:

https://www.facebook.com/KRIIICentre/photos_stream

Sources say the strange wailing, creaking sound coming from Westminster Abbey is H7 rolling in his grave.
bb1
bb1
Slayer of scums
Slayer of scums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next